success to convince from an endometriosis history

mnm216

Hi ladies,

I wanna share my experience as I know quite a lot ladies having endometriosis and worry so much. I hope my little story can give you some hopes.

Me and my hubby were trying to conceive for 3 years but nothing happened. I have irregular mense since teenage. Mostly 2 times mense within a month and lagging a long period. I took birth control pill to control my mense for on and off 10 years, doctors think could be my hormones inbalance.
I was seeing my first doctor WC Cheng in Thomson 1 year ago. I don't feel much pain during mense so the first doctor never suspects I do have endometriosis, instead, he gave me some unrelated hormones due to the blood test show my prolactin level is high. So he gave me bromocriptine which never help me convince and my second doctor told me I have no reason to take those pill due to wrong diagnose! I was shocked and can't believe I have been wasting a year time and taking some hormones pilll which is unnecessary!

So until my client introduced Dr Steven Teo to me, I decided to change a doctor seek more opinion before I decide to go for IVF. Dr Steven Teo found out I have endometriosis when I met him the first time and he suggested me to do the keyhole surgery. Also, he asked me to do a blood test of prolactin and turns out I have no problem! My prolactin level was high only becuase the lab the other doctor used didn't do a good job, so I was always slightly over the level range.

I was shocked just like you when Dr told me I have endometriosis and it could be the reason stop me having baby. I upset and worried because I know very little thing about endometriosis as it needs surgery if I want baby, it sounds serious but trust me, it isn't that serious and the keyhole surgery wasn't scary at all!

Meantime, I'm glad that my new doctor may find out the real reason why I can't conceive.

Dr Teo did tell me my tubes are fine, ovulation may be not regular, after done the surgery I can try to convince after 2 months and the best timing is within a year as endometriosis could come back. If no good news after a year, then could be other issue or some issue that we never found out, ivf is the final option.

It took me 2 days only to make the decision to do the keyhole surgery. As I really hope to be convinced without ivf. So I did it this year in March and I just confirmed got pregnant 2 days ago! I really glad I did meet Dr Steven Teo.

Hello @mnm216
So until my client introduced Dr Steven Teo to me, I decided to change a doctor seek more opinion before I decide to go for IVF. Dr Steven Teo found out I have endometriosis when I met him the first time and he suggested me to do the keyhole surgery. Also, he asked me to do a blood test of prolactin and turns out I have no problem! My prolactin level was high only becuase the lab the other doctor used didn't do a good job, so I was always slightly over the level range.

I was shocked just like you when Dr told me I have endometriosis and it could be the reason stop me having baby. I upset and worried because I know very little thing about endometriosis as it needs surgery if I want baby, it sounds serious but trust me, it isn't that serious and the keyhole surgery wasn't scary at all!

Meantime, I'm glad that my new doctor may find out the real reason why I can't conceive.

Dr Teo did tell me my tubes are fine, ovulation may be not regular, after done the surgery I can try to convince after 2 months and the best timing is within a year as endometriosis could come back. If no good news after a year, then could be other issue or some issue that we never found out, ivf is the final option.

It took me 2 days only to make the decision to do the keyhole surgery. As I really hope to be convinced without ivf. So I did it this year in March and I just confirmed got pregnant 2 days ago! I really glad I did meet Dr Steven Teo.

I also just did my laproscopy last month, and I was diagnosed Stage 4, had bad sticking on the intestines
rectum was stuck to uterus (and they cant unstick it via laproscopy/ keyhole surgery)... but the doc doing the surgery said aim for IVF

can I ask at what stage r u?

tubes are normal, i had 1 good ovary, the other one has cyst all over.
after the op, doc ask me to take VISANE, but this makes me have alot of period :(

Truly inspired by your sharing above :)

Hi mnm216, wat test Dr Steven do for u and found out that u got endometriosis? I always suspect I got endometriosis because every mth when my menses come I feel so painful and cramp so badly, sometime pain until I feel like vomit and cant even go to work. Almost every mth I need to take mc. I went to see Dr and do scan, doc said I m pretty fine but I TCC for almost 4 yrs still no news. I was so upset.

Hi mnm216, wat test Dr Steven do for u and found out that u got endometriosis? I always suspect I got endometriosis because every mth when my menses come I feel so painful and cramp so badly, sometime pain until I feel like vomit and cant even go to work. Almost every mth I need to take mc. I went to see Dr and do scan, doc said I m pretty fine but I TCC for almost 4 yrs still no news. I was so upset.

Hi Ey Girl, so basically I had ultrasound done, they place a tool inside to see whether I had brown cyst , which in my case is evident. this is not yet declared as "confirmative"
you have do to the diagnostic laproscopy to confirm doc's suspicion, which in my case is correctly diagnosed

hi there, your symptoms are exactly what I was suffering from in the last few years. I was subsequently confirmed to have stage 4 Endo after I decided to go for laparoscopy.Do get it checked and my advice is to avoid delay in surgery (adhesions will worsen), all the best!

Can I know where u gals do the laparoscopy and how much its cost?

@seagazer every mth ur pain are there on ur 1st day? Until u did surgery on endo the pain only gone? Now my pain was not that serious already after I took some tcm med and sometime some mth won't feel pain at all. I also not sure should I still go for laparoscopy.

I also went for HSG test to check whether got blocked tube anot and did some scan for IUI, doc told me that I am fine and no issue.

Can I know where u gals do the laparoscopy and how much its cost?

@seagazer every mth ur pain are there on ur 1st day? Until u did surgery on endo the pain only gone? Now my pain was not that serious already after I took some tcm med and sometime some mth won't feel pain at all. I also not sure should I still go for laparoscopy.
Hello~ Yes for me, the cramps are so bad and my body got used to the usual painkillers and they don’t work for me anymore, except for one specific brand. I was told by my gynae that if I don’t go for the surgery, it may eventually be such that no painkiller will work for me.
Maybe you can check with your gynae on laparoscopy? My advice is to not delay because serious Endo will cause the cysts to adhere to other organs/the walls inside. If there are too many adhesions, it may be such that the surgeons are unable to remove them. Thankfully, my adhesions were very very bad but the surgeons manage to free everything. My surgery took 3 hours because of this.

I had my laparoscopy at Mount E Novena,fully covered by insurance and it cost $27k because I have polyps, fibroids and cysts.

Back