Subsidy Patient @ KKH

BS S (rojakz),
when im at ur stage i dun feel dat much pain down there.. but now dat im almoz near d finishing line, when i walk 2 much, d bone near d V area very painful.. sumtyms i have diff in standing or even walking properly.. hubby told mi not 2 walk 2 much.. but i never listen.. coz when he at work, i would sneak out 2 jurong point.. hehe.. n do some shopping.. wat 2 do.. i juz live acroz jurong point.. in 2 mins i can reach jurong point liao.. hehe...

abt medical students, err.. u mean trainee doc? ya during my 1st labour, got diz cute n young chinese trainee doc.. hehe.. he was d one doin d stitching.. haha~!

Hi watie,
wow, at least yr lovely mummy got experience to support u. haa maybe hubby will either panic or 'fainted' maybe legs soft...

I am also wondering why private patient under private hospital are required to go for a ultra sound scan every visit. for me, i dun scan for every visit, I only scan during my wk 5,8, 10 , 20 (detail scan) and the coming one in oct. the early scan are due to the bleeding problem so doc need to monitor the situation of bb loh.

somemore, scanning not cheap also.scanning not include in the package that they signed up. yup, for my dec thread mommies also, they did the OSCAR, down sydronme, the triple test etc test...all kind of expensive test...dunno why...

tot, walking help to deliver easily tough we pregnancy woman hardly exercise.

for me, I also let natural take its place, counting the days for the arrival of bb.

my little boss told me that she still went for her master class during her late pregnancy. she studied for exam and test. what is so interesting is that everyone including the examiner stares at her when she walked into the exam hall, like never seem a pregnant woman before and also maybe they think that she come to the wrong place, shd be at home or in hospital instead. :p.

as the due date approached, she missed her class and then come back after her 2 mth of maternity leave.

same here, in my dec thread, most of the ppls are from private hospital and only 1-2 are from NUH or KKH only. many of them including my friend all choose to deliver in either mt A or TTC. they prefered the services there.

afcai (afcai),
u noe, i have been scaring my hubby lately.. scare him later when i deliver got lotsa blood.. d placenta very yucky looking.. n when i deliver, im goin 2 bite him (like those usually seen in dramas).. haha~! should have seen d look on his face~! very petrified.. if only i could roll over on d floor n laugh.. hehe.. mi so wicked..

ya, i oso dunoe why dey muz do scanning every time.. mi oso dun do scanning.. d last tym i went for consultation, i ask d doc, next appt got scanning anot.. he say no nid.. becoz i already did d full detail scanning.. n my baby looks perfectly fine.. he didnt want mi 2 was money lor.. he told mi dat.. so since den, i stopped goin for my checkup altogether.. i also skipped doin d down syndrome's test or wateva tez der is lah.. quite ex u noe.. mi a very young mummy.. so money doesnt comes easy for mi.. hubby juz started on a stable job.. guez it would be maybe 3-4 yrs tym when we could afford our own flat.. ;p

ya, d reason why i stopped my course halfway is becoz i have an exam on my due date.. hehe.. so no choice lah.. have 2 stop halfway..

hi cuclainne,

how many weeks is ur pregnancy? how have u been doing? good?
happy.gif

eliza_hairi (eliza_hairi),
im only 21....
embarrassed.gif

cuclainne (cuclainne),
we are very fine~! thnk u~!
kao_welcome2.gif

hehe.. dun like dat lah.. make mi abit paiseh u noe.. my 1st child is 2 yrs 5mth..

but young age is good...
happy.gif

our eggs age with us as we grow older... so i have a 30 yr old egg now to have baby (hopefully no problems later).. dats y after 35 if have baby hi risk pregnancy... coz d egg is 35 yrs old oso.

n ur hubby haven seen babies being delivered before rite... hahaha..... siap la!

my hubby was ok during my delivery..he kept giving me encouraging words to go on wen i almost succumb to epidural! he even managed to cut baby's umbilical cord.
happy.gif

hi eliza, i am about 33 weeks' pregnant now - my first child and it's a girl! Yay!! Doing much better now - no more morning sickness (hurray!) and have been eating and eating and eating .... just the usual aches and pains. how about you?

hi watie .. wow! you are a young mother - how are you coping with your pregnancy and having a young one to care for at home?

BS_S,

my hubby must be d laziest ard here. i go my appts alone k...
sad.gif
d detailed scan oso he neva go. he always very bz, dono wif wt la.. hehehe. lucky he insist of being ard during delivery.

afcai,
d gas has no side effect after delivery. coz d effect happens only wen u suck in d gas. dont inhale no effect. dats y must keep inhaling.

my hubby was there throughout d whole delivery process. yes, he saw d gynae stitching. he still got d cheek to joke abt it at dat time. tell d gynae dont stitch d wrong parts, later he jia lat!! cannot have 2nd baby. heheee.. very crude!

i only stayed in d hospital for 2 days. i deliver, next day discharge. my gynae say dont waste money. can rest at home better.

i didnt manage to breastfeed my baby. coz after delivery i have excessive bleeding. fell ill for abt 2 weeks. so gave baby formula at dat time. by d time i recover, baby difficult to latch on oready. aiyah..... i tink my baby dont like breast laa... even after delivery, d nurse gave me d baby to latch on, my baby refuse.

my confinement was only on food, post natal massage n traditional nutrition. i already start bathing d next day after delivery. but hot shower la! heck care!! if i m smelly n dirty, how to take care of baby rite??

Pregnancy tests:
if ur gynae says ur baby is find, then i guess no nid to go such test laa.. unless u really want to be sure dat baby is really has no problem. i also go for detailed scan only. down syndrome test neva go also. unless mummy's age is above 35, then must go for such tests coz hi risk pregnancy.

hi cuclaine,

i have oredy delivered in april. my baby is 5 mths old now. i m in dis thread coz i want to know more abt being a subsidised patient at kkh. i was a private patient before.

good to know dat ur r enjoying pregnancy now
happy.gif

i miss being pregnant
sad.gif

eliza, i see .. thanks for sharing valuable info here yah.

maybe it's the hormones yah .. now very emotional. the husband has been with me for almost every appointment/ scan but he missed one because i told him that it was not necessary - he always make noise when we have to wait for a long time. at the last appointment, i nearly cried in the waiting room when i realised that i wanted him to be there - when he found out that i was waiting to see the doctor, he took a cab down from the office just for the appointment because he didn't want me to have a meltdown in there and scare the other mommies!!

cuclainne,

yah u r rite.. wen pregnant, very emotional. for me, i was pretty bad-tempered during my pregnancy. pity my students. suffered my wrath all d time.. heheheh

ur HB so caring... haiz!.. envy

Hi all
How's everyone today? Hope you all are having good days w/o much aches & pains.. ahhaha

Wow Watie... you are such a young mom. But it's good lah cos' you will have lots of energy (after you deliver) to keep up with your young children.
Btw, how did you know that it was a trainee doctor who stiched you up ah? is it cos' there was another doctor by his side who was telling him what to do?

Most of the time, was it the midwives who attended to you during your labour? Cos' I read that if you need any stitching or c-section then it will be doctor on duty who will be doing it for you. But for natural labour, mainly it'll be the midwives leh...

Eliza, I am about the same age as you leh... hahaha... so I am a pretty 'mature' mom...
happy.gif
I refuse to say that i am old cos' age is just a number... hahaha..thick skinned right? hmm... your job sounds quite ok leh.. got long holidays ya? but i guess you have stress too lah... esp when the students are naughty and dun want to listen to you that time ya?

Hi Cuclainne, welcome to this thread!
happy.gif
I read from the Nov thread that you will be delivering soon is it?

BS_S,

where got long holiday?? only in december considered have long holiday. other school holidays still must report to work. haiz... my work making me very tired. imagine, i spent more time wif other ppl kids than my own.

watie,
u live opposite jurong point? cool!!! i love going to jurong point especially kiddy palace. dats d best kiddy palace branch as compared to others. i live at hv, nothing much laa.... so boring.

Cuclainne,
ur edd nearing is it? must be really exciting rite? r u a subsidised patient at kkh too?

afcai,
u r rite, walking n squatting excercise help in delivery. make pelvic area more flexible. i did alot of walking n squatting from 6 mth onwards. n becoz of my werk, must stand n walk alot anyway. maybe dats y i dilated n baby engaged early.

mummies,

how do u intend to carry ur babies ard after delivery? pram, sarong sling, baby carrier or jus cradle using hand?

i used to carry my baby in d sarong sling since birth. now 5 mth she getting heavier. try putting her in pram oredy but she always fuss. use sarong sling then she happy coz used to it.... haiz!! she getting heavier day by day.

watie, how abt u? wat were u using?

Hi Eliza,
Yup, sometimes my tummy feels v. tight and I can feel a bb hand/leg just below my right breast there. Haiz... then once I rub rub a bit, it will subside lor. Hmm..thats counted at the BH contractions meh? I thought contractions should feel like your tummy is being squeezed or something???

Although HV got nothing much but it's a pretty centralized location ya? Easy to get around to anywhere in S'pore. Oh ya, the Cold Storage there opens 24hrs ya?? Can go shopping in the wee hours... like Mustafa...
happy.gif

your hubby sounds pretty cool during your delivery leh.. hahaha.. hope my hubby just dont freak out then lha. He is scared of seeing needles leh.. cos' when the nurse had to draw his blood for the test, he tensed up!! THe nurse had to spend minutes to calm him down enough... hahaha

hmm.. I intend to use a sling leh.. cos' it's pretty easy to use and i have used the Indo selendang before... My mom just bought some for me... just that the colours are a bit 'obiang' lah... hahaha... so maybe the other mommies will think that I am the maid carrying the kid!
happy.gif

Hi Afcai,
The person who did the growth scan for me actually did the calculation for me leh. She asked me for my weight then she told me that my bb is about 1.5kg. But i think my bb may be bigger cos' when I went down after the scan to take my weight, I realized that I was 1kg heavier than what i told her!
sad.gif

Yup, the doctor still gives me obimin leh. oh ya, I forgot to tell u, one of the doctor tell me that obimin dun need prescription one. You just need to go to their pharmacy and you can buy liao.
happy.gif
I am trying to drink at least a glass of milk everyday and eat lots of fruits & vege. Cos' i find that if i dun eat a certain amt of fruits & vege everyday, I will have constipation leh. So sometimes, I will also eat some yoghurt to ease the constipation... are you also experiencing constipation?

Yup, I have thought up of some names for my bb liao. Cos' during my growth scan, the nurse confirmed the gender again so now pretty sure that it's a boy lah. I am also thinking of going to those fortune teller / feng shui master to get the chinese name leh. Saw a package at TMC that this guy is offering a package of $88 but dun know how good is he leh. Anyway, even if we dun get a professional name, we have one in mind liao...hahaha.. kiasu parents ya???

hahaha.. my hubby is v. laidback one... he only feel gancheong about certain things lah. We still havent bought any stroller yet leh. He only bought a baby bath tub cos' there was an offer at bb kingdom... a tub + the non-slip pad for $19.90... lazy right? Haiz.. but since I am getting quite a few hand-me-downs, I am also not so worried lah...
happy.gif

Lucky your boss approve your leave... shld rest more.. I feel v. big these days leh.. when sleeping and want to turn over also must go in stages one... lie on my back then turn to either left or right. Cannot turn over just like that leh.

Haiz.. my feet looks super ugly & obvious i tell you...so much water retention! my colleague tell me that once i have no more water retention, it means that we will be delivering soon. Btw, as you grow bigger, do you prefer to wear skirts intead? I do leh... hahaha...

Just to check with you mummies here.. have you all experienced any whitish discharge ah? Cos' I had a few days ago and now it stopped... it started just after i asked the doc about Strep B then now gone liao.

Should I mention this to the doctor? but sometimes, forgot what I want to ask my doctor leh! So much so that I have to write down exactly what I want to ask so that I will not forget..hahah

Read from another thread that cranberry juice actually help to clear up/prevent urinary tract infection, anybody tried tis before?

hi BS_S,

is there any foul smell besides d whitish discharge? if no, then i guess, its not so much of a concern. if its yellow discharge n got foul smell, then mayb should worry. maybe can kol up ur gynae jus to be sure?

i heard abt d cranberry juice but i tot its only to help prevent UTI not to cure/clear up.

my HB oso dun go wif mi when i have my check up.. he only went once.. coz he foreva bz wif werk.. but i guez its beta diz way.. coz after dat, i get 2 window shop.. i love shopping by myself.. no one pestering mi.. bugis area got many place 2 shop.. keke... ya u r rite abt being 2 emotional during pregnancy.. diz pregnancy i abit siao.. oways picking a fight wif my HB.. n i get jealous easily.. i dun allow my HB 2 kip in any contact wif any ladies.. if i found out, he will get hell.. haha.. sumting wrong wif my brain.. haha..

ya, i oso love goin 2 kiddy palace~! i could walk in there for hours n not buy aniting~! haha.. but at elast i got some exercise done.. keke.. last tym wif my dotter, i mostly use d pram.. very lazy lah.. hehe.. but i do use d carrier.. i dunoe how 2 use d sling lah.. i see like very diff lyk dat. so i juz stick 2 bb carrier.. now 2nd one oso intend 2 do d same..

wah, u a teacher sey.. den ur tolerance level towards kids muz b very2 gud~! envy u~! i cant tolerate pesky kids.. hehe..

cuclainne (cuclainne),
im coping well.. becoz i have my mum 2 take care of my dotter.. being a young mum does have its pros n cons.. well of coz im still bouncing wif energy.. becoz im still young.. but there's a stigma 2 being a young mum.. when my frens found out dat i was married wif kids, they were like huh? so young already got kids ar? i mean, i noe wats in their mind.. but dun let it get to mi.. being a young mum make me realise more abt life.. life is not all abt clubbing, having funs wif frens.. after becoming a mum, life 2 mi is waking up every morning 2 see d smile on my dotter's face.. n hearing her laugh n seeing her play happily.. dats makes mi happy.. oso realise dat, no matter wat, ur family will oways be there for u.. ;p

BS S (rojakz),
i knew he was a trainee doc becoz he came in wif diz female doc.. den soon after d female doc left d delivery suite.. aniway, he looked 2 young 2 be a doc.. look more like a trainee doc.. well it doesnt matter.. he did a good job of stitching mi up..

yup, u r experiencing braxton hicks contractions.. u will start 2 experience it in d 3rd trimestester.. u will feel d tummy tightening for a few seconds.. den after dat, ur tummy will feel soft again.. in early stage not so jialat.. but when u in d later stage.. haiz.. i felt as if im carrying a bowling ball.. haha.. very hard n heavy.. n my tummy oso feel like goin 2 explode when having BH contractions..

mi oso experience discharge right from d start of my preg.. i didnt let it bother mi much becoz i knew in my 1st preg, i oso experience alot of discharge.. d discharge oso varies in colour.. sumtimes its thick whitish discharge.. sumtimes its like yelowish greeninsh dishcharge.. i wear panty liner everyday.. if d discharge desnt have any foul smell or it doesnt make u itchy down der, i guez it shouldnt be much of a prob.. hehe.. dun wori..

u noe, i pray n pray dat i will pop late next week.. not diz weekend or early next week.. hehe.. becoz i have lotsa activities planned.. goin out wif hubby diz weekend 2 a gath.. den early next week, thot of shopping for baby stuffs.. hehe.. plz plz.. dun cum out yet baby.. ;p

watie,

its not really d age of d mother dat matters wen having kids. but d behaviour of d mother wen ard d kids does. i have seen many very young mothers jus "neglect" their kids wen the mother is around wif her unmarried peers. u no wat i mean? make me wonder wat these young mothers have got them selves into.

i m speaking from d perspective of a teacher. i handle secondary school kids everyday. d repercussions of very young mothers who r not sure of their responsibilties towards their children and do not set good examples shows wen their children r in their teens.

i m not prejudice against any specific group. i jus feel dat more could be done by us as mothers.

watie,

i m glad u have set ur priorities right. Cheers!!

eliza, the husband is only caring for a reason - can't wait for me to pop so he can carry the baby around for a change! Hahahahaha! When I did the home test kit and it came out positive, the husband couldn't believe it and kept pacing back and forth in the room. When we told his mother, she thought we were pulling her leg ... hahaha. She's more or less over the initial surprise now and quite excited about her first grandchild.

Yes, very excited and a bit worried right now .. I had made up my mind to deliver naturally but at the last doctor's appointment, the baby was in a breech position (feet down) so he said that if she doesn't turn, we might have to consider other alternatives. My mom suggested going for a massage to 'turn' the baby into the right position but my husband refused cos he's worried about hurting the baby .. just hope that she'll take these few more weeks to turn herself into the right position.

I actually work at the hospital - hahahaa, if I happen to go into labour in the office I think I would be well taken care of ... hahahaha. I am entitled to B1 but I decided to upgrade to A class so that the husband can stay with me and we can have the baby in our room with us.

I am considering using the sling until she's strong enough to support her own head and then start using the stroller. I am worried that my back might start to suffer if I continue carrying her in the sling as she begins to grow and put on more weight.

BS_S, yes my EDD is 3 November but first time babies can pop out either earlier or later so I'm 'starting' leave from 16 Oct. I can still come to work if I feel like it but it gives me the flexibility of taking off any time if the baby comes sooner than expected.

I can understand about the water retention bit .. my ankles have up and left me a few months ago .. now they're just 'trunks'. Last week I was surprised to finally see them regaining back their shape but alas, good things never last and they're gone again .. ankles all swollen too. Now have to wear those padded granny sandals for comfort .. no more heels or anything covered.

Yes yes .. I've been wearing my maternity skirt almost every day now because it's more comfy. I tend to wear the maternity jeans (vain pot mah!) during weekends.

I think the discharge is quite common .. it's when it's foul-smelling, yellowish-greenish in colour, causes itchiness that you should inform your doctor. I've taken to wearing pads so I don't 'dirty' my underwear. Yes the cranberry juice definitely helps with urinary tract infection .. I had it when I was about 4-5 months into my pregnancy (really painful when I urinate) and a few days after taking the cranberry juice, it was better.

watie, my tears will flow over the smallest things .. like when I came home yesterday and found out that he left some papers on the table (when I had cleared them away), I started crying .. aiyoh! just hope that he doesn't start thinking that his wife is mental ..

ooh .. I love to go window-shopping on my own too but of course, it's better to have the husband with me .. cos then I can ask him to pay for all the goodies... hehehehhe.

you are so lucky to have your mom taking care of your child. my mom is unable to look after my daughter when she is born cos she's already looking after my hyper two-year old nephew. She's worried that my nephew might unwittingly poke the baby when she's not looking so she told me that she'd rather not take the risk and since she's not in the best of health, I decided to enroll my daughter into the infantcare at my workplace which gives me the flexibility of popping in to see her whenever I want to. Yah, my daughter not born yet but already I have registered to be on the waiting list .. don't know whether there will be a vacancy by the time she is ready to go in but keeping my fingers crossed.

when is your EDD?

hi cuclainne,

my MIL also suggested massaging d tummy if ever my baby was breeched. But my mum said NO! coz we dono where d umbilical cord is positioned. and at 3rd trimester baby is prety big oreadi so umbilical cord may get "stuck" ard d baby if baby is forced to turn ard. I wouldnt risk anything like dat!!!

watie,

i was d totally opposite of u wen i was pregnant n even now. cant be bothered if he looks at other women or contact them. i no need to be jealous or make noise. coz he knows, if he does anything notty, he will be d one at d losing end. he will lose a great deal.

i m pretty wicked rite??
happy.gif

Hi BS_S,
acc to the book on pregnancy, it stated that the white discharge is normal but not other color discharge. my friend also got discharge thru out her pregnancy. for me, I do not have and very dry down there. the only time is the yellow watery sticky a bit funny smell discharge I got during my wk 8-10 but resolved on its own. the doc said it might be an infection.

oic, next visit, I will ask the snographer liao who do growth scan. oic, yr bb weight is like the 1 packet of 1kg rice + half a kg more. hmm...dun seem to be so heavy.yup, I knew it too, doc precribed better cos the price diff. if obimin is prescribed by doc, it costs $5(the price has increased liao, last time, $4++ only). but if u buy it off the shelf, it cost $5.20 and guardian sells it at $7++ which is much more expensive. how much do you buy yr obimin then?

so far, I do not have constipation (last time use to, stools is hard and pass motion till my backside pain but since I am pregnant, I really eat a lot of fruit, veg and milk hence, I can say now I can be more aware of the healthy diet than before). I only pass motion on alternate days and the amt will be more - oops filling up the toilet bowl.... of cos, due to the consumption of the obimin, the color of stools seem diff from normal, even urine too, I drink lot of water in the office and always go toilet after 45mins - 1h later.

wow, yr bb boy really very guai guai open his legs to welcome the scanning....:p. so when is yr next appt? after my growth next mth, i will place my visit on thur liao to match with my Antental class loh. as for the name, sometimes, it depends on whether one believe those fengshui type or not and by gg to these professional fengshui, one will turn out to have the similar or dup names of the bb with others. oic, my cousin passed me the extra non-slip bath pad with support type , those that can place on the bath tub one. I only need to get a bath tub. oic, i guess for bb clothes, i dun need to buy anymore cos she given quite a lot of white string tie shirt liao just now when she visit my hse.

same same, I also having difficulties to turn over. when the alarm clock rung, I needed time to turn over to off it and have to place a cushion under my tummy for support. this morning, my ankle dunno why cannot move, it dun seem like cramp and the feeling was unbearable that the vein just tighten it till I sweat. hubby of cos straighten my legs and then while lying flat for sometimes, I felt breathless man....kept on graping for air and bb also kicking at the same time also.
it took me sometimes to get bck to normal breathing.but getting up to grasp some air is better than lying down.

haa, as tummy grow bigger, dun u think that pregnant woman look like a penguin with an elephant legs? yup, most pants can wear but cannot button liao so now I already wear dress liao. soem of my dresses also become shorter too. I think no choice but I will be wearing the maternity dress that my friend loan them to me liao. anyway, nowasday, the maternity wear are quite fashionable compare to olden times.

did u have any veins on yr thigh or legs? for me, I have a lot esp behind my thigh. so ugly.

as mentioned abt the sling, I dun think I will be using it, I think I will buy carrier when bb grow older. I saw some mummy carried their bb with the sling and the bb seem hidden inside so I am wondering is there any air circulation for bb. bb must be feeling warm inside.

will u be buying or anyone lending you the bb's 'yao lan" (rocking 'bed' but made of clothes type) got what I mean....

Hi eliza_hairi,
wow, great to know u are a teacher. so u must be a gd tolerance of noise and with high patient level than others type of person since u are dealing with children.

hmmm saw some mummy using sarong sling carrying bb and bb is not in view and hidden. thus, I am wondering bb will be warm and no air circulation man....

maybe yr gal is happy to use sarong sling cos she can be close to u mah...who know sitting on the pram is rather uncomfortable.

oh dear,
woke up diz morning 2 find brownish stain discharge on my panty~! yikes~! dun tell mi its d SHOW.. but very little.. one tiny tiny spot.. but den whole day no more discharge liao.. very very worried.. hehe.. why so early.. thot of goin shopping.. aniway, kept myself bz 2day.. managed 2 sew baby cover mattress, pillow n bolster case.. even sew d pillow n bolster myself.. hehe.. abit siao.. tink maybe its tym~!

eliza,
im buying sum baby items of d yahoo auction.. but d auction closes diz sunday.. d person dun wan 2 close auction early lor.. so have 2 wait.. plz plz dun let mi pop over d weekend.. wanna be able 2 collect d baby items early next week.. hehe..

oh ya, juz 2 share.. here's a pic of d mattress cover, pillow n bolster dat i sew.. cute hor~!

516738.jpg

Hi eliza_hairi,
I have difficulties in doing squat- not feeling comfortable with it cos I need support (grab anything within my reach to get up).

but I did walking since 5th mth onwards to my MIL's hse every sun with hubby. she lives in the same estate but diff Ave drive only. it is only 30-40 mins walk and i think it is a gd form of slow walking for me as I am a person who hardly exercise (maybe mouth exercise only).

last time, i used to go HV coffee club cos it 's kind of cosy there.now seldom go, know that Buono vista got nice and cheap food cos when I attended courses at IPAM, loves to go for the food there.

Hi Waite,
wow, u know how to sew pillow etc....nowsdays not many gals know how to do that. my mum is helping me to do the pillow etc.anyway, bb dun need to slp on pillow before 1 yr old. you are so young somemore...

from the conversation with BS_S, the decription that carrying a bowling ball seem amusing... haa, maybe carry a watermelon also. water melon also hard and heavy but not as bowling ball.

for me, I do not have discharge only those yellowish watery sticky things but not itchy down there happened during my wk 8-10 and it resolved on it own. I have asked the doc and she said it might be an infection then.

my cousin passed me a batteries operated breast pump, no instruction guide, dunno how to use man. need to read up.

Hi watie,
haa...yup, I saw the photograph of the placenta in the book, so scary and bloody. it also stated thta the weight of the placenta is 0.6kg. half of small packet of 1kg rice. I did not do any scanning every visit tough diff doc ask do I went for any scan. I told her no.

wow, u not scared of bloody thing meh.... as for yr brownish discharge, come across in the book that, brownish discharge might indicate labour is gg to due soon. yup, I knew the charges for down syndrome test, the doc did pass me the pamplet and the basic package cost $100+ already and the expensive one cost $300+. anyway, I told the doc i dun need cos I'm dun think I'm in the risk as i'm still in my twenties. anywya, you are really very young, did yr first child (gal or boy huh) always glued to u?

yup, it took years to save up esp when yr little bb came along and expense will increase. do check out the bb bonus scheme loh.

my col advise to go for every checkup esp near to the due date to check if cervix diluted already or not and if bb is ready for labour. cos sometime cervix is too weak and can't support bb and one will either induce the labour or stitch up till the labour start. the visit might be to monitor the heart beat and the health of the bb and mummy loh.

afcai (afcai),
still not aslp yet ah?? mi cannot slp lor.. at nite oways got alot of BH contractions.. sians.. very discomforting.. actually, d placenta look abit like cincau u noe.. haha.. like jelly looking.. colour oso abit d same.. dark brown in colour.. ya lor.. d down syndrome tez actuali no nid 2 go one lor.. we still so young.. hehe..

my 1st child is a gal.. sumtyms she can be like superglue.. when we are out n she's not familiar wif certain surrounding. but moz of d tyms she's not as clingy animore.. she noes how 2 mix ard very well.. d other tym i brought her 2 d library, instead of sitting wif mi, she went 2 another table where a young chinese mummy who was reading 2 her toddler dotter.. she juz shamelelezly sit down beside d little girl.. n says dat her name is jaja (her petname by d way).. hhehe.. i feel abit paiseh tho.. she's too hyper.. sumtyms i have diff handling her..

afcai (afcai),
my cuz oso pass 2 mi her breast pump.. but its d manual one.. not d battery operated one.. breast pump not cheap leh.. esp battery operated ones.. can cost more than $200 for those good ones.. mine is d pigeon brand.. d pigeon brand oso cost abt $50 bucks.. dunoe wheder gud anot..

my 1st child i didnt breastfeed at all.. so d 2nd one, i muz at least try 2 BF.. die die muz try lor.. coz i want 2 lose weight fast~! haha.. but i dun like d idea of baby latching on 2 mi.. haha.. maybe i try 2 express my milk.. but dat one oso have 2 depend oso.. coz maybe d manual breast pump suction power not as good..

good morning mummies,

i have a pigeon brand manual breast pump (watie, mine is d red/pink handle. is urs too?). used it to express milk... but after 1 or 2 tries.. i chuck it away. i bought 2 pigeon manual breast pump before delivery coz i tot want to put one at werk n one at home. now both nicely kept in my cupboard.(waste money...)

many ppl nag at me y i didnt breast fed... haiz! so fed up of having to explain.

watie,
envy nyer u no know how to sew. d last time i sew was during my homec class in secondary school.

afcai,
u nid to support ur self wen doing d squat. n its slow squatting. HV got nice food but horrible parking space yah?? keke

whenver i wear d sling, ppl always stare. maybe they tot i m a maid or sumtink.. keke. stereotyping.

haiz.. so sian. dono y i wake up so early on a saturday. haven seen my hubby in a week. feel like going to jurong point later wif my baby.

envy u mummies coz ur hubbies always wif u.

holland v is actually my mums place.she helps to take care of my baby rite now coz i dont believe in maids or babysitter. my house is actually at sembawang wif my MIL living wif us (hy hubby only child, no choice lor!) i cant get along wif her at all!!!!! so now i stay at HV coz i dont want to be a weekend mummy. only weekends go back or sumtimes not at all. n my hubby seem to care more about his mum. he would rather stay at semb and rarely visits us here in HV. like i said, he is extremely bochap abt dis. we quarrel sumtimes abt dis coz i tol him my baby nids his father too. coz rite now i m d only one parenting her. i feel like i m a single mum n my marriage has no meaning oreadi. mummies.... sometime i have come to a point where i tot about "D*v***e".

Hi waite,
A very early gd morning wkend...
haa...me clearing the forum email which i subscribe mah that 's why spl late, anywya it is fri....
for u, u also not alsp yet, so late....

hmm BH contractions pain or not....for me, at night when i am abt to turn in, my tummy will vibrate, dunno why, maybe tummy move to the extreme left when i lie down and bb is 'struggling' to balance or get bck to the postion. anywya, I always told bb that mummy is gg to slp, it's slp time so let mummy slp loh and the kicking will stop.

hmmm ever coem to an interview article that an actress - xie shushan eat her own placenta cos she said it is the most 'pu' than bird nest or other tonics.haa the way you describe the placenta look like any pig's organs mah....liver. yup, wondering, how she cooked it man...or the confinement lady cook it... will u be donating the blood cord to blood bank at KKH. think it is free for KKH patients. anyway, the thing will throw away, why not donate and then can use it to save life.

oic. so now, yr second bb is gal or boy? hopefully, for me,next mth, bb co-operate opens the legs so that can bio the gender. what is most impt is bb is healthy.wow, yr gal so interactive and open...and not afraid of stranger. at least, this shows yr gal is more active and know how to take iniative to approach others. while others are opp, some bb is so shy or afraid that they will cry.

yup, breast pump not cheap. so I also dunno am I suitable to bf successfully or not. a lot of determination, effort and tolerence are needed. mine is also pigeon brand and cost abt $50, same same.mine is a yellow color one. maybe I want to change the pump, do u know where to buy the upper part of the pump only?

Hi eliza_hairi,
same same, i also sew during my homec class in sec sch and soemtimes, my mum helped me to use the sewing machine to do that. haa..yup, think so, horrible parkng plc. haa...must it be maid then wear sling meh, some ppl has old fashion thinking mind..... yup, u are right, very danger to left bb alone with maids cos so many cases happening to maid ill-treat bb.

huh, like that, yr relationship with my hubby not so close, wow, then didn't yr hubby miss the bb? I guess both of u lack of comunication which is the most impt part in marriage. maybe for the sake of bb, both of u find a time and sit down to talk nicely, draft out the problem and resolve, the longer the problem drags, the relationship and feeling will drift apart which is not so favourable.

do you know where to buy cheap maternity diposable panties? I think will wear it during the confinement cos dun want to mess up and wash up then.

Some interesting info abt pregnancy:

What are the biggest hidden dangers for newborns?
http://www.babycenter.com/expert/baby/babysafety/9434.html?scid=momspreg:20060911:2957:19356:8870

Know the Signs of Preeclampsia
http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/pregnancy/pregcomplications/257.html?scid=mbtw_preg25:20060828:0:0:0

Severe or sudden swelling in your feet or swelling in your face and hands could be a sign of preeclampsia, a serious condition that can affect your health and your baby's. Preeclampsia is characterized by high blood pressure and protein in your urine. It most often occurs in the third trimester, but it can happen earlier so learn the warning signs now.

Diaper Rash
http://www.balmex.com/advisor/detection.jhtml;prod-minicp-sessionid=GY4PPYO31HPJMCUAQLBSJBQ

Hi everyone
wow...this thread seems to be moving fast!
happy.gif

Disposable panties
Afcai, I think you can get them from any supermarket. THey are quite cheap i think. I saw that Carrefour was selling 5-6 pcs at only $1.95. BUt i didnt buy cos' I picked up the ones for men! THen I was too lazy to go back and change it cos' I already reached the cashier counter... hahaha.. super blur right???

Placenta
I am thinking of eating my placenta leh but dun knwo who can help to make it into pills leh. Does anyone of you know? I read other threads here but the link seem outdated leh.. do I dun kind of trust it...I saw a picture of the placenta in a book also and it looked kinda disgusting but aiyah... I want to give it a try lor... hahaha

Cord Blood
Yup, most probably I want to donate my bb one cos' I think if it can help to save a life, why not lor? And from waht i read, storing it doesnt make sense also cos' it's not enough to be useful (in terms of qty) and it's only useful if you are going to have other children....
happy.gif

Back