Subsidy Patient @ KKH

Hi, Eliza_hairi,
it's me again. Have read yr delivery experience that u have shared. thks.

wow, yr bb can't wait to arrive to this world man...so fast dilated during wk 36.with induct somemore, yr cervix really dilated very fast. I guess it is a very smooth delivery for u....

may l know what is the feeling like being induced?

hmm...how come need to stitch up?bec of of cervix dilate length? painful or not? oops, sorry for being ignorant....

yup, agreed, medicial students always asked SAME qns one after another and one has to repeat. can't they co-ordinate...ai-yo....this happened when I was awarded due to bleeding in my early pregnancy.

how much is the premier package? is it considered as private patient. KKH did not offer me any package or introduce leh? is it bec of the subsuzied rate....

hope u won't mind me asking a lot of qns....cos first time mummy here, also blur blur (similar to BS_S, too anxious for the delivery....)

hie afcai,
juz 2 inform u.. stitches is becoz of episiotomy..

BS S (rojakz),
im due realy2 soon.. 28/9.. ya u r rite abt being tired.. im getting very frustrated liao of being preggie.. oways having BH contractions.. big tummy in d way.. getting tired easily.. sumore got one very hyperactive dotter hu wun stop hyper-ventilating.. hehe.. sumhow i wish can give birrth earlier..

so far @ 36weeks, i gained 11kg liao.. so much weight~! scared i cannot lose d weight later.. tink i will be taking class c.. my 1st preg, i took class c oso.. im scared of being alone.. actuali intend 2 take B2.. but got sinus.. nose very sensitif 2 aircon.. so no choice lah.. comparing B2+ n C, mite as well take C.. cheaper.. so i can spend more on baby stuffs later.. hehe..

ya, agree dat class c can be abit noisy during d day.. coz tend 2 have alot of visitors.. but i love d company.. ;p

Hi BS_S,
check this out at http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/antenatalhealth/scans/thirdtrimesterscans/

Babies move around and change position frequently throughout pregnancy. The position doesn't matter at all up until about 37 weeks. If your midwife thinks your baby is in the breech position (head up, bottom down) at this stage, you may have a scan to confirm this. Most breech babies are delivered by caesarean nowadays but if you would like to try for a vaginal birth, the scan can tell if your baby's legs are stretched out or bent, if the feet are tucked under the bottom and roughly how big it is, all of which will help you and your doctor decide the safest way to deliver.

hi afcai,

delivery package:
ur gynae will explain d delivery packages to u wen u r at 7 or 8 mth into pregnancy. i took d premier package coz i wanted my gynae to monitor n deliver me as i had preterm labour at 32 weeks. oready dilated 2 cm n was on medication to stop d dilation. my BH contraction started at 24 weeks!!

i paid a deposit of $1100 upfront for d premier package n stayed at B1 class for 1 nite only. after delivery, i was refunded $200+ by KKH. dono how they do d calculation.

Stay at hospital:
If its natural delivery and there is no complication, usually 1 nite at hospital to rest and follow up checks by gynae. if its caesarean, usually abt 2 or 3 nites to monitor d site of surgery.

glucose test:
r u a SAHMTB? if u r, ,maybe u want to schedule tests like blood or glucose on other days instead on d same day of ur appt? then don have to ping-pong from one room to another.

Diapers et al
Can I check if KKH also give subsidized patient the baby diapers, wipes etc? Cos' from what I know, they use 1 packet per bb and will give the balance to you if you are a private patient. But dun know if they will do the same if you are subsidized patient. Any MTB here know?

Deposit
As subsidized patient, do we also need to put down a deposit? Cos' I am already 28 weeks but the doctor never say anything leh. So I am wondering and I keep changing my mind whether I want to stay in C-class or upgrade to B2+ cos' worried if there's complications, then the costs will increase also... haiz... very confused now

Diapers
Eliza: may I know where you can get samples of the diapers? Cos' I do want to get but somehow dun know where.. esp for newborn sizes...

Hi Watie, wow... you gained 11kg over 36 weeks. I gained that amount at 28 weeks! I am so sad now cos' I dun really want to gain too much weight cos' I am worried about losing it after birth lor. Do you have anyone who help you look after your daughter? I think it sounds v. tough on you leh.. take care of 1 with another one due soon...

do you know if you are expecting a boy or a gal yet? did you give birth to your daughter by natural delivery or c-section? If natural, I was wondering if we can request for the doctor not to cut or not (i.e., episiotamy)?

Hi Afcai
wow.. your visit yesterday sounded quite terrible leh. Seems that you must wait so long... must be v. frustrating for you and your hubby. So your hubby took leave to go with you yest ah? So when's your next appt? I will be going on 3 Oct in the afternoon. Let me know if our dates coincide so maybe we can meet there... hahaha

So the doctor think you need to put on more weight ah? Lucky you... though the doctor never say anything about my weight, I think i better try to watch my weight gain liao. Dun want my bb to be too big... hahaha

I think the yoga class helps me to relax and cos' its specially for MTB so the exercises are to help prepare us for the birth as well. One of the exercises that I've learnt is 'Kegel'. Maybe you want to try? It's like trying to hold back your urine halfway lah. It supposedly help you to build up your muscles down there for birth...
happy.gif
But the difference is that, my yoga teacher tells us that when we do the Kegel, we must still try to breathe normally... cos' we can focus on our breathing during labour. It's really tough to do it and try to breathe normally. Must practise early!
happy.gif

hahaha... my boy is v. active lah. He is always kicking/punching me everywhere. But he is usually more active at night or during the day when I am doing my work. He also likes to play hide & seek with my hubby cos' he will keep 'quiet' when my hubby comes close.. haaha...

nowadays, he is also awake very early in the morning. Esp when I wake up to go toilet in the early mornings. their movements really become more 'obvious' to you as you progress into your pregnancy.

Hi eliza_hairi,
oic, tot why didn't they intro the whole range of package from pregnany till delivery to me. that's mean the package is for delivery only. heard from my frenz that other hospital got offers a package of $550 but does not include the scanning fees. so everytime when one went for checkup, one dun need to pay unless there is scanning.

oic, never know that there's medication to stop dilation. yr BH contraction started so early. yup, heard from my other friend of hubby that they paid $1200 and then NUH refund $500 via cheque to them....didn't the hospital bills list down the difference charges etc why the $200 is refunded? maybe this is only a refundable deposit to secure a bed in hosiptal.

of cos not a SAHMTB loh, can't afford it. no lah, glucose test include 2 blood test lah. did u take glucose tolerance test before?

Hi watie,
so doc will put painkiller before the area is cut if not it will be very painful. wondering will it be painful or difficult of passing urine or poo after the stitches due to episiotomy?

wow 28/9, my b-day loh. so is it yr first bb? hmm yr weight gain gained only a little mah...so dun need to worry so much. for me I'm in wk 25 and gaining a total of 6kg only. still got 15 wks to go.

Hi BS_S,
yup, y'day, very frustraing, hungry, tired etc....yes, hubby took a day off (claiming off usually from night shift) yesterday to accompany me for every visit till now. did yr hubby accompany u for the monthly checkup too?

my next appt is on 10/10 (tue) but too bad, not the same date as u....and I will be changing to thur after this appt cos need to match the same date as my Antental class. I dun want to make a double trip there. next wk, the course will be confirmed and I shd be able to receive those schedule etc.

haaa. I also agreed with u, hopefully the delivery is smooth, no cutting (painful after that, need time to heal) etc, just like eliza_hairi, so smooth, her cervix dilation quite fast and then bb pop out so smooth.... did u ask doc abt the yr double spilt uterus?

what I am worried is that as the due date approach, will labour be early or ....cos what to do if water bag bust, call abumlance...or....maybe the antental class will cover this.

oic, I read the what to expect when u are expecting book, there's a portion abt mentioned abt kegal, one can do it anytime, anywhere mah. yup, quite difficult to co-ordinate breathing normally at the same time, doing other thing. nowsday, got some breathing problem esp at night, I need to take a few deep breathe loh and also maybe early in the morning. dunno why....did u encounter this?

yeah yeha, my bb is also v.active too... hubby always said mummy very naughty asking bb to punch/kick her.same same, when i asked my hubby to place his hand to detect the movement, bb will not move then. haa... hubby always told bb to be 'guai guai'.....sleep cos mummy also need to sleep....

for me, it depends whether bb sleep early or late, like last night, bb sleep late so morning will wake up late then. sometimes, during wkend, i wanted to sleep a bit late after 10pm but bb kick/punch violate my tummy to wake me up till i can't sleep. maybe bb is hungry or discomfort at the position loh. anyway, it's such an interesting feeling to feel the bb's kick, at least, one know bb is safe.

ai-yo, acc to my col, she mentioned that private hospital will still charge the whatever thing they provided. they are not free. even a tissue and then u can take the whole box home since one is paying it.

which rm did u go for yr last visit? till now, I have been seeing different MO loh, not a single one repeated during each visit. what' abt u? even the rm the MO are situated will change. they do not fix to a rm.

BS S (rojakz),
im expecting a boy now.. i hoping it wld be like my 1st preg.. natural w/o epi.. during my 1st preg, was pretty ignorant.. to mi, 2 cut or not 2 cut, i oso no prob.. coz i read on d net, says dat if dun cut, skali down there will tear.. if got tear, den d stitches wun b nice.. compared 2 episiotomy.. coz its a straight cut.. if tear, may be imperfect.. err.. dunoe wheder u get wat i mean.. hehe..

im staying wif my mum rite now.. so she can handle my hyper active dotter.. i had d shock of my life 2day.. my dotter threw d home cordless phone out of d window 2day~! i live on d 10th floor~! my gudnezz.. luckily no one was hurt~! n d funny ting is, d phone was still working when i went down 2 retrieve it.. hehe.. maybe becoz it landed on d grass.. ;p

i dun tink nid 2 put a deposit @ KKH.. coz when i delivered my dotter @ KKH, i juz walk in d A&E saying dat i wanna give birth.. den my mum help mi wif d admission procedures.. i cant remember wheder dey got give pampers n baby wipes.. forget liao.. but i noe got goodie bags.. hehe.. anyway, when i deliver i will let u noe wats inside d goodie bag..

afcai (afcai),
during my 1st preg, d midwife perform d episiotomy when i was having my contractions.. no injections or watsoever 2 relieve d pain as i didnt opt for epidural.. yes, i can feel d pain when she was performing it.. but d pain from d contractions dat i was experiencing was much greater den d episiotomy.. so i didnt realize when she was done wif d episiotomy.. hehe.. 28/9 ur bdae? hehe.. i hope i dun pop on 25th sept.. coz i wana catch d SPORE idol grand final~! haha..

Hi watie,
oic, the mid-wife did not inform u that she is perform the episiotomy. she can do it without permission meh....hmm... wow, u did not opt for epidural (for me, I also pray hard, I will not use thta too) so u can ta han the pain huh? many of ym feel are unable to ta han the pain, all of them used epidural.

so do u have difficulties or feel pain when urine or poo after that? how to overcome it if u need to wash the area?

Hi watie
Subsidized patient will also get a goodie bag ah? Cool... so do share with us whats inside k? hahaha...

I heard that if you let the area tear naturally, it will heal faster than if the doctor were to cut it (episiotomy) leh. So I was wondering if it's true and whether we can opt or not... haiz...
But my only worry is that when I am in labour, I am in so much pain that I dun care liao.. hahaha

Wow.. lucky that your mom is staying with you lor. Your daughter sounds like she's v. hyper leh. Oh man, lucky that the phone still works lah.. otherwise must waste money to buy new one...
happy.gif
WIll you be sending her to any playschool? cos' i think it may be good if she can interact with kids her age and I guess she's learning things v. fast so maybe she can be stimulated if she go to playschool...
happy.gif

Hi afcai
Yup my hubby did accompany me to most visits lah. But recently I decided that if it's only a consultation, then I dun want him to follow lah. Cos' I also dun want him to waste his leave. I rather he take longer leave to accompany us after I give birth. And he agreed... so nowadays, he only come with me if I go for any scanning. At least, he can see the bb lah...
happy.gif

Talking about doctors, I know what you mean about them not being the same room at every visit. But during my last visit, I managed to see the same doctor that I saw during my last visit. And she also remembered me! hahaha... so coincidental leh. Yup, I asked about 2-3 doctors about my double uterus. But most said that it should not pose a problem during delivery... the position of the bb (breech or head down) will determine if I go through a natural or c-section lor.

I am hoping to go for natural lah... and hopefully w/o epidural also. Cos' my fren, who gave birth in May, she also chose natural w/o epi. She said it was quite ok leh... cos' towards the end you dun care liao.. hahaha.. but she was induced lah so thats why her labour quite fast. Imagine those that have marathon labour.. sure jialat one...
sad.gif

So far I only have difficulty breathing when I am lying on my back. Like the books said, the bb seems to be pressing down on my chest so thats why I feel short of breath lor. But I dun feel this at any particular time of the day leh. Maybe you want to ask the doctor?

For me, the main problem is water retention lah. My fingers and feet are swollen. Even if I put my legs up at night, they will usually swell up in the afternoon... haiz.. look so ugly leh. And my fingers look like sausages so much so that I stopped wearing my wedding ring liao.. too tight.

On Mon, I went to rm 10 and my last visit I went to rm 11 leh. I dun go to a fixed room lah. Same like you ya?

Aiyoh, sometimes the bb will kick me quite hard and at a v. sensitive place.. so this cause me to feel some discomfort leh. Usually, when this happens, my hubby will tell the bb not to bully mommy.. then he will guai guai quiet down already. .. heheh... so young start bullying the mommy liao.

wow.. lucky you.. only gained 6kg so far.. I feel like an elephant compared to you leh.
sad.gif

hie afcai (afcai),
she did inform mi when she goin 2 cut mi.. i was like "huh? isit painful?" she said she will do it when i have d next contraction.. before i knew it, it was done..;p actuali, it was quite painful.. cannot tahan.. but still muz tahan.. becoz when i arrived KKH, my contractions was already 5mins apart.. idwife said 2 late for epidural liao.. so no choice.. use d gas mask lor.. hehe..

after episiotomy, quite painful.. coz of d stitches.. cannot sit properly.. so sit sideways lor.. urine still okay.. initially i was scared of pooing.. hehe.. coz scared skali d sticthes come out if i push 2 hard.. hehhe.. but luckily KKH give sum medicine, if we have constipation we can take it.. or 2 soften our stools.. but after abt 3-4 days, d episiotomy not painful aldy liao..

BS S (rojakz),
im sending her 2 playskul next yr.. coz d earliest one can enter playskul is age 3 i guez.. ya, she is learning very fast.. i cant wait 2 give birth coz only den i am able 2 catch up wif her when i take her out.. hehe.. now i simply cannot handle her~! ;p

hi

i guess different mummies will have different pregnant n delivery experience and different preferences. i m jus sharing mine.

Hi Eliza
Yup, we are all here to share what we know and have experienced lor. After all, I am a first-time mom here and hope to learn more from like-minded ppl. AFter all, my mom is not in SG & my MIL is pretty bochap... hahaha...

So pls continue sharing with us ya?
happy.gif

Hi Watie
did the hospital give you any lotion or anything to wipe at your stitches? i heard that they are supposed to give you to apply so that the wound will heal faster right?

Are you checking out which playschool to send your daughter to? Btw, playschool is diff from nursery/kindergarden right? hahaha.. better start learning all the terms now cos' a few years down the road, it'll be my turn liao...

BS S (rojakz),
dey did give mi dif lotion.. 2 make my stitches heal faster.. but forgot d name.. hehe.. tink its like a spirit? err.. sumtin like dat.. hehe..

ya, playskul is diff frm nursery n kindergarden.. my place her got quite a few.. n oso quite Exx.. hehe.. $150 per month.. last time during our time, only got kindergaden.. den followed by nursery.. now got playskul liao.. i tink 4 u in future, got classes 4 newborns liao.. haha~!

hi BS_S,

Episiotomy:
dont worry too much abt d episiotomy. If it helps in delivering the baby faster n easier, i guess there is no issue abt having d episiotomy. Baby stuck too long in d birth canal not so good. It depends on ur midwife/gynae on how they do d episiotomy. For my case, my gynae only did d cut at my final push wen my perineum is fully stretched, dats y dont feel pain. my gynae didnt give me any lotion to put at d wound. he said just clean wif warm water enuf. most important is to keep the area dry. so i guess different midwife/gynae different.

Goody bag:
i delivered in april so mayb d goody bag is still d same now. dono abt it wen its ur turn.. maybe will b better.
happy.gif
inside it has sample diapers of different brands, travel pack baby toiletries (kodomo n johnson & johnson brand), discount coupons, lots of newsletters n reading materials about children n babies, a children storybook, nappy rash cream, a small bottle of multivitamins... dats all i can remember. heheh..

How many weeks r u now? feel baby kick oreadi? exciting rite? has bought baby stuffs?

hi BS_S,

is someone helping u to take care of d baby after u delivered? dats d MOST IMPOTANT thing n u must be sure of dat now.

Taking care of young babies:
jus want to share something i found out abt d books i read. i did alot of reading during my pregnancy. one of d books dat has helped me alot is "the happiest baby on the block"(i also have d dvd). the book tells about how to calm fussy babies age between 0-3 mths old. i tried some of d methods in d book n it helped me calm my baby fast! i have also read a book ("Baby Whisperer: How to calm, connect n communicate with your baby) on how to put ur baby on a routine so dat taking care of baby especially d first 3 mths, so much easier. i also followed some of d advices in d book n it helped me alot. n i took care of my baby alone. if u want to know more, maybe can pm me.
happy.gif

hi Eliza
I am already in my 29 weeks. I guess I have been taking it easy for the early part lah... but now as my due date draws nearer, I feel more and more anxious to know lah. And sometimes, I have worries about the bb lah.. so I pray that everything is alright and that he will turn out healthy & normal.
happy.gif
Guess every MTB goes through that lah...

Yup, my boy has been kicking very vigorously lah sometimes too enthusiastic that it causes me some discomfort.. hahaha.. but he is still in breech position so I hope that he will turn in time so that I can go for normal delivery. I dun really want to go through c-section cos' I know taht the recovery time for c-section is longer... haiz.. *keep my fingers crossed*

hmmm.. I think my mom will be coming over to help me take care of the bb for the first 2-3 months. AFter I go back to work, most prob will leave the bb with my MIL sister. She is a bbsitter & somemore our relative, so will feel more 'safe' to leave my bb with her.

Those books that you recommended, can I borrow it from the library? Cos' I usually borrow my bb books from there.. dun want to waste $$ to buy lah.. cos' after a few months, dun need them liao... hahaha...
happy.gif

wow...so are you a SAHM? how old is your bb already? boy or gal?
happy.gif

Hi BS_S,

dont worry abt d breech position. d baby will turn nearing delivery. ur EDD drawing near... exciting rite? hehehe.

u r so lucky to have ur mum helping to take care of d baby. i stay wif mil as hubby is only child. Due to my mum n mil conflict, i ended up taking care of baby alone. must cook my own confinement meal too. worst still cant leave d house for a breath of fresh air due to dos so called "pantangs".During d first two months cried everyday.Haiz...dont want to tink abt it anymore. heart pain!! but i guess its worth it coz baby very attached to me.

i tink u can find d books in d library. but u have ur mum to help u during confinement n ur mil sis to look after d baby wen u get back to werk, so i guess u dont nid d books.. hehehe!

i m a FTWM n my daughter is 5 mth old. immediately after d confinement period ended, i pack my tinks n baby's n went to stay at my mum's plc. now dat i m working, my mum helps me to take care of baby. i only go back to my hubby's house during weekends.

Hi BS_S,
oic. esp those scanning etc then gd for hubby to accompany as he can share what the scanning is abt mah. like next mth, I will be gg for my growth scan, hopefully bb will co-operate, open the legs loh so that can see the gender.

oic, that's nice of the doc cos she remember u. yup, heard that c-seciton will loss a lot of blood one....so scary. but sometimes, one no choice mah as it depended on the bb's postion and situation. same here, also hoping to go natural without epidural. hopefully, bb will co-operate and let mummy go thru the delievery smoothly, right....

yup, will ask the doc why I need to breath hard esp in the morning and night time and of cos lying on my back loh during my next visit. oic, as for the swollen part, heard that drinking more fluid will help. so far, I do not have the swelling issue. but I find my legs a bit 'fat' (not mentioning abt my waist lah, also thick). haa,, description so funny, finger like sausages.... now, even the XL or size 32 pants that my mum lent me might not be in used liao. cos can wear but unable to button. guess I needed to wear those rubber band pants which i have 3 of them and also maternity dress liao.

yup, for my visit, always rotate among the 3 rm - rm 8 - 10 loh but so far, doc are totolly diff.haa..same same, when I sleep, bb will also keep kick and even violate the tummy. I told bb that it's time to sleep, be a guai guai bb and mummy need to rest and it works, the kick stop.

did u have any stretch mark on yr tummy or veins? for me, i applied the stretch mark cream twice daily. I do not have stretch mark but lot of ugly veins on my back of legs. also lot of veins - purple, red, greenish on my legs so ugly man....

my antental class at KKH is confirmed as I received the course details from KKH on fri liao. Will be attending it on every thru (first lesson started on 21/9) and also one of the sat (7/10). so I will be gg to change my appt to thru instead after next visit. acc to the letter, it stated that it is advised to wear pants as one need to do excerise, is yr also got this type of requirement?

Hi Watie,
what's the gask mask feeling like? oic, did bleeding occur if one urine cos the wound is still there mah? how long does it take to heal?

haaa, I guess gg to children's bz )setitng up of education ctr, childcare ctr, tuition ctr etc) are to be considered to be a great business. cos so many working parents and have no time to look after the child. one cannot afford to be depend on just one income mah cos living standard so high here.

afcai (afcai),
actually its kinda smelly.. hhehe.. but it does help in easing d contractions in early stages of labour.. but in d later stages of labor, no matter how many tyms u suck, still very painful.. hehe.. well, not 2 sure if d stiches bleed when one is urinating.. coz still have d blood left behind frm delivery.. like mensus blood.. only thicker n fresher.. take about a month 2 dry up..

ya, i stopped my diploma halfway due 2 my pregnancy.. goin 2 cont in dec again after i delivery.. after dat im goin 2 get myself a job... hehe.. abit sians staying at home..

Hi Eliza
Yup i am quite excited that I am going to deliver soon. But at the same time I am quite worried lor. Although I try not to let my imagination run too wild, I cant seem to help thinking of 'wat-if's lor.. was it the same for you that time?

I tried looking for the books that you recommended at the library but cannot find them leh. Maybe I'll try the bigger library tis time... hahaha.. although my mom will be helping me, its only during the daytime. Night time is only me taking care of the bb lor. I cannot possibly ask my MIL for help cos' she works almost everyday... I am also staying with my PIL... so my mom cannot stay over lah. Anyway, no room for her... hahaha

Sorry dint mean to offend you with my questions ya? And I apologize if it means opening up your wounds..
happy.gif

Hi Afcai,
Yup, my class also required me to wear those kind of stretchable pants. so far, I have attended 2 lessons and both lessons they taught us to do some light exercises. during my 2nd lesson, the instructor taught us how to breathe during labour... quite cool lah...I just hope i remember them!
happy.gif

Oh ya, I also had a tour of the hospital last Sun. Too bad, I am not giving birth there... Saw their rooms and saw the nursery! Saw v. cute babies who were born the day before... hehehe.. i saw this bb girl who was born on the day before and she weighs 4.25kg! wow.. compared to the rest, she looked v. solid... wonder if the mom delievred her by natural or c-section...
happy.gif

I applied the stretch mark cream at night and bb cream during the day on my tummy & breasts. But I cant see if they are working or not leh. I asked my hubby and he said that he can see some red lines below my tummy... so i guess they worked to a certain extent lor but cannot totally prevent it (for my case).

Bb is also v. active these days... but I rather that he is active than not lor.. I mean, his activeness means that I know everything is alright ya? I will also tell him to quiet down and let me sleep if he is too active at night..hahha

btw, I went down to the JL sale but there wasnt much bb & mommy stuff to see leh. I went on the Sat and the queue to pay was so long that in the end we gave up! The long queue wasnt worth the savings, I feel....
happy.gif

hi BS_S,

Books:
let me just tell u d gist of calming a baby fast.
1) Swaddle d baby tight so dat d baby's frantic hand movements will not upset him/her further n cause more crying.
2) hold baby on his side / stomach.
3) make d SSSSHHH sound.
4) rock d baby gently (wen holding baby or in swing)
5) lastly, pacify baby wif pacifier or thumb

All these steps is actually to imitate d womb. wen baby feels dat he is in a familiar environment, he will calm down.

Baby whisperer:
put baby on routine- feed, then activity (1 to 1.5 hour max), then sleep.
keep to it n u will find dat baby will recognise dis pattern routine n its easier for u to understand wat baby wants wen he cries. (no nid to kip guessing y he is crying lor!)

BS_S,
dont mind me asking but where do u stay?

for my case, i didnt imagine of d "wat-ifs", in fact i was feeling pretty confident about d delivery, heheheh! didnt even attend antenatal class (didnt believe in it! pretty smuck rite?)

BUT... at d actual delivery, aiyoh!!! maybe i dilated too fast n wasnt prepared enough. during contraction, i started to scream at my hubby coz every little tink he did annoys me (he also a bit kan cheong, dono wat to do, first time mah!!). wen d contraction got worse, i even scratched him. threw the gas mask away!Even forget how to breathe!! make tinks worse too late to have epidural. so in d end, i did not use any pain relief at all.

but after fully dilated, dont feel pain anymore. jus feel like passing motion BIG TIME! means baby want to come out. so just keep on pushing.

After baby come out, wat a BIG RELIEF!! wen baby given to me, d tears jus rolled automatically... dono y leh.. maybe mother's instinct.

oh yah, now dat u r nearing delivery, keep active. do more activities like walking n squatting ( i tink d antenatal class will teach u) to help in delivery (make pelvic area more flexible). but of course, dont force urself if u cant.

so how is it being a subsidy patient so far? i m also tinking of going for subsidy for my 2nd pregnancy (not yet.. hheheheh!) coz everytime c gynae abt 5 mins only then pay abt $60++ each time. maybe not worth it. but d waiting time... haiz!!

eliza_hairi (eliza_hairi),
i do agree wif u.. after fully dilated, dun fell much pain at all. maybe our body too numb liao.. haha.. but when d baby wants 2 come out, it really does feel dat ur doin ur biz in d toilet.. hheehe.. once d baby come out, in an instance all d pain is gone~! i feel dat being a subsidy patient is better.. for ur 2nd preg dat is.. coz ur much more experience.. n as long d doc tell u dat ur baby is fine.. i guez there's nuting 2 worry.. no point having a gynae when in d end he/she cant be present during ur labour due 2 some problems.. al d money paid.. abit wasted lor.. hehe..

BS S (rojakz),
no im not studying 2 become a childcare teacher.. i cant tolerate small childrens.. if its my own children, i still can tahan.. but if other pple children throwing tantrums.. i swear i wld curse~! haha.. my tolerance level towards pesky kids is very low.. im studying diploma in biz @ jurong east BMC..

haiz.. been waiting n waiting.. cant wait 2 pop n get back in shape.. due in 28/9.. still got about 2weeks.. sians.. ;p

hi watie,

agree wif u. i have heard many experiences where d chosen gynae didnt deliver d baby wen he is supos to coz attend to other mummies! will consider going as subsidised patient so money can use to buy more baby stuff.

wahh... ur baby coming to full term very soon. u really wait for delivery signs. very patient. for me, i dont tink got patient to wait. i tink for my 2nd one will induce oso. so can determine date of birth. easier to take maternity leave.

Hi Eliza
Thanks for sharing the gists of the books with me!
happy.gif

I stay near KKH so thats why I dun mind going there lor. I mean, even though the waiting time is v. long, after each consultation, I can go back home easily lah...
happy.gif
And I'm alright with being a subsidy patient so far lah. Cos' like you say, save more $$ while I can so that I can spend more on the bb after he's born. hehehe... i am a v. money minded mom lah... cos' frankly, things are pretty tight for me & my hubby...
happy.gif

Btw, where do you stay? & when are you planning for bb #2? Sounds like you have a date in mind lioa... hhahaha

If you are considering bout being a subsidy patient, maybe you want to consider SGH? cos' i think you can request the doctor to refer you to either one. Think there is a thread somewhere about being a subsidy patient at SGH. Read that cos' SGH o&b dept is not so well-known as KKH so waiting time is not so bad lah... But the service level & charges are about the same.

Frankly, I dun think I will induce leh cos' already I am so scared... somemore induced, i think i will be worse! hahaha... but see what the doctor say lah. Cos' being a first time mom, I think i better be kiasu a bit and listen to the doctor advise. Maybe when I plan for the 2nd one then I will see how lor...after all, that time surely more experienced liao...
happy.gif

Hi Watie
Wah.. you are going to deliver real soon leh! You must be impatiently counting down the days ya?
happy.gif

hahaha.. sorry I thought that you were studying something related to children.. dun know how I reached that conclusion...
happy.gif
Your course allowed you to take a break during this period? Otherwise, will be quite diff for you ya??

ive never thot of inducing before.. i thot for those who induce its becoz d doc tells u to rite? u can choose 2 induce one meh? i have no idea.. aniway, i slowly counting down d days when im going 2 pop.. hehe...

BS S (rojakz),
my course wants a letter of proof like my EDD from d doc so dat i can stop halfway n continue later after i deliver.. aniway studying during preg is not really a good idea i guez.. coz i feel dat during preg, my brain cells like not functioning.. haha.. very forgetful..

im from d sept MTB thread.. indeed i feel left out whenver im in dat thread.. coz all d MTBs there all are not subsidized patient.. all go to those high class hosp.. dey oso dun interact much wif mi.. maybe becoz im a subsidized patient.. but personally i feel, wats d point of wasting ur money away.. when u could use all dat money 2 buy lotsa baby stuffs.. niway, i dun really update in d sept thread.. find dat sum of dem like not frenly 2 mi.. so i guez im sticking ard here till i pop~! hehe

Hi BS_S,
oic, for me, I only required to wear pants on certain day where exercises are held in certain rm. haa..maybe by then during the labour, mummy tends to panic or lost sense, she will not remember anything liao. so did hubby also did the exercise also?

wow, the weight of the bb gal u saw is really heavy man......I guess shd be delivered by c-section loh so huge bb mh.....

oic, for us, we can see what below our tummy cos tummy blocked it. maybe it is the red lines cos by the panties mah. agreed, gd to have active bb in the womb. same here, i also tell bb that mummy is gg to slp liao and it's night time, time to slp. then the kicking/punching stop liao.

oic, there's a shop intro by my cousin that it is rather cheaper that dept store selling all bb stuff. it is located at chinatown beside ppl park hawker ctr. the add is blk 34 upper cross st #03-132 loh. shop name called Cheong Choon.

have u read the new paper on 10/9 with regards an article (HOW LONG IS IT SAFE TO KEEP DEAD BABY INSIDE?) that this 25yr old mummy was stunned to hear that her much-awaited bb has suddenly died inside her womb during her 8th mth of pregnancy. this happened when she was worried that the usually active bb suddenly stopped moving in her womb so she went to KKH. the doc did a scan and find no bb's heartbeat. this mth was suppose to be her due date. the incident of stillbirth might be due to birth defect, placental problems, infections, chronic health conditions in pregnant woman or umbilical cord accidents. it occurs all age grp esp those 30 & above face more higher risks. hence, gd ctrl of hypertension and diabetes in the mother, earlier delivery early snd regular antental care help to reduce the risk of stillbirth.

so sad case....read this at http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/printfriendly/0,4139,113287,00.html

Hi watie,
oic, smelly... so did yr hubby panic too? cos my friend 's hubby also went out of delivery rm once after the bb is borned. the doc asked him is he ok. maybe hubby are more kan cheong....

watie

d other mummies in sept thread really like dat ah... i guess u r rite.. i read some threads n d mummies die die must give expensive organic food to baby (like cereal n puree). cereal like dumex n nestle like no value like dat. milk formula from msia they consider 2nd class lehh.... tok abt similac n enfalac a+ only. expensive lehh....

for my case, i go as private patient at kkh coz i dono wat to expect being pregnant n delivering baby. tot of getting an experienced gynae first. some more, cant stand long waiting time. to make tinks worse i have MS till d day i deliver.

even at other places like bank or even when going shopping, i look at the q first. if long, forget it. its in my nature la.

even as private patient, wen i tel other ppl dat i go kkh, some mummies give me funny look coz kkh like no class n alot of complaints from there. they dont know i m paying d same amount like in dos private hospitals n got good service also. :p

afcai,
mayb d hubby wen out delivery room coz he too overwhelm with baby born.(feel like crying of happiness laa... hehehe)

d gas will only help in altering ur perception of pain. not reduce pain. make u feel like in seventh heaven.... flying.... really!! coz i took i in a lot of d gas wen my gynae was stitching me up n i didnt feel any pain.

BS_S,

Thanks for ur info on SGH. d main reason i go kkh is becoz it is THE hospital dat specialises in women cases (pregnancy, delivery) and also babies n children. other hospitals will send babies wif problems back to kkh if they dont have d facilties or expertise. anyway most of d gynaes at other private hospital were from KKH oso. back to square one rite???

i live at holland v. d nearest hospi is NUH. now my baby 5 mth old, but i oready TTC since she was 2 mth old. don want waste time, age catching up anyway. have one more fast, then close shop. so far, no good news yet..
sad.gif
i will still go KKH for my 2nd baby.

Induce:
well, i have heard from other mummies dat after 37 weeks they actually chose a date to deliver C-sect or induce. For my case, after 37 weeks, my gynae ask want to wait for delivery signs or induce coz i dilated oreadi anyway (but no plug show or water bag burst). so i tell him induce la. get it done n over with. hehehehe!

but i believe it depends on case by case basis and for healthy pregnancy it has to be after 36 or 37 weeks only(baby ready to be born as baby is fully formed). if baby still below normal weight better not induce. let baby mature in womb n wait for baby to be ready to come out on his own.
happy.gif

watie,

after u pop, dont "disappear" k... log in wen u have time.

frankly speaking i joined dis portal coz i want to know other mummies. my gal frens now either married wif no kids (hi maintenance lifestyle leh..) or singles (career-minded). so sumtimes difficult to relate to them wen i have prob abt taking care of baby.

u gals must be wondering y i can post many time. looks as if i m very free. i m very free coz i REFUSE to do anywerk rite now. Got dat sian feeling!!!....hahahaahah

Hi Afcai
hahaha.. my hubby is the lazy one. While other hubbies were doing the exercises as well, he was just sitting there lookin blur. Hahaha.. most of the time he just lie down on the exercise mat trying to sleep! So paiseh.. but no choice lah, at least he is coming along with me and listening to the lessons as well...
happy.gif
Btw, I heard that the lessons at KKH are better cos' they will give you a more comprehensive set of notes. Mine is v. thin and all summarized. Think they want us to spend more $$$ and buy the books written by their consultant there. haiz...

Yup, i read teh report in the new paper and i was so shocked! it's so sad leh... haiz.. that's why I prefer to feel the bb kicking vigorously rather than no actions lor. There was one time when my bb was quiet the whole day! Make me so worried.. luckily, he started kicking again at night...
happy.gif

I heard about Cheong Choon leh but so far no time to go. And I guess I am quite lazy to go lah.. cos' that place is always v. crowded during weekends leh... and hubby dun like to shop at crowded places.. he will nag and nag and nag lah

Check with you soemthing ah, do you feel pain at your lower right side when you are walking or doing anything strenous? For me, when i try to walk for a long time, I will feel pain there. THen , do you feel sometimes that your tummy is v. tight ah?? I will feel leh... and my yoga teacher tell me taht it's cos' the bb is unhappy.. wonder if its true or not... haiz...

Hi Watie,
I think it's cos all mommies here think the same lah.. if they can afford it, why not find a doctor who will give them personalized attention lah? Cos' seeing a diff doctor everytime is actually quite not reassuring ya? But at the end of the day, from some of the posts I read here also, sometimes, paying for an expensive doctor doesnt mean that everything will go well ya?

And i think that being reassured helps to calm them down lah..
happy.gif
oh well, it's each to their own ya? I am also from the Nov thread but I rarely post there cos' I feel quite left out since I cant contribute when they talk about most things. Etc like OSCAR test (I never did), bb weight etc.. I only know my bb weight at wk 28...
happy.gif

Yes, pls come back and share your experience here so that we will knwo what to expect...
happy.gif
although I know that there is no specific doctor attending to us during labour (only midwives), will medical students be inside the labour ward also? I think I will feel v. funny if have a group of students discussing my condition.... hahaha....

HI Eliza
Ya I know what you mean abt KKH lah. thats the main reason why i am staying put there also.. ahhaha...

wow.. I dint know that you are TTC ya? All the best to you!
happy.gif
ppl already start asking me about 2nd one but i always tell them to let me deliver this one first before i decide! hahaha... lets see how lah.. cos' nowadays having a bb in S'pore is not cheap and not easy lor i feel... v. competitive society and lots of pressure...
sad.gif

my bb is slightly above average during my growth scan so I hope that he will not grow too big.. otherwise v. difficult for me.

I also joined this forum to get more info and share more ideas with other mommies. So far, among my group of friends, I am the only one PG so finding it a bit diff to talk. Can imagine it will get worse after I give birth!
sad.gif

I have the same sian feeling about work but too bad cannot slow down cos' I have lots of work to clear. My temp replacement is coming soon but now I hv this hidden fear that I will be bumped out leh.. how ah? haiz.. I hope the stress that I am feeling doesnt get passed down to my bb...

Hi BS_S.
As what u have mentioned to the conversation with Watie, I agreed that I am also like you, felt left out in the Nov thread too. I also did not do any test etc....except the normal detail scan.

how to you determine the bb weight?

oic, oops, yr hubby maybe shy lah to do. gd for hubby to tag along, he of cos must share the pregnancy experience that we woman went thru loh. tough, they can't felt the life of bb inside their body(only can feel it when they placed the hand on mommies's tummy) but hubby still need to understand and go thru the pregnancy with their loved ones. yup, I am excited to attend my first lesson next wk, finally boss approved my half day leave (after seeing big boss as my little boss also on leave that day and she said I can't, I told her I only received the KKH's letter on fri only for the confirmation of the course.hence, this is my first lesson and I dun really want to be late for class and panic etc...she then approved my half day leave and said it is a exception case only for yr condition etc....) cos need to do registration, collect course notes and search for the place.

yup, sometimes, I also felt that certain time, there is no movement in my tummy, maybe bb is asleep. congrats for u cos u are now in third trimester liao loh. my sec friend (world so small so 'qiao' that we found each other in the Home & deco under the same estate then we realised that we are sec sch friend and only living in a few block away from each other only) who is also involved in Nov thread too. her due date shd be mid or early Nov.

same same, normally, guy dun like shopping one....I asked hubby along to go for orchard sale at johnlittle, taka etc sale then he went only or else he did not mention it and dunno when we will be getting bb's stuff. he did not feel gan cheong. will u be buying bb's bath tub too, maybe I will be looking ard any provision shop or outlets (but not dept store) and getting one.

have u think of naming of bb? for me, I have not draft out but got some in mind. Need to draft out both gender name cos scanning is not 10% accurate one. but will u be gg to those fortune teller for the bb name?

for me, I felt pain on my left instead of right. dunno why when I am walking, maybe bb knocked my organs or the platenna(dunno how to spell) as bb swing left and right during the walking. yes, sometimes esp after a meal, tummy is very very hard and tight. huh, maybe, u can ask yr antental class trainer abt the tummy tightness. I will ask the doc during my next visit.

are u still consuming the obimin?

HI eliza_hairi,
Thanks for sharing the experience and also assist in helping our first time mommies's doubts. Have already have friend including my cousin who have given birth since March - Jun 06 loh. they didn't share much info lah.

same here, my hubby also think that KKH is better cos as what u mentioned that it specialise in children and woman and with many facilities that other hospital might not have. that's why when polyclinic wanted to refer us to NUH, hubby told the staff that we prefer KKH then. the consultation at NUH is much expensive by $1 than KKH. but acc to one of my col (whom I only talk when we meet at ladies) that NUH is better cos she also delivered in NUH and the nurse and doc will treat one better not unlike KKH, they seen so much of the cases so they dun really treat every patient well.

as what u have mentioned with regard on induce, wow, gd for u no plug show or else it will be messy man.... haaa u can't wait for yr arrival of yr little one.

my due date is on 18/12, hubby said tried to ta han till new year and be the first bb in 2007. wow piang, how can it be, the most I can delay is xmas day mah, right.

with regard to the gas, will there any side effect after yr delivery? is yr hubby allow in when the gyne was stitching? how long did u stay in hospital? opps, pai seh, so many qns?

so did u breadfeed(bf) yr bb? when did u start to bath during yr confinement period?

Hi BS_S,
for yr info....

acc to the book, it stated by drinking more water will help to reduce water retention. that's because the enlarging abdomen presses on the vein that returns fluids back to the heart. Fluids then pool in the legs. also these factor that affect swelling are:

- heat
- Standing for long periods of time
- "Long" days of activity
- Diet low in potassium
- High level of caffeine consumption
- High level of sodium intake

some info for Water Retention
http://www.mothernature.com/Library/Bookshelf/Books/16/262.cfm

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/pregnancyswelling.html

i mean its not dat i dun like pple like these.. but sumtyms i do wonder.. r dey being themselves or not.. dey like comparing hu spend more on their medical bill, baby items n so on.. i oso cant help wondering wheder dey r looking down on pple like me.. subsidy patient.. ya lor.. to dem cheap baby milk n food like very fatal like dat.. haha.. dey surprise mi sumtyms.. aniway, i cant be bothered 2 much lah.. its not my loss aniway..

afcai,
during my 1st child, my mum wif mi.. not hubby.. she stayed beside mi d whole deliver process.. so i dunoe how hubby will react when he has 2 b inside d delvery suite 4 d 2nd child.. hehe.. ya, sumtyms those mummies frm sept thread tok abt check ups dat i never heard before.. sumtimes i oso wonder.. wheder their gynae purposely make them go 4 diz check up.. seems pretty ex 2 mi.. d oso did cervix check up.. i never did dat before.. dunoe why dey every check up die die muz go n check one.. haha..

BS S (rojakz),
haha. ur rite.. sumtimes these mummies r over zealous.. dey can tok abt baby weight forever.. i mean, as long as d doc says ur baby is doing fine.. no nid 2 worry rite.. reading their thread oso sumtyms makes mi laugh.. hehe.. no offence.. but then i guez all 1st time mum all like dat.. very kan cheong..

Back