Subsidy Patient @ KKH

Hi Afcai,
Yup, I received your PM regarding the nanny. Now discussing with hubby whether want to hire one or not. Cos' must also see our budget lah. We are saving cos' we want to be able to spend more on the bb once he's born thats why....
happy.gif

Although I had MS during the first 3 months, I also had quite a good appetite leh... esp at night. Cos' I was feeling hungry most of the time... hahaha.. unlike now lah. Eat a bit only will feel full cos' bb is pressing on the stomach. So got good and bad lah. Even my sis was worried that I will put on too much weight! I hope that this month I manage to control my weight gain well leh... Cos' I feel that I have been eating a LOT this month...
sad.gif

Lucky you only put on so little... Maybe cos' your tummy still look small that's why ppl never notice that you r PG and never give up the seat to you ya? As for me, I get ppl staring at me also nowdays. And a lot of uncle & aunties like to give me 'advices'.. hahaha.. but the most common one is to take care lah. I mean, luckily, they are not v. pushy or annoying lah, so I can still take it.

I want to buy a small mattress to put the bb on teh floor cos' I know that if I put him high up, I will be worried for his safety. Some more mattress, easy to keep lah. My sis also lets her kids sleep on the mattress on the floor in her room. So i think i will follow her.

I heard of the brand Pureen leh. Some MTBs in the Nov thread were talking abt diaper cream and it was mentioned. Think you can give it a try lah. Cos' after all, it's free ya? I also agree that for some things that can save, we should save ya? Cos' we will have lots of chances to spend on the bb in the future... hahaha

Ya.. my boss is still single lah. So that's why i feel that he is a bit 'unsympathetic' lor. we'll see how lah.. I have no confidence in the employment laws here... all v. pro employer.

Have you managed to feel the bb kicking yet? You must be excited ya?
happy.gif
Do let me know if you are going down to the Taka fair and manage to find a good bargain ya? Cos' I want to go down & see but at the same time feel lazy... hehehe

Hi BS_S,
maybe other alternative is to look for infant centre and drop yr bb there. but cost will be still the same $1000+ and can deduct income tax from there.

oic, luckily, at night, I sleep like soundly dun really feel hungry but only feel urge to pee. not only bb is pressing on stomach but also pressing onto the bladder to cause mummy to pee regularly.

haa ppls staring at u, did u feel like an alien diff from the rest then? oops.... same here, col, frenz also share experience and diff advice. yup, the most common advice is to walk slowly and be careful.

yup, it is very dangerous to place bb on bed. he might wrigger down(depend on active of diff bb). yup, I have bought the Pureen brand for the nappy cream and a small milk bottle loh.

ai-yo, no wonder, single man dun understand woman issue. yup, I feel bubble feeling since when I was wk 18 (3wk ago). now, bb is much active in the noon unlike last time, bb is active at night. 2 days ago when I was on course, I can feel bb 's bubbles feeling almost all the afternoon. haa maybe bb wanted me to wake up during my course as I was very sleepy then. hubby finally feel the popping of my tummy when I asked him to place his hand in my left tummy.

yesterday, hubby and I went to taka fair. we only browse ard cos I need to ask my cousin what bb stuff she will be packing for me so that i won't buy any duplicates of it. anyway, taka fair end at 27/8 (sun). am not sure if I wanted to buy the breast pump which cost $26.80(cheapest) - $502.6 (shd be auto one). but won't be buying it now cos not sure whether I'm suitable for bf. also dunno whether shd I buy sterilization set which cost $38-$160. the most simple sterilization set can contain 2 milk bottles only cost $38. while the full set which consists of 3 milk bottles, baby food warmer etc cost $129. the avent brand pacifier cost $9.75 for 2 pacifiers.

might be buying either washable breast pad (1pck - price:$16.50) or disposable pad (2 bk- price:$7-$18), changing mat (if cousin did not give me) - which cost $6.90- $14, mittens & bootees ($1.90 - $10.90), receiving blanket (if cousin did not give me) and stroller (saw a automatic stroller easily to open/close type for $139). as for bb clothes, will only buy after my growth scan in oct at bugis (queens st blk 269 - shen Kweong trading).

I have a taka maternity and baby checklist here with me. feel to ask me the price of any bb products.

Hi deardar,
welcome welcome. same same we are here to see gyne at clinic. mine EDD is 18 Dec.

saw yr posting at the Dec 2006 thread. OGT is a test for Glucose test, have u done or do you require to do it?

Hi Deardar
Welcome!
happy.gif
Feel free to join us... we are all here to share our experiences as a subsidy patient at KKH. When is your next visit? Have you gone for your detailed scan yet? So is you bb a boy or a gal?
happy.gif

Hi Afcai
I think it'll be better for you to buy disposable breast pads lah. If not, you will have to wash them...v. troublesome leh. IN fact, I was thinking of buying from some of the mommies in this forum who want to sell their leftovers. I heard that breast pads is necessary otherwise it'll be embarrassing when we 'leak'... hahah

are the clothes at shen kweong trading cheap? I am thinking of getting a few leh. My sis will be passing me some but still feel like shopping leh...hehehe... some more all those clothes look so cute!! cannot resist leh...

I just received a $50 Suntec voucher from my colleagues so I was thinking of using it to buy a bb sterilizer leh. I think I will buy the Pigeon brand lah. It's been around for so long so I think it shld be reliable. some more its cheaper than the Avent brand.. haha

Nowadays when I see myself, I think my tummy look so obvious! Ppl nowadays also ask me whether boy or gal... hahaha... Check with you something.. has anyone ever asked you whether you are considering to have more kids or not? hahaha... nowadays, ppl will ask me whether I want to have more kids or not. usually, I will tell them that I want to give birth to this one first before thinking about the next one... hahaha

Do you feel more tired easily these days? I read that we are supposed to be more active in the 2nd trimester leh... but somehow, I dun feel it.. haiz... I sleep at about 10++ usually... otherwise, the next day I will feel very very tired.

Hi BS_S,
hmmm I never see those washable breast pads before. hubby also said that disposable better dun need to be so troublesome. just like cloth diaper and disposable diaper.wondering is there pad size or not or just free size. yup, can ask also since they might not be using the breast pad mah.

acc to my cousin and one of the ppls in the forum can the price is reasonable but not so much design and color only. half of dozen bb clothes cost $8. yup, I also pass by my plc there selling bb clothes (think it is for 1 yr old), all very cute, 3 for $10.

my cousin also is passing me some of her bb 's front tie short sleeve shirt , mitten, bootie, cap , changing mat and receiving blanket so that I dun need to buy duplicates. she will be passing me other if her bb can't wear anymore.

she told me she did not buy any newborn bb clothes. she bought those clothes suitable for 0-6mths bb so anytime bb also can wear.

wow, so fast receiving the voucher. u can use it at kiddy place at suntec city. u need to compare the pricing of the pigeon brand sterlizer with that of the one in taka fair loh. anyway, u got the voucher to exchange so it is still cheaper.

that's the usual qns ppls will ask the mummy with regard whether bb is boy or gal. my col also ask me, i told her sonographer can only pressume but can't confirm if bb is boy or gal. maybe during the growth scan in oct, then will know. yeah yeah, that's the standard answer, i will answer too.

same same, acc to book and infor at internet, 2nd trimester shd be a honeymoon period but however it dun seem to be. I only sleep at 1100+ twice during wkend cos I got to clear email etc. or else I will be sleeping before 11pm after drinking my HL milk.

so did u sleep on yr left or right side? if I sleep on ,my right side or flat, I will havign difficulties in breathing. did u encounter this? check it out the best sleep position during pregnancy at http://www.babycenter.com/expert/pregnancy/pregnancysleep/7608.html

Hi BS_S,
I also saw deardar involved in dec forum thread. her bb is a boy. so envy...her due date is only 2 days after mine.

haa maybe hope to be a xmas bb if due date delay. but hubby said can ask bb to wait till 2007 - new yr day then be the first bb....

Hi,
do check it out Child safety at home - Baby Cots, Sarong Cradles, High Chairs, Baby Walkers, Strollers etc

http://www.kkh.com.sg/ChildSafety/SafetyatHome/

other Useful links at the website (click the above link to get in):
Car Safety | Child Safety Centre | Real Life Injuries | Hazards
Childhood Injuries | Children's Emergency I Objects In The Ear I Swallowed Objects I Preparing Your Child For Healthcare Experiences

Hi BS_S,
I will be signing up the bf workshops at http://www.breastfeeding.org.sg/indexeventscorner.html (recently, they organised the 'events' at tampines cc only as shown in the news) cos I know nothing abt that. I have sent email ask them to contact me liao (as stated that if one need to sign up, please call 6337 0508 (please leave your name and number on the answering machine and they will contact you as soon as possible) or email to [email protected]).

so are u interested too cos anyway, it is near yr place only.

Hi Afcai,
thanks for the links on the child safety at home. its quite informative.. hehehe

I dun think I will be attending teh talk by the breastfeeding society leh. Cos' I checked out the link that you gave me and I realized that the timing clash with my yoga class leh. My yoga class is from 1.30pm to 2.30pm so v. difficult to rush down. So maybe I'll give it a miss lah. Some more, next month onwards, I am attending the pre-natal class at TMC..
happy.gif
Are you going to attend? Maybe should ask your hubby along so that he will know what to do when you experience problems ya?? hahaha

Your cousin just give birth ah? No wonder she is passing down her bb stuff to you? hehehe... i also go around asking my friend for hand-me downs cos' I dun want to spend too much esp since bb grow v. fast at this stage... heheh

Wah.. you can still drink HL milk before sleeping ah? For me, I cannot leh cos' otherwise I confirmed will get up in the middle of the night to pee one.. then after that, I will have problem sleeping... haiz...

I cannot believe how time flies leh.. i am now about 25 weeks along and about 3++ months time, I will be holding my bb in my arms. haiz... but as my due date approches, I also feel more worried leh. I have a lot of 'what if's questions leh. Do you feel the same?

Dun worry about boy or gal ya? Cos' whether boy or gal, they are our children and in fact, I think gals are more fillial to parents leh. AT least they will take care of parents in their old age...
happy.gif

How are you feeling these days? Any discomfort? For me, I tend to feel pain at my lower back when I sit down too long and pain my legs when I stand up too long.. hahaha.. so must make sure that dun stand up or sit down too long...

Hi BS_S,
yup, u are welcome. go to know some of the inform.

till now, the bf society did not reply me. think I will sign up for the Antenal course (or both couple) at KKH during wkday on fri.will call them up on Mon. hmm why u dun sign up kkh Antenal class instead go to TMC? cos being the KKH patient, it is cheaper to attend Antenal class at KKH.

my friend told me need to ask the gyne whether we are suitable to bf or not cos gyne will know by looking at the nipple. I think I will note that and ask if the gyne I encountered is a lady. so far, only my first visit, the gyne is a male.

yup, my cousin give birth during march this yr. her bb is gg to be 5mth soon and most of the clothes are unable to wear. she did not buy new born bb clothes, only buy those clothes range fr 0-6mths.

yup, I have been getting up during the night to pee a few times. if I slp late some time of the wkdays abt 12-1am then only get up 1 time to pee.

yup, u are in third trimster loh and the urge to pee is more. same same, what is worry is the bf thing and what to do when labour approach and then no one at home. will u be taking early maternity leave? for me, i dun. I will check with my HR a lot of qns if hospitalised leave can used instead and then start my ML after discharge. are u able to claim anything during yr ML? for me, i can claim $15 per week during my ML.

yup, some boys/guy will listen to their wife after they married. anyway, one still has to deliver even yr desired sex of bb is not what u want. try for another one another time loh. hope to balance it with 1 boy and 1 gal.

for me, e will be in third trimster next wk- 6mths. I wear one of the maternity dress to my D n D on fri and 1 auntie did give up (pull me to her seat) seat for me to sit when she saw me coming in the mrt train.

yup, did feel uncomfortable when seated/stand for long time. I also remind myself not to sloach my back (dunno why like that maybe bec of the tummy so tend to lean forward) when walking.I need to lift up my shoulder and chin during walking.

so did u buy anything at taka fair? me gg to the fair this sat again.

Hi Afcai,
I am not attending the antenatal class at KKH cos' they dun have classes during the weekend. My hubby work 5.5 days a week so he can only make it on Sat afternoon or Sun lor. So that's why although TMC is more ex, I still chose it cos' at least my hubby can come with me on Sun.

Wow... how come you sleep so late on weekdays? usually, I will be asleep by 11pm one...heheh.. cannot tahan lah... So far, I hardly wake up to pee one (crossing my fingers lah)... hehehe... lucky lor

How are you coping with the warm weather these days? I hope it will be cooler during our confinement otherwise I think I will be in trouble! I am already feeling so hot and bothered that I dun really want to do much things leh. Walk a bit only sweat... brush teeth also sweat.. haiz... some more it's not helping that our body temp is also getting higher now... haiz.. too bad my house got no aircon...
sad.gif

Dun think I will be going to the Taka fair liao.. cos' someone offered to give me a breast pump and my sis will be giving me her sterilizer... hehehe... so I got most of my stuff liao.. but I went to Baby Hypermart & BB Kingdom last weekend... saw lots of nice pram and bb seat.. too many that I dun know what to buy.. have you bought your pram/stroller yet? i saw a few that was nice but too bad its so ex... haiz.. can only look and touch but cannot buy leh...

Now i am searching the yahoo auctions for bb car seat.. haiz.. cos' we have weekend car and tats why need car seat lor.. Now i also have to look for PJs and breastfeeding tops liao... I stopped buying maternity tops liao cos' I dun want to spend anymore $$.. heehe

Hi BS_S,
yup, KKH staff also told me sat Antental class full on sat loh when I called them. oic, it is gd that hubby came along cos he will also be more prepare as the due date is nearer and hubby will not be at loss/panic of what to do.

for me, only sleep late only 2 of the weekdays only laah. same , will usually turn in by 11pm after drinking the HL milk. ppls advised me not to drink cold so I have to warm it up. wow so gd, u seems like a sound sleep, hardy get out to pee during night.

guess this pass mth will be warm liao since seldom rain. for these days, I only on the fan. usually, hubby will switch on the fan and turn to one side cos I will feel cold and then put on the blanket but now can't help, the fan need to set to rotate mode. only once or twice per mth, we switched on the air-con only. did u switch on fan or air-con 9oic, u did not install air-con) when u sleep nowsdays? same here, stand for long also sweat. I am more prone to cold than heat but now opp liao, afraid of heat now.

wow, so nice, got sterilizer, at least u can save a bit cos it is quite expensive. the cheapest steriliser which can only place 2 bottle cost $38 at taka fair. I will be gg to taka fair this sun and might be buying the breastpad, maybe milk bottles (see how much is the cost first) and see what to buy then. where is the Baby Hypermart & BB Kingdom located? my hubby's sister is gg to give us the stroller as gift.so no need to buy. then she said next time, she can use also. what is pram huh? same same, I even saw bb 's stroller at taka fair cost as much as $1000+ - $2000, wow, that's really expensive.but one thing is it is made of steel and extremely light. but come to think of that, if the stroller too light, won't it to be stable when pushing the bb? the stroller might toppled down.

my friend told me no need to buy so many thing, later on, frenz and relatives will might give u bb stuff esp clothes. for me, we dun have car so dun need to buy. bb car seat also quite expensive from $69 onwards. oic, luckily for me, i dun need to buy maternity tops, hubby's friend passed to me after she has given 2 sons (one last yr and one this yr) so she won't be using it then.

I'm also searching for cheap mattress. any recommendation? hubby said can get cheap mattress at pasa malam. my friend told me not to cos it will be too hot and not thick for bb to sleep. also the mattress might sink.

in 2 wk time, I will be gg for my glucose tolerance test liao. it might be due to food taken before hand that 's why urine pass out during my routine test might detect sugar.

for me, ppls said my tummy is low. this week, I can felt bb moving to my extreme left cos when I used my finger to poke my tummy, it is very hard while on my right side, it is bouncy and soft. the shape of tummy is pretty obvious tiltered to one side only. then it turned again when it is turned for me to sleep. did u have this feeling?

also, did u feel that yr legs got more flesh than usual esp the portion in betw the thigh and ankle? dunno swollen or fat? seems quite heavy, need to lift up when I wear pant.

so how's yr yoga class? gd or not?

HI Afcai
My bb also seems to kick more towards my left side leh. But so far I dun have teh feeling that the tummy is tilted to one side leh. Maybe when I sleep lah... but not when I stand up leh. Maybe you want to ask the doctor when you next see him?

hahaha.. i feel FAT everywhere... it's worse these days cos' I think I have water retention at my feet even though I sleep with a pillow underneath my feet leh. So, some days, my feet look really swollen leh and i usually dun realise leh. Do you have teh same experience? For example, yesterday, my feet was really swollen but I didnt feel anything until I saw that my sandal straps left very deep impressions on my feet. I was shocked leh...
sad.gif

Btw, I think if you dun mind, sterilizer you can get 2nd hand one ya? My sis say that you can clean the sterilizer with vinegar. Tat's how she cleaned hers all these years (she has used hers for about 5-6years liao). Or else, Sheng Siong got sell one, Lucky Baby, brand at about $60 (i think). Another thing, some mtb in the Nov '06 thread say that it's better not to buy those that need to put in microwave one. they say its not good for bb although its cheap.

I am also looking to for bb matress. I think your friend may be right leh.. better not to buy from Pasar Malam. I think I will buy one thats meant for bb to sleep on. Better lah cos' in the long run I also save more cos' I wont need to buy replacemets. BB Kingdom & BB Hypermart is at Kaki Bukit area (they are a few units apart). But their things are not really that cheap I feel. Just that it's convenient that there's so many bb products under one roof.

So are you signing up for the KKH antenatal class? Which day are you attending? Better if your hubby can go with you ya? I agree taht nowadays I feel more hotter leh. Hair also need to tie up liao... otherwise it'll stick to my neck... haiz...

hie hie~!

actually, ive stopped goin 4 my appt at KKH liao lor.. coz doc say i nid not do scanning.. coz everything is normal.. den if go, only see doc.. see doc oso less den 5min one.. but stil muz pay consultation fees.. dey oso never say much unlez we ask dem.. during my 1st preg, i oso stopped goin 4 my appt when i reach 8mth.. coz i aldy noe d baby head is down.. so i need not worry lor.. ya lor.. sumtym i oso very angry.. when i take train, nobody offer seat 2 mi one~! im oways cursing.. "dey cannot see i preggie isit~!" haha.. but i lucky, i take train frm boon lay.. oways got seat one.. if im going back 2 boonlay, surely no seat~! dat tym i stood frm raffles all d way 2 jurong east, i nearly fainted~! hehe

now i juz stay at home lor.. i oso go jurong point everyday.. do sum shopping 4 baby stuffs or 2 juz window shop.. its my only form of exercise~! hehe.. luckily i live juz beside jurong point.. my hubby oso doesnt earn dat much.. so i pretty much bought a lot of baby items in d marketplace.. got alot of bargain.. cheaper den buying outside.. furthermore, i oso get 2 mit other mummies.. hehe.. i dun really buy newborn clothes.. in d marketplace, got alot of pple selling giftsets.. so i bougt alot of it.. abt 4 giftsets.. all under d cost of $45.. so i guez it shld be enuf at d moment.. hehe..

u noe, my dotter now 2yr, have been slpin on a mattress i bought at a pasar mlm until now.. so i personally feel it doesnt make much diff is u chose 2 buy those baby mattress or d pasar mlm type.. but i feel dat baby will outgrown of d size very quickly.. GIANT oso got sell alot of mattress..

Hi waite,
welcome to this thread. yup, it is true, see doc less than 5 mins(sometimes even less than 3 mins) still need to pay.... dun u need to go for yr routine check up for urine , weight and blood pressure test meh? did u request not to go or u just dun go?

yup, nowsdays dunno ppls not only inconsiderate but also dun have the 'li lang jing shen' attitude. some even pretend to close the eyes and read books.

yup, agreed buying at neighbourhood shop is cheaper than gg to shopping ctr. any recommended where to buy bb 's stuffs at neighbourhood shop?

wow, friend told me not to buy mattress at pasar mlm cos mattress there not gd and one when slp will be warm and sink in. yup, agreed, bb outgrown by fast....

H BS_S,
oic. tot u mentioned b4 that yr bb is in right side cos u got 2 uterus. for me, during my wk 18, bb kick right side and then from wk 19 onwards, the kicking feeling is on left side. one will find the tummy 'drop' to one side whenone slp towards it. my friend told me when she is 8th or so, she need to adjust bck her tummy when she woke up or tummy will be out of shape.

same here, me also think I got water retention cos got a lot of fresh on my legs. but so far, feet no problem esp soem cramp and also can't move. oic, sheng siong got sell bb stuff meh? maybe will drop by nearest sheng siong at ten mile jnct to take a look next time. anyway, I dun buy sterliser first, maybe ppls will give my voucher then go and buy. dunno whether still need to sterlise milk bottle if bb is older or not? yup, too much of microwave heatign stuff is not gd.

hmm as what waite(also my col said too) has mentioned that it is cheaper to get bb's stuff from neighbourhood shop than shopping ctr as bb will outgrown very fast. so u dun intend to buy bb's cot too? hubby said buy the mattress from pasar malam loh no diff. I told him that not so gd cos one will feel warm when slp for long. wow, BB Kingdom & BB Hypermart so far, dun think I will be dropping by.

yup, i received the receipt fr KKH that they have processed the payment for the Antenatal class liao. will be attending it every thru from 21/9 onwards upon confirmation. they will confirm 1 wk before the class commerence cos they need at least 8 couple to start a class. it is advisable and good to ask hubby along.

even sitting on sofa watching tv will sweat. but will feel cold when i step into my office in the morning and after lunch, will be warm and will not wear my jacket then.

there's johnlittle and robinson bb fair this weekend till 3 sept. robinson is having up to 20% opn bb's stuff. will go down and take a look this sun noon.

y'day, I went to suntec with my friend (the one who delievered during April), we went for dinner and chit chat and then shop ard. I went to mothercare and toy rus. mothercare is havign 15% on bb clothes but still expensive. think i prefer to buy it at neighbourhood shop.

my friend told me that need to ask the nurse or gyne that one is suitable for bf. when they see the nipple then they will know it. anyway, nurse will tell mummy after delievey if she is suitable to bf loh. acc to my friend/col, the first 2 days , there is no milk so still need to buy small tins of milk power.

so how's yr TMC classes?

Just for some infor,
some mild swelling sometimes occured during the pregnancy, esp in the ankles and feet. It's called edema, and it happens because changes in the blood chemistry cause fluid to shift into the tissue and because the enlarging uterus puts pressure on the veins returning blood from the lower half of your body, slowing circulation in your legs. Edema is often worse at the end of the day and in the summer. the body will eliminate the extra fluid after one has the baby (which is why you may urinate often and sweat a lot for a few days after delivery). In the meantime, put your feet up when you can, stretch out your legs when one sit, avoid sitting still for long periods, exercise regularly to increase circulation, and wear support stockings (put them on first thing in the morning). One may be tempted to skimp on liquids, but one need to drink plenty of water, because keeping hydrated actually helps prevent swelling. If one notice severe or sudden swelling in your hands and face, be sure to call the midwife or doctor because it may be a sign of a serious condition called preeclampsia.

Hi Watie
How come ppl dun give up their seats to you leh? Is it because your tummy is quite small so thats why ppl dun realise? It happens to me sometimes so that's why sometimes when I go out, I wear clothes that are slightly tight-fitting to show off my bulge. hahaha...

Since you have stopped seeing the doctor, are you going to stop all the way until you deliver? But if I were you I think I will still go back for check-ups to get assurance from the doctor that everything is alright... hehehe... I am feeling a bit kiasu lah...

I havent shopped much for bb clothing cos' my sis is going to hand me down some. But I bought 1-2 pieces on my own but I took Afcai advise and bought those meant for 0-6months. That way teh bb can wear until he/she is 6months.

Is your bb a boy or a gal? That means you will be delivering sometime next month right? Are you feeling excited as teh date draws nearer?
happy.gif

Hi Afcai
Yup, I have 2 uterus but surprisingly hor, my tummy dun seem to tilt to any particular side leh. it just seems round & even... hahaha. Or maybe when I get up in the morning, I am too tired to notice so the tummy just adjust back to it's own usual pattern.
happy.gif

I think it's best if you can sterilize teh milk bottles esp if bb is using them, no matter how old he is. Cos' the hot water will kill the bacterias and if we dun do that, teh bacterias will cause the bb to have tummy upset leh. Maybe you check out the Sheng Shiong one first ya? And if you dun like it, you can always do what our parents did - sterilize teh bottles by putting them in boiling water.
happy.gif

So is your hubby going to the class with you? Good to get him to go lah. At least you will have company. I havent attended the TMC class. My first class is next Sun. Will share with you what I learn from there!

I dun really intend to buy a bb matress from Pasr Malam cos' I dun know where got Pasar Malam these days. Maybe I will go check out other places and share with you how much it cost ok? I am not buying a cot cos' my place is too small to put (I am staying with my parents in law)

How do you know about all these sales ah? I am like a blur sotong leh.. dun really know taht these places got bb sales.. hehehe... But I dun like to go to Orchard during weekends leh... very crowded and nowadays weather so hot so I prefer to stay at home... hehhee... i am one lazy mommy.

Hmm... so I must ask the doctor ah whether I can bf or not? Wah.. then must wait until I get a female doctor leh.. else v. paiseh to let a male doctor check...
sad.gif

hi mummies,

i m oready a mum to a 4+ mth old BB. jus 1 to share my tots...

BB clothes:
beta get those for 0-6 mths. coz even though the size says up to 6 mth, usually can fit baby comfortably up to 3 or 4 mths only due to baby's rapid weight gain. so jus get a few pieces coz BB will outgrow it very fast. my BB is going to 5 mth but she can wear clothes meant for 1 yr old. seems dat BB clothes nowadyas come in smaller cutting dont u tink?

BF:
i dont tink u nid to ask d nurse or gynae if u r fit to bf. i believe all mummies can breastfeed unless there is really chronic reason to it like illnesses. if u have inverted nipples, can use a nipple extractor or nipple cover. i read so much about breastfeeding but unfortunately only manage to breastfeed my baby for 1 mth only. so sad...
sad.gif

hi mummies,

i dont know how u mums can endure d long waiting time. wen i was pregnant, i was a private patient at kkh. c my gynae at clinic B. d waiting time was terrible, made worse if d gynae need to attend to deliveries. i asked to c my gynae at AMK clinic. oso same. wen i was 6 mth pregnant onwards, decided to c my gynae at TPS. waiting time was so much beta.

can i ask, to be a subsidy patient, u nid to go polyclinic for referral rite?

hi eliza, that is what I did, i go to the polyclinic to get referral so that you pay cheaper fees at kkh, about 50% subsidy, trade off is the waiting time at each stop...

hi marie,

have u delivered? if not, r u taking up the subsidised delivery package (B2+, C class)? i m asking ard for info. wen i delivered my 1st child when for premier delivery package, only ur chosen gynae n staff nurse attend to u during delivery. coz i was told that subsidised patients will have medical officer attend to them.

Hi Eliza & Marie
Welcome to this thread!
happy.gif

Eliza, you mean the b2+ class is also considered subsidized? Right now I am v. confused cos' all along I thought that only the C class is for the subsidy patients. I will be going for my checkup this coming Monday so I was thinking of asking them properly.

Actually, from what I read from KKH website, unless you take their packages, you will have the MO attending to you...
sad.gif

Hi BS_S,
with regard to the qns on b2 class, it is consider subsidized cos I was at B2 class when I admitted for observation during April for bleeding.

the staff who registered me for my first appt at KKh did not mention any package to me.

not sure why yr tummy dun tilt to one side.maybe yr other uterus prevent it since it has been 'divided' into 2 portion. even I lie down also the tummy also tilted. haa...bb will then maybe 'struggle' to adjust back to the postion as bb already slide down liao.

hmm as for the sterilize of milk bottle, will ask ard the experience one...but by right, every feed are required to sterilise. yup, since, for the first 3 mth, will bf bb so maybe some relatives or col will give vouchers then can use it and buy the steriliser loh.

on sun, hubby and I went to robinson and Johnlittle. wow, though they are the same company but things at robinson is more expensive than Johnlittle. for eg, avent pacificer at robinson cost $11.60 but it cost $10.60 at johnlittle. there is 20% discount for both. we bought a red n blue play pen. it comes with free mosquito net, 3 little bears hanging on a platform type (one of them got music when press), changing diaper holder. Will only need to buy a small bb mattress to put into the play pen cos the 'bed' provided is quite hard.next time, I can use this bed as play pen by removing the upper portion of the bed only.

oic, you are staying with yr in laws. so any conflict so far? to me, there's no freedom/privacy mah... my west areas (Jurong point, Bukit Batok, Clementi) here on and off got pasar malam one so I'm not worried.only intend to buy the mattress - 1 for my mum and another small one for bb to put into the play pen.

with regard to the sale thing, I browse and read daily Straits Times loh esp thur (supermarket advert for NTUC and Shop n save then compare prices, see what 's offer and go there and buy) and Fri & sat one (lot of sales and also advert on giant and cold storage supermart). I only go town areas to shop when I wanted to buy something or for gathering only or else won't be gg there.

acc to my friend that, at the time after delievery, the nurse or gyne will tell u if the mummy suitable for bf or not by looking at the nipple. I think I will ask when the due date approach only.

good, of cos, will ask my hubby along when I attended the Antental class next mth. thks in advance for sharing.

haa same here, will wear dress when I travel MRT so that ppls will notice. if wear pants or shorts, no one will notice loh.

hi mummies,

Sterilising of bottles:
i tink its good to sterilise milk bottles n especially d nipples. after sterilising, u nid to be careful of how u handle d bottles n nipples. no point sterilising n then, after dat, handle d bottles n nipples with unclean hands. once, i wasnt diligent with sterilising d bottles n nipples n my baby suffered throat infection.

Subsidised class:
as long as u can pay d ward charges fully by medisave ( no need deposit), dats class is subsidised rite? i dont tink B2 is subsidised. its B2+.

Hi eliza,
B2 is under subsidised cos I was warded during April and ward charges are fully paid by medisave.

Something to know during confinement....

The purpose of the month-long confinement period is to nurture the mother's health back to its pre-natal state. The emphasis is on keeping the body warm and driving out fong (wind) which has entered the mother's body during childbirth. or else, it is believed one will get rheumatism, headaches and backaches during old age.

Too much cooling food such as leafy vegetables and melons is believed to produce wind, muscle cramps and rheumatism. . thus, even fruits and veggie also need to be selective.However, excessive heating food such as beef, spices, brandy, and some local fruits like durian causes yuet hei (hot air). The symptoms of this ailment are dry throat and lips.Old ginger, sesame oil and rice wine reinforce the heating elements of food. That is why the confinement diet uses an excessive amount of these three ingredients.

During confinement, one cannot drink plain water but instead drink tea made of red dates cos it will cause water retention and make the veins swell.

acc being advice, eat those nutrients food as much as one can or else once confinement is over, it is difficult to replenish what it lost. Also, nine days after birth, one cannot take a bath at all. one will clean by sponging oneself with a towel rinsed in hot boiled water.then after that, one will bath with water boiled with ginger and lemon grass.This is supposed to prevent wind from entering the body during the bath. it is also not advisable to add cold water to the brew because tap water could produce wind. but on 13 days then can wash the hair cos wind will penetrate the head. one can buy those dry shampoo - coarse white powder rubbed into the scalp, then brushed off - helped ain ridding the smell and oiliness.

It is important for the new mother to rest during her confinement. So one was not allowed to do anything strenuous. Even carrying my baby for too long was considered an over-exertion.Sitting up too much may produce backaches in the later years. Activities that require too much concentration for the eyes such as watching television and reading are also discouraged. The bottom line is that every part of the body needs to rest, except the mouth.

so better be safe than sorry.

Hi BS_S,
there's a baby fair sales at OG. Playpen (brand baby max) cost only $69.90 (usual price:$129). wow, too bad, i already bought the similar one at $89 liao but diff brand (minblue). check it out at Straits Times -> Home page today.

Hi Afcai
Sorry but I've been pretty bz these days... so that's why no reply. I am busy interviewing my replacement during my leave so usually have to stay back after work to finish my normal stuff.

Oic... so you read the Straits Times everyday. I dun read it and usually read the New Paper instead.. hahaha.. cos' whenever i buy the ST i usually dun read finish so feel v. wasteful lor. If you do see any cheap bargains for diapers, let me know k? Cos' I am on the lookout for it lah. Now must stock-up liao cos' I think it is v. expensive lor.

So far no conflicts with my in-laws lah. But my hubby and I dated for about 9 years before we got married last year. So more or less I got to know my in-laws liao lah. Not strangers anymore...hahaha... Are you staying with your in-laws also?

Wow.. you so fast bought a baby cot liao ah? Do they deliver? Aiyah.. I can believe teh price difference between the Robinsons and JL lah. Cos'I think the Robinsons is trying to potray themself as a more upmarket brand so thats why everything is slightly more ex lor. I read from the Nov thread that OG will be having a sale too. Are you intendning to go?

Oh ya, one mom actually advised me to buy a small milk bottle - those 2oz one so that you can let your bb use it to drink water. Esp if you intend to feed her FM. She say that FM usually is more salty than the BM so must dilute it lor.

The B2 ward that you stay issit no aircon one? Cos' I was seeing the brochure from KKH about their accomodation types that it seems that b2+ is only 5 bedded & with air-con while B2 is 6 bedded w/o aircon. I think I will ask them properly on Monday lah. I feel v. confused now.

hehee... if B2 & B2+ is considered as subsidy then I might consider staying in b2+ cos' I also worried about feeling warm leh.

so are you intending to follow the confinement tradition? I dun know yet whether I will or not leh. Cos' after all, S'pore is a v. humid country and if really dun bathe or wash hair, it will be v. unhygeniec leh.. haiz...

Will share more with you on Monday when I come back from the class and my check-up.

hie hie~!

i have found out abt d diff types of class @ KKH..

B2+ (five-bedded) - $1500/-
Facilities avail:
air-conditioned, attached bathroom, public telephone, common television @ waiting lounge

B2 (six-bedded) - $1080/-
Facilities avail:
Common shower & bathroom, public telephone, common television @ waiting lounge

C (six-bedded, open ward) - $880/-
Common shower & bathroom, public telephone, common television @ waiting lounge

All d classes above are subsidised.. hope d info is useful 2 u ladies.. take care~!

;p

Hi watie,
KKH website also post the diff charges of class ward but some of the infor might not be correct if one notice it.

Thanks for the infor anyway.

Hi BS_S,
oic. it's ok. dun over stress take yr time to reply.

haaa cos my job so called required to read the news update daily in order to catch the those news esp politics (haaa I think it shd be KPO news cos I love to read Newspaper).

no problem will share and post the cheap cheap bargains here. acc to my cousin, she told me it is cheaper to buy diapers from chinese medical hall than supermarkets. anyway, will definely do some survey before my purchase mah. so what brand of diapers do u intend u let yr bb use? many of them are using dryper cos it is cheap mah. my friend told me to buy cheap brand for the first mth cos bb tend to pee and poo regular. the cheaper brand is NTUC housebrand cost $10.90 for 50( if i didn't remember wrongly). but my other col told me better not cos one never know the skin sensitvie of bb.

haa.. for me, every week, I do market-survey by reading the straits times advertisement (on Thur & fri) for cheap sales in supermarket so that I can see where I can do my marketing over the weekend.

wow, as for the dating issues, it 's really surprised that you and yr hubby pak tor so long. for me, we dated for 5 yrs before ROM in 2003, applied for flat at end of 2003 thru balloting, got the keys in March 2004, finish our flat reno in Jun 2004, look out for wedding shows since 2003 and attend it, preparing for marriage (booking of wedding venue -> started to sign up for bridal package begining of 2005) and go thru the wedding cermony in Nov 2005. after that go NZ for our honeymoon in mid Feb - Early march 2006. haa... now, preparing the arrival of bb..... my hubby older than me by 2 yrs old, what 's abt yr hubby?

we did not stay with in laws, I prefer to stay on my own cos I think that many of the habits that the parents have are not similar to ours.

I did not buy baby cot, only play pen with bed attach type, for first 3 mths, let bb sleep there and then will put the play pen in mum's plc after my maternity leave. as for the single mattress that I am gg to buy for my mum when she is doing confinement at my hse, I will let bb slp when i bring back during fri and overwk after my maternity leave.

the play pen is 15kg and hubby carry it and took mrt loh.of cos, the staff tied the string in such a way that it is conventient for hubby to carry it. ai-yo, we are so regret to buy the play pen so early cos the play pen (simliar type but diff brand) sells only $69.90.

Istan is having BB fair from sat (2/9 till 22/9).

yup, if bb is bf, she/he will not need to drink water cos bf milk got water liao. anyway, I have a small bottle (brand: pureen).

yup, the B2 ward which I stay during april 06 does not have air-con and is 6 beds type, only individual fans for each bed. the toilets and bathing rm are shared. for me, I will choose only B2 cos the price for A class is quite expensive and different greatly. anyway, one can deduct the charges from medisave. I think I will only use warm water to wipe myself for 1 weeks and afterthat, will bath and wash hair (maybe only 1 wk twice or thrice).

no problem, thks, nice to share inform with u too.

hie,
d info i got is not from d webbie.. i went 2 ask at d counter myself.. coz i noe webbie sumtyms oso not updated..

oh ya, d above post is for normal delivery only..

Hi Watie
Thanks for sharing the cost of the ward with us. Which one do you intend to stay at? Your due date is approaching right? You must be feeling quite tired ya? Caring for a toddler and now expecting the 2nd one...
happy.gif

HI Afcai
I think it's alright to get the cheaper diapers for the daytime. But it's better to get the better brand like Pampers for night time lah. That way, bb can sleep longer through the night and we wont have to wake up so often ya? hahaha... i am intending to get drypers for day and maybe for the first month, get Pampers for night lor.

Cos I heard from my sis that newborns actually can be trained to sleep through the night one. She will be coming over in Nov to teach me how so I will share with you then k? hahaha.. and I think I kinda agree with her methods cos' after all she has been through 3 kids liao...
happy.gif

Wow.. you went to NZ for your honeymoon ah? Which part did you go to? How long was your honeymoon there? I stayed in Wellington before for a few months and I loved the place!! I wish I can go back there again.. hahaha.... My hubby is actually 1 yr older than me and we didnt manage to go anywhere for honeymoon cos' he didnt have enough leave at athat time lah...
sad.gif

and i think that the antenatal class that I attended today was only so-so lah. Cos' I have read quite a few pregnancy books and I think that the instructor was just summarising everything for me. No new info leh... haiz.. hopefully the next few lessons are better.. and I guess cos' I also take pre-natal yoga, so some of the exercises that was taught was v. similar to what I hv learnt. But hopefully, your class is better...
happy.gif

And she mentioned that its actually better for us to bathe during confinement esp since we will be bfeeding. Better for ourselves and bb lor.. otherwise, we may spread some of the bacterias to the bb.

Just to check with you ah.. are you going to give your mom some $$ for helping you take care of the bb? Do you know what is the market rate to give if ask relative to take care? I am not quite sure leh..

Hi BS_S,
yup, agreed with u cos my col also said that pamper brand (less thicker) much better and recommended to use in the night. oic. seems drpers is the top seller though my friend said the quality is thick and it easy to leak.

oic, so nice of yr sis, gd for u and thank u in advance.

for me, we went north and south part of NZ. it took us 20 days to travel cos we dun wan to waste the airplane $$ as it is expensive.since we are there, we traveled 75% of it. We went Auckland-> routora, waitamo, took ferry from picton travel to katorua(a fishing village, famous for seafood), wellington, chrischurch (not much time to shop, but there's a $2 chips, eat till so full), queenstown, fox glacier, dunelin (see NZ only castle),etc.. (other plcs too, forgot liao, need to check my did-up wedding then I remember) however, when we are in wellington, we went to visit the botanic gdn by cable car. but sad to say that shopping mall were closed cos when we arrived there, it was wkend. but place there is nice and windy..... went to their big supermart loh....we stayed at kinggate hotel, our rm (corner one) is facing the seaview. wow...so breezing and quite. but first day there, hot water spolilt so need to boil water to bath. we highlighted the problem to the hotel staff and they wanted to change our rm but we rejected cos the next available rm given to us looks dirty and smelly. luckily, they fixed it the next day or else we intended to go swimming pool toilet for bath.

anyway, the overall trip were so enjoyable as NZ is a nice, peaceful and stressless plc to live in. the time when we went, NZ currency is much higher compare to now. the NZ currancy is equal to sg now.

maybe, the first antental class lesson is like that. first lesson is always boring. is there a lot of couple attending the class? how big is yr class size? so u went yoga class alone?

yup, haaa body so sticky and smelly and wondering bb will stand it during the bf time. of cos, will need to give her $$ to buy groccery, food etc.... I also not sure what is the market rate to give for relative when do the confinement. my friend give her mum $700 for taking care of the bb.

tomolo, I will be gg for my glucose test loh and hopefully, everything is ok.

hi mummies,

Diapers:
my recommendation is mamypoko. better than pampers in terms of absorbency (last longer especially thru d nite). mamypoko has newborn size with special cutting for newborn umbilical cord.

hi eliza, no, I haven't delivered, in fact, i am only in my 2nd month. was actually advised by my gp to go polyclinic first to get the recommendation to the hospital, they said it is cheaper this way. however, considering that medical student may be involved as well as seeing different doctors during my visits to the hospital and delivery, may consider to take a premier package. feel more cared for, rather than 'usher like a sheep'... is it true that you are better cared for when you take up the premier package for your 1st child?

Hi Marie
Yup, this may be true cos' during my visit yesterday, there was a trainee doctor in the room! hahaha... It felt kind of weird, cos' already I am seeing so many different doctors during each visit and now just for a general consultation, there's 2 doctors in the room. Can see that the doctor was also feeling awkward when she had to answer some of my questions..
happy.gif

But if $$ is a factor for you, like it is for me, then being a subsidy patient allows you to save quite a bit. Each visit cost me about $27, consultation only & exclusing medicine. The scan & tests are also more worth it.

But if you can afford to splurge a little, i agree that you should take their packages.
happy.gif

Hi Eliza
Are you using mamypoko now? Can it last through the night for your bb? And do you use it for both night & day time? Do share with us cos we are all blur blur here... hahaha

hi marie,

if u take d premier package, in d delivery room, its only ur hubby, a senior nurse who will assist delivery and ur chosen gynae who will deliver d baby. if this is ur first pregnancy n delivery at least u no u r in good hands. for first pregnancy n delivery, i believe an experienced gynae's expertise is important, coz being first time mum we dono wat to expect. n i find dat after delivery, privacy n peace is important as u recuperate immediately after delivery. dats y i chose d 4-bedded ward. Further more, u will also heve priority bed booking. i have been warded in C class n find it too too noisy. n u also have to bear in mind after care after d delivery.

let me jus tell u briefly my delivery experience:
i delivered in kkh. my gynae was Dr Han How Chuan. mine was induced labour coz at 36 weeks i oready dilated 3 cm. at 37 weeks induced. on 10 april, 8 am went to assigned ward. nurse check n found dat baby engaged oredy. so at 10 am went to delivery suite. Dr Han came n burst water bag. i guess its due to his expertise i didnt experience any pain at all wen he burst d water bag. injected wif oxytocin to induce labour. wif dr han instruction, nurse step up dosage for oxytocin. can u imagine i dilated from 4 cm to 10 cm in 1 hr!!!!! i almost "died"!! hehehe! but tink back, i should really thank him coz delivery was fast. he came in to do episitomy (dont feel pain... n i m NOT on epidural!!) n baby delivered at 2 pm. he stitch me up n abt 30 mins later i was wheeled back to ward.

wen u r in labour, u really don want medical students to be there n hawk ard u as if u r some kind of exhibit. n u really dont feel like having to keep updating d different medical officers dat come in check on u.

but to each is his own, if u have d finances, then i suggest u take d package dat will give u d most comfortable experience to deliver ur precious one.

Hi Afcai
How was your glucose test? I almost had a scare yesterday when I saw the + sign on the urine test result. I thought I also had to go for the glucose test. But doctor say that only if there's ++ or more pluses then it's something to be concerned about.

But I am quite sad cos' I gained 2.7kg last month... and when I went for the growth scan, the nurse said that my bb is medium sized and in breech position. Hope that he will turn in time cos' I dun really want to go for c-section leh.

My pre-natal class is quite big leh.. saw about 15-20 couples and it was quite squeezy cos' we had to move our lesson to a diff place. Got pillars that block the instructor some more... haiz... My yoga class on the other hand is quite cosy, only about 5 mommies attending...
happy.gif

Btw, you intending to go down to expo to attend the JL sale? Let me know if there's any good bargains ya?
happy.gif

hi BS_S,

i have use many different brands of diapers n found mamy poko d best. texture is soft (not papery) n tape is velcro, not dos sticky tape type dat may stick to baby skin (ouch!)Definitely can last through d nite. really worth money spend. drawbacks: dont have indicators to show if time to change n abit thick.

if u want to try a really really soft cloth like diaper, can try NEPIA. (its really soft!!) but only suitable for day use. ntuc only sell from large onwards. small size for newborn can only be found at seiyu bugis.

some of d other brands i tried:

drypers: dono y its a top seller in singapore
huggies: red packaging is better than blue. but red packagin is very expensive.
huggies ultra: not worth d price

some things u nid to take note of wen choosing diapers:
1) absorbency
2) d sidetapes: many brands r sticky tape type. i had a bad experience wif it for my baby. n some brands have tapes dat r hard dat mayb uncomfortable for baby. so check d display samples first before buying.

just to share,
at kkh, they use pampers premium newborn, milk formula is enfalac a+ and wet wipes is pigeon brand.

Hi eliza_hairi,
my col also mentioned that mammy poko is the best. but however, it is the most expensive brand mah....

though it can last through out the night, won't bb still cry bec of discomfortable meh?

what is the diff bet huggies red packet and blue one.

hmm do kkh charge to one's bill when they use the wet wipes, milk formula and pampers on yr bb (maybe on the first 2 day)? how long do one need to stay in hospital after delivery? thks.

Hi BS_S,
this morning, I went KKH for my glucose test, wow piang, the nurse gave me a very very sweet drink (I think it is an 'overdose' kind of glucose drink). she mentioned that some ppls will vomit after that and if that occur do come bck. but b4 the drink, blood is drawn and then I was asked to come bck in 2 hrs time for another blood test.

so after the 2nd blood test, my appt with doc is at 1050am. I waited till 1135pm and find it unusual that the number already skip to 1100++ liao and my no is not called. I was a bit frustrated and asked the Indian nurse in charge of rm 10. guess what she told me, she did not call me bec I were doing the glucose test and the result was not out yet. wow piang, come on, at least, u flashed my number on the display and informed me mah, dun need to ask me to wait (till when) and moreover, I told her immediately after the GTT (finish at 1040am) , I already waited outside the rm liao and even did not dare to go to toilet and have my meal even I were very hungry.

then she asked me if I wanted to see doc or not, I told her of cos and asked her when will the GTT result come out. then she immediately called my name and then hubby accompanied me in to see the lady doc at rm 10. I think she 's an eurasian, she spoke chinese though she look dark like indian. she checked if my GTT result was out then and told me the same thing that it was not out and I can go for my meal etc...I repeated the same thing which I explain to the Indian nurse again that I knew that I can eat/drink or go toilet after the test but the fact was that my appt is 1050am and I can't possiblity go for my makan at that pt of time. hai....I also requested her for a medical leave and obimin. the doc told me to come bck at 1330pm (ai-yo, in my mind, I think who will see doc at 1330pm, isn't the earliest appt is at 1400pm). anyway, I come back ard 1340pm and the nurse saw me and told me that doc was held out by somethg and was not back (guess by lunch men...) and also asked me to go back first and not to waste my time since the result was not out yet. so I told her to give me a call when the result was out. In the end, I left the hospital at 1500pm mah.....(from 0815am - 1500pm). she passed me the MC and prescription of the obimin by another doc upon request (I requested another bottle fr the nurse again cos doc only gave me 1 mth supply and can't tahan till my next appt).

hai...what a day.... at abt 1545pm, the nurse called me to inform me that my GTT is good and normal. as for my routine test for urine, I told the nurse, I have GTT this morning and asked if urine tst is required. she told me it is needed. I told her surely got a lot of sugar one and she said it was ok. the result for the urine test shows 4+. wow, the highest rating...last time, 2+ only.

same same, this time I gained 2.7kg too. last time, 3kg...wow....but doc told me I still need to eat more cos my tummy is still small and I'm dun look fat (acc to my weight).
yup, beech position not gd, how many wk are u this wk? maybe, it is still early for bb to turn, maybe u asked doc roughly when bb will turn ard. I also prefer natural smooth delivery cos c-section more diff to heal (took 3 mths to heal) though it is not so painful as there is painkiller to substain it.

wow, yr antental class so many couples. for us, acc to KKH website, it stated that max couples is only 12.oic, wow, so little mommy attending the yoga only...does the yoga help u in relaxtion?

did u feel bb kicking more often these days? for me, y'day dunno why, when I turned in to sleep, my whole tummy vibrated, dunno what bb is doing inside my tummy, kick here and that. haaa maybe, when I slp on my left, my tummy is titled so bb slide down and bb might want to 'climb' up so bb kept on 'struggling up my tummy but failed. that's what I told my hubby....I also asked him to feel the vibration too. this morning , I also felt the floating like kick on my tummy men....

no lah, expo so far, dun intended to go....

Back