Stretch marks

would you be bothered if you have stretch marks?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

gracebel

Hi, would like to ask if there are any good products for stretch mark creams or the things i should look out for when buying products that are applied on skin that might harm the baby...? also, when should i start applying it? actually i dont know if i should even bother because stretch marks are so common... but who would not want it to be gone right?

Hi Gracebel,

I gave birth 4 months ago, caesarean.
I started putting on stretch mark cream (i bought Palmers Cocoa Butter Stretch Mark Cream) when i was in my 3rd month pregnancy. I didnt have any stretch mark until i was around 6 to 7 months. The stretch marks i had was fine at first.
After giving birth, i had some bulging stretch marks on my lower part of tummy, & its painful. I couldnt apply the cream during my confinement period bcos of csect wound.
After 2 weeks, i called a masseur over & had a goooood massage for 7 days. She will massage my whole body and focus on my tummy. Did that continously for 7 days, on the 8th day, the bulging stretch marks subside.
Today, i still do have some stretch marks but its super fine..
I guess with a healthy diet during confinement and frequent massage on the stretch marks area helps alot.

Some say it’s genetic and even if your put cream it wouldn’t help much! But I still try anyway. I tried clarins (it’s quite drying for me and not a fan, but many people like this), biolane (free of a lot of nasties and absorbs fast) and elancyl (absorbs fast and most moisturizing).

Alternatively, I would recommend Bio oil as it works well for me. My skin feels softer and stretch mark lesser after using it. I previously tried Palmers Cocoa Butter Stretch Mark Cream since I pregnant second month but it didn’t help in preventing stretch marks for me. Since then, i’ve changed to Bio oil and it feels very different and feel good everytime after application. Hope you try it and like it same as me.

Hi Gracebel, here's a little trick my wife used to do. She used this product, Organic New Lifestyle - Barrier Cream, which is an organic nappy rash cream used for my baby's bottom. It's so light and gentle for babies, that she decided to try it on her own stretch marks, and guess what, it worked tremendously well! Both for baby and herself and its also organic. So no need to buy 2 products. Just 1 product will do.

Hope this helps.

You can find them on this website:
https://www.organicnewlifestyle.com

Stretch Marks are very common during pregnancy. But what the best thing is, you can prevent your skin from these stretch marks.
The Spoiled Mama is one of the best companies that made 100% non-toxic organic ingredients. Pregnant women should use these products in their special days of life.

Last edited:
I also had stretch marks on my belly, and it was looking so ugly because it was too prominent. Then I used to start bio-oil along with stretch marks removing cream and really I got a good result. In fact, only a few marks remain, if you want to get the result in weeks must try this. 2nd thing is to keep your skin hydrated drink water and take food to enrich of minerals and vitamins.

Last edited:
Hi,
Anyone ever use Clarins Body Partner Stretch Mark Expert ? I just bought it but then i read in someone's blog it contains licorice root that not safe for pregnancy.

For stretch mark I've used Dermalmd Stretch Mark Serum twice per day and after showers through 2 pregnancies during which I gained 55-60 lbs each time and I still have ZERO stretch marks in the areas where it was applied. I absolutely recommend this product.

For stretch mark I've used Dermalmd Stretch Mark Serum twice per day and after showers through 2 pregnancies during which I gained 55-60 lbs each time and I still have ZERO stretch marks in the areas where it was applied. I absolutely recommend this product.
Thank you so much!!

Hi can share where did you it from? Thanks

Back