Stress out

rainedeer

My due date is late oct. By tat time I believe my elder boy will get use to full day child care. I stay near my mum n she's helping my sis to look after her baby. For months of observations, both me n my sis feel tat my mum is suitable to look after kids. I'm on really tight budget n I can't hire maid. I really dun know who to help me take care of my newborn. Very very vex... I'm very unhappy wit my mum n the way she insist her way of anyhow take care of baby. Dun know what should I do

My due date is late oct. By tat time I believe my elder boy will get use to full day child care. I stay near my mum n she's helping my sis to look after her baby. For months of observations, both me n my sis feel tat my mum is suitable to look after kids. I'm on really tight budget n I can't hire maid. I really dun know who to help me take care of my newborn. Very very vex... I'm very unhappy wit my mum n the way she insist her way of anyhow take care of baby. Dun know what should I do
Hi there,
Sorry to hear about your frustration with your mum. I am actually in a similar situation. We just had our first baby in may and shes 3 months old now. We found both our mothers inexperienced with babycare and my own mother also insists on weird stuff which created alot of conflict between us. We have since placed baby in infant care as there is no other option. Maybe u can explore day time nanny? Or any of ur relatives who can charge u a nominal fee due to your tight budget? Is ur work flexible to work on a part time basis?

Goodluck and stay calm:)

Thanks for your reply. Yes my work time is flexible. I'm having headache on hiring confinement lady cos all so expensive. No other relatives staying near me. Dun know y the older am I the more I dislike my parents mouth talk abt helpful but actions is otherwise

@rainedeer , Actually my mum also the same and I just learned how to let it go and closed my eyes. I imported my mum to help me taking care of me n baby but in the end it was me taking care of her. I need to buy groceries or tabao food for her everyday. She only help me to bath baby. Other than that I did it on my own until I tired and effect my milk supply. Then I start to work already, I ask her about my boi feeding schedule etc, she did not give any definitive answer. Even sometime the way how she make milk also not correct. I told her she did not really bother about it. Since I still need to go to work and it is too expensive for me to send my boi to ifc, I just close my eyes as long as my baby is healthy. Let my mum do in her own way. I think those elderly raised children quite different from those new mummy now.

Back