St James' Church Kindergarten

Hi Mummies

Has anyone planning to send their kids for their PN in 2009? Heard that they have managed to bid a new land along Dempsey Road and will able to built a new building to house PN classes.

Hi Joyce

I plan to send my dd to St James next year, but they are full for 2008 and 2009, will have to be on waiting list.

Hi Silvery

How old is yr DD? Yah the 2008 and 2008 are full. Heard they are planning to open up new class for PN if they managed to get a good price for the land that they have bid.

Any idea what is yr waiting list quenue no. Mine was no. 21 for 2009 PN

hi Joyce,
I am here! You know the results of the tender bid liao? is it out?

I m on waiting list for PN morning session 2009 but manage to get a placement for N1 in 2010. 1st session too
happy.gif

Hi PiYo

so nice to have you there.

Spoken to Amy, their admininstrator. She said they are get the tender and now discussing the price of the land. Have to call end of 2007 to find out more when they are more concrete. Btw what is yr quenue no. for PN huh?

1st session very early leh. My DD still in the daze at 8.15am. Not sure if her sleeping pattern will change when she turn 3YO.

Hi Joyce

Will be going down to submit tomorrow, cos we all just got back from states after more than 2 years stay. So where are you staying, how are you going to ferry your child there and back? My DS is born in 2005

Hi Silvery

Wow. welcome back to our hometown.

We stay at Telok Blangah Area. We plan to let the school bus to ferry my DD to and forth.

Look like lots of future parents going to send their kids to this kindi. Where are the ex and existing?

Anyone know how are their chinese curriculum? Heard that they teach very little chinese writing. Only focus more on how to recognise chinese character.

Silvery

haha, me also book for 2010 cuz long waiting list. Apparently Piyo and I DD are attending N1 in 2010 and it is a confirmed places. Both of our PN in 2009 are on waiting list.

Vanny
Yes they have bus services.Some are in coaches and vans. Their buses are printed with SCJK.

hello mummies

Am so happy to find this thread. I am also keen to send my son to sjck in JKT. Hence I would like to find out more about the school curriculum and all.

How about Julia Gabriel?

Hi Piyo and Joyce

Just went today to sign up, for my DD she is on wait list for 2008 (42) as for 2009 (PM wait list 5) crossing my fingers hope she will have a slot for 2008... so meanwhile where will you guys send your kids to? I did thought of Pat's schoolhouse, JG, etc but really dunno where to start from if SCJK is FULL

Silvery,

which year is she born? At least the waiting list for the PM is 5. Currently my DD is attending playnest at Julia Gabriel. Initially I plan of putting her at Pat's School Hse - Baby Haven (Halifax Rd) when she turn 18mths. Just think there will be a high tendency she kena virus, so putting on hold. Anyway have registered at Baby Haven 1st in case I changed my mind.

Piyo
Megan will be attending 1st session @ SCJK. Would not be too early cuz start at 8.15am. How about the PN? Are you opting for 1st session too. Mine was session 2.

Hi Joyce

My DD is born in the year 2005. Will go down to Pats sch house to take a look..Hows JG? haha.. me also thinking to register with another sch besides SCJK incase no slot or changed of mind.

Hi Silvery

Yah!! have to find alternatives cuz SCJK is always full. For JG, it is not really a place for kindi. They are mainly 'playing'. Their chiltern house (CH) is related to them. They do have kindi and their strength is on social interaction thru speech and drama.

Hi all mums,

can see the 'cult' following to SJCK. *v* my ds is currently in their K2 program. I was lucky to get him a place whn they shifted fm the leedon site to harding rd. else wld also hv to be on waitlist i guess.

ds started with SJCK fm N2 n I must say I got no complains with the sch. Teachers v. v. caring and i always see happy kids. We also get to join them for their excursions to help out so can really witness for urself how well org things are.

Teachers are v. open and I hv no problems getting info / updates on how ds is doing in sch.

Hi Smurf16,

Wow...finally we have you share your views. That is good news that you are happy with the school. Btw how are their chinese lessons conducted? Do they have chinese writing?

Hi, saw this thread and decided to join in. Can anyone can shed light on how much is the emphasis on religion at SJCK as I'm a non-Christian and thinking of sending my daughter there.

hi mommies,
i see lots of following for SjCK wonder if we can share both the positive and negative experiences/ feedback here?

many thanks.

Hi RTCP

Are you waitlisted for PN or N1?

Yes, I'm also curious to hear feedback from parents of current or former SJCK students. There seems to be a lot of hype about it but it's hard to find proper reviews from actual parents. Hopefully someone will reply to your post!
happy.gif

It's a crappy school !! My girl is in there Now n I am now regretting putting her there in the 1st place. No big deal about this school !!

My girl just fell in the school playground n cut her head which bled a lot. She's only 2.5 years old. N I'm appalled at the way the school handled the whole situation n is not taking measures to prevent an accident like this from happening again.

Back