SMH Scrapbooking Club !!!!

JChew
Bt Panjang to my place ar.. i think only MRT den change to NE LRT liao. i also not very sure.

Ming
Bring along la. My elder girl can create chaos together with urs.

Hi ladies

I bot my Krylon spray from ScrapbookingCove. But looks like I can't find it now. I saw it at Spotlight too. Bot it a year back but haven't found the need to use it.

JTS

another 2 layouts which i manage to come up, using the LT Nov Kit.

2257530.jpg

2257531.jpg

as usual, details on my blog again

thanks ladies with all the encouragements. Halfway thru' I did entertained the thots of giving up.

Annissa, so coincidental...I took some pix of my gals having medicine...wanting to scrap on it too esp the recently 3 weeks of missing schools and enrichment classes.

Can i ask for the mini album, for the base you all use cardstock ? it will be hard enough ? And plain cardstock before adding pattern paper or using pattern cardstocks ?

BabyRainbowz
If you use cardstock as a base and then stick the PP on it, it should be hard enough... depends on what's the thickness that you want. For me, I use 2 heavier weight PP and stick them back to back.

babyrainbow,
there is no hard and fast rule really. if u want a thicker-feel, then u can buy chipboard and then cover the chipboard with paper (cardstock, patterned etc.) If you don't need it to be very hard, then normal cardstock is fine.. but it also depends on what u want to use as embellishments. if your embellies are thick heavy chipboards, then the weight of the paper may not sustain. but if light weight stuff, then ok bah.

Most of the ladies here just use cardstock. Some glue the cardstock back-to-back, that will help to make it thicker and harder. Hope this helps!

BabyRainbowz...here is a few items which I used heavier or thicker patterned paper back to back:
http://www.slide.com/r/1yNy8rdB5j-RP-Iaj4qz3xUNktwI5fMR?previous_view=mscd_embedded_url&view=original

http://www.slide.com/r/APoNcFhRrT9knKoBc36hzNcalkkGaKg2?previous_view=mscd_embedded_url&view=original

As mentioned by Autumn, really depends on the "future" handling of the album.

My album for MR#4, I've backed every page with cardstock cause some of the paper is thin or light and I've added a pc of transparency on the front n back covers to "protect" them from getting dirty.

<u>K&amp;CO Journal Book private class at LP.</u>
I've "reserved" 2 Apr, 2-5pm
Still waiting for cost fee and detail confirmation.

Confirmed:
1) Annissa
2) Ginny
3) Ming
4) Vivian

Coming? dont have you email
5) Annie (brownbox)
6) Michelle (tinkertote)
7) Kaimon's friend
8)

Hua_jing....you can see at LP.

Need to clarify, I'm arranging this private class cause I think will be nice to scrap with people you know and can be more fun working with people you are familiar with. I DO NOT MAKE ANYTHING of this other than the fun together.

This class focus on technique and metal embossing which I've posted the link in earlier posting.

Amanda
That's some really sweet layouts!!!!

Annissa
Interesting use of sparkle fiber! I see that you're scrapping a slightly more recent photos of your girl?

Annissa, I asked my fren and she's swamped with work and cannot afford take leave on weekdays for the class. In fact, she's booked for Laines' SDU Masters class on weekends and have to defer those as well. Sorry..

Kaimon...it's ok. SDU classes is very worth it for this mth, 1 for 1.

Jennis...me going down now cause earlier on I bring my girl for make-up class.

Sophia...thought of using this for MR#5, let's see how. I still have tonnes of dated photos to catch up.

Annissa,
Thanks for clarify, I understand, that is why I interested to join the fun and to know you ladies more.
happy.gif

wonder do I welcome to the class coz I'm not so familiar with your.

Annissa,
your Sunshine LO, the lower left corner, the building-outline embellie, that is so cool! is it chipboard? where did u get that from? and you put stickles on it? very nice.. the Sunshine title is nice too with the added sparkle. i think i should experiment more.. haha.. mostly i just use embellies straight out of the package.

JChew,
i saw the 1-for-1 deal.. but seems that must fulfil the lower level first then can take the higher level? i just want to go for the higher-level class le. :p

Autum, ya, for the SDU, you need to have the cert to continue with the advance level.

I just came back from spotlight. MY goodness, soooooooo..... crowded. I got 4 alpha stickers $6.90 each, 3 arcylic paint $3.95 each, 1 kaiser craft multi purpose box $19.95, 3 packs of wooden flourish $6.90 each, 1 can of acid free crystal clear spray $24.90, 1 kaiser craft wood mount stamp $9.90, all for under $100 after 20% discount.

I think the stamp is a good deal! kekekek...

Autum, for the lower level of Laines' SDU class, my fren managed to do only Module 3 &amp; 4 (Mod 1 &amp; 2 are very elementary) as she was keen to advance to the Masters class. You can call Laines to check...

JChew, the acid free crystal clear spray...what is it for? Does it work like glossy accent? or just to protect the pictures? Spotlight having sale?

Kaimom, the ladies were talking about this spray earlier on. They use it to preserve their LOs or altered project cause sometimes we don't know if we are using acid free papers or photo papers or embellishment which may tarnish our precious LOs/projects/photos.

I have never consider using this before until I started doing more altered projects with mod podge. I realised there will be brush lines when you see under the light and I don't like it. So decide to get a can of the crystal clear to spray instead, then no more 'lines'!
happy.gif

JChew, I have the same issue with mod podge ! I don't like the brush lines ! I thought I am the only one ! No time to go spotlight today...sob sob sob!

Annissa, thanks for organising the class. I hestitate due to the cost. >S$80 for a class, I am heart pain. My last class at LP I redeemed a S$35 off coupon so not so bad.

Mich, the ladies here recommended Krylon which I saw at spotlight was $20.95. But I choose this other brand Arbee which is a little more expensive at $24.95. Krylon has a strong smell, according to those who used it before, so I thought I should try another brand to see if it is less smelly. hahahaha........

Autumn....the building is chipboard from the DCWV old series of paper - All Dressed Up.
I've the QK dies set - Cityscape which has similar effect. kekeke http://quickutz.com/qk2/viewItem.aspx?iC=QKDS-06

Hua_jing....the whole idea of private class is like a crop session, for us to get to know one another better or see one another face to face. Nothing to feel unwelcome.

KCK.....indeed they carry a lot of Basic Grey. Embossing powder going at 2 for $10, a good range of colors to choose from.

Mod-podge or Decoupage Finish.....after applying, use an old/expired credit card to smoothen out the surface.

ladies i just got home from Spotlight and MWL.. haiz.. spent close to $80 at Spotlight and another $20 at MWL.. oh boy!

By the time i got to Spotlight, i see many empty rows of stuff.. think many people really grab le. I have never seen Spotlight so crowded before! i think also because of the school holidays.

jchew,
can feedback how is the arbee spray after use? I intend to get one but since krylon got smell I can’t use cos I preggie now scare it harmful to baby.

annissa,
thanks, I check my mum's schedule first, see whether is she in time to come and relieve me for the class.

Anyone else want to join the private class? Need another 2 pax to confirm the class.

Who wanna share my bottle of Ranger Distressed Black Soot? $2.50

Where can I get red color brads?

Ann, I got small size red colour brads. You wan? I can pass u some at class. Let me know how many u need. Else, I tink American Crafts sells mono colour packs, but I'm not sure if Laine's is OOS or not.

Woah... Joann having sales. stamps and ink going at 40%. Album 25% and all stickers 30%! Anyone interested to organise???

Thanks Ming. I went around to find then just crossed my mind, I can DIY plain silver or gold to red wtih MM paint. kekeke.

Re De-acidification spray
Jchew, I also want to hear your feedback about the spray. Thanks in advance.

Re Joann
Joann....do you gals find the shipping quite steep ? Album price may be cheap but if comes in a big box, shipping will be high, right ? Using Vpost,Comgateway or BDL ?

Re Embossing
I need some help - I did my first attempt on embossing using DewDrops Brilliance to stamp then pour embossing powder then use heat gun. I find the powder gets blown away !!! ie. doesn't stick to the stamped image. Am I using the wrong ink ? Any suggestions ?

Thanks Happy and Ming for offering to organise the spree. I will browse thru to see if I need anymore things. hahaha...

Mich, I think Annissa ever say that BDL is faster and their shipping fee is cheaper.

For embossing, I use the glue pad to stamp then pour the powder on it and blow dry. Usually holds quite well. Never try other ink to stamp for embossing before.

BDL for me definitely. Unfortunately we can't control how joann packs the items, so if the box is big it will be a high shipping cost. Ordering albums will for sure kenna big box one, but i think even with that thrown in it is still cheaper than buying locally.

Back