SMH Scrapbooking Club !!!!

Annissa, just 2 cents worth..doesn't know your content as to why it results in you wishing to use "pyramid" as title. Other than Mamachan's good suggestion, I may consider laying out the photos resulting in triangular shape like pyramid or something indirect - eg. using Egypt's fonts/ scribbling in acient days as background (eg. download from web & print on transpariences) since pyramid comes from Egypt.

ginncher
No need to stress! Look at Dorcas' album sample (on her blog) and mine on MR's challenge blog for ideas. Dorcas' album is landscape while mine is portrait. So you have the best of both worlds for reference.

Aileen: Yippee! Was thinking I am able to save some money.. Kekeke.. You stay at Bt Timah?

Mamachan: I didn't order from MM leh.. Does that make a difference? And you mean they send a replcement all the way from the USA? Or is ther an office here?

A&A,
haha! hopefully can find a 5th person soon. u go and jio juzjewels lah. she's so ON in buying. hehe... i stay at toh tuck.

mamachan, thanks. Already decided portrait long time ago...but really mental block...got references also no use at the moment leh....plus I not very good at reference, cos will have tendency to copy plain sail....

Don't know what happen to SMH. I'm still not getting new post notice thru email. Anyway, I'm suppose to spend thu and fri doing the mini album for challenge 4. But now, I think I probably can't complete liao. My replacement quit on the 2nd day, now I have to work till fri with no rest and start my new job on mon. Sigh... Super duper stress.

wow all of you into MR#4, I still havent decide which kit to use!!!!
kao_sad.gif
kao_sad.gif
kao_sad.gif

JChew...Take care. Think I'll die straight straight without my helper!!! It's a super duper crazy role.
kao_scared.gif

Mamachan: Thanks.. Have sent them an email.
happy.gif

Aileen: Have asked Jewel. She will pass.

Annissa: I have the exact opp problem. Have already have set aside some papers but not sure what pics to use.. Haha..

mamachan,
i just visited your blog. love your works and I like the Fun songs on your blog! Was listening to the songs as I was looking thru your works. Gave me a very nice feeling.
happy.gif

hmm.. i have never scrapped about myself. not even hubby. perhaps i should? kekekek..

Autum
oh..heh heh, thanks thanks for your compliments =) I love to listen to music when I scrap...will also put on music when I have my classes =P Music moves me hehehe, so when I scrap, got feeling and feels shiok!

mamachan, you sure good at relaxing....must learn....but sometimes I could possibly ended up listening to music.....

Annissa, me too opp problem....decided to use SL Jul'08 kit long time ago(folded into 6x12 somemore)...but until now....nothing started...haha...will see if I have any mojo tonight after reading to my kid in a while....

Ginncher
For the album...I think gotta just do it and start cutting the papers into 6 x 12, so when you place them together, I'm sure ideas will start to form...or at least for a particular batch of photos you've been wanting to scrap on? Just my 2 cents worth lah... LOL like how we attend classes, go back with photoless layouts and then over time fill them in? =P

Mamachan: Doesn't work for me. I have long cut the papers I want to use into 6x12 liao. And since MR4 came out, I intentionally use 6x12 for layering so that I can have the other half of the paper for the album. But am still wondering what photos I want to use..

:p :p Help help.. If nothing comes about, I really have to pass MR4. Which will mean, I will have a lot of 6x12 papers left... Oh no...
sad.gif

A&A
Wow! You're on a roll yah? Great job with the layouts! You mentioned that you intentionally want to use the ready cut 6 x 12 for layering in the album? Don't quite understand this part. Meaning you want to use the unused 6 x 12 as part of the background papers like in your usual layouts?

If that's the case, what you could do is choose your main accent color i.e. red or orange or yellow (just an example) that's consistently seen in your album to give that sense of untiy.

MR#4
The basis of this challenge is basically to help you use up your stash as well as to scrap a "group" or themed photos which you've been wanting to scrap but never got round to doing anything yet due to lack of time.

For me, I chose to let the photos tell the story with some simple journalling and simple embellishing. I left the detailed embellishing to the cover of the album. =) So don't overthink on this one yah? More important, have fun! Once you've done one album...you'll be very inspired to do the next one and then the next one. Very addictive!

A&A, what i do is that i tear a small piece of the sandpaper and curl it round my finger and rub the edges. This method works better for altered project to rub away the excess papers from the edges.

Did you buy the edge scrapper from LSS? Can try checking with them first. Otherwise, email MM customer service (preferable with a photo of the scrapper). I have a friend who did that and she got her replacement mailed to her rather promptly.

Mamachan: Salah... I meant, when I do my 12x12 LOs, I cut 2 6x12 papers - 1 I use for the 12x12 as layering, the other I set aside for the album. I will usually not use 6x12 for layering, but did so becos of the album. Clearer this time?

Brownbox: Thanks.. That's what I do too.. Find it not easy to achieve a reasonable degree of distressed look.. No, bot it from joann.com. Have sent MM an email for replacement. Let's see..
happy.gif

A&A
Understood. haha

ANnissa
Nice preview...but I look at my mountainous stash of papers...I think I will pass. LOL! My goals for myself this year is no buying unles I use up at least 50 - 70% of my stash.

Just did a layout last night with papers from beginning of 2008 (launched Dec 2007).

Aiyooo...you all telling me how dated back your paper are. I think I've even older paper!!! Started SB in Aug or Sep 2007, that time is like everything also nice, everything also buy. Glad that I've started clearing (to scrap more frequently) early this year which I'll continue to do, hope I'll be able to catch up with the current trend soon.

Sophia....I hope to achieve 80% but is a far fetch target for me to dream on...hahahaha. Let's all try to use up as much as possible. Jia You.

Looks like DCWV has launched this 12 stacks for 2009, no more quarterly seasonal launch. Well, I'm getting 2 sets of this new series. Hope that is all for me. CANNOT BUY, MUST SCRAP MORE.

It's never me to know my paper is from which season or launch or company or range. I buy cause I like it aka I wont know if I'm buying past season paper or current launch.

Yah I don't really bother which range its from too.. as long as it fits my mood then use. Or sometimes its just the first papers i can find!! Lol.

ming,
just want to confirm our SL kit sub start next months right? so you will forward us the preview of the project kit?
usually when will they send out the kits?

Stayed up too late last night. Just woke up from my nap and still feel like a zombie... :p

Mamachan:
happy.gif
So I really need to find photos for the album. If I can't find photos on time for MR4, I will complete the album when I have the photos. At least this is my plan..
happy.gif

Annissa, Ming: I also can't remember where i got/when I buy/which brand the paper I'm using comes from. :p

Ming: Got my transfer for yss?

Annissa: You know, looking at the video makes the Taj Mahal stack looks so interesting. Hmm... Am glad the ones I've picked are also the ones I like from the video.. Kekeke..
happy.gif
Now looking forward to the arrival of the loot.

ming/Annisaa
Ha! I know the dates coz the description strip at the bottom of the PP stated the year hehehe. Other than that, I'm just happy scrapping lah.

ming,
thanks. look forward to received first kits, so exited. hope by then I settle down with my "new" house and can start scrap again.

I am tempted to try the MR#4 but 1 question... how do you ladies intent to store the 6x12 LOs? I don't have an album of that size and that size seems rather big to make it into a mini album... but the part about using up stash really attracts me!
happy.gif

yeah....never like the storage issue...so usually prefer standard 12x12 LO....but using up stash esp papers is so easy for MR #4...hee

Storage of MR Album
I kept mine in those plastic that we usually get at the LSS whenever we buy PP. Or plastic from paper packs can do too. Then I store in my drawer of mini albums/projects. Now I'm just waiting to use the zutter to bind the album 1st.

ginncher, mamachan,
for this MR#4, u pasted the cardstock-paper back to back to form a page of the album? that means can't use brads? hope u understand my question!

Autum
Last I heard Zutter costs $149?? I haven't got one, waiting for my scrap buddies to open ceremony and I go over and borrow.

If you want to use brads, you should do your pages 1st (photos and embellish with brads, etc) then you stick your papers back to back to give it a more "hard" backing. Only my album cover (front and back) was PP stuck to cardstock (CS).

So note that for my album, photos are always off centre and away from the edges that I want to bind. I haven't fully embellish my album, just waiting to do so after binding.

Autumn,
I'm very "jian" one.. if I realise I want to add a brad after my papers have been stuck down, I will fold the brad's "legs" behind the brad and then use glue dots to stick it down instead of poking through paper. =P

Autum
Actually got many ways to play around with concealing the legs of your brads. Ming had suggested one method.

I normally use brads to hold layered pieces of flowers together and then I will use glue dots or 3M glue to adhere the flower to the page.

Back