SMH Scrapbooking Club !!!!

hehehhe... last night I manage do the LO for the challenge half way. I say half way cause, I only got the 4 pattern papers, 3 or more photos, and the stamps in nia. Then I'm thinking of how to put in the buttons, journal and thickers. Hopefully can submit to dorcas by tonight!!!

Oh... I'm meeting Ming for lunch today at wheelock place, then going to laines for the "suff all in the pizza box and get 40% off promo"! heheheh... anybody interested to join?

Dorcas: Thanks for explaining.
happy.gif
What's a RAK? I read in your blog abt it.

Jchew: You just reminded me.. The dateline is tonight! My goodness.. Staying at home has made me lost track of time and dates!

A&A

Rak = Random Art of Kindness
normally people will RAK stuffs to others, or to challenge site as a little 'gifts'

JChew

i m meeting u ladies. Can tobang into the pizza box or not ar. i am thinking of getting punch and stamps.. hahaha

By the way laines closes at 3.30pm today cause its new year eve

u girls tempting me, EVIL!!!! I'm thinking about the EK Glass Cutting Mat!!!!

Jchew...you already got the framework, buttons, thickers, journal just add-on as you go along. Can do hidden journal if you've long essay to write. kekeke

A&A, at least you are home, so got time to do. I'm now working, later meeting Ming and Dorcas, by the time I reach home, I need to rush liao. hahahah...

Dorcas, I think ok lah, cause don't think I have alot to buy also. I'm also thinking of punch. :p

oh..... Annissa, come come. Come and join us. kekekkekek.....

As for my LO hor, I'm thinking of creating a pocket for all the ticket subs from disneyland then add the journal on the pocket. 1 stone kills 2 bird. But wait, must see I can do it first or not. :p

mummies

don forget challenge#02 for MR is tonight ar !!

get ready for new year new challenge#03.
hahahaha. this time is prepare by me. Quite simple la, somemore got a sketch to follow also.

JChew.....you know I'm in CONTROL gear. I've just called them, no more glass cutting mat. If you can find or ask them to help you, please help me to get Glimmer Mist Turquoise Blue. I'll trfr to you accordingly. Thanks.

Dorcas.....with stretch, supposed will be easier to do. You know something, I always see stretches then my actual always soooooo different from what I've planned!!!!!

Dorcas: I see.. RAK.. It's a nice acronym.
happy.gif

JChew: Got time at home doesn't mean will SB also. I actually started the LO last night. But thought I can take my own sweet time. Who knows? 2008 is going into the archives lo!
With what you have planned, it's easy from there on.
happy.gif

Girls: Laines got sale isit? Do they have any prima flowers? How much are they selling for? And do they sell chalk? Suddenly am crazy over chalking. So fun.. Like doing coloring all over again.. Hahahah...
happy.gif

Annisa: I just tried glimmer mist and like it. Have the glacier. But the effect is not as obvious as stickles.

Dorcas: Have sent you the LO to your email. Not sure if I have to list down the materials/brands used for the work. Let me know.
happy.gif

Looking forward to Challenge 3!
happy.gif
Your journally is very neat. Is that your handwriting or do you print it out?

A&A

its okay, you don have to list down the materials/brands for the layout. hehe~

Normally i do my journaling via words and printed them out, either cutted them into strips or use as a 'block'. Cause i am a very computer person, even my photos i used at times i will go thur photoshop to edit and crop into different sizes den print out and use on layouts. hehe~ but i am not into digital scrapbooking la. that is too chim for me to play around liao

A&A
actually u don have to be afraid to use imprefect photos. I myself also will use imperfect photos on my layouts. What matter most, is you capture that moments.

Hi ladies, finally finish my LO for the challenge 2. Dorcas, saw you at Laines but you disappeared quite fast.

2032123.jpg

2032124.jpg

JChew

very familiar.... hahaha
Just went down to collect the kits cause i illegally park my car along the road side, leaving my HB & daughter inside to 'take care'

Hello,

Can join challenge half-way pls..?? Trying to regain my mojo for scrappin....but don't think I could catch up if I start from challenge #1??....

Errr....but if not appropriate, it's ok....I'll just admire lah...hahaha....so many nice works here.....

G'day mates from Perth!!!!

Wow!!! I'm greeted by all the lovely LOs for challenge #2!!!! For a moment I thought my challenge too difficult le, hahaha no one wants to "play" along.

I read that you ladies had a great time at CL's! I wish I'm there too! I've yet to go into any SB store here. Been busy going around elsewhere. I'm staying near a SB store but no time to head there. LOL.

Anyway,wishing all of you a blessed 2009!!!

Thanks Dorcas. and Happy 2009 everyone! My sincere wishes to good health, luck, happiness, & finally..... more wealth to fuel our expensive hobby!!

HAPPY HAPPY 2009 !!!

Challenge #03 is here!!!

This time the challenge is host by me, its very simple la.

2033367.jpg

Terms & Conditions for Challenge#03:

Making use of the sketch provided,

Photo :

-use PAST DATED photos (photos that have been laying around for ages !! its about time to scrap them)

-at least 1 black & white coloured photos (no limitation to how many photos to be use on the layout, but at least 1 have to be in B&W)

Materials :

-cardstock as the background / base layer

-circles (from punches / die cuts / rub ons / buttons / pattern papers or even buttons to brads to eyelets etc.) Create circles on the layout

-usage of ribbons (it comes with almost every kits we are sub to)

Please provide the date of the photos used on the layout.

Submission to be send to [email protected] by 31st Jan 2009.

Happy 2009 all!

Mamachan - You should set up a challenge with "ONLY" as the condition (ie restricting the number of things to be used) - That will sure be hard! lol.

Happiness and good health to all of us in 2009!!!

Dorcas, no limit on the number of photos to be used for Challenge #3 hor? Oh no.. I have no B&W photos leh..
sad.gif

Ming: I agree with you. If the challenge limits the number/type of embellishments used, it will be very very tough. And for papers, if the challenge specifies to use scraps only, it will be even tougher.

Ming: Hahah.. Then that'll be impossible for you.. You're good leh,make full use of your papers. I have so much scraps left.. Wonder what to do with them.

Dorcas, Mamachan: What do you intend to do with the website? Do u intend to start an online SB shop? What you've done is a very good way to kickstart the traffic flow.. Brillant idea both of you! Kudos!
happy.gif

Ming...pls dont suggest that, limitation is harder to achieve as compared to minimum!!!!

Ladies....who wanna share shipping with me for Robin's Nest Dew Drops? Seller can ship 20 sets in 1 flat-rated envelope. I've ordered 4 sets, another 6 sets I'll go ahead to ship. Here's the link:
http://search.stores.ebay.com/The-Scrapbook-Hut_robin-nest_W0QQfciZQ2d1QQfclZ4QQfsnZTheQ20ScrapbookQ20HutQQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQfsubZ15521850QQsaselZ54315895QQsofpZ0
1 set can be shared among 2 pax.

LSS retail is $14.95 per bottle. Anyway, limited color left.

Annissa, forgot to inform you that me and Ming manage to find a bottle of mist for you. They don't have anything name in Turquoise blue but we found this bottle with the right colour. Let's arrange a meet up and see if you find it suitable, if not, I don't mind keeping it for myself.
happy.gif

Oh gosh, the dew drops looks very tempting. I'm more interested in this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Robins-Nest-Dew-Drops-SKITTLES-Lot-of-3-Pots-Pearl-Gold_W0QQitemZ220315650355QQihZ012QQcategoryZ146545QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Jchew...I'll take it. SMS me your account no. for trfr and how much to trfr. Thanks.

Need to hold the dew drops order cause i realised i've made a boo boo on this. Need to find another seller.

Jut realised this site has some reallly nice flat-back buttons, I'll be getting some too.

3 sets = 1 bottle.

ming
wow. u got ideas sia. but limiting to items seems abit hard lei.

A&As
no la. we are not changing it to a biz site. It will still go on to be a challenge site with RAKs given out =)

Ming: SO I think like your parents? Cos I name my kids AA too?? Hahahha.. If I have a third (it's a BIG if cos I intend to stop at 2), I hope to have another girl and I'll name her Ariel..

Annissa: Can't find the buttons leh. Don't mnd buying buttons if they're not too ex. By the way, what is the unity stamp website?

Dorcas: I see.. Just an idea..
happy.gif

Ming, A&As
2 of you so chiam. Ha ha next time if you ever host one we sure crack our brain till xiao.

So tired was up since 3.30 am more kan cheong than my gal whose first day at P1

CL...how come up so early?? Your heart popping out so unable to sleep? kekekeke

Just make sure she's eating more than what she required, confirmed will lost weight during this adapting stage.

CL: She's a brave girl. I think I'll be like you when my girl starts her P1 too. ANd I think she'll surely cry when I put her in the playschool..

You know me lah. I sleep with the kids from 9 pm so enuff liao so wake up. Check and check her bag. Packed all her things. Then make sure the younger one stuff oso packed aside for daddy because he is bringing him to childcare on his own today. For me once I packed her up the bus , I have to rush to school to be PV.

I am quite proud of her because I was helping out and this gal is crying non stop asking for mummy. So poor thing.

Back