Singaporean Mömmy + Malaysian daddy

cindy_ncy

Hi there, anyone is Singapore Mömmy and husband is Malaysian? Anyone givebirth in Malaysia? How is the citizenship thing? Is the baby can hold dual citizenship? How is the process? Thanks all!

Hi...
My cousin married a msian and have given birth to 3 girls.
The girls were born in Malaysia and are Malaysian by birth.
When my cousin went back to singapore after her confinement, she went to apply for singapore citizenship for the girls. Hence the eligibility to get the baby bonus scheme.
The girls are able to have dual citizenship till they are 18 (If I am not wrong), and after that they will have to choose either one country to be a citizen.

For the youngest child who was born last year, she had to make an appointment to see the officer at ICA. For this, I think it's better to find out more at ICA website. Process time take abt 2-4weeks. Depends also ah.

Ur bb can be a spore citizen cos u're S'pore an n bb born here..
I Here dual citizen is not allowed..
Think twice if ur children 1s to get educations here,it will be very x if non S'pore an.. ..

Im msian n hub is sporean,my 2 boys born in msia and holding msia bc,after cf i bk to sg n apply for their citizenship..both of them holding dual citizenship and they hv to choose 1 citizen when the age of 21..

Both of them are entitle baby bonus scheme and both msia n sg benefits..my boys got 2 passports as well..sg and msia..

I'm singaporean & hubby malaysian.
I gave delivered in singapore, babies are singaporean by birth. Then went to malaysia embassy to registered their birth and yes they holding both singapore & malaysia passports.

Hi...
My cousin married a msian and have given birth to 3 girls.
The girls were born in Malaysia and are Malaysian by birth.
When my cousin went back to singapore after her confinement, she went to apply for singapore citizenship for the girls. Hence the eligibility to get the baby bonus scheme.
The girls are able to have dual citizenship till they are 18 (If I am not wrong), and after that they will have to choose either one country to be a citizen.

For the youngest child who was born last year, she had to make an appointment to see the officer at ICA. For this, I think it's better to find out more at ICA website. Process time take abt 2-4weeks. Depends also ah.

Hi.
izzit your cousin need to apply visa because Singaporean cant stay Malaysia more than 30days.

Thanks

Back