Should I give my P1 kid my contact number?

casshong

hello mummies, ever since i've given my P1 kid my contact number, he's been calling me during recess almost every day. Every time he calls, he's crying and emotional and wants me to pick him early from school. i've checked with the teacher and some parents and confirmed there's no bullying case. So, i'm wondering ... maybe i shouldn't have given him my contact number. He was alright before having access to my number. sigh! help! any advice ?

hello mummies, ever since i've given my P1 kid my contact number, he's been calling me during recess almost every day. Every time he calls, he's crying and emotional and wants me to pick him early from school. i've checked with the teacher and some parents and confirmed there's no bullying case. So, i'm wondering ... maybe i shouldn't have given him my contact number. He was alright before having access to my number. sigh! help! any advice ?

Did u ask him why he keep calling you after you fetch him? What did he reply?

Maybe he need more time to adopt to the environment in primary school? Where did he go after school? Do you know if he got any friend at school?

Any comments from teacher for his behavior during class?

I think is still important to let our kids to know our number as just in case, when they really in need, they can contact us..

Personally, I give my son my contact number just in case but I told him he can only call for emergency cases. I do think this is a good idea but need to set rules so that they cannot "abuse" it.

My son tried calling me once to complain about a teacher. I reasoned with him and told this is against the rules that we agreed on previously.

when he first go to P1, does he have your contact number? did he cry or emotional when he was dismissed?

if he is having anxiety, u would need to give hime more time to adjust.

i lay down the situation when my son can call me from school. after a while, he stopped calling me.

Back