Should I choose sgh or kkh?

Sgh or kkh

• Total voters

SGH is the best hospital. Facility also the best. Wish you all the best! My baby delivered there.

I don't have a fixed Dr as I see gynea as well diabetic Dr in the same sitting when I pregnant. It's under team management. I am very lucky my anaesthetic and surgeon both very good. I cannot remember their name also.

It my first preg any recommend should I go sgh or kkh and which doctor should I look for?

i think better sgh I heard their service and doctors are better than kkh.. im 14th weeks preggy mine is kkh but I think my decision is totally wrong one their services is slow and they dont take serious in certain cases

I used to see dr tan hak koon for my female problem but I chose to go kkh when I found out I was pregnant.. reason being kkh also have great gynaecologist too.. probably I personally feel that for the ward setting wise, kkh is somehow “newer” than sgh.. that’s all.. My gynae in kkh is dr tan thiam Chye.. both dr tans are good!

Sgh is better as kkh services are slower and sgh gynae are empathic and caring. I did not give birth there but i did went under fertility treatment in both hospitals. Sgh is much much better than kkh. Distance is although far but i think service is better. My sister is going give birth in sgh.

KKH is more organised, I would say. Wait times are on the higher side in both so nothing to compare there. With private gynae option at KKH, you would be better served.(thats not an option at SGH)

KKH is more organised, I would say. Wait times are on the higher side in both so nothing to compare there. With private gynae option at KKH, you would be better served.(thats not an option at SGH)

You can choose a gynae at SGH as a private patient too.

It my first preg any recommend should I go sgh or kkh and which doctor should I look for?

Hi IcyBlue7,

Someone shared this with me and i think it's good to share around with those who still thinking which hospital to go for labour.
Sorry for the very long post.

SGH?
Think "Huawei / Oppo"

1) Central Location
2) Good service and patient care from consultations to childbirth
3) Rising player (not too many people know of SGH O&G when we had our first boy, getting more popular since probably due to multiple word of mouth recommendations)
4) Hidden gem (waiting for you to uncover their talented gynaes and PDs)

KKH?
Think "Nokia/Motorola"

Probably getting too cozy with past accolades and achievements
Patient care may not be as you would expect
Yes, they provide child emergency which SGH dont have.

But there is NUH, our other preferred option.

NUH?
Think "Apple/Samsung"

No review for gynae and childbirth experience with them but we have heard word of mouth compliments

Children A&E and ward experience definitely much better than KKH

I had two labour from different government hospital. KKH & NUH (maybe 3rd can try SGH.. hehe!) Both as subsidised patient.

KKH - having bad experience. I was left unattended for 3hours where else the gynaes had confirmed in the labour suite that i should be on emergency cser since my baby had stress and poo. Due to this, my baby had ate poo and was in nicu for 2weeks. I didn't get to skin to skin, once pop they took away my baby. Not even able to hold him or see him. I saw him through photo my hub took in nicu. And i gave birth with only one midwife around. Calling gynae/midwife/nurses during the day in the delivery suite will take time and need to be call up several times than they attend. Reason given, not enough manpower.
**they will check your dilation as and when they want and some can get the training doctor to test on you (I stop them from doing it to me!)

NUH - excellent service. Nurses/midwife came in to check every 20-30mins without me calling. she just want to ensure both me n baby are in good condition. While gynae came in several time to check and lastly found out i'm ready to pop. Item all ready and setup. I managed to see my baby and skin to skin. Everytime done very fast and smooth. Well experience staff! (eventhough there's one gynae on training, he did very well!)
**only experience doctor/gynae check my dilation and not trainer staff

Overall it's by luck maybe?

Goodluck in deciding your preferred hospital.

Personally, I have had positive experiences with KKH as a private patient for pregnancy and delivery. Both my hubby and I really like our gynae, Assoc Prof John Tee....very experienced and no-fuss doctor. I ended up with emergency C-Sec (for medical reasons) and Assoc Prof John Tee’s stitches are really neat! Will be seeing him again for next pregnancy

Back