Should enrichment classes be on Weekdays or Weekend?

xiehui1128

Hello mummies, anyone who enrolled their kids on enrichment classes? Can you suggest the best timing for them as my one son has regular preschool classes on weekdays, would it be overwhelming for them to have an enrichment class in the evening during weekdays?

Hello mummies, anyone who enrolled their kids on enrichment classes? Can you suggest the best timing for them as my one son has regular preschool classes on weekdays, would it be overwhelming for them to have an enrichment class in the evening during weekdays?
I believe weekends should be better because they will want to rest or we should give them some time for breathing space after their regular classes on weekdays.

My girls used to have their enrichment or interest classes only on Saturday mornings last time in school.....Rest of the weekend is up to them to enjoy and do whatever they want or for family outings/activities.

I will limit their interest classes to only 1 activity a week cos I don't want them to burn themselves out.

A very good example of burnout is the boy in this video.

Last edited:
Well, it depending on.
For me, I let my daughter choose. Saturday morning or Weekday afternoon.
She chose Weekday afternoon for it.

I believe weekends should be better because they will want to rest or we should give them some time for breathing space after their regular classes on weekdays.

My girls used to have their enrichment or interest classes only on Saturday mornings last time in school.....Rest of the weekend is up to them to enjoy and do whatever they want or for family outings/activities.

I will limit their interest classes to only 1 activity a week cos I don't want them to burn themselves out.

A very good example of burnout is the boy in this video.

Thank you, mum!

Well, it depending on.
For me, I let my daughter choose. Saturday morning or Weekday afternoon.
She chose Weekday afternoon for it.
Glad that your daughter helps you decide as well. I'll try to ask my son, and take it from there! Thank you so much

Thank you, mum!
Think my focus is 30%/30%/40% interest class,enrichment and leisure.

I don't want them to spend their time all on either one.Must balance it with leisure as well.

I am sure you don't want your kids to have rusty faces and looking gloomy all the time just like the boy in the video.Think he had at least 9 enrichment and interest classes per week.

I tried to avoid the weekends coz the kids were already inundated with homework prep for the coming week. They enjoyed a fun break during the week doing something different. Good thing when my kids were younger I decided to do a do a totally different enrichment by introducing a 3rd language in a fun play environment with indoor and outdoor activities. Their teacher has now set up a French and English enrichment. They did so well that they did 3rd language in school also. They become so confident and enjoyed their classes so much!

Attachments

• IMG-20230919-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20230919-WA0004.jpg
    354.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG-20230919-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20230919-WA0003.jpg
    400.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Back