Shichida Method

beebee

Hi, does anyone attended the Shichida Method ? can share with me how is the reaction your child during & after attending the class ? when is the best time to start ?

sorry for so many questions...really appreciate for the reply !!!

My friend started when her daughter turned 1 yrs.
Wat I know that Shichida method is bascially training bb's to use their left brain by using flash cards. It is quite effective, her gal can point & memorize the pic in the correct sequence. It is not cheap..

I tried calling Scichida and they can't even answer my questions. Always asked me to refer to the leaflet they were going to send. BTW, the first few qns they asked me when I called up were my name, address and telephone.

hi,
If you are really interested in shichida method, perhaps you should join the shichida_group and shichid_method in the yahoo groups.It may be better to read all the archives in the group before asking any questions. Most of your questions would have been answered in previous postings and you will gain better insights.
But dont expect too much .. and the parent have to be very hardworking.

<font color="ff0000">Michelle</font>
I've enrolled my girl in July intake, maybe can tell u more by then
happy.gif

Hi duffy,

how old is your girl? my girl also in the July intake..

I had wanted to ask from Mrs Josephine Khoo the principal some kind of course outline, but the class activites shown during the preview session
seemed quite diversified. They don't just do flashcards...seemed to have different activities

can't wait to go for the lessons to see what they do..

HI ladies,

May i know where the link for shichida_group and shichid_method in the yahoo groups? My gal turning 5mths in 2 days time! I do wish to sign her for the class! But what will be the advise mths? HUbby claim that i am too KS
sad.gif

Hi,

actually there's no ideal mth to start...though they have students as young as 3 months..my hubby also say i KS...in fact my MIL even scold me for presurrising my girl..

i just have to keep my fingers crossed...and hopefully she will show some results when she goes school...

i think 5 months is alright to start..mine already 8 mths, by july she will be 11 mths, no choice, long waiting list.

Hi,

Yes, Shichida Method is basically similar to Glenn Doman. Lots of flash card, then they'll throw in music and various languages and some sensory play. The "extra" is ESP. SM believes in ESP can be trained

My kid attended 2 sessions but stopped. Few reasons:
1. SM reception service is quite rude most of the time. Its like u want buy, buy, if not, nvrmind, others will buy - type of attitude

2. SM gives me the feeling they only want your money (no small sum ok!) Very impersonal feeling that the school gives unlike other places that we've been too. Personally, I dun like my kid in such an environment

3. After I understood what is their ESP thingie, I realise that yes, everyone hv some amt of "ESP". But I dun believe in their training method.

Hi Jo lim,

Can I know more about this magic cd-rom. It uses the flash card method too? Can I know the price of the set?

u can check out www.acceleratedchild.com.

Yes, it is electronic flash card, flash pic and the word is said..

Beside flash card, there is linking memory which we do at SM and eye training (photograph memory) a shape will be flash and then u have to choose what was flash from a group of pics.

The px is $59.95 (value for money) if u compare to SM lession. 1 lession abt $75.

Let me know if you want to order.

jo lim

so we need to print the game card ourselves?

i'm interested in the memory magic...
if we can get group buy...do u think we can get discount?

for the game card, yes

U can click and play for the electronic flash cards, eye training and linking memory.

Discount as follows:
10% discount for 10 CDs
20% discount for 20 CDs

Let me know. Thanks!

To answer a question above:

ESP stands for Extra Sensory Perception - in other words, 6th sense or more.

Hi mommies who have brought their kids to the November classes, can update us on wat is being taught/practiced at the SM sch?

Hi. Are the SM method that powerful? Anyone heard of ECC Right Brain IQ learning programe? Can anyone give me so insight to this? Thank you...

hi mummies,
lets keep this thread going on!
sharing my experience about shichida method.
i enrolled my girl in shichida method class when she was 13 months old. The first terms was just ended last week. well, from my experience the ideal age to enroll your kid is 1 year old. there are activities going on and your child need to concentrate and get involve during that 1 hour 15 mins lesson. surprisingly, my gal can sit through during every lesson.
This program is to stimulate your child's right brain. Activities include: sense play, image play, memory play, flash cards, eye training, music play.
parents have to commit themselve. your child have to pratise at home after every lesson.

Hi mummies,

I am also thinking of enrolling my son for the course. It will be good if mummies here can share and feedback on the course, be it good or bad.
happy.gif

Hi mummies,

Just wondering does anyone have memory magic cd-rom for sale.Or grouping together for some bulk purchase to get discounts ?

Hi Mummies,

Great to know someone had started on this topic as I just enrolled my 2 sons to the Shichida course. Both of them will be attending the Jan'08 class at Toa Payoh, the 10am & 12pm slot respectively.

Don't bother with SM. They are more interested in collecting the fees than liaising with parents about their concerns. Also they are very sticky about make up lessons and do not provide the same. Every time a request is made they give the stock answer that the SM does not provide make up classes. Recently I sent an email informing them that my son will be missing 4 lessons and what options were available to me. After chasing for a response someone from "customer care" responded with an answer that in Japan there are only 40 classes and in Singapore there were 48. Accordingly (by some twisted logic) the absenteeism did not matter! If that is so why can't Singapore SM have 40 classes too? There are no breaks for school holidays and parents are forced to miss the classes (each class cost about $75) with no reasonable alternative. I also sent emails asking the Principal Ms Khoum to call me but presumably she was too busy. It has been 2 weeks since my first email and no solution in sight. I only wish they conducted their classes and customer service with the same zeal that they use to collect the fees! I am seriously considering pulling out my son from the course.

hi kvr,

are u still with shichida?
how did u find your child's progress?

i'm thinking of putting my son in the program but since there's no trial lesson, i wanna find out more

tks

Dear all,

I have purchased in bulk blank flash cards to be used in Shichida's home practice.

Am selling the extra blank A5 and A4 flash cards at the following prices. Collection at Tampines. Please choose either set 1 or 2. Interested, please PM me.

1) 400 pcs of A5 cards, 280 grams - $12
2) 200 pcs of A4 cards, 280 grams - $12

Hi Mummies,

My partners and I are organising private whole-brain lessons for toddlers aged 10 to 14 months.

Lesson will begin this Sat (14Jun08) in the West and NE and will be FOC with no obligations to continue.

Subsequent lessons will be pay-per-session with no deposit or reg fees.

Do PM me if you are interested to know more about lessons and schedules.

Thanks.

Hi all

Calling all Shichida Parents! Let's discuss Home Practice!

My daughter has been at Shichida for half a term now. She's 16 months old. I'm curious to find out what sort of Home Practice everyone is doing.

Maybe we can share:
- How often do you manage to do Home Practice? Are you a SAHM or FTWM?
- What components do you do during Home Practice - flashcards? dots? linking memory?
- How often do you change flashcards and introduce new flashcards? (I've been told we should not flash the same card more than twice!)
- Do you make your own materials or purchase from Tensai?
- Which are good materials to obtain?
- Do you think all this really helps?

Would be very interested to hear your feedback. Think we can start an informal Shichida support group here!

Hi,

Juz to share our experience. My son is 20 mths and we try to do home practice everyday. Flashcards is a must, followed by some other activites done during his class...such as hand activities.

From the SM teacher, we are not suppose to do more than 5 mins practice for this age group each day.
happy.gif

Hi,
My daughter is almost 5 months old now and I'm wondering whether to send her for the shichida classes. Can any one give good/bad feedback?
My sis-in-law sends her 2 kids at a young age and they are brilliant!
happy.gif
But really I'm not sure whether it's genetics or it's genetics plus shicida
happy.gif

Most appreciated.

Hi has anyone done the 65 day math program? How does day 55 onwards work where you are tying the dot cards with the random cards? Do you show the dot side followed by the number side of the same card? Thanks!

Hi All,

I'm looking for mothers to share Shichida music CDs, educational Cds/VDs, printsheets or any other home practice materials.

I have the followings to share/exchange:
1. You+Me=FUN music CDs (total 3 titles)
2. Master of Addition

Pls PM me if you are interested. Thanks.
happy.gif

Hi,

My son just attended the shichida methods. We have no idea on what to do for home practise. Where can we buy cheaper materials?

Hi Bouncy,

Could you please give me the contact for the organizer of the shicida BP? I remember sawing it some time ago but the BP is no longer around but would like to get some materials. Kindly pm me! Thanks.

Back