Sharing your views on Bad/Good Overseas Spree Organisers

Hi Mango and XianXian - thot to share abt yr LV spree topics.

I hv been to France couple of times due to working and personal trips. This is what I knw so I hope all mommies can have better insight how it works. I am not amused when mommies put in their hard earned $$ to get stuffs and to know it may break their hearts later.

So it's is always best to exercise precaution and study at the mkt situation carefully.

Online Purchase: True or False
LV is reputable boutique and carries pride for its high end products & services. So all mommies must do abit of homework to see if it is true that LV do accept Int'l online purchase

Note: not that I knw it can extend to overseas buyer.
Why I say this: overseas buyer needs to present traveller passport before you can purchase. Also, each article limits per pc but outside Paris, it do allow same article in multi pcs.

VAT Tax: 12%
Upon leaving France, we need to present our gds to make sure you are genuiue buyer before u can claim back yr VAT refunds (12% applies in France).
Note: 12% is really a lot in Euro $.
Why I say this: be it local or Int'l shopper, VAT is included so u can claim back if u r bringing the gds out.

Original Receipt:
Always get a copy of original receipt.

Note: usually, boutique can oblige.
Why I say this: Partly, u want to get peace of mind that u r getting original item. It is also for yr benefit that with the receipt, you can entitle a warranty service to our local boutique should the article arise with quality control probs (I knw it is unlikely but it can happen like zip or bag discoloring due to personal neglience handling).

Conclusions:
1) Savings - usually, we can save at least 28% (aft inclusive claiming yr VAT back) at most but with the rapid price increasing, it can retreat back bit by bit.

2) GST 7% - we need to service this amt if u r buying more than S$400 upon arriving in Changi airport. So I am sure yr saving may reduce. I am sure organizer will not bring just few pieces back or else it defits the purpose.

3) Black mkt service - if u hv been to LV's boutique in Paris espc Elysee branch, you will notice there are many nice MIC (Made In China folks) will hover and ask if u need help for their passport. They can help u to buy but u need to service them some kopi $$.

This is one of the possible route for folks that needs help to get multi pcs but the probs is u can't claim VAT back as it must be opened n carried with u like personal immediate use.

Note: so mommies needs to question back do u like the idea that yr article will be opened and used.

4) French local resident purchase - yes, local can buy but not that I know French can buy in multi pcs. If they can buy like nobody biz, then I'm sure it would have flooded in the market long ago. So there must have some control and not to forget LV has very gd system in tightening up the flaw supply chain (otherwise, you should knw by now their pricing can be so steady well controlled without any retreat back but creeping higher n higher)

5) Duplicate LV - notorious and yet hard to detect. It is almost everywhere that u can get a super high skilled grade. It can look so real unless you r prof and yr bio-eyes can scan thru.

So to get a duplicate item is not very difficult at all. Unless you r getting article that has never been duplicated on mkt before so you are more assured. In this case, chances are you may embrace one of them if source is not reliable.

Ok, take care all. Hope it helps.
Lily

p/s: saw the topic on the currency exchange rate. This is a very interesting topic - the peg is always higher than the mkt rate. Don't mean to give any negative comment but I think there should have some focus study to be organized by moderator and inviting all oversea organizers to give input how this can be more opened up and make it more transparent.

Having to say - let's not forget both the impact of spreeist and organizer. Just my personal thot - so I hope it can have a gd system to begin that allows organizers to cover back the efforts, legworks, the formation of pandan bear eyes, sweat & toils and the endless follow ups.

Just becoz organizer want to save abit of shipping fee, we may end up riding on a free ride which it shouldn't happen in the first place.

A gd system may free the organizer for guilt just becoz the artificial rate they have to rake up for some difficult reasons.

Spreeist - in return, if we can free our precious time (which is true coz we are wearing multi roles be it home or office), saves some from the domestic or int'l ship fee, I guess it is not too much to service a very minor % to let organizer to handle (coz for some reason, one day, it may happen that u hv to be the organizer. then you will say...ahhhh..I knw why now). It's like a concierge service. Unless we know the behind scenes, or we will always think we are right and not knowing how come this or that.

Charges weight or pcs - again, there should have a contribution from all seasonal organizers and from there, a gd formula may ease up all the frustrations.

My personal thot - clothing can be spread out in pcs but in the clothing is so thick like winter jacket with downfeather or puffy, then it is almost near to volumetric weight. So I think lots of things needs to gauge before u think u r paying fairly or not.

I think a good organizer will filter all these before it can arrive their bills correctly. Likewise, if an non-experienced organizer may not forsee such issue, hence it may arise with dramtic episodes one after another. So if there is such a gd formula system to standarise as a gauge, it shld be able to help all.

Be it spreeist or organizer, both have our own roles to play apart to make sure the spree is a pleasant one.

Pls don't hammer me if I happen to say something that it does not sound sweet to your ears. You have the rights to ignore it.

I'm saying from my heart and I'm hoping all of us can learn at the same time since our roles at home is like tutor to our own darlings. U can always drop by n email me if u think otherwise. (pls pls don't feel offended can).

Thanks everyone!

Thanks Lily for your detailed sharing. Really appreciate that.

You are right that due to technological advancement, it is difficult for an untrained eyes to tell which are the fake one.

Seriously I would think thrice, not twice, if I am getting from someone else.

Thanks for sharing.

emma: thanks for the exp, i have nvr bought anything directly from overseas using my own cc like ever before so i was just wondering.
anyway with just .2-.3% pt higher i dont think the organisers can earn much.
I cannot imagine organising a spree, such a headache.

Just my thoughts, if afraid that branded goods are imitation or fake, might as well pay a bit more to get the goods from Singapore shopping malls.

elicia_mum
I like the exchange rate of your credit card.
happy.gif
Very good exchange rate. Tan Leng Leng's credit card exchange rate also very good. I am more of a budget spreeist...

tinarin,
no worries. we r all here to share info
happy.gif

ya i agree, those organisers that charge 1.4, think they earn $10++ per spree which is peanuts compared to their hard work.
even those that charge 1.45 earn $20++ per spree which IMHO is still ok bah.

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">This spreadsheet is for BAD/GOOD OVERSEAS SPREE ORGANISERS ONLY. Please <u> do not post in spreadsheet </u> if you disagreed with the terms.</font></font>

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">To view:</font></font>
https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Armzq9tp4Q3ZdDlUNXZuU3FhckZIYzNMVTVPakNkRVE&amp;hl=en&amp;output=html

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">To post:</font></font>
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dDlUNXZuU3FhckZIYzNMVTVPakNkRVE6MQ

Please post your comments to share. Only selected comments will be posted in the forum to share.

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">Please be considerate when entering comments.</font></font>

Thank you.

<font color="0000ff">for advice:</font>
wat do we do if the spreeist never respond on top up / collection? i got items from 2 mummies with me for more than 1 1/2 months already, but they have not responded till date even after i pm her. the other i dun have contact??

i'm sure they forgot...juz that it irks me to know i still got something outstanding...keke. haiz..but wat if they never remember?

miaon

Try posting a new thread to look for missing mummies. Saw some organisers do that. Hopefully they will notice when they log on.

altho i've never joined her spree before, i find dreamz is a good organiser. i cut this from her latest spree which i'm thinking of joining.

"Exchange rate at 1.36. (may need to top up if exchanges rates go up, but if it is lower than 1.36, excess will be used to offset against shipping charges"

thumbs up.

dreamz is a very reliable, prompt and knowledgeable spree organiser. I can vouch for her as I've joined her Amazon spree many times! She would patiently reply every spreeist's query on estimated shipping cost even before they place orders with them. Thumbs Up!
happy.gif

hi Miaon, I wish we have a thread where we 'blacklist' spreeists too. I recently encountered one who defaults on payment repeatedly even despite friendly reminders. On collection day, she stood me up at JP and made me wait for half an hour in vain (with my baby in tow) without the courtesy to sms me that she's not coming. Gosh the silly mistake I made was I placed order for her in good faith without receiving payment. So spree organisers out there, learn from my mistake! If the spreeist is unresponsive or do not pay up from the very beginning, don't accept their orders!
sad.gif

Just like to share:

Went to LV boutiques few weeks ago to do a bag exchange and was told by one of the sales guy that now LV is having a very strict policy which applies to whole wide world LV boutiques. Each person is only allow to buy 2 items. For Europe countries, only allow one wallet and one bag per person but in Singapore as long as they have stocks, they allow you to buy 2 items regardless of bags or wallet.By the way, Paris and France pricing has increased again!!Just few weeks and theres a Euro 50-70 difference
sad.gif

Also for authenticity, only in Europe country they have a counterfeit counter to check on the product but not in SG. However, if you are a regular LV buyers and get to know the sales person there, they might do you a favor to advise you on authenticity. By the way, if you bring a fake LV to Europe LV boutique, you will be sued and get fined.

Always buy from the LV boutiques only, address stated in LV website. Do not buy from other shops as they might be 2nd hand shops that sell fakes.

Based on my few years back spree, Paris tax rebates if refund by cash after administration fees, only get back 10%. As for 12%, i am not sure if it applies to refund by credit card but bear in mind, organisers need to bear the currency exchange rates which only get to know when bills came.

Organisers who are bringing the bags back are also at risk of getting caught by Singapore Custom which they need to pay 7% GST but this is provided if you declare. If you didnt declare, i am not sure if SG custom will ask you pay more than 7%.

Some people might ask why organisers will hold such spree if there's not much profit earned. Not everyone goes for profit but the shopping experience. You simply just like to shop and buy things but not using all your money and yet get the chance to see more variety and meet up with friendly/good buyers..not those fussy &amp; demanding types
happy.gif

Well, on the other hand, you will get big scolding from family members as they will find you crazy going all through these hassles but i guess only those who enjoys such experiences will understand :p

Anyway, its not easy to be an organisers. Alot of time and effort needed, i salute to those who can organise sprees, working at the same time and with kids..thats is really multi-task!

Hi Paparazzi,
Thks for re-enforcing on the fake gds reminders.

Yes, totally agreed. If anyone who is travelling to Euro, never never bring any counter fake branded gds be it LV, Chanel or any item as it may most likely land u in fine or jail or both. I think the fine is like €10,000 that range or more and Europe custom knows Asian traveller is the best bunch of persons for them to be spotted on. So pls don't take this reminder too lightly.

Multi-Pc - yes, LV is very strict when it comes to multi purchase per article. However, I must say unless you are there, then you will be able to see it for yourselves. As far as I knw, French has very special treatment to certain group of purchasers. This holds true. The reason I said this as the outlet that I went was outside Paris. This city is world famous place where trade events or awards ceremony took place. I could still remember when I asked for key-chain purse with zip, that sales tall and gorgerous French guy asked how many pcs I would like to buy. I was there for biz meeting with my lanyard n credential pass tag hanging ard my body so I am not sure if it was made exceptional for this reason. Personally, I was caught by surprise that it can be done.

VAT Refund - I got full 12% as I paid via Credit card. But one thing - do take note it could happen if yr organizer's last exit point is not fm France (he/she culd be gg elsewhere like Switz or UK other than Euro $$ countries), then when she/he tried to claim back, there will be some forms of losses in the currency conversion. e.g. Fm Euro to sterling - one level of losses. Fm Sterling to SGD - 2nd level of currncy losses. So it may end up, you don't save much afterall.

Finally - always ask this Q:
are you prepared to write off this losses if it happens the source is a dupe.

For Para's comment that some are doing purely for experiences, I think this is a 50-50 answer.

For fun - I doubts so.
For learning experience, maybe it could be.
For profit - yes, they will want to cover some back or else, why take such a risk to buy expensive item when there could be chances it may be stolen in Europe - who can help them to recover back (I'm talking abt those who hand-carry the items back).

Note: Stealing is super highly common in Europe espc in Italy. U don't even knw when yr wallet is gone.

Oh yes, I really think there shld be a strict guideline to adhere - such as registering with Nric or details or rules of code for any spree organizer to accept the purchase per pax more than e.g. $100 onwards.

This will put first level of safety net though not fully foolproof as I knw some mommies whose heart is too pure or simply has no time to read what's happening in the mkt. So when it comes to saving $$, somehow, it cannot be rational rightly espc how to weigh the whole outcome. I mean they will still take chance to go with it even though it is their first transaction and no idea who the pax is.

Having to say this, to all those organizers that are righteously doing the right things at the right time, they deserve our respect. Para said it right..it's not easy for anyone to be an organizer when they have to sacrifice their precious resting time to make it right for u.

Alright..thks all for reading!
Lily

Just wanna get some views on spree organiser who split shipping by no. of items instead of weight.

eg: baby one-piece or pants, charged same shipping as adult fleece active pants &amp; maternity dress?

babydragonjfy
Then should continue to support this spree organiser, next time order big and heavy things instead of small light weight items since all same shipping cost. haha...

Trapped
I think spreeists who have read the old spreadsheet (before deletec) should already be aware of this organiser. Beware of any spree organisers who only use Paypal for transferring funds. No bank account given so cannot go to Singapore police station make report if anything goes wrong.

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">This spreadsheet is for BAD/GOOD OVERSEAS SPREE ORGANISERS ONLY. Please <u> do not post in spreadsheet </u> if you disagreed with the terms.</font></font>

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Armzq9tp4Q3ZdDlUNXZuU3FhckZIYzNMVTVPakNkRVE&amp;hl=en&amp;output=html

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dDlUNXZuU3FhckZIYzNMVTVPakNkRVE6MQ

Please post your comments to share. Only selected comments will be posted in the forum to share.

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">Please be considerate when entering comments.</font></font>

Thank you.

Deleted from spreadsheet:
"Not honest with the discount which is more than the 20% she has stated in her spree.

Kohls spree"

Any verification on whether there is more than 20% discount for this spree?

Spreeists should not only comment basing on their own views that more than one discount coupon can be used. Most of the websites only allowed one coupon for discount to be used for each purchase, but not multiple coupons to be able to use at one go.

Really get pissed off &amp; alot of headache from this Tikumom's RL spree. She's MIA for 2 days already &amp; no news on reply! Spreeing has never been so miserable until I meet her!

Anybody can advise what can we do next??

Thank u.

Depends on how much you have spent and how many mommies are also in your shoes. I would go straight to police and make a report if I were you, provided amount is more than S$30.

Unless I have spree-ed with the organiser before...and it is the 1st time this has happened, I might consider "close one eye" since trust is there.

Seems plenty of mommies have threatened to go to police file report but till now nothing. Instead of threatening, just do so. Don't see the point of keep chasing for refunds or items. “Ping pong” the problem to and fro will waste more time than going straight to file report.

To me, if the organiser who has no responsibility of holding the spree smoothly and spreeists are very nice in a way of giving organiser a short period whereby personal problems should already be solved by now, I don't see any more reasons to give more time in getting a full refund if items are OOS/not ordered/items ordered but not delivered.

Hi,

Can anyone advise if the moderator can ban Maybemummy (through her IP address)? I was her victim from Dorothy Perkin spree and today another mummy has contacted me about her. She is worried about a spree which she has joined Maybemummyh. As usual, she faced the same issues : high shipping charges and MIA after payment. I think not all mummies know of this thread hence maybe the best way to get rid of such bad sheep is to downright ban her from SMH spree. We should not allow such person to be around lurking around in SMH preying at mummies.

Thank you.

Hi Greysky,
maybe you can try writing to the moderators?
Moderator [email protected]
Administrator [email protected]
but not sure when SMH can revert or even act on it.

Maybe you and few of the other mommies can form an alliance to 'police' on maybemummy's thread in Overseas Spree?
By posting a note in her thread to highlight those spreeists should be good enough - if the spreeists choose to pay for maybemummy's service, that's their choice.

Furthermore, I think maybemummy won't be able to post in Overseas Spree thread even if she registers a new ID now - need 1 year 'experience' in SMH ... unless she has many 'spare' userIDs (or buy from some mommies here ??? idea ah!)

P.S. maybe she is reading this thread too ... kekeke

Just sharing my personal feel on "BLACK FACE",
recently I've been showing them too...
not on purpose, just very very tired...
I would like to take this opportunity to apologize.

How to show a smiley face whole day long when;
1. I've requested everyone to call me b4 coming for collection,
most still prefer to sms...
Every sms out cost me 5 cents and most can't confirm the collection with less than 3 smses...
e.g.;
mummy 1 : Leng, can I come later?
me : Pls come at 10pm
mummy 1 : 9pm can?
me : No, I'm not back yet, sorry.
mummy 1 : 9.30pm can? 10pm is too late
I called her,... no pick-up... ... ...

2. My collection timing at my home is fixed,
still many asked if I'll be home at 10am, 4 am, etc. etc...
I AM WORKING &amp; it's not my own company, not my father's either.

3. When someone called me at 11.30PM to ask if I'll be at home at 10am the next working day.

4. When someone smsed me at 7.30am on a sunday morning, to check if she can come for collection at 11.30am

5. When someone smsed me at 3AM on sunday night,
to "inform" me she's coming at 10am for collection

Please be fair to spree organisers,
we need to sleep too, we have our families to look after too...

Many asked, why they see less of me at overseas spree thread,
many asked how come I'm not as active as before.
I told them, the forum was a nice place last time,
mummies then were not as demanding, they are more patient,
AND THEY DO NOT SHORT-CHANGE ME!
You know who you are, (&amp; YES, oppsgal, you are one of the nice ones, thank you!), THANK YOU TO YOU!

For those mummies here who had been participating in the overseas sprees thread for more than 1 year,
or more than 3 years,
do you realize or have you seen... lots of nice organisers are either cutting down on sprees or had given up hope.
This gave chance for the so-called "Bad Spree Organiser" to start sprees that you need,
and to prey on you...

It's time to have some self-reflection.

Just my 2 cents,
good luck to all.
happy.gif

Thanks Leng Leng...
happy.gif

Most time I also sms-ing you, although trying not to "disturb" you. Don't want to call you in case you busy with your work, although ask to call. So I prefer just left smses (no need response) to you.

Maybe next time I no need to ask you when can arrange collection, since I think I already have your schedule... Hope that will be alright.

Leng Leng,

No problem.
happy.gif

Next time should be easy, I just arrange courier. After I arrange then I emailed/sms you 2-3days in advance so still got the time do packing all my items for courier. Lesser people to reply to and fro.

Thank you.

Hi,

May I know if those who joined Jenifur's California baby BP in July rec yr items?
Those in d same situation pls Pls PM.

anybody has any news or means to contact infinite nursing? i joined her kidsurplus spree. no updates from her on the thread since a month ago. am unable to reach her for collection of my items. so if you have her contact, pls let me know, thanks.

Thank you.

The last comment made in the spreadsheet, the person might want to contact the moderator of the forum directly, as I don't think they read the spreadsheet.

thanks oppgal for this spreadsheet!

i hope more and more people are aware there's such spreadsheet here.

Oppsgal, is it possible to filter the spreadsheet by the organiser nick and then by the date the comment is made?
happy.gif

Hi eenie,
not sure if this helps ... try copying all the data into excel and filter/sort by the organizer name you want to see.
As the google spreadsheet is constantly updated by mommies here, you may want to copy &amp; paste only when you want to join new organizers.

Thank you.

Wow. Didn't know got spree organiser organised sprees then sell in WTS.

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/4664103.html?1288581618
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/590029/4545046.html?1288281358
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/4651605.html?1288592585

Thought not allow: Selling of ready stocks, excess stocks and pre-orders

Next time I must be more aware when buying from WTS. Thank you for the spreeist who comment in the spreadsheet, giving us the information.

<font color="aa00aa">Hi, (-_-) (oppsgal):</font> <font color="000000">Thank you so much for organising this list. In order for more mummies to be aware of such situations, I have actually reference your link in the "How To Improve SingaporeMotherhood.com?" under the thread title "Blacklisting of bad BP/Sprees Organisers"

Hope this will help create more awareness. Thanks you for your effort. </font>

<font color="0000ff">For mummies who wish to highlight a particular spree organiser to the moderator, probably can try posting in "How To Improve SingaporeMotherhood.com?" under the thread title "Chin Leng, PLS TAKE NOTE!!!".
happy.gif
</font>

Back