Sharing your views on Bad/Good Overseas Spree Organisers

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">This spreadsheet is for BAD/GOOD OVERSEAS SPREE ORGANISERS ONLY.</font></font>

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">To view:</font></font>
https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Armzq9tp4Q3ZdDlUNXZuU3FhckZIYzNMVTVPakNkRVE&amp;hl=en&amp;output=html

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">To post:</font></font>
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dDlUNXZuU3FhckZIYzNMVTVPakNkRVE6MQ

Please post your comments to share. Only selected comments will be posted in the forum to share.

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">Please be considerate when entering comments.</font></font>

Thank you.

(-_-) (oppsgal): can help me? Cos my gmail acc [email protected] found being hacked yest, and that person not fonly sent email to all contacts as of below as well as changed my password. Pls help me alert the others. Those i have hp, i already msg them about this and also put notice on the spree threads of mine. The email is as follows as my husband also receive it:

this was the email sent out from my email.

"subject: I Need Urgent Help

Good Morning

How are you doing? Hope all is well with you and family, I know this might be a surprise to you but I am sorry I didn't inform you about my traveling to Sunderland for a Seminar.

I need a favor from you as I've misplaced my wallet on my way to the hotel where my money,and other valuable things were kept and I will like you to assist me with an urgent loan of $3,500 to sort-out my hotel bills and get myself back home.

I will appreciate whatever amount you can help me with and I promise to pay you back as soon as I return home.Kindly get back to me know and let me know what you can help me with so i can send you Western Union Details to make the transfer for me.

Best Regards.

Jenny Ng"

i guess it is best to let everyone knows about it. mummies, dont get cheated by this

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">This spreadsheet is for BAD/GOOD OVERSEAS SPREE ORGANISERS ONLY.</font></font>

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Armzq9tp4Q3ZdDlUNXZuU3FhckZIYzNMVTVPakNkRVE&amp;hl=en&amp;output=html

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dDlUNXZuU3FhckZIYzNMVTVPakNkRVE6MQ

Please post your comments to share. Only selected comments will be posted in the forum to share.

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">Please be considerate when entering comments.</font></font>

Thank you.

Seems to be a few organisers splitting up the shipping cost according to number of items, but not by weight.

What's your views on organisers who shared out shipping cost by dividing the shipping cost equally by number of items instead of based on the weight? Example two different shoes with different weight, but are charged the same amount for shipping cost...

Hi,
what is the view of organizer charging 'international shipping' when they had their hubby carry back the stuff? This is justifiable under Overseas Spree thread?

I've enquired one and she says need to charge handling charge cos her hubby is carrying it back. I told her there are few 'agents' like hers online providing such service. She was very unfriendly and ask me to approach them then.

How does 'International Shipping' being charge if it is hand-carry from China-Singapore? Air ticket cost divided by number of spreeists/weight/volume?

I had the email in black&amp;white. Feeling very upset to have meet such organizer in the forum. The same had been posted in the spreadsheet for your review and approval.

kerene

Last time I have joined someone who is on working trip to Japan to buy some stuff there. I don't remember being charged for shipping cost. The organiser only charge me for postage/registered mail + handling fee ($1 each item), if I don't remember wrongly.

Quite a few bad organisers already in the spreadsheet.

Hi oppsgal,
thanks for sharing! I thought that should be the way cos the organizer would probably had benefit from the exchange rate. I also remembered vaguely seeing such oversea sprees before whereby organizer/her contact were physically overseas and there wasn't such 'International Shipping' charge.

anyway, I won't be joining that organizer cos her attitude to my email wasn't friendly (in my sense).

To be person who commented abt me 'missing the call and sms' - yes, my family sleeps at 9pm but before that time, I am washing up my 2 kids, telling them bedtime stories &amp; nursing my boy! And YOU WERE LATE - YOU REACHED AT 9.10pm instead of 8.55pm! I accommodated ur request to do pickup by STAYING UP and checking my SMS after my kids fell asleep so that you can do your collection and now u are blaming me? DID YOU EVEN APOLOGIZE that you were late?

There are really all kinda unreasonable people in this world - you EXPECT me to be at your beck and call? I did not expect u to turn around to pick up your stuff - you could have said u want to come back another day.

4541943.jpg

4541944.jpg

here's a copy of your msgs: is it fair to label me as a BAD spree organiser because you are late? obviosuly your 'story' and what's shown in the above messages does not tally. So shd I label you as a bad spreeist for being dishonest and flaming spree organisers unreasonably?

I think I will cancel all night pick ups from now on to prevent such episodes from happening again. Let people pick up I'm wrong, don't let people pick up I'm also wrong.

Someone has pm-ed me asking for a list of bad spree websites.

I think the overseas spree organisers can just set a thread and post to warn others.

<font color="0000ff">kerene</font>
Which organiser is that? Pls report to the moderator coz that is not allowed in Overseas Spree thread. The moderator will remove her thread.

If she wants to charge something to compensate her hubby's effort to hand carry back, she should apply for a BP thread.

Hi emma_mom,
I've informed moderator but I doubt they acting on it lor. Anyway, let it be.

I've stated in her Overseas Spree thread questioning about the International Shipping.
I think both Koala and oopsgal wrote in the thread. If spreeists still want to join and don't mind the charges, I think I don't want to interfer.

honestly, what is the defination of a bad and good spreers? Just by the shipping that was being charge u determined a spreer a bad or good spreers? i think that's an understatment.

i cant determine the merchant to pack the loots as small as possible and as much as i wanted to! spreeist shouldnt compare the box packed by the merchant and determine the spreers to be bad.

I had been spreeing for so long and first time i hold a spree at SMH and then all i got is this... if i can control the way the merchant packed, tat will be good. Not to say it doesnt happen to others, but for this spree this round, out of 20 over batches of loots (72 items with 52 spreeist), 1 got 3 batches, tat came in with a 30kg box and when u open it up, DAMN, only 3 bags + 1 wallet. so all these, is not something i can control. so in this case, who should be responsible for the extra volumetic weight?? all shipping cost are calculated down to the weight by gram.

I also suffer from the shipping this round when i could have gotten it cheaper without the extra 80-90kg weight that we gana becoz of the stupid way KS had packed for tat 3 batches of bags. the only thing i probably earned is the Credit card points! whatever discount i can throw in with the CC that Vpost acknowledge, i used.

I felt tat it's very unfair that i gana labeled so badly like i wana cheat u of the shipping??!?!!?

I'm not tat kind of person!

"I dont know if this will be deleted as I don't understand why the first post to comment *michele* on the timing of collection is deleted in the spreadsheet which posted earlier. We DO NOT know what had happen btw the organiser and the spreeist. Why the spreeist comments is deleted from the spreadsheet? And the comment from a spreeist, even good or bad, the comments should be remained as it is, unless it is not related. Please be "NEUTRAL AND FAIR", not siding any party if not it will defeat the purpose of maintaining this spread sheet. Thank you."
<font color="ff0000">Quoted and deleted from spreadsheet.</font>

I am trying to neutral and fair. I have never spree-ed before with Michele or know her. But as a spreeist, I will try to be more understanding in terms that "everyone has the right to have their own lifestyle", be it to sleep early and have to be around for children at night. Moreover the overseas organiser has already informed before hand that she is not available at that time.
I am not siding anyone here, just that I felt that this matter is really not a very bad case, as compared to some of the case, that need to be informing every spreeist, to alert them.
Hope that the person who wrote the remarks won't feel very offended. If possible, the person who wrote this can try use own nick to post, if still have other things to say for this matter.
Thank you.

pooh3bear
When defining bad/good spree-ers, have to try standing in the "shoes of spreeists". Spreeists should also try basing on their spree experiences, when reading from the spreadsheet.
Some remarks such as "high exchange rate", is quote as "bad", but there are still some spreeists who choose to join, so to them is still consider alright...

<font size="+1">Note: If anyone has any objection to the remarks posted in the spreadsheet I have deleted, can always use your own username to post again and voice what you want to say...</font>

Hi

Would you consider starting a thread for bad/ lousy spreeists too?

Much as we want to identify the black sheeps amongst spree organisers, do we also want to check on the other side of the deal?

XiaoChuan

I am spreeist, not spree organiser.

So, I don't think I can start one, unless I got special privilege... like if I see my nick posted in bad spreeist list by spree organiser then can delete. haha...

with regards to emma_mom (emma_mom)'s post on setting up a bp thread to "charge for the effort". i believe some spree organisers have tried applying for it but was rejected by the moderators just because they said that certain items are not allowed and hence a bp thread cannot even be opened for it.

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">This spreadsheet is for BAD/GOOD OVERSEAS SPREE ORGANISERS ONLY. Please <u> do not post in spreadsheet </u> if you disagreed with the terms.</font></font>

Thank you.

Hi,

I am just giving my opinions. I am not siding with pooh3bear but I felt as spreeist, we should also understand that she has been telling us many times that she is busy and packed with the YOG.

As for her shipping cost, no doubt it is quite high but if you compare buying from the boutique itself in sg, I believed our items that we bought from overseas are still relatively cheap.The boxes packed are also beyond our control as I ever bought from overseas for my own just to check on how the way shipping charges was done. Packaging are really beyond our control.

I have to agreed with(-_-) (oppsgal),
Some remarks such as "high exchange rate", is quote as "bad", but there are still some spreeists who choose to join, so to them is still consider alright...

Can someone share their view on those Spree on LV, Longchamp bags etc ?

They are not order online, but so called purchase thru friends.

Are they reliable ? Any views ? Thanks.

hi mango(swm)

ALWAYS ASK FOR GIFT RECEIPT THEN VERIFY AT THE BOUTIQUE OR COUNTER. MOST TIMES IN SPREE THERE ARE AUNTHENTIC
happy.gif
U CAN ALSO CALL THE OVERSEAS BOUTIQUE TEL NO AND THEY CAN VERIFY IF ITS BOUGHT FROM THEM.

Hi Hi all,
saw that some mummies are missing me here... hehehe...

I've started working already, was a part-time from July,
then I'm converted to perm liao...
Had been busy with NDP, YOG, F1...
F1 - didn't return home for days, didn't sleep for days...
don't know what's next... some Golf games... I think...

So if you need to find me,
email me &amp; wait,
or CALL ME, call me pls!!!....hehehe...

No sms please, this new phone that my hubby got for me is difficult to sms,
takes me more than 10mins to reply a sms,
gave up &amp; tried calling back,
PLEASE PICK UP YOUR PHONE WHEN I CALL.... Many many thanks.
happy.gif

Thanks Tweetymummy, I am just too skeptical over it. If it is buying from authorised boutique, then I think it is verifiable. But if it is some other source, then a bit difficult.

It is from this thread, that I learnt to be more careful over the organiser. Thanks everyone for contribution.

Hi Mango, i as a spreeist is skeptical over LV purchases as well. Is like wat if the item is not authentic, the loss is too great. Like u say, if is not fr boutique and cant b verified, u might feel not at ease over the $ spent.

another note is that i personally realised that the savings is not alot also. cos if u get frens to buy direct o/seas when they go on trips. e savings is much higher. but of cos, the probability is lower and not as regular. when i get my fren to help me, the savings can range from 20-25% depends on pricing cos more pricey bags get higher VAT rebate, and depends where in europe? PARIS is by far the lowest retail price, while italy LV will be ~3% higher in terms of retail price.

Seriously i wont consider buyin fr spree organiser if i duno them. i may consider if is my regular spree organiser.

Just my views.

Leng Leng

Didn't get to chat with you anymore like last time in email.
sad.gif

So good, got new hp. hehe... Ok, I will try calling or email next time, no need response my sms if I sms u...

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">This spreadsheet is for BAD/GOOD OVERSEAS SPREE ORGANISERS ONLY. Please <u> do not post in spreadsheet </u> if you disagreed with the terms.</font></font>

Thank you.

<font size="+1">Please read up the notes left by others before joining any spree organiser you have not joined before.</font>

Some nice mummies have asked for a creation of list for BP organisers too.

Due to the reason of too many different BP organisers in and out of the forum and the nicks are always changing. Some can have plenty of nicks under same person, so I won't be creating one.

I think BP oragnisers have to register before they can start posting a new thread, so there is already tracking?

Thanks for the suggestion.
happy.gif

Thank you.

MAybe spree organisers can help me with this query, iunderstand that the ex rate with US right now is about 1.3? So is that what will be charged to your credit card? Cos i see most organisers still peg the rate at 1.4 the lowest.

tinarin,
credit card rates is about 3%-5% (depending on what type of card and bank) more than board rates. so board rate now is about 1.3, cc would charge around 1.34 to 1.37

those organisers that charge 1.4 is very reasonable already as US ex rate can fluctuate quite abit at times.

Not sure if I can post this query:-

i bought RL from Jenny for my son and all the polo shirts are made in Peru.. I didn't have any doubt whether if it is imitation as can see that the stiching and material is of good quality.

Recently I bought RL from Tikumom for it's better discount rate for my son's , and all the RL tops and pants are made in Indonesia and one is from Bangaldesh. I feel the quality is not there or am I thinking too much .. I'm not doubting Tikumom that she is selling imitation , just that I'm using the same web site to select the product but how come different spree organizer 's loot is from different country.. It's just 1 to 2 months time difference from the last time i bought.. I'm just curious that's all ..

hi kaira,
i tink u indeed think too much.. afew pics i ordered thru RL.com were also made in indonesia.

Hi girls
my most recent credit card bill charge was 1.45 for transaction dd 29/9 using Uob card. Hope it helps

Back