Sengkang/Punggol Mommies Club

i think its quite hard to find cc in sk or punggol as there r too many young families... unless u dun mind hougang or cc near ur workplc...

happy.gif

Hi to all the mommies,
Have you been to Kidslink Children's clinic at Sengkang?
Are you aware that they are charging higher consultation fees for registration received 30mins before closing time, which is 8.30pm.

I am really upset with the policy. No exception was granted though I was there at 8.15pm. If it wasnt urgent, I would not have gone there.

To-date, I still do not understand their rationale for doing this......why didnt they pro-rate the surcharge (why am I penalise for being there 15mins late), why didnt they allow registration by calls.....
What is the surcharge all about???! The waiting time is still as long ..........

I asked the doctor but was told that the policy is in place for sometime already and I should have register early.......
Unless there are good reasons, the reasons given sound very lame to me......
Is this how our healthcare service should be like?

Devilmom: there are new infant/child care centres just built/set up underneath our estate blocks. maybe u can check them out. My estate name is Coralinus.

LCH: I guess they charge extra cos there isn't another clinic in the area that opens so late?

Hi Jean, Tat's the area we often visit,hope one day we can meet up? ^-^

Hi Devilmom, welcome and I guess in Fernvale there are not much of the CC yet but there are quite a few at Seng Kang East, There are one locate at one of the new block opp of Rivervale Plaza and the other one near to Blk 152 Rivervale Cres opp of Rivervale Mall.

LCH, you referring to the one near to Blk 23X? I dont go kidslink even I used to stay nearby , normally will visit the one at Rivervale Mall.

Anyway I like Sengkang CC
happy.gif
It is so near Compasspoint and has many children programmes which are interesting for the kids. It is much more affordable compared to private classes too. I hope more parents bring their kids to the CC so the classes wun get cancelled because there is a lack of participants.

Hi Jean and Lydia, thanks for your information, I will go look around for cc tmr, update u all again. If can, I prefer fernvale area as i do not own a car, but seems all full in this area. Perhaps I will try anchorvale area too, anyone has good and not so expensive cc to recommend?

Hi pkum, Thanks for advise. I have tot about cc near my work place, but think of bring a 2 month old baby take mrt all the way the outram, I am worried that it is stressful to him and myself, but I will take it as an alternative plan if I really can not get a place near my house

lovemummy, what course/activity u talking abt? i would like to sign up for my kid, but the courses r always full. do u know of any gd art class for 4 yr old? thanks.
happy.gif

devilmom, u hv to b thick skin n keep calling those the u r on waiting list. my cc is in buangkok green even though i stay in sengkang east way/near anchorvale because the cc ard me is full unless u dun mind faith educare opp compasspoint. i personally dun hav gd feeling on that cc hence i rather go furhter. agape is near me, not sure whether gd or not, but i dun like the idea that the teaher in charge keep asking for deposit even there is not confirm plc.

do u guys wan to migrate to FB instead? coz like not many ppl commenting here.

hv a super great thursday! hang on fri n weekends r coming!

cheers!

Thanks pkum, I have started to put in waiting list since last Dec, till now, no space yet. And I am going back in mid July, really desperate now.

hi pkum, i think the june holidday programme are coming up in the CC.
You can go to their website http://one.pa.gov.sg and key in children or holiday or pa kiddies under their word search. There will be a list of courses which your child can sign up
happy.gif
hope this helps
happy.gif

Anyone interested in “Baby Care Workshop for Fathers” at the CCs?

Participants will acquire the basic skills of baby care such as basic handling, bathing, dressing up, diapers changing, swaddling/safe sleeping, feeding and winding after feeding. Dummies and baby care requisites will be used for demonstration and practice. Handouts will also be given on the skills learnt in the workshop.

http://one.pa.gov.sg/CRMSPortal/CRMSPortal.portal?_nfpb=true&_st=&_windowLabel=CRMSPortal_1&_urlType=render&_mode=view&wlpCRMSPortal_1_action=CMFShowClasses&_pageLabel=CRMSPortal_page_1&actionIndex=searchClassList&idProduct=18513073&CWT=

Venue: Pasir Ris Elias CC
Address: 93 Pasir Ris Drive 3, Singapore 519498
Date/Day: 3 June 2012 / Sun
Time: 12pm - 3pm
Contact Number: 6583 1220
Course Fees (including material): $25 (Passion Card Member), $35 (Non Passion Card Member)

Venue: Braddell Heights CC
Address: 50 Serangoon Ave 2, #01-01, Singapore 556129
Date/Day: 9 June 2012 / Sat
Time: 2pm - 5pm
Contact Number: 6288 1258
Course Fees (including material): $25 (Passion Card Member), $35 (Non Passion Card Member)

Venue: Marine Parade CC
Address: 278 Marine Parade Road, Singapore 449282
Date/Day: 10 June 2012 / Sun
Time: 7pm - 10pm
Contact Number: 6346 7703

Venue: Ulu Pandan CC
Address: 170 Ghim Moh Road, #01-01, Singapore 279621
Date/Day: 11 June 2012 / Mon
Contact Number: 6463 7333

Venue: Tampines Central CC
Address: 866a Tampines Street 83, #02-01, Singapore 521866
Date/Day: 15 June 2012 / Fri
Contact Number: 6785 8292

Venue: The Serangoon CC
Address: 10 Serangoon North Ave 2, Singapore 555877
Date/Day: 16 June 2012 / Sat
Time: 9am - 12pm
Contact Number: 6285 8833

Venue: West Coast CC
Address: 2 Clementi West Street 2, #01-02, Singapore 129605
Date/Day: 22 June 2012 / Fri
Time: 6.30pm - 9.30pm
Contact Number: 6779 1098

Venue: Changi Simei CC
Address: 10 Simei Street 2, Singapore 529915
Date/Day: 23 June 2012 / Sat
Time: 2pm - 5pm
Contact Number: 6781 6058

Hi hi,

I am looking for mommies who have children in <font color="0077aa">Sengkang primary school</font>. Can you pm me leaving me your contact number or msn/google+/facebook chat address?

I have some questions that I would like to know. Much much appreciated.

Hey evonlimsy, just curious ur child in nursery or kindergarten now? thks

btw mine is in nursery and i'm feeling a bit nervous abt p1 registration. anyone like me????

She is k2 this year.

Don't worry. I was like that when she was in nursery too. Always wondering when teacher is going to teach her alphabets and numbers.

Also made a lot of choices on schools from Nan Chiau to Maha bodhi to Rivervale and to Mee Toh. Now decided on Sengkang Primary.

Hi,

any mummies tried music classes for their toddlers? I'm thinking of signing up with Seimpi (Hougang mall) but they need min 3 kids to start a weekday class @ Tues 4pm. Anyone keen to sign up? Pls PM me.

p/s only for 12-23mth toddlers

hello everyone... i staying in punggol treelodge... erm,currently my girl.in dayspring. was thinking to get some carpool service.anyone cn contact me 97509330

Hi I am a 1st time mum living at anchorvale road
happy.gif
baby is coming to full month
happy.gif
will like to know if there's any good PD to recommend in this area. Baby pd at birth is good but is based at mount a and super difficult to get appointments
sad.gif

Hi Mommies,

I would like to check any of mommies know where to find phonics and right brain development around Sengkang/Punggol. I wanted to start my son for this mention programme.

My son 3yrs old now. I do found some but seem like the fees quite exp but is at town or tampines areas.

hi gemson,

right now i've enrolled my gal at my little genius located at upper serangoon,
so far this is her third and she is enjoying.

Hi choyagal,

Thank you for your infor. Wil check it out there.
I found one at Tampines Happy Train but if around Sengkang/Punggol more convience.

Just to share.
New premier bus 731 starts today. Going from Punggol East, punggol central, punggol place, punggol field, punggol road, Sengkang East way, Sengkang East drive to Suntec, One Raffles link area, Singapore conference hall, MAS building, Palmer road.
There are also evening buses.
Call 64814013 for information.
I am not related to the company. Just happened to take this bus today and I am the only passenger. Thus helping to spread the words.

Taziegal: we had been visiting Dr Vanessa Tan @ Kidslink Blk 237 compassvale Drive for almost 3 yrs. like her and her team of ladies. Long waiting time if walk-in but you know when to walk in after been with them for these few years. If not just bring food and toys to entertain your little ones.

Choyagal: my son attended the class with them when he was 1+ to 2. Joined for 2 terms. When they were still little neuro tree to change name to my little genius. Like Teacher Rachel (is she still there) and the Chinese teacher (can't recall her name). But had a bad experience with a relief teacher once when teacher Rachel was on sick leave for a week. The flash card she (the relief Teacher) did was so slow and pronounciation was pretty inaccurate. What an eye-opener!
Didn't continue cos don't see any new things implemented for the lessons after 2 terms. Seems repeated. But my son did enjoyed himself when he was there for that 2 terms. It was a good exposure for him as well before he attends childcare.

Hello mummies

I am staying at fernvale.. Any good recommendation for preschool in seng kang? Anyone heard of Eshkol Valley preschool? Any feedback abt the school?

Hello mummies, i am staying in Sengkang. My boy is coming to 3 yrs old in Dec this year. Thinking of enrolling him at Star Learners@Sengkang, which is located at Block 266 Compassvale Bow. Been to the place and find it a little cramp. But it is the nearest Childcare centre I can find, which has vacancies for next yr enrollment (Jan 13). Does anyone here have any experience or feedback on Star Learners@Sengkang? Would appreciate the experience sharing on this thread or via PM.

Morning mummies, I need evening baby sitter urgently at Fernvale Vista to take care of my 2 yr old boy after his CC for 1 or 2 hrs. To give him dinner and shower. Pls contact me at 90214046. Thank you very much.

hi all !
just a brief intro about myself
i stay in Damai Grove, Punggol, hoping i can join this chat thread very soon, now TTCing.. had a miscarriage 4 mths ago... but i already considered myself a mummy :)
Nice to meet everyone of you here

Hi jhw,

Welcome on board.
Sad to hear your story but be brave! All mummies are bravo, delivering babies and bringing up kids need lots of courage and passionate. Feel free to post your sharing here.

Yaoyaomum and lydia

Thanks for the warm welcome for me...

I really hope i can join u all here to chat about my children one day or meet up with u guys with children

Looking forward to this day.

All mummies are brave!!

Hi Mummies,

I can't sleep tonight. I am facing a dilemma whether to stay home for kids or continue with my current extremely demanding job. I have been working late, fully committed to my job for the past 10yrs. I missed my boys' precious growing up time and now my young baby girl. If I continue to work, I know I'll lose more family time than my recognition in job. Although I have been trying to search around for jobs but it is not easy to find a good fit due to I stayed too long in my current job. My husband told me to follow my heart but my mind can't made up due to financial commitment. Need some light...

yaoyaomum
i dunno if i should be advising because i am not sure of your financial status...
in Singapore, it is quite difficult for only one party to work so that wife can stay at home...

but i have friends who are stay-at-home-mum.
i shall share abit.
one friend, she do online business, selling accessories and clothes.... didn't really earn alot... but manage to get by with hubby salary....
she said she didn't regret because kids early years are important... probably she will go back to work in future when kids grow up

Maybe find a simple admin job which enable u to go home early daily?

Or find a work from home job (i know it is rather difficult)

Hi yaoyaomun,

hi hi and I do understand how you feel and I also think kids first few yrs are very important as that's the year they will start to pick up good or bad habits and if parents can spend more time on them will make a great differents.

If you're looking for a homebased job, pm me for more detail, maybe I can share with you.

Back