Seek for opinion for oscar test result

Yu JC

Hi, i just got my oscar result at 1:500 but my gynea did call and ask whether to proceed with another blood test.
My 1st child was 1:14000 (was 28yo) and drop to 1:500 (32yo).
Just to check if 1:500 is a OK result? the cut off is 1:300 but my gynea also told me that im in middle risk.
TIA

Hi, i just got my oscar result at 1:500 but my gynea did call and ask whether to proceed with another blood test.
Just to check if 1:500 is a OK result? the cut off is 1:300 but my gynea also told me that im in middle risk.
TIA

TIA
Hi, i will opt for another test just to play safe. Wouldn't want to take the risk if financial issue is not a concern.

Hi, i will opt for another test just to play safe. Wouldn't want to take the risk if financial issue is not a concern.
Hi thx for the reply.. we are still considering about further test as gynea said it is normal range at this age..

hi, Oscar test may not be that accurate. If cost is not a concern - you might want to consider doing a Panaroma test.
(https://www.natera.com/panorama-test)

I did both Oscar & Panaroma together... Oscar test result was scary while the Panaroma one was cleared... Gynae told me that the Oscar tests can sometimes cause undue worries/ stress to mummy. :(

hi, Oscar test may not be that accurate. If cost is not a concern - you might want to consider doing a Panaroma test.
(https://www.natera.com/panorama-test)

I did both Oscar & Panaroma together... Oscar test result was scary while the Panaroma one was cleared... Gynae told me that the Oscar tests can sometimes cause undue worries/ stress to mummy. :(
Hi may i know what is yours oscar test result? and did gynae insist for further test? my Gynae told me that this is normal to him (1/500) but didnt not insist us to go for further test...

Hi may i know what is yours oscar test result? and did gynae insist for further test? my Gynae told me that this is normal to him (1/500) but didnt not insist us to go for further test...

I can't remember the reading (don't have the report with me now) as I did mine a few months back. I am 41 this year thus, having abnormal readings in Oscar is the norm tts why my Gynae suggested that I do the Oscar with the Panaroma... but the panaroma is abt 2K+ (if I recall correctly) and I like the fact that its is non-invasive... just take my blood and run tests....

Gynae did not insist on re-doing the tests as he said my panaroma result is good. and it seemed like to him - the panaroma result is more important and in his words - more accurate.

I can't remember the reading (don't have the report with me now) as I did mine a few months back. I am 41 this year thus, having abnormal readings in Oscar is the norm tts why my Gynae suggested that I do the Oscar with the Panaroma... but the panaroma is abt 2K+ (if I recall correctly) and I like the fact that its is non-invasive... just take my blood and run tests....

Gynae did not insist on re-doing the tests as he said my panaroma result is good. and it seemed like to him - the panaroma result is more important and in his words - more accurate.
Thanks for the reply and good hear that your result is good.. we are still considering whether to take or not as the cut off risk is 1/300..

If you are still young, maybe there is no need to redo.
However, if you are senior of age (like me) - I'll probably do whatever tests I can just to get ease of mind...

I'm 32yo this year..most probably will not redo as doctor mentioned it is normal.. anw im going to have my checkup up next week and would ask for gynae opinion again.. thx for your input and have a good day:)

Back