Second child using NUK wide-neck bottle but she seemed to almost get choked during the first few sec

Koalarie

Hi,

I have my second child lately. My first child was too using NUK wide-neck bottle but never had this problem my second child I see.

My second baby seemed to be drinking in a hurry in the first 10 seconds and thus resulted in almost getting choked.

We have also observed her having milk flowing out of her mouth sometimes too.

She is now into her third weeks. I am not sure if this is normal but I have changed the teats from milk teat (Size M) to think liquid teat (Size S).

Anybody has similar problem as I have? Is this something to do with nipple confusion? I don't have much breastmilk and thus has stopped since too.

Should I change the milk bottle?

I am also having difficulty burping her after each drink. My CL said it is normal sometimes so long she farts. Any advice appreciated.

Anxious mom

Hi

ur problem sounds like the hold size of the teats is too big.. dun tink is due to nipple confusion..
isit better after u chagne to size s teats?

Did you try burping her by carrying her straight with her head over your shoulder way? quite useful for me...
happy.gif

Certainly sounds like the size of the hole is too large for the newborn. Try smaller size NB or S if Nuk carries it.

Back