Right brain Home training for 1yr old child

mabelchek

Heard of right brain home training using flash card (very basic colourful/dots paper type) to train 1yr old child in recognization, quick response.....etc.

Anyone to share? or good recommendation?

hi mablechek,

my kids are currently attending a home based right brain training center in bishan, if u are interested I can pass u the contact no.

Hi Violet,
I have glanced through your past thread on right brain training program...Are you refering to Shichida program @Bishan? I've already made enquiry but unfortunately too far from my home.

My gal is coming 1yr and she is eagerly looking forward to learn something new everyday. Whenever the elder sister do something, she also try to observe and show interest.

I heard of using flashcard teaching at home but not too sure which kind is good for her learning.

Perhaps if you have any good recommendation.
happy.gif

hi susanlim,
sorry, i seldom check this thread so i missed your reply :p

for my elder dd, i started her on flashcards even before i knew of shichida or any right brain progs. I just tot it's a quick and easy way to input some 'things' to her and to stimulate her. Not sure if it's due to the flash cards routine that her attention span seems to be better than most of her peers even fm young.
Her cc teacher told us she(at 2yo then) can sit through 1 whole story telling session while most of her classmates started to wander around the class about half way through.
Personally, I find that it works for both my gal and my son. But some may feel that showing them the actual thing is better... so it really depends on what suits u n yr kids best.

Hope u will find a suitable prog for your gal
happy.gif

Hi Jeslyn and cove,
I've emailed you the contacts
happy.gif

Hi Violet, can u pm me the contact for this home-base training @ Bishan? Is 1yr old good enough for this training? Cos my boy has very short attention. Thanks so much.

Dear All,

My gal is also attending a home based lessons using renowned methods. It's run by a group of mothers and so far over 60 students. It's not accepting new ones at the moment as no one is opting out yet. My niece can't get in
sad.gif
Actually, their location is in East Coast side. However, I heard they are planning a new one in Toa Payoh. Personally, I think it's good and cheap! My gal has been attending over 1 year and can count and read Sunshine books level 1 at the age of 3 now. She is also attempting to count with abacus! They focus on 0-3 years and give priority to children with closer proximity. If you are interested, I can ask for permission to give you their contact
happy.gif

Hi Violet and slhyee,

Thanks for the contact but difficult to get violet's contact as they haven't return my calls yet
sad.gif

As for slhyee, thanks but i realized that's the one I've been trying to register but no space and I've heard it's really effective as my friend's kid just graduated from there
sad.gif

Thanks both!

Hi Violet and Slhyee,

Can you PM me both your contacts?
thanks a lot...
sounds good... SM too expensive..

hi strawberry, Shermie,

I've PMed u
happy.gif

Hi Susan,
The classes they hv now are very almost back to back and if they are conducting lessons they cannot ans calls too. Hope they call u back soon.

Hi I am new to this portal. Saw the thread of discussion that home-based training would be starting in Toa Payoh. Could I have the contact? Any idea what do they teach? Plese send the contacts to my email address at [email protected]. Thanks a million

Also looking for playgroup in Toa Payoh or nearby areas. Any recommendations?

Thanks violet, I have called them up and have signed up for my 1 year old gal. Unfortunately no vacancy for my 5 year old at the moment.

any one here teaching your own kids from home? like do your own flash cards to show your kids? how do u do it?

my dd is going to 14mths, i have some animal flashcards like puzzles which i will flash to her but she just wanna grab and put in her mouth...

Hi!

Can anyone advise how to get a child to sit through a flashcards session? How exactly do you use the flashcards? My daughter has a very short attention span and tends to be distracted easily.

No Good - shicida at home-based Bishan.

Sent my son there for a term when he was 18-month.

I dont think its any good.
The teacher attached to my son's class is a friend of the two ex-Shicida staff.
They roped her to help out in weekend classes as the two ex-Shicida teacher cannot cope with so many classes.

The part-time teacher, i find, don't seem very skilful and patient. She creates quite a bit of 'free time' activities for you to play with your child in class.
You might as well do that at home.

At the end of the term, 3 parents, including me,
withdraw their 3 kids from it. (There are 4 children in a class)

hi i recently sent my gal to right brilliance n she's enjoying the class very much. Her memory improved a lot n she's able to concentrate better now. She used to get very fidgety after 10 mins but she can sit through a whole 1 hr plus lesson now.

If anyone needs me to refer to get the 5% discount, do pm me. I'm not sure how the referral thing works though. HTH.

Back