Reviews for Dr Tan Toh Lick (TMC@Jem)?

Mine.pandora

Hi ladies,

Any reviews of Dr Tan Toh Lick from TMC (JEM)? Alternatively, do you all have any recommendation for gynae at the west?

Thanks!

Yup, i went to him before. I wont say he is not good, cuz afterall he has helped so many mummies, maybe just not the type of doc for me.

He is very nice in giving you the information you need, but sometimes i felt that it is too much information that actually makes me worried.

I went to him to confirm my pregnancy. Because it was too early, so no sac was seen (i should be about 3 weeks + going to 4 weeks only) but he told me about etopic pregnancy and miscarriage - which is not wrong to do that, but it made me worry for the next few days while waiting for the blood test result.

I went back a few days later again, sac still not seen, so he told me the same thing again and he also claimed that there were some bleeding inside, and ask me to go blood test again.
As i have been having bad cramps, i asked if there is any issue & he keep saying its due to constipation, but im actually pretty sure its not.

But i wanted to see polyclinic and get referred to KKH, so i went to polyclinic, the doc told me that its normal not to see a sac at week 4. but the way that Dr. Tan explain do make people worry & in view of the bleeding & the cramp, i was asked to go KKH A&E to do a better check.

The doc in KKH told me there were no bleeding seen inside at all. And blood test is normal, just come back in another 2 weeks to do a follow up will do. The cramp has nothing to do with constipation & its normal to have cramps.

So from then, i think... ill stick with KKH haha.. but no doubt he is a good doc with a lot of knowledge & info.

hope it helps

Hi ladies,

Any reviews of Dr Tan Toh Lick from TMC (JEM)? Alternatively, do you all have any recommendation for gynae at the west?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi ladies, would like to share my experience with Dr Tan as well. Would like to echo the same sentiments as B. Moo, Dr Tan is not a bad doctor, he is very “by the book”. I think I would have stuck with him throughout my pregnancy if it were a straightforward one with no issues. Unfortunately during my detailed scan, it was flagged out that there was a potential issue and I felt that Dr Tan was indeed presenting all the possible cases but wasn’t able to give us insights based on his experience unlike the gynae that we switched to. As anxious first time parents who were presented with all the worse case scenarios, it was really scary and we were looking for a doctor to give us better advice based on their experience. It also didn’t help that he was rushing off for a delivery and wasn’t able to spend more time with us to go through the detailed scan results. Nevertheless, he did help arrange for additional scans and appointments over the weekend after the detailed scan which we are thankful for.

One more thing that pushed us to change gynae was that the nurse at Dr Tan’s clinic is very unhelpful. I remember that we were so devastated after the detailed scan and were waiting for my MC to be issued; Dr Tan forgot to sign the MC (no fault of his) and his nurse kept insisting on us to come back another day just to pick up the MC (keep in mind we were already in very low spirits and had to deal with this admin issue). The Nurse also refused to send the MC via email or WhatsApp and was generally unhelpful and made the whole experience very unpleasant when we were already reeling from the shock of the detailed scan results. When we insisted on not coming back another day (as I was suffering from bad morning sickness and didn’t want to travel around), she finally got her colleague to run to the doctor to get the MC signed off. There was also another encounter where I rushed to the clinic after my work ended to get anti-nausea meds and reached 5 minutes before closing time, she made some comments about how close I was cutting it, and that I should come earlier. Overall, her demeanor made each visit to the clinic a very unpleasant one.

Back