Review on Dr Tan Kai Lit - Thomson Womens Clinic, Toa Payoh

Nur Asiyah

Would like to leave a review on my gynae, Dr Tan Kai Lit for both my pregnancies in year 2016 and recently which i have gave birth to my little girl sometime end april 2019.

Dr Tan has been a very kind, patience gynae i’ve met so far. If you are unsure about your pregnancy, you may talk to him and he will patiently listen to you and advice you.

When meeting him for the checkup, will always feel welcome and he will always have a smile on his face despite his busy schedule.

During the 10 weeks detailed scan, found out that babys head is smaller than the normal percentile and both my husband and i are quite worried. He suggested us to go for another scan but at KKH as price is much cheaper then private clinic.

Also, hes not the pushy type like all test need to take. He will only suggest us to take the test if its needed.

During my labour, opening of the cervix was a bit longer and he still gave some allowance time instead of just pushing you for c-sect.

Lucky cervix opened and managed to deliver my baby normal birth.

When im at the ward, he will come to check on me to make sure that im alright.

Im so glad that we get him as our gynae.

Attachments

• 11519F96-18E7-4EF9-8400-F0FDCEA82E37.jpeg
    11519F96-18E7-4EF9-8400-F0FDCEA82E37.jpeg
    130 KB · Views: 791

I would highly recommend Dr Tan Kai Lit too. I delivered all my 3 kids at Thomson Medical. Dr Paul Tseng delivered my first 2 in 2008 and 2011 while Dr Tan delivered my third in 2020.

Dr Tan is a meticulous and approachable doctor who is very dedicated to his work and always takes time to explain clearly when we have any queries. I had a pretty rough time for my third pregnancy as am nearly 40. Had been warded for several times due to hyperemesis gravidarum (a pregnancy complication that is characterized by severe nausea, vomiting, dehydration), food poisoning and enteritis. He was very quick to respond whenever we called him. That really helped in calming my nerves.

I remembered an episode when I was admitted to A&E due to severe vomiting and dehydration. Was crying uncontrollably and almost hysterical. Dr Tan quickly came over to the hospital and dealt with my condition promptly. We were so grateful because that was already late at night.

In addition, I had a tough 27hours of labour at the delivery ward, he was supportive and came by to check on me regularly with various interventions as I had to be induced. Despite of the ordeal, I had normal vaginal delivery without any cuts or tears and no stitching needed! Dr Tan was also very thorough in removing my placenta and performing fundal massage (uterine massage) - a technique used to reduce bleeding and cramping of the uterus after childbirth. Thanks to Dr Tan and the care of nurses at Thomson medical, I recovered pretty well by the time I discharged from hospital with my bb.:) The confinement food at TMC was also very yummy.

Last edited:
Would like to leave a review on my gynae, Dr Tan Kai Lit for both my pregnancies in year 2016 and recently which i have gave birth to my little girl sometime end april 2019.

Dr Tan has been a very kind, patience gynae i’ve met so far. If you are unsure about your pregnancy, you may talk to him and he will patiently listen to you and advice you.

When meeting him for the checkup, will always feel welcome and he will always have a smile on his face despite his busy schedule.

During the 10 weeks detailed scan, found out that babys head is smaller than the normal percentile and both my husband and i are quite worried. He suggested us to go for another scan but at KKH as price is much cheaper then private clinic.

Also, hes not the pushy type like all test need to take. He will only suggest us to take the test if its needed.

During my labour, opening of the cervix was a bit longer and he still gave some allowance time instead of just pushing you for c-sect.

Lucky cervix opened and managed to deliver my baby normal birth.

When im at the ward, he will come to check on me to make sure that im alright.

Im so glad that we get him as our gynae.
Could you please give some feedback about his fees? Any package available?

Hihi Little in Sg,
His fees are pretty reasonable. There is a package available. I suggest you call his clinic to check. Just say Jasmine recommended you. :)

My experience with Dr Tan was not a pleasant one. Long waiting time even with a fixed appt and he is not the type of doctors that will says encouraging words. The staffs are blur and unfriendly except for Gladys.

Maybe it’s just me but i will not opt for him again. There are better gynaecologist around.

Well, I guess it’s to each of his own. :) it’s always best to meet up and feel comfortable with the gynae you choose.

Our review for Dr Tan Kai Lit (Thomson Women's Medical, Toa Payoh):

We switched over to Dr Tan from another gynae also in TPY as we had grown frustrated with the lack of information from the gynae and the rude nurses there.

Dr Tan's clinic was a breath of fresh air and our first visit went so well (short wait, friendly nurses, and Dr Tan was both reassuring and helpful) that we stuck with him and signed a package that night.

We recommend Dr Tan as he is careful and doesn't take chances. Dr Tan was upfront with the potential risks involved for mummy and baby, and how the tests we were directed for would help.

He was caring and genuine, and even checked in on us during a PH, which was nice of him.

The actual birth was smooth and efficient, and Dr Tan wass good at stitching. Recovery was smooth with not too much pain.

Some things to note: waiting can get long sometimes, but at least the nurses are nice. Also, while Dr Tan is upfront with his information, you do need to be prepared with your questions.

I was recommended to Dr Tan by a friend and I had a very good experience with him throughout the whole pregnancy . He delivered my baby via Emergency C-Sect and only charged me once even though I also tried natural labour but couldn't get through it due to my baby's position(I heard some doctors will charge twice). I also benefit from his Covid -Package which is much more cheaper then others. It takes me ten years to have this baby and imagine how precious she is . I am glad that I made the great choice to have Dr Tan to be my Gynae. He is very friendly and can speak good Mandarin to communicate with his professionalism which always make me feel secure with every visit, he even answered my questions during his off day or weekends through his personal mobile which was very very responsible. what's more, Nurse Rose and Gladys are also very very helpful and nice to everyone, they make me feel warm like family members , especially thank Rose to helped me consulted Dr Tan for my medicine even after her working hours and thank Gladys to sent my cream even to my house. we HIGHLY recommend Dr Tan as your O&G doctor if you are searching for someone who you can fully trust throughout your pregnancy journey!!!

Back