1. We've compiled a list of frequently asked questions and their answers at http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/faq-on-using-the-new-forum.21478/
    Dismiss Notice

Recommendation for prenatal masseuse at home

Discussion in 'Year 2015 Mums' started by miniminmin, Jan 31, 2015.

1. lina24

lina24 New Member

Hi Happy~Mian,
    Oh u tried her too? Eh 450 not bad quite cheap for 7days. Mine gonna be csect. But dont think i cud wait til 3wks. D last time 2nd week alrdy cannot tahan aching n having wind all over. Thanks for the info!

2. anyagujraal

anyagujraal Member

Hi ladies thanks for sharing contact details.

3. Cass lee

Cass lee New Member

I highly recommend mdm layla. As her pressure are firm and spot on. Hers is not ur regular therapist but a professional one as she can point out muscles and she is upgrading her knowledge with lymphatic drainage which is best to remove water retention. The reason why I recommend her is that this is my 2nd pregnancy and for my 1st,she assisted me with breast engorgement and even came at 12am to help me! Imagine e agony and pain i have to go thru at night so helIm so indebted to her. Also, she is very passionate in her work and I feel her talent is best shared with u guys. she also bring along massage bed. U can call her n check her rates. 81575326. :)

mrsjuzaili, lina24 and miniminmin like this.
  4. lina24

lina24 New Member

Hi, what r her charges like for both prenatal n postnatal?

5. mrsjuzaili

mrsjuzaili New Member

Thanks so much for sharing - i think i will give her tinkle. ;-)

6. miniminmin

miniminmin Member

Hi lina, as cass mentioned, call her to know her rates. :)

lina24 likes this.
  7. Dia

Dia New Member

Hi..Any recommendations in Jurong West?

8. queenie08

queenie08 Member

Hey ladies how soon do u do your pre natal massages? I am reaching my 16 weeks and already feel some aches in my neck and back.
    Is it too soon to do?

9. miniminmin

miniminmin Member

Should be ok to do at 16 weeks already. U can call up the masseuse to double confirm

10. queenie08

queenie08 Member

Thanks Miniminmin

11. angbao

angbao New Member

I highly recommend my massage lady. She is thai and can speak English & Chinese.
    I just finished my post natal massage with her. Her massage package is uniquely catered for women after delivery.

It comprises of 7 steps:
    1) Full body massage (her massage skill is very good, makes your body relaxed & relieve aching from carrying baby)
    2) Hot stone massage
    3) Herb ball massage
    4) Steam sauna with Thai herb
    5) Body scrub
    6) Herbal bath
    7) Tummy wrap
    (Breast massage to loosen milk duct)

The whole process last for 3 to 4 hours, $150 per session. Initially I find her charges on the high side but after 5 days sessions, I never regret spending the money, I even extend another 5 more sessions.
    Each individual step has a benefit to recuperate our women's body after delivery.

She also does pre-natal massage, but I am not sure how are her charges for pre-natal. I really like her massage techniques, one of the best so far that I have tried.
    Very nice & friendly lady, you can call her hp to enquire more...
    Jang : 98429 7376

miniminmin likes this.
  12. muffin88

muffin88 New Member

I decided to give Enda a shot even though some reviews were not fantastic, but she let me down twice by not appearing.

The first time she at least messaged me to inform me that she won't be here and thereafter arranged another time slot with me for a make up session

The next time, and also will be my last, she completely ignored my messages when she was late, refused to pick up my calls and even don't even have the courtesy to call me back even though she was online on whatsapp.

Even though her services are at $40/hour, it is totally not worth it as she wasted 2 days of my time. I would rather pay more for someone more reliable.

miniminmin likes this.
  13. miniminmin

miniminmin Member

Just had shida for massage again. Asked her about post natal package. Her package provides massage, tummy binder with jamu cream and settle engorgement if necessary.

Package cost
    5 days - $350
    7 days - $450
    10 days - $650

14. iamnewmummy

iamnewmummy Member

Hi is the number you provided for Jang correct? The phone number seems to have an extra number.

15. iamnewmummy

iamnewmummy Member

Hi can you share the contact of your colleague's recommendation? Thanks

16. miniminmin

miniminmin Member

Shida 94361463

iamnewmummy likes this.
  17. angbao

angbao New Member

Sorry Jang's Hp is 8429 7376.

iamnewmummy likes this.
  18. dreamz86

dreamz86 Member

Can pm me her contact

19. miniminmin

miniminmin Member

I just had mdm layla for massage. Indeed i love her firm presses. However she did not bring a massage bed like u mentioned n did not provide anything to cover the bed. Luckily i had enough towels to cover so the bed is not gonna be oily. $70/hr, used to work in a spa, learnt her prenatal skills frm her grandma where the spa got her to do mostly prenatal massages. To compare, mdm layla had more firm presses, shida slightly a little lesser but still very comfortable for me. Both knew where my aching spots were at and worked well on it. Shida charges $10 lesser and prepares everything. Shida seems more busy, hard to arrange time with her. So personally for myself if i cant get shida, i will get mdm layla. :)

luvminguk likes this.
  20. luvminguk

luvminguk New Member

may i know when is the earliest that i can start doing pre-natal massage?

21. hippo78

hippo78 Active Member

2nd tri onwards as the pregnancy is more stable.

luvminguk likes this.
  22. miniminmin

miniminmin Member

Recommended 2nd trimester onwards. But different masseuse they start different weeks. So maybe can ask the masseuse u wanna get to advice.

luvminguk likes this.
  23. luvminguk

luvminguk New Member

Thank you, i am now week 12, guess i will wait awhile more before checking with the different massage ladies suggested. :)

24. miniminmin

miniminmin Member

Hi angbao, would like to check with u if jang would provide all the things needed for her services? Or do we need to prepare anything? Cos i see she got steam sauna den how do we do tt at our home?

25. Ahym

Ahym New Member

Hi, I have used a Malay lady for postnatal massage a few years back. I just recently asked her for prenatal massage (hehe am 36 weeks pregnant now) and get to know that she's having a home massage service company. The prenatal massage was a wonderful experience.

She just posted a promotion on the postnatal package and I have just signed up. Hehehe.. I prefer at least 90 mins per session. And actually the therapist is not very stingy on her time unless she has back to back appointment. She will normally provide more than 90 mins including the wrap. Something that I like....and btw, she's a certified therapist.

Website is luanatherapy.com

Hope this helps!!

luvminguk likes this.
  26. iamnewmummy

iamnewmummy Member

I tried Shida a strokes are firm but she didn't prepare anything for me like what another member mentioned here. No cloth to cover the bed sheet and no lights.

27. miniminmin

miniminmin Member

No cloth? I've nv encountered her without preparing anything. Shes always prepared. dim lights are from your own house.

28. iamnewmummy

iamnewmummy Member

When she come to your place for massage do you prepare anything such as towel or extra bedsheet?

29. miniminmin

miniminmin Member

no eh. I din hav to prepare anything. But that is prenatal la. Postnatal nv engage her

30. miniminmin

miniminmin Member

Oh dear. I think u better chase her n ask her to come. I engaged a masseuse called rose. She came everyday in e morning at 830. Brought her own massage bed and left it at my hse. Bind and wrap everyday except for last session. I had her for 10 sessions

mrsjuzaili likes this.
  31. miniminmin

miniminmin Member

Yeah man. Mine i had 2 days gap cos she couldnt slot in me on e frs day n second day i had to bring bb for check up. My masseuse is very punctual. Thankful for that. I always sleep thru her massages. If u intend to change, i can recommend. But first must settle this mdm layla n get back ur money if u intend to change.

32. Happybump

Happybump Member

I recommend auntie Emmy, a Malay massage lady I engaged for both post natal recoveries. Very professional, super friendly and hand pressure is great. I got problem like blocked ducts and stiff neck, all clear by her. Tummy also much smaller after the sessions. Her no: ‪9696 4578‬. Package is 500 for 7 sessions.

33. iamnewmummy

iamnewmummy Member

Oh then who did you use for post natal? Did u have to prepare anything for post natal?

34. miniminmin

miniminmin Member

I engaged a lady called rose. Introduced by my dad. No need to prepare anything. Rose 9673 2267

35. iamnewmummy

iamnewmummy Member

How do you find her? Is her stroke firmer then Shida or about the same?

36. miniminmin

miniminmin Member

She will ask if her strength is ok. I usually sleep during her massages cos too dead tired after a night of taking care of bb

37. iamnewmummy

iamnewmummy Member

Just to share with the rest here not to purchase from Baby Bellies. I bought the prenatal voucher from them during the baby fair but had difficulty reaching them. I tried calling them for one week but no one answer the call. I even message the hp number on their website but there was no reply even though the person has read the message.

Then I finally reach someone 2 days ago but have difficulty booking a massage slot. They say every weekend is fully booked and even when I try to book during weekday off peak hours but was also told it's fully booked. I got fed up and ask for refund then no one entertain me subsequently. So now I'm stranded and I will be going to CASE to file report.

Anyone else have similar experience as me?

38. miralyn

miralyn Member

Hi Minminmin,

Can u share hw r ur sessions w Rose?

Etc effectiveness; relieve ur tiredness and water retention/slim down? And package cost if u have the details...thks!

So ur 1st choice recommendation will be Rose since Shida u didn engage for postal massage rite?

39. miniminmin

miniminmin Member

I sleep through her sessions usually. Its a good break from fatigue of trying to adapt to a newborn and trying to wake up to latch bb in the middle of the night. Just that her ginger oil was too cold for me in the morning i had to ask her to switch to another oil. Her binder is tight and my tummy really slim down alot after 3 days. She brings her massage bed which makes her very professional. She will leave her massage bed in your house. She helps with engorgement too. I had quite a few engorgements becos i was too tired n slept thru e night without pumping and latching. She will give advices and also tells u whats happening to ur body. package cost is different depending on the number of sessions. U may want to check with her.

40. miralyn

miralyn Member

Thks Miniminmin!

groundpepper likes this.
  41. mrsjuzaili

mrsjuzaili New Member

Hi hi..

Just wanted to inform you ( although very late) that Mdm Layla actually explained to me why the gap was as such. More of healing of the wound so that my body is rested and well for the next session.

Guess I was just shocked. But she explained well.. hope your baby is well and growing.

42. miniminmin

miniminmin Member

Hi! My baby is growing well and good. I hope your body is recovering fine and baby is all ok too! I slimmed back fast. All those who saw me kept saying i slim down alot. Seemed to be skinnier than before. But my weight remains at pre preg. Still glad i slim though tummy still very flabby. so u engaged mdm layla for all sessions?

43. xygellehcim

xygellehcim New Member

Hi, able to pm me her contact. I stay in tampines

44. evie pascual

evie pascual New Member

hi, anyone interested to take over my pre/post natal massage at home? I left sg and relocated so can't do it anymore

45. xygellehcim

xygellehcim New Member

What package and how much?

46. evie pascual

evie pascual New Member

10X visits 3-4hrs per visit. 100 each time

47. tsy1980

tsy1980 New Member

you have her contact?

48. Relaxurmind

Relaxurmind Active Member

Hihi... can try diana@94793566.. she hd change her no.. ive tried her thrice... shes friendly n good eventhough shes young. Bt hv to make advance booking..:)

49. Carrielow

Carrielow New Member

Can I have her contact please?

50. Evey8

Evey8 New Member

Samsiah is ok but her timing is very bad. Always last min cancel. Post natal suppose to do 5 days sometimes only do 1 time. Will not recommend. Massage and call at times also nvr reply. Always asking u to buy things then keep chasing u to pay then sit on things. Ask me to buy something then one month nvr give.

51. Frankie Tong

Frankie Tong Member

Skeptical about Pregnancy Insurance?
    Not Sure Pregnancy Insurance is important?
    Which Pregnancy Insurance is the best in the market?

Let us share with you

Singapore motherhood have recently added this 'Prenatal Coverage for Pregnancy' in the home page, click the link to read more http://singaporemotherhood.com/axa-pregnancy-insurance-frankie/

ILP & NON ILP Included

and also click here to redeem your complimentary Baby Stroller Organiser http://singaporemotherhood.com/form/axa-pregnancy-insurance/

52. Evey8

Evey8 New Member

Just to share with u all. Please dont engage Samsiah. She is always full of excuse to cancel your appointment. Accident la, Leg pain la, urgent matters. I had known her for only abt 3 mths. She had dont know cancel how many times. Also depends on her she will MIA and not reply. Very bad. She will also always say so the massage so cheap where can u find any more. She is very fast when ask u to sign package or buy things. She will ms u every hour to ask for payment. promise u every thing but then when u ask then say cannot la and give u a lot of excuse. Pls beware....