Recommendation for prenatal masseuse at home

Hi there,

Am looking for prenatal masseuse to ease my stiff shoulders and lower back. Currently week 20. Any recommendations for home service? Please share contact and prices. Thanks all!

Hi..where do u stay? I have a malay lady masseuse..i find her quite good and she is gg to be doing the postnatal for me as well..

I booked with babiesbellies. Read some rave reviews about them online so that's how I made my decision to go with them.

Hi all..i have another masseuse that you guys can try out..she is willing to travel to any parts of Singapore..her rate is $40 an hr..

I tried her once and from my personal view she is quite good..knows where to concentrate more and where not to touch..

Omg..i forgot again to inform u guys that she only does prenatal for now..but u can check with her with regards to postnatal..

Sorry had to post separately..getting more and more forgetful..lol

Hi, has anyone engaged Enda's and Juliana's services. They are recommended in this thread, Would like to know ur review. can PM me if its easier. Thanks.

I jus engaged enda ytd. She was friendly but i felt that she was not as professional as another masseuse that my colleague recommended. She did not have anything to cover my bed so when she massage me in oil and i had to flip, my bedsheet is filled with oil stains. She was sure about where to apply pressure but i personally preferred more pressure. I did not ask her to apply more pressure cos i wanted to know what is her usual practice. I told her im having aches under my right shoulder blade. She kinda just rubbed it for about 5-10 minutes which i expected pressure instead.

The masseuse my colleague recommended had sarong for me to wrap, covered the bed in sarong, asked to turn on aircon at 24/25 degrees and set lot light for ambience. She used really fragrant oil and she applies just the right amt of pressure i need. She massages the bottom of my feet too which makes it really comfortable which enda did not.

I was more pleased with my colleague's recommendation as compared to enda. However if you are tight in budget or prefers light massages then you can try enda.

miniminmin is $60 per hr a market rate? yeah really tight budget here but tempted to try. also, is there any things to consider before engaging a pre natal massage?

miniminmin is $60 per hr a market rate? yeah really tight budget here but tempted to try. also, is there any things to consider before engaging a pre natal massage?
There are various rates around. Been looking on the web and most prenatal massages that i see online are slightly a little more costly ranging from $90 onwards. $40 is the cheapest that i've seen so far and recommended here. However, it wasnt to my liking.

I know prenatal massage would be better to start from second trimester and frequency depends on individual needs. I ache quite often but limit myself to once a week.

You may wanna ask your masseuse if there is anything they would like u to prepare. Some will need u to provide towel or mattress.

There are various rates around. Been looking on the web and most prenatal massages that i see online are slightly a little more costly ranging from $90 onwards. $40 is the cheapest that i've seen so far and recommended here. However, it wasnt to my liking.

I know prenatal massage would be better to start from second trimester and frequency depends on individual needs. I ache quite often but limit myself to once a week.

You may wanna ask your masseuse if there is anything they would like u to prepare. Some will need u to provide towel or mattress.

yeah i also ache very often and I'm just mid way of my journey..cannot image when i reach end of the 3rd trimester :( and no joke when the ache comes along...

yeah i also ache very often and I'm just mid way of my journey..cannot image when i reach end of the 3rd trimester :( and no joke when the ache comes along...
I started feeling the aches during the start of second trimester. Its always the same spot. Guess its my old injury. Calves and feet also very tired! Like standing on heels the whole day. However not the case. :(

I started feeling the aches during the start of second trimester. Its always the same spot. Guess its my old injury. Calves and feet also very tired! Like standing on heels the whole day. However not the case. :(
me too.. i also had aches starting 2nd trim and i was worried because it's so early and ppl often tell me it's only occur in the 3rd trim. :( i had the first ache attack on my old injury too which is the lower left back. then last wk it was on lower right back. and my pain is not sore and goes away. it affected my whole being. i end up having gastric and throw up. :(

me too.. i also had aches starting 2nd trim and i was worried because it's so early and ppl often tell me it's only occur in the 3rd trim. :( i had the first ache attack on my old injury too which is the lower left back. then last wk it was on lower right back. and my pain is not sore and goes away. it affected my whole being. i end up having gastric and throw up. :(
That sounds reli bad! I have aches whenever i sit at the cinema seats and sometimes in the car. Putting a pillow behind may help. But only sometimes. Doc says my bb is a little big, weighing 814g nw at 24 weeks. Prolly it could be one of the reasons why i feel achy too.

Hi..where do u stay? I have a malay lady masseuse..i find her quite good and she is gg to be doing the postnatal for me as well..

Hi, just came across this forum! Can you pm me the malay lady's contact for postnatal massage pls?
Thank you in advance.

Normally what is the best time of the day (morning/afternoon) for postnatal massage.. anybody have good advise? and can shower after that?

THanks.

My Malay masseuse Aunty Su is charging me $60/2hr in 2013. Dunno her rates got increase or not.
But she is pretty old already, not sure whether is she still working or not.
I hope to engage her again because she is super good in treating my engorgement.

That sounds reli bad! I have aches whenever i sit at the cinema seats and sometimes in the car. Putting a pillow behind may help. But only sometimes. Doc says my bb is a little big, weighing 814g nw at 24 weeks. Prolly it could be one of the reasons why i feel achy too.
minmin .. u are now in wk 24 and bb is 800++ g? is it bb boy? quite heavy! when i chl at wk 20, mine is only 300++g.... now im in 1st day of wk 23. i wonder if my bb will gain so much by then.

yeah my backache is bad :( im taking precautions not to anyhow move that might strain the back or the ligaments.

hippo78: ur masseuse is only doing postnatal massage? her rates seems ok for 2 hrs... but maybe pre natal no need so long hrs rite?

minmin .. u are now in wk 24 and bb is 800++ g? is it bb boy? quite heavy! when i chl at wk 20, mine is only 300++g.... now im in 1st day of wk 23. i wonder if my bb will gain so much by then.

yeah my backache is bad :( im taking precautions not to anyhow move that might strain the back or the ligaments.

hippo78: ur masseuse is only doing postnatal massage? her rates seems ok for 2 hrs... but maybe pre natal no need so long hrs rite?
Yes. Bb boy. Doc ask me dun take too much carbo if not hard to deliver. When i had my last week during week 18, bb only 300g. It grew pretty fast. I guess was also due to cny. :/ all the junk went to bb. Lol!

I think we need to occasionally do some stretching but cant too much.

anybody used mdm samsiah 92950064 before? any good advise what is the best time for massage? THanks.

thanks miniminmin! :) cannot shower till the next day after the massage yea? due to oil/cream applied?
Not sure about that but i usually shower first before the massage. So after massage i can rest well with the nice scent of the oil. Haha

I jus engaged enda ytd. She was friendly but i felt that she was not as professional as another masseuse that my colleague recommended. She did not have anything to cover my bed so when she massage me in oil and i had to flip, my bedsheet is filled with oil stains. She was sure about where to apply pressure but i personally preferred more pressure. I did not ask her to apply more pressure cos i wanted to know what is her usual practice. I told her im having aches under my right shoulder blade. She kinda just rubbed it for about 5-10 minutes which i expected pressure instead.

The masseuse my colleague recommended had sarong for me to wrap, covered the bed in sarong, asked to turn on aircon at 24/25 degrees and set lot light for ambience. She used really fragrant oil and she applies just the right amt of pressure i need. She massages the bottom of my feet too which makes it really comfortable which enda did not.

I was more pleased with my colleague's recommendation as compared to enda. However if you are tight in budget or prefers light massages then you can try enda.
Hi dear. Can you pm me her contact? Thanks.

shida didnt respond to my sms since weeks ago, not sure if she is still doing?
Hey Emily, I whatsapp Shida this morning and she replied quite fast! And i booked a slot this coming Sun! So happy as this will be my 1st prenatel massage and i really need one badly. hope she's good! :)

shida didnt respond to my sms since weeks ago, not sure if she is still doing?
Try calling or sms her again. Maybe busy then she forget. I did twice with her alr. Trying to book my 3rd appt but she did not reply me until the next day. I replied straight after she text me then i didnt receive her text again. After introducing her here and in another thread, i think got few more ladies asking for her service. More busy. Hahaha

Back