Recommendation for Phonics n Art enrichment (near Central)

hi,
anyone has recommendation for Phonics and also Art enrichment for 4 yo? Preferably near Central (eg Toa Payoh, Novena, town)

Any feedback on Ykidz at Toa Payoh Lor 6? They offer Creative Art n Montessori Phonics..but not sure if good.

my son goes to I Can Read for his phonics. He has shown vast improvement ever since joining in Jul 11.

Thanks.
Will try calling ICR (goldhill) again. Realised they are closed on mon, tues..so i wasnt able to chk more details (eg: fees, etc) wif them..

Hi mummies, I intend to send my boy (born in 2008) for some enrichment classes like phonics...
Any recommendations for location in the west?

Hi christine
I heard there is a MMI in the west that teaches intensive montessori phonics which last abt 11mths - you may wish to check it out.

Hi Milk bottle
I visited Ykidz at Toa Payoh Lor 6 last yr as i was looking ard for CC for my son - i like the spaciousness of the place, however thk u wil need to go for trial to see if its gd.
There is a genius learning hub and KRTC (Read-in-a-week) in Toa payoh - both teach phonics.

ICR has mixed reviews, some find it good, some dont - anyway u hv to just find one that your kid enjoys.

For art, Globalart has afew branches in your area - u can also chk them out.

Hi Amayotaok, thx for the comments!
I brought my son to Ykidz for assessmt. The tc who assessed is a chinese tc (which i find it strange), n err..she speaks abit broken english. Then i casually jus asked her if she is the one who's gonna teach the phonics class; she said no. And explained (perhaps she could see that i was wondering why was she the one assessing then) that 'becos she attended a course on montessori phonics, so she knows everything' (these were her exact words..).
But she is frenly n approachable. Anyway, eventually we didnt take up..

We went ICR 1st lesson.. seems ok n my son is able to participate.
I heard Lorna Whiston eng enrichmt (study ctr, not their speech n drama) is also gd? Any1 got comments on it?

Hi Amayotaok, thx for the comments!
I brought my son to Ykidz for assessmt. The tc who assessed is a chinese tc (which i find it strange), n err..she speaks abit broken english. Then i casually jus asked her if she is the one who's gonna teach the phonics class; she said no. And explained (perhaps she could see that i was wondering why was she the one assessing then) that 'becos she attended a course on montessori phonics, so she knows everything' (these were her exact words..).
But she is frenly n approachable. Anyway, eventually we didnt take up..

We went ICR 1st lesson.. seems ok n my son is able to participate.
I heard Lorna Whiston eng enrichmt (study ctr, not their speech n drama) is also gd? Any1 got comments on it?

Hi How are you?
I read you sent your kid for Phonics few years back. May I know which phonics school you ended up and how was it? Thanks lot! David

Back