Recommendation for gynae at KKH private

i am seeing dr tan heng hao. he is my ivf gynae and he is quite good, but very long wait. i heard he js very good at deliveries too but i dont have first hand experience. i am hoping to know also if he is pro natural.

i am seeing dr tan heng hao. he is my ivf gynae and he is quite good, but very long wait. i heard he js very good at deliveries too but i dont have first hand experience. i am hoping to know also if he is pro natural.
Hi, Dr THH is my IVF gynae too. May I know how closely is he following up on your pregnancy? The next appt I have is spaced 6 weeks after the last and it is too far apart for my comfort. So I am also going to a gynae at Gleneagles. I like Dr THH a lot but I feel like I cannot get the assurance I need from him. I would love to continue with him because I do like him and trust him a lot.
A colleague who has delivered under him said the checkups are spaced quite far apart and in her last trimester, she didn't need to go for weekly visits which I heard most gynaes would do. Not sure if it is because hers is a natural pregnancy...

Hi, Dr THH is my IVF gynae too. May I know how closely is he following up on your pregnancy? The next appt I have is spaced 6 weeks after the last and it is too far apart for my comfort. So I am also going to a gynae at Gleneagles. I like Dr THH a lot but I feel like I cannot get the assurance I need from him. I would love to continue with him because I do like him and trust him a lot.
A colleague who has delivered under him said the checkups are spaced quite far apart and in her last trimester, she didn't need to go for weekly visits which I heard most gynaes would do. Not sure if it is because hers is a natural pregnancy...

i am only 7wks bfp. first scan was 6wks and then second scan is two weeks from first scan. i am also not sure how far apart later on. i specifically chose him for my ivf as i have seen good reviews. happy that its a success. but inalso realise its a veryyyy long wait for him everytime lol. guess this is how it is if you choose a very senior and popular gynae. how many weeks or months are u now?

i am only 7wks bfp. first scan was 6wks and then second scan is two weeks from first scan. i am also not sure how far apart later on. i specifically chose him for my ivf as i have seen good reviews. happy that its a success. but inalso realise its a veryyyy long wait for him everytime lol. guess this is how it is if you choose a very senior and popular gynae. how many weeks or months are u now?
I'm reaching 11 weeks....It's odd; I have never encountered very long queues for Dr Tan HH. Maybe because relative to other gynae I have visited, his queues are the shortest. I had waited 3 hours once for SF Loh at TMC.

I'm reaching 11 weeks....It's odd; I have never encountered very long queues for Dr Tan HH. Maybe because relative to other gynae I have visited, his queues are the shortest. I had waited 3 hours once for SF Loh at TMC.

ahhh. my longest is three and a half hours. he had to go for two procedures. shortest also one and a half hours during my embryo transfer. last sat 2 and a half hours... on a sat neh!

I'll be seeing him end of August! Not quite sure about him to be honest. Pls share your experience. Thankees so muchie!
Hi, I just visited Dr Khoo. It's an hr plus wait. Dr Khoo is very friendly and assuring. You can ask many questions and he will answer you though he speaks very very fast! My next visit with him is Nov...

Hi, I just visited Dr Khoo. It's an hr plus wait. Dr Khoo is very friendly and assuring. You can ask many questions and he will answer you though he speaks very very fast! My next visit with him is Nov...

Thanks for sharing!!!
So is it true that we will have to go from AMC dept for scan then wait for review with Dr Khoo kinda thing? Or is everything done within the clinic?

Thanks for sharing!!!
So is it true that we will have to go from AMC dept for scan then wait for review with Dr Khoo kinda thing? Or is everything done within the clinic?
Yes, you are right. Got to go AMC first for scan, going to dr Khoo is only review. It's my first time at KK and the hassle part is I got to go here and there for scan, making Appts. Gonna digest my upcoming various appts at KK.

Yes, you are right. Got to go AMC first for scan, going to dr Khoo is only review. It's my first time at KK and the hassle part is I got to go here and there for scan, making Appts. Gonna digest my upcoming various appts at KK.

Arrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhh! That's such a hassle!
Me opt for Saturday. Hopefully the q won't be that bad. So all in all, u spent about 1+ hours in KKH or just waiting to see Doctor is 1+ hr?

Arrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhh! That's such a hassle!
Me opt for Saturday. Hopefully the q won't be that bad. So all in all, u spent about 1+ hours in KKH or just waiting to see Doctor is 1+ hr?
Waiting to see doc is 1hr plus. After that, pharmacy and making payment is another wait separately. Then scan is another wait~~

Hmmm.... Then perhaps need to strategize. Get hubby to q for doctor while I q for scan ... Heehee... workable u think??
Hmmm.... Then perhaps need to strategize. Get hubby to q for doctor while I q for scan ... Heehee... workable u think??
U got a good idea! I was sharing with my hubby too. It's better for you to go clinic to check if you can do so cuz our queue number is our NRIC last 4digit. Haha!

Hi Spaniel, after my 8 week scan, the next one is 6 weeks too. which is the 14 week scan. do u know how often wld kk ask after 14 wks?

Hi Spaniel, after my 8 week scan, the next one is 6 weeks too. which is the 14 week scan. do u know how often wld kk ask after 14 wks?

Hi Beivied, I will be seeing Dr Tan HH for week 14 this Sat. I will check with him and let you know. In between your appointments, do you have the FTS scans arranged?

Hi Beivied, I will be seeing Dr Tan HH for week 14 this Sat. I will check with him and let you know. In between your appointments, do you have the FTS scans arranged?

thank u :)

u mean down syndrome test? i just went to do blood test this morning, and will do the ultrasound three weeks later

Hi, im new here. Can i check, if successful ivf done by dr tan hh, n due to long waits & appt date, can swop to another gynae? Is it advisible? Cos its ivf.. Unlike naturally concieve case, is it advisable if halfway through hop to another gynae for preg follow up checks?

Hi, im new here. Can i check, if successful ivf done by dr tan hh, n due to long waits & appt date, can swop to another gynae? Is it advisible? Cos its ivf.. Unlike naturally concieve case, is it advisable if halfway through hop to another gynae for preg follow up checks?
Hi,
Usually it's ok to change to other gynae past first trimester when the pregnancy is more stablised. Dr Tan will actually ask u if you are going to switch to other drs past week 14. I stayed on with him for my first pregnancy. I did consider seeing another gynae as it was v difficult to get an appt to see him.

Hi,
Usually it's ok to change to other gynae past first trimester when the pregnancy is more stablised. Dr Tan will actually ask u if you are going to switch to other drs past week 14. I stayed on with him for my first pregnancy. I did consider seeing another gynae as it was v difficult to get an appt to see him.

I see.... thanks for the info. Actually i've my own private gynae.. just that the private rate for IVF is way too exp.. so no chioce but to switch to kkh for help... so was thinking if successful, i might wish to swop to my private gynae for preg follow up checks...

Hi, anyone had any experience with a private female gynae in kkh? If yes, can also advise on the charges for checkups and delivery? My past pregnancies are with a private gynae from MT A but because the rates increased by 2.5times, i thought of switching to kkh private this time round. Greatly Appreciate any reply! Thanks.

I see.... thanks for the info. Actually i've my own private gynae.. just that the private rate for IVF is way too exp.. so no chioce but to switch to kkh for help... so was thinking if successful, i might wish to swop to my private gynae for preg follow up checks...

I'm in the exact same situation. Now in between my appointments at KK, I see my own private gynae. My private gynae is aware of my situation and he knows I am getting tests done at KK. He just asked me to share the results of the test with him. I wonder at which stage I would have to make a definitive decision.

Hi Beivied, Dr Tan said generally after 14 weeks, the checkups would be once a month. When you reach the 3rd trimester, the checkups would be closer maybe like once every 2-3 weeks and closer to EDD, probably once a week. Though this is case dependent. If pregnancy becomes high risk, then checkups would be scheduled tighter. He did say if I want checkups to be scheduled tighter, I can let him know and that can be arranged.

Now I am more inclined to stay with Dr Tan than my private gynae....

Can anyone recommend gynae at kkh private and their fees? Thanks!
I'm seeing prof Han how Chuan in kkh, head of urogynae. I've been seeing him for UTI, YEAST INFECTION, now pregnant. He's a patient person who will spend time to reply n explain any doubt. My visit yesterday for routine check,scan and collection of folic acid cost abt $150

Hi Beivied, Dr Tan said generally after 14 weeks, the checkups would be once a month. When you reach the 3rd trimester, the checkups would be closer maybe like once every 2-3 weeks and closer to EDD, probably once a week. Though this is case dependent. If pregnancy becomes high risk, then checkups would be scheduled tighter. He did say if I want checkups to be scheduled tighter, I can let him know and that can be arranged.

Now I am more inclined to stay with Dr Tan than my private gynae....

thanks!! yeah i am a bit undecided but largely because KKH doesnt have package for prenatal scan. I think a good gynae anywhere is long queue. Additionally for Dr Tan, he is not always in the clinic, some days its not clinic day for him at all. So if I have some issue and go in, I may have to see the 24 hrs OG at private rate instead of him, which happen twice alrdy. And also you cant just call in and ask for his time

I'm seeing prof Han how Chuan in kkh, head of urogynae. I've been seeing him for UTI, YEAST INFECTION, now pregnant. He's a patient person who will spend time to reply n explain any doubt. My visit yesterday for routine check,scan and collection of folic acid cost abt $150
Hi $Abby fyi i always have uti and yeast problem too. I went to see eu yan sang for my fertility problem, the sinseh added treatment for my UTI. from then on I have never had issues. U may want to try out Xia Rong sinseh from Eu Yan Sang Paragon.

thanks!! yeah i am a bit undecided but largely because KKH doesnt have package for prenatal scan. I think a good gynae anywhere is long queue. Additionally for Dr Tan, he is not always in the clinic, some days its not clinic day for him at all. So if I have some issue and go in, I may have to see the 24 hrs OG at private rate instead of him, which happen twice alrdy. And also you cant just call in and ask for his time

That's my concern too. However, when I had an emergency, my private gynae was out of town, I went to O&G 24 hrs clinic at KK instead of getting the backup doc for my private gynae. Reason being at least KK has my records.

Once, very early on, I had very strong cramps and got worried. I decided to drop by clinic D and his nurse got me an appt to see him on the same day. So he could accommodate seeing you, just that waiting time could be long.

Do you know which days are non clinic day for Dr Tan HH? I always see him on Sat but since I'm paying private rate, it would be nice to see him at the Private Suite :p

That's my concern too. However, when I had an emergency, my private gynae was out of town, I went to O&G 24 hrs clinic at KK instead of getting the backup doc for my private gynae. Reason being at least KK has my records.

Once, very early on, I had very strong cramps and got worried. I decided to drop by clinic D and his nurse got me an appt to see him on the same day. So he could accommodate seeing you, just that waiting time could be long.

Do you know which days are non clinic day for Dr Tan HH? I always see him on Sat but since I'm paying private rate, it would be nice to see him at the Private Suite :p

it was on a monday that the nurse told me its not his clinic day. but i am not sure is it a fixed day or not.
how to get to go private suite?
btw i dun see dr tan's name in this list? does he only deliver for his ivf patients?
https://www.kkh.com.sg/Services/Women/ObstetricsAndGynaecology/Pages/Home.aspx

it was on a monday that the nurse told me its not his clinic day. but i am not sure is it a fixed day or not.
how to get to go private suite?
btw i dun see dr tan's name in this list? does he only deliver for his ivf patients?
https://www.kkh.com.sg/Services/Women/ObstetricsAndGynaecology/Pages/Home.aspx

I think appointments on some days/timings are at The Private Suite. My colleague had a few visits at the Private Suite with him.
My colleague did not do IVF but was consulting him on fertility issues and her baby was delivered by him. His name is in the KKIVF Section.

No, I didn't ask about his fees.

I think appointments on some days/timings are at The Private Suite. My colleague had a few visits at the Private Suite with him.
My colleague did not do IVF but was consulting him on fertility issues and her baby was delivered by him. His name is in the KKIVF Section.

No, I didn't ask about his fees.
i have squeezed in an appt on my going to 12 week haha. dr tan's assistant is puzzled why i wanna do one more scan before week 14 when i hv no pain or bleeding. but i just feel uncomfortable esp when i hv no morning sickness at all, now no longer as easily tired and too early to use kicking to tell also. lol.

i guess i will stick with dr tan ba. although kkh has no prenatal package which makes it expensive esp on private rate, i think overall including delivery, it shld be still cheaper than private hospitals? kkh very hard to find out like dr tan's delivery fees etc.

i have squeezed in an appt on my going to 12 week haha. dr tan's assistant is puzzled why i wanna do one more scan before week 14 when i hv no pain or bleeding. but i just feel uncomfortable esp when i hv no morning sickness at all, now no longer as easily tired and too early to use kicking to tell also. lol.

i guess i will stick with dr tan ba. although kkh has no prenatal package which makes it expensive esp on private rate, i think overall including delivery, it shld be still cheaper than private hospitals? kkh very hard to find out like dr tan's delivery fees etc.

I think it depends on which private hospital you want to go to. KK's private rates can be more expensive than or on par with some private hospitals. My alternative is Gleneagles and it seems any other hospital would be cheaper than Gleneagles. You can check MOH's website for the estimated bill size.

I'm leaning towards Dr Tan mainly because of sentimental reasons for KKH. Both hubby and I were born there and I thought it would be nice for our baby to be born there too. And Dr Tan played a big part in helping us conceive. If I do choose KK over my private gynae, I wonder if I have to inform my gynae. Hope he won't be too upset with me!

I think it depends on which private hospital you want to go to. KK's private rates can be more expensive than or on par with some private hospitals. My alternative is Gleneagles and it seems any other hospital would be cheaper than Gleneagles. You can check MOH's website for the estimated bill size.

I'm leaning towards Dr Tan mainly because of sentimental reasons for KKH. Both hubby and I were born there and I thought it would be nice for our baby to be born there too. And Dr Tan played a big part in helping us conceive. If I do choose KK over my private gynae, I wonder if I have to inform my gynae. Hope he won't be too upset with me!

i just went for my appt yesterday evening... at the private suite. according to dr tan, it will be at the private suite on weekday afternoons and evenings :)

i just went for my appt yesterday evening... at the private suite. according to dr tan, it will be at the private suite on weekday afternoons and evenings :)

Any difference in terms of waiting time and consultation at Private Suite vs Clinic D?
Do you know if Dr Tan has clinics everyday?

Any difference in terms of waiting time and consultation at Private Suite vs Clinic D?
surprisingly i got to see him in 20 min, and i was out of the clinic in an hour. medicine is also dispensed at same counter hence dont need to go pharmacy . although i think i was lucky to finish in an hour, but there would be the difference there is no ivf patients (only preggie ones i think). so maybe a bit less patients to queue? i think he has non clinic days, but i dunno which days. the next two appts i have booked him on tuesdays.

surprisingly i got to see him in 20 min, and i was out of the clinic in an hour. medicine is also dispensed at same counter hence dont need to go pharmacy . although i think i was lucky to finish in an hour, but there would be the difference there is no ivf patients (only preggie ones i think). so maybe a bit less patients to queue? i think he has non clinic days, but i dunno which days. the next two appts i have booked him on tuesdays.
Being able to collect the meds at the counter is so much more convenient! Would you happen to know his evening clinic hours?

Dr Tan sees patients at clinic L (TPS) on Tuesdays afternoon. My appointments for my first pregnancy at TPS used to be only on Tuesday afternoons. For his pregnant patients beyond week 14, I think he'll try to arrange for appointments at TPS. I only had to go back to clinic D for my week 39 check up then. Cos they couldn't give me an appt on Tues which was a PH.

Dr Tan sees patients at clinic L (TPS) on Tuesdays afternoon. My appointments for my first pregnancy at TPS used to be only on Tuesday afternoons. For his pregnant patients beyond week 14, I think he'll try to arrange for appointments at TPS. I only had to go back to clinic D for my week 39 check up then. Cos they couldn't give me an appt on Tues which was a PH.
haha really? my last appt and next two appts are all Tuesdays!

Hi i thought dr tan only see his ivf preg patients. Im not sure if he see any newcomer which is preg.

I think it's part of the delivery package.
https://www.kkh.com.sg/services/women/maternityservices/Pages/Home.aspx
When dr Tan helped to deliver my firstborn, I paid for the delivery package before I gave birth and I only had to top up a bit after delivery as there were some complications during the delivery.

its not inclusive

"Delivery Packages are not all-inclusive. Doctor's professional fees, non-standard services, items in excess of package inclusion and all neonatal-related charges are not included. All other procedures and investigations that are not included in the package will be charged based on usage."

its not inclusive

"Delivery Packages are not all-inclusive. Doctor's professional fees, non-standard services, items in excess of package inclusion and all neonatal-related charges are not included. All other procedures and investigations that are not included in the package will be charged based on usage."

I checked my bill for my last delivery in Feb 2016. The delivery charge was $1350. I'm not sure if that's the doctor's fee.

Back