Recommendation for female gynae at Mount Alvernia

Hi , I used to think Dr Goh Shen Li is gd too.but it seems her competence is only limited to normal smooth pregnancies.If anything unexpected crops up , her skills are clearly lacking. When you asked her questions ,the answers are usually vague or I’m not sure.It would be better to look for one that is more competent.

Hi , I used to think Dr Goh Shen Li is gd too.but it seems her competence is only limited to normal smooth pregnancies.If anything unexpected crops up , her skills are clearly lacking. When you asked her questions ,the answers are usually vague or I’m not sure.It would be better to look for one that is more competent.
Oh.. I don’t feel so as she took me through my high risk pregnancy after miscarriage and 2 of my sister in law’s high risk pregnancies. She attended to all emergencies and even came down in the middle of the night to attend to us. To me she is a very cautious gynae. Guess it’s an isolated case for you. And in terms of competence, she was the deputy head of O&G at KKH and I personally feel her skills and bedside manners are excellent. I was ever late for my appointment and knowing that I was high risk, she re-opened her clinic during lunch time and took time to scan my baby and explain whatever needed :) amazing gynae who is really genuine and kind. When I suffered from a miscarriage, she even kindly returned me the cost of my full package and empathised with me. Even called up to check how I was doing post MC. Very thoughtful of her.

Last edited:
Oh.. I don’t feel so as she took me through my high risk pregnancy after miscarriage and 2 of my sister in law’s high risk pregnancies. She attended to all emergencies and even came down in the middle of the night to attend to us. To me she is a very cautious gynae. Guess it’s an isolated case for you. And in terms of competence, she was the deputy head of O&G at KKH and I personally feel her skills and bedside manners are excellent. I was ever late for my appointment and knowing that I was high risk, she re-opened her clinic during lunch time and took time to scan my baby and explain whatever needed :) amazing gynae who is really genuine and kind. When I suffered from a miscarriage, she even kindly returned me the cost of my full package and empathised with me. Even called up to check how I was doing post MC. Very thoughtful of her.

She called up personally herself to check on you or tell her clinic nurse to do so?

She called up personally herself to check on you or tell her clinic nurse to do so?

Her clinic nurse called me after which she took over and spoke to me when I was hospitalised for my MC. also when my SIL was seeing her for her 2nd preg, she would ask about me and encouraged me to try again. So yup, that’s just my opinion of her, that she is really kind and pleasant. Appreciate her for that :)

Back