Questions about Divorce & Custody

No problem WhiteClover.
By the way, just because you can do all 3 applications at the same time, doesn't mean that you should. It all depends on the facts of your family situation and your finances. Sometimes, it is better strategy to do the applications in steps. Sometimes your strategy has to change because the situation changes. Dont be afraid of this and dont be afraid to question your lawyer if you are not certain about anything.

Good luck to you.

Hi, what if he wants to work from home and his mum already quit her job. And his dad also.
Then now he attacked me saying i work full time and my parents old with various medical conditions!
sad.gif

hihi everyone i gt some problem nw wish to seek for advice and help...i wish to file for divorce w my hubby who is a malaysian but i cant coz my marriage havent reached 3yrs yet but my hubby had alrdy moved out from my hse..i hav been staying w my mom since we gt married coz no $ to buy a hse and he is nt a PR yet..nw i am juz waiting for the time to reach thn file for divorce w him but the main concern nw is he kept on cum n pester n even recently he threaten n say wil cum n tk away my gal bk to malaysia by force even i dun agree on his father dead anniversary.

so juz wonder can i apply for temp custody of my gal?wat procedure i need to do?do i need to go through a lawyer??

hope to receive gd advice asap..thks..

if possible can pm email mi at tis add [email protected] i seldom cum in thks..

Dear Friends,

I am not really going thru Divorce yet but really wanted to go ahead with it...
My story is quite confusing so perhaps i leave it to another day...

Why i am here is i really need sound advice regarding custody.
I hv a note hinting my wife do not want the custody of the kids, can i use this note as evidence to get full custody ?

Below are the EXACT words from the note -

"i hope tat u can think over wat i had mentioned earlier, about the separation/divorce letter. i hope we can settle things nicely. i do not wish to let this thing turn out ugly, so to benefit the kids. <u>as for the kids, i m willing to let u have them, since u wan them. but i will greatly appreciate if u could let me visit them often and bring them over to my place once a week, maybe overnight. </u>Well, I strongly believe u can take care of them so much better dan i do, esp i hav a very bad temper.

I also strongly believe, by signing the letter will benefit us and will be much much better for us to face each other again."

So friends, do you think i can get custody based on the bold and underlined statement ?

if after 3 years, no consent from the other party to divorce, just need to wait another years without consent to get a divorce.

I am a divorcee with joint custody and care and control of my 2 children one coming to age 8 this sept and the other will be 11 this August , we are all Singapore citizens , my ex is a Malaysian but holding a pr and he is already married to a prc , his mother has recently pass away and he actually wanted to bring the kids to Msia for the funeral but my kids had refuse to go due to unhappy experiences the last time she was there when my ex mother still alive , so he had actually told my eldest child that if they don't go , he will go fight for the custody and make them stay with him and my child is very afraid now that it will really happen , if he really fight for this , will he win as now he is already married but he is staying in Malaysia , and the kids are schooling here , what are the chances of him winning this ?

Help needed : At what age care and control ends? My children wants to live with me rather than his mother. They are 11 and 14. What can i do?

Help needed : At what age care and control ends? My children wants to live with me rather than his mother. They are 11 and 14. What can i do?

I think if not wrong, at the age of 18 or 21. Can't really remember.
Till then, you can file for custody, and if your child wants to be with you, judge can make the call for it
Of course, most of the time, the other party may fight as well. So have to see the final judgement at the end still

Back