Pyjamas for Hospital Stay

florjoe

Dear all moms,

Can I know where to get pyjamas for my stay in hospital?

As I am giving birth in TMC which I need to prepare one to two sets of pyjamas however I don't own any pyjamas as I always wear t-shirt and shorts at home.

Please give me your advice. Thanks.

Hi I am interested to know where to get too, especially if must do breastfeeding with front opening. Any contacts to share?

Can always try at Suntec - Carrefour. Sometimes got good buys and very nice design too... less than $20 for one nice pyjamas dress...
happy.gif

Hi but would pyjamas dress be suitable for breastfeeding? Cos I heard must have those front opening...

Hi,
I brought my nursing nightie from Moms in Mind. Good for hospital stay but found the material a bit warm if not in air-con room. Easy to BF and dress more convenient than pants when going toilet. Choose a darker shade.:p

My wife bought hers from the neighbourhood shop... its for the hospital/home so no need to be stylo-mylo - it was $10 for 2 sets... short- and long-sleeve, 2 piece and front opening and cotton - so not warm or sticky. Most HDB town / neighbourhood and precinct centres will have one such shop.
Or you can get your hubby to get you a silk one... hehe.. just make sure it has an opening infront for easy breastfeeding and changing.

Hi,

I bought my PJ at a shop at AMK central...opp the coffee shop that sells Tip top curry puffs. it's a shop that sells undergarment n PJ. they have both pants n dress type...ranging from $15-$30+. Design quite ok...not very aunty type.

My colleague got me a button front PJ dress at Pasar Malam yesterday. $6/- per dress and come in one free size only. According to her there are a lot of designs.

The Pasar Malam is located beside Khatib MRT station for your info.

I got mine from John Little and OG. The brand is Karmy. They have large sizes and many designs. Material is very comfortable too. Cost S$15-$20.

Hi ladies,

You can try Chinatown also. The market beside OG. I think 2nd or 3rd level they got a few shops that sell pyjamas that shouldn't be too ex. Based on my personal experience, I bought 2 types of PJs, 1 is the pants and button down top. The other kind is like a dress kind all the way to ankles or calf. And its also button down all the way.

Based on my own experience after delivery I find the dress with the front button down is most useful, I had natural delivery so stitches were quite painful during 1st few days. So if you wear pants, have to bend down pull up ur pants can be quite taxing. Whereas if its a dress, you can just pull up. Then button down easy for breastfeed also.

But I only wear it during hosp stay, once I reach home its t-shirt and shorts for me. I don't normally wear PJs.

Also buy something more "presentable" for hospital stay cos alot of relatives/friends will come and visit, and I also had to wear it while walking around the hospital to take my baby to my room or to attend the post natal classes conducted by hospital.

karmy pjs are good. Can find them at Metro or Robinsons. Can try CK shops too.... I found one for only $6.90......

Bringing one robe to wear on top of PJs to be bit more 'presentable' when I need to walk around or attend the bf/ bath classes during hospital stay.

hi

i overbought, have 2 sets washed but not worn to sell. $5 per set. one is a yellow dress with front bottons. the other is a pink short sleeve top with pants - front buttons. interested pls pm me for pic. collection at bt panjang or toa payoh or by post.

i could not help but see this thread. i also overbought but will keep them all
happy.gif
i have a white cotton 'dress' kind with button down front, $16 from people's park complex, 2nd floor.

also got a silk 2-piece pant set from chinatown market (near food street/smith street) at $12+ i think.

and my hubby got me a set of 2 sleeveless dresses, button down front, from mothercare. price unsure but i don't think it's cheap.

a bit of advice - try to wear them at home for a few times just to see if they are comfy before bringing to hospital
happy.gif

hi can i jus chk if its necessary to get pyjamas for breastfeeding in hospital? i don hv habit of wearing pyjamas.. thks

I also didn't have a habit of wearing PJs, but I think in the hospital its useful cos u can just unbutton the first few buttons when you want to breastfeed. If you are wearing a T-shirt, then you need to lift up your own shirt which is kind of difficult.

I bought mine from this shop at Bukit Timah Shopping Centre, 2nd floor, 2 sets with front opening for S$15.

Hi trx,

I thk the dress kind may be better. Coz after birth, gotta wear the maternity pad...so wearing pants may be more troublesome. Also, for people who undergo C-section, having the pants elastic band may not be comfortable.

Make sure it's the button in front kind.

i wore a kimono. i think this is a good choice if u are going thru c-sect. i went thru elective c-sect so the waist elastic on the pants won't press against the wound. also it was easier to open up to breastfeed.
happy.gif

Anything loose, comfy and don't need straining to put on is good. I simply wore my hb's shirt and night-shirt + drawstring pants.

Just to share. There's a shop at East Point mall (simei mrt) selling dress PJ at only $7.90. Chinatown selling the same at $12.90.

If you dun mind those cartoons print, it's quite a value buy n super comfy.

Hi ladies,
I had also the same problem then my husband give me a Star series pyjamas and after using it i feel significantly better.
Star Series Pyjamas Ladies regulates bioelectrical current disturbance and blood circulation throughout the body. It reduces muscle fatigue when the wearer is about to sleep, which leads to a deep and sound relaxation.
You can bought it at online shop (store.phitensg.com).

Back