Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

Gigi, pneumothorax due to high stress? Mayb im too stressed up after 2 failed ivf. Mayb its body's way of telling me tat. But im not a smoker & dun have any lung infection/trauma. Even doc cant state why it happened. Juz diagnosed as spontaneous pneumothorax..

Nervous_babe, im much better now but still cant discharge yet. My collapsed lung not yet return to its norm size. Haiz..agreed tat u shd take it slow & monitor for any side effects. Im juz unlucky to kena this as side effect. I rather have hair loss than this..

@nervous babe _ 5 weeks (or 4.5?) for hair loss yes but i had other side effects before (go through previous posts i started 18 october i beleive)

@syrian i just checked quickly yesterday - don't take for granted i dont know you know am not a doctor trust your doctors they dont know it means they dont know - but yes right am lucky hair loss is nothing compared to this :(

Ladies, managed to get appointmemt for endo scratc on 16 dec which is my D22. Is therr any sister here able to share the cost roughly for endo scratching?

Hi, does anyone know the benefits to immunocol? Are they the same as egg whites? Are there any sisters here who took immunocol during stimming and had better results??

Gigi the watson sale will be until 02nd dec, but during sale sometimes this conceive well often sold out.

Mesara my cycle will be in january and I will start nor e on 12/12.
On top of conceive well, I have been taking vit e, folic acid, vit d3 (coz I have pcos), maca, sometimes royal jelly and herbal medicine from china town tcm
Straw u going tcm??

Mesara initially tcm told me that I have cold womb coz my pulse are deep and slow, so I went acu for about 12 times at makuang and try dr zou about 3 times too but the waiting time at dr zou is really long, and since my condition improve, I stop my acu but I am thinking to start again as my cycle will be in january but I have not decide which tcm I should go for acu quite difficult to decide. In the other hand I take the herbal medicine from china town tcm because she doesnt do acu and I prefer brewed medicine than powder or pills.

How is your experience with dr zhu? Is she good? How abt the waiting time?

Straw dr zhu is good. But no medicine for me as I started nor e before first session. U make appt n go no need to wait. I prefer this way as am working and really cant waste time waiting. She said the week before ivf go daily n the after er once I think

Syrian hope you have been discharged and recovering fine.

Bb blues during stim shud start protein intake is it?? Will start stim next wee. Having cold feet.

Bb blues, any diff to immunocol and egg whites? Which is better?

Mesara, cycling in feb, at KKH this time

Mesara my nor e is 12 days and suppose to start stim on 28 dec.
When you said you scared, I became panic and feel scared too. But then I think again all the sister here passed that phase well and everything is fine, so you should be fine too.

Dun worry, one step at a time and keep praying all goes well.

Hi ladies! I'm starting my nor-e on Dec 14 and stimulation on Dec 28. Not afraid of going through the process and all the injections & medications, but I'm afraid of only one thing.... afraid that I might not even cross the first hurdle which is ER, coz I have extremely low ovarian reserves and not sure if there are eggs for retrieval and even if there are, could be minimal and not even sure if they will survive till ET.

But I'm always telling myself that things happened for a reason and if it has to happen, it will happen, so no point worrying over something that has not happened yet...
wow... sounds like tongue-twister... lol

To all the ladies who are starting your cycle soon, relax your mind and make full use of the last lap to build up your body system. As a matter of fact, being stressful will not do you any good. good luck to all of you & myself!

Hi babygrin
I am also very low ovarian reserve i start ivf #2 in january
Thanks for your kind message - soooo true! All the best !

Syrian hope you have been discharged and recovering fine.

Bb blues during stim shud start protein intake is it?? Will start stim next wee. Having cold feet.
Yes, you can start taking protein during stim to promote follicle growth. Don't worry too much, just go with the flow. Just follow dr and nurse instruction and before you know it, you will be in your 2ww. :)

hi 2 weeks but today light spotting so af are early :( am always hoping to strike naturally...
are u still on dhea? i still take 25mg

Bb blues, any diff to immunocol and egg whites? Which is better?

Mesara, cycling in feb, at KKH this time
tsf, not sure which is better but egg white is definitely cheaper. If not wrong, most of the ladies here take 2-3 egg whites per day during stim. If you sick of egg white, then take immunocal, think 1 pkt of immunocal is equivalent to 3 egg whites.

hi 2 weeks but today light spotting so af are early :( am always hoping to strike naturally...
are u still on dhea? i still take 25mg
Yup, me still taking dhea. I tried 75 mg for a few days then decided not to overdose myself so I am now back to 50mg. So you ok with 25mg, no side effects?

Hi ladies, im back! Sorry been MIA for quite some time. Just discharged last mon. I went thro VATS op during my stay. All becoz my lung is still leaking air & condition not resolving via chest tube suction. Opted for surgery (keyhole) last sat.

Doc found some endo bits on my diaphram, scrap it & stitched tat area. They also removed some defective parts of lung & stapled them. Staples will be in me permanently. Was told tat lungs do not regenerate after surgery. Hmm so i have an "incomplete" right lung..

Doc diagnose my condition as pneumothorax. Scary huh..my endo actually travelled frm pelvic cavity till lungs. Once attached there, it will cause lung to be defective. So partly tats wat happens lah..

Recovering well at home. Given 1 mth HL. Told hb tat surely my workplace angry wif me. Took so many HL this year. Lap op in feb, ivf in june & oct & now this. :( Bad year for me..hope 2014 will be a better year for us all..

Hi syrian
Oh dear rest well... Health shall be your priority now you ve been through all this now rest And enjoy hubby only
Take care gigi

Poor Syrian. Scary that the endo can travel up to the lungs! Do take care and rest well.
Don't worry, 2014 will be a good year for all of us!

Oh Syrian, hope you get well soon! Rest well okay? ~hugz~ and try not to worry about workplace. Health is more important!

Hi ladies, thanks for the well wishes..am recovering well at home. My AF this round is not tat heavy. Today is 3rd day but its seems like its almost over. Weird. Wonder why. Cycle is longer now too. All messed up. Anyone encountered this before?

morning ladies.. its been awhile to come in here...
syrian, please take care okie?
hope everyone is doing great!

Bb_blues, Gigi : do you have dr loh's email add? Emailed him last wk at the tfc main email add but no reply frm him yet. Wanna ask him if my condition is related to dhea intake..

Ladies, tmr is my post ivf review wif prof. Duno wat to ask him. Anyone ask him for official report of the ivf results? Thought of asking him for mine. Brief summary of all that happens..

Hi syrian sorry just saw your message
I ll pm you the email Tom morning but anyway give a call its much much better
For Wong yes i had a 1 page report its good i feel to have a summary
For Loh definitely call go ask

Take care i pm you details tomorrow
Gigi

Sisters I started stim on monday. Wat us ideal e2 level on Day 2? I went thru af hell of pain. Took many jabs n painkillers. Wonder if affect egg quality n quantity.

Sisterd how to take egg whites n immonucoal buy the ready made or make self better?

Syrian, think is better for you to make an appt to see Dr Loh so he can give a better assessment. How was your review with Prof? Did you tell him you were hospitalised? Did he suggest what protocol for your next round?

mesara, i usually cook hard boiled eggs as the whites can be easily separated from the yolk. Another way is to cook soft-boiled, ya-kun style.
As for immunocal, I don't think there is self-made. Is a form of powder in a pack. Just pour the powder and add in your favourite juice or milo and stir well. Do NOT use hot or warm water. You can get immunocal at OG outlets, they are usually available at the cashier at the health supplement section.
And for E2, I am not sure what should be the value on Day 2. But it should increase when you have more follies. Heard that a good mature follie will have about 1000 E2. Not sure how true. How much was your E2? Jiayou gal! Very soon can reach the next milestone! :)

Hi Ladies, it's my bb's full mth tmr and i'll be returning 50 red eggs at the zhu sheng niang altar at the toa payoh shuang lin temple at about 2 pm.. if any of you interested, can go and take.. I had also taken the eggs returned by an ivf mummy who had twins last yr and received her blessings and succeeded in my ivf.. Baby dusts to all!! :)

Congrats Min81!!! How was your labour? Everything smooth? Which gynae are u with and is ur gynae good? Im still with Prof Wong but he'll transfer me to another gynae soon.

Congrats min81. Grabbing ur bbdust. Enjoy ur parenthood. May all of us can join u one day..

Thanks gigi for the pm. I think I will make appmt to see dr loh. Better to have 1 to 1 talk wif him. He still have not replied to my email yet.

Bb_blues, prof went thro my both ivf summary & only suggested 3 options to improve implantation next round. Go for acupuncture, hysteroscopy to chk any abnormalities in womb & endo scratch. Said hysteroscopy cost abt 500-600 & claimable by medisave. Mayb i will try hysteroscopy & endo scratch. Anyone tried both together before?

Didnt ask him abt my protocol next round & didnt tell him abt my hospitalization. Hes not really into dhea. He just tell me tat my chances can be improved if I have more eggs but since both ivf, I only produced 2 eggs, theres nothing that can be done to increase egg quantity. Only told him tat I wanna relax 1st before attempting next round.

Back