Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

miraclez

Hi All, tot of starting a new thread on IVF with Norethisterone with Prof PC Wong in NUH so that we can share its effect of this new protocol together and of cos to support eachother during the whole process.

I have PCOS and have been ttc since year 2010. Had done 1 clomid iui, 3 SOIUI and 1 SOIUI convert IVF. Starting my Nor-e on 25th May 2013 and jab is scheduled to start on 10th June. Getting excited about it but at the same time worried if this new protocol is going to work well on me.

Ladies, do share your experiences too and lets go through this journey together. =)

Hi Miraclez, Maomi here. will be starting Norethisterone on 1 JUn.

Done 1 IUI (half injectibles, 2 years ago) and 2 SOIUI (last 2 months). Jab is scheduled on 13 Jun.

Hi Maomi, our cycle is very close. Only 2 days apart. We might meet when going for follow up. =)

Are you diagnose with any fertility issue? for me I have PCOS so I am very worried about OHSS which I got from my SOIUI converted IVF. So worried it will affect my ET too.

Hi ladies, I didnt really follow up the IVF thread at times..

What is this protocol about.. can elaborate
happy.gif

Miraclez, yeah, I have mild pcos. Irregular menses. Other than that I'm ok
happy.gif
. Lakigal is also very close to our dates.

Maomi.. So we got same problem... Hope this new protocol can help us...
Ya.. Laki starting nor e or started le right?

Wondersss u with prof Wong too? Nor e is a new protocol prof use for his IVF patient... Take from cd 18 for 10 days... Then 5 day later start jab for IVF...

Miraclez....I think she's probably starting soon, I can't remember. I just remember she's starting much earlier than me. I think her stim will start in end May. Are you doing acu?

Anyway, usage of nor-E before IVF has been around since the 90s. Just that it is new in Singapore, not something new in US/China.

Maomi, I used to do acu with Dr Zou but I super scare of the needle. Feel very stress everything I do acu so I stop going after about 2 months. No I am seeing TCM Dr Su. How about you?

Have you also started preparing the body for IVF like supplement or?

I had my two blastocysts transferred yesterday @NUH by Prof Wong. I was nervous when I was in the Day Surgery.

Got 5 frozen embryo.

My experience having IVF is totally different from KKH. I am impressed with the organization there. I had been seeing him since day 1 till embryo transfer.

I had NorE and Ganol. My 1st dosage of Ganol was from 262.5 to 300. During the injection, I had bloatedness which I never felt when I first has my IVF at KKH. My dosage last time at KKH was very low compared to NUH.

During the retrieval of the follicles, there a team in Day Surgery. The team is very encouraging.

Now...I am resting. ....waiting for the day. Anyone wanna share what you did during these two weeks of resting?

Hi Nel, you are so lucky to be able to catch Prof for your ET before he go on his long leaves. I cancelled my May cycle cos my ER and ET will be during his leave.

I have never tried other hospital but I also find NUH service quite good.

How many follicles did you have and retrieved? and is your follicles the almost the same size with Nor-e?

During my first IVF converted from Soiui, I basically watch hongkong drama every day to kill time. Eat on time and sleep a lot. =)

Miraclez,

The doctor retrieved 16 follicles.The last scan that I did before follicles retrieval are 12. Size range from 12mm to 17.5 mm.

Positive,

This is my 1st time having a good embryo with lots of follicles retrieved for my 2nd attempt of ivf compared to KKH. I am now 35 years old. Yes, my hubby did download a number of movies and even installed a TV in my room plus a blue ray system.

Pray that all will be good. Now I am seeing Dr Anu for my post embryo transfer.

Nel did prof retrieve from both your ovaries?

12mm to 17.5mm doesn't seem even size to me lei. Wondering what does Nor-e helps in...

Glad that you have good embroyo this round. Can share what you take or do before this cycle of IVF?

When is your schedule BT? Do relax as much as possible now for your beanies to implant.. =)

Miraclez,

I was informed that my follicles are growing slowly. That's where the doctor in creased the dosage of Ganol from 262.5 to 300. Ever since I start injecting Ganol, I took 2 half boiled egg white. Got my maid to do it then. Then, I increase my 2 half boiled egg white to 5. It does make a difference in numbers of follicles and quality. I didn't take any egg white when I had my 1st IVF at KKH. Plus, I took honey and royal jelly on its own plus a drop of propolis on my tongue.

In addition, I drank goat's milk everyday which warm my body. It really does warm up my body.

I don't remember what NorE used for but I do remember asking one of the nurses. During the injection of Ganol, my stomach bloated and experienced breast tenderness.

Just now, I just had my post embryo checkup. Dr Anu met me instead of prof Wong as he is on leave. She asked me is I experienced any discomfort or bloatedness which I do not experience now.

Well, miraclez and positive. I'll just wait and pray that Good things come after what I have gone through. I had my 2 nd IVF after 3 years doing my 1st one at KKh.

May all the blessing given to us and those who are going through this like us.

My Prenancy test will be on 31/5. Will keep posted

Nur, when did you start increasing the egg white to 5? and you only started the egg white when u start injection?

BTW what is proplis?

Did you buy goat milk fresh from farm and dun they have a "goaty" smell? I also need things to warm up my body. I think my feet are always cold.

Paisei.. so many question.......

Your pregnancy test are so fast.. Good luck!!!

Miraclez,

I start increasing my half boiled egg white after I was informed that my follicles are growing slowly. From the start of the injection of Ganol, I had only two half boiled egg whites only.

I bought the goat's milk from the Hay dairy farm. Some people like my hubby say it does have a goat's smell. But there's coco flavor. You may want to try it one 1st.

It's propolis. I read and heard that it can also increase the production of eggs. You may want to find out this infor in search engine.

It's ok to ask many questions as we can share this infor and may work on you or others too.

Prosepina,

Yes, the doctor retrieved from both ovaries. The doctor informed me that 16 is good enough. Usually, they had retrieved at most 18 from patients. .

Nervous babe,
That's what I believe from the experience of eating half boiled egg white and propolis. I never eat them during my 1st IVF . So I can see the huge difference.

Hmmm.... Only god knows what and how I am feeling now. Reading about others who had gone through the waiting and get to know their results from their pregnancy test, give me wondering. Some people having good news and some don't .

Tried not to think about it but it just comes to me naturally thinking about it.

Hmmmmmmmm..........

Hi Nel, How are you today in your tww?

you went down to the farm to buy the milk and did you drink it warm or cold? Maybe coco flavour will be less "goaty" smell...

I started my Nor-e today... hope all will be smooth smooth......

Miraclez, I'm seeing Dr Zou now but I might switch over to Raffles Hosp TCM cos' the wait at Dr Zou is horrendous and its much further from my home as I'm a westerner. BUT, of course cost is an issue. Raffles is alot more expensive.

Btw, be careful if you want to take propolis or any other bee products. Some people are allergic to it. And propolis, royal jelly, pollen are common allergens.

Nel, what's ganol? Gonal F?

Miraclez, I don't take propolis cos' my a periodic asthmatic patient. Not safe to try. I know there's a honey shop at Marina Sq that sells it. I used to get fresh royal jelly from them. GNC or Natures Farm should have it as well
happy.gif

Maomi I just realised you only need to take Nor-e for 8 days?

Ya.. Dr Zuo waiting time is terrible. Cos she has too many patients and limited beds.. But good that you can acu.. I so scare of the needle.. So I do massage at salon weekly now and every other day leg massage at home.. Hopefully can help in blood circulation too.

If I can take Royal Jelly, does not means I am okie to propolis too?

Correcto! Actually, I feel to a certain extent, it is also to manage the queue. Just like I noticed most KKH cases are long protocol, hehehe.... Can't wait to start.

Its really painful and I don't enjoy it but I feel since it is proven good, I might as well try.

Yes, that's right. Anyway, my body doesn't seem to react well to royal jelly either. I got very bad breakouts on my face.

Ya... it a painful process.. But I am feeling excited about it already.. Cant wait to start the injection.. =)

I will go find out more on propolis..

Are you taking Dr Zou TCM also? or just acu? Actually she is really a nice lady.. But I so scare of her needle.. haha

I'm taking some med from Dr Zou but not for the womb. Got her to give me something for my cough and sniffy nose. Was sick last week but moving on will not be taking med cos Prof said as soon as I start stim, cannot take TCM med le. I've been jabbing myself when I did SOIUI so not an issue to me.

Ya prof say no tcm when start jabbing.

I always ask hub to jab for me.. But maybe I will try to jab myself this round. Hopefully it will be lesser pain.. ha..

I feel jabbing myself is better cos I can control. I doubt I can jab myself for the pregnyl jab though.. It's so painful!!! Had it 3 times by 3 different nurses!

Morning Girls...

Ya Maomi, pregnyl jab is super painful. I do it at private clinic by dr also very painful.

For PCOS I dun think I will get pregnyl jab this time. Prof say will give me something else to prevent ohss.

I think mine is something else also, I can't quite rem. I will ask Jane when I see her on Thursday. Have you done your psychologist session?

Maomi, miraclez,

They won't be using pregnyl as trigger jab at NUH.. When i did my cycle in feb, i was given Suprefact as trigger jab.. Can be done by yourself on the tummy, not pain, so don't worry k
happy.gif

Min, how are you doing? Hope your MS are better now.

you also din use pregnyl? were you given HCG support after ET?

Yupz miraclez... abit nervous.

Min,thanks for this info. I was so super worried about the trigger jab.

Maomi.. no worries... they session is okie.. nothing much except she keep asking you question and you keep answering. haha

Miraclez,

Thanks, i'm doing good
happy.gif
Just that morning sickness is actually getting worse so just kinda tired.. Actually NUH doesn't use pregnyl.. For my previous IUIs, they used ovidrel, not painful too, just stings a little.. After my ER, CHR nurse came to inject ovidrel as support jab.. Then 3 days post ET, was given another ovidrel jab..

Maomi,

Don't worry, trust me, i'm very scared of pain.. keke.. Just push the med in slowly..

Min, can check with you when start stimulation jab, have to go visit prof every how many days?
Need to plan my schedule.

Miraclez,

Hi, I am fine. I had a a nite stay at Marina Bay Sands hotel with hubby. It was nice and love the view. It's kind of tiring staying at home and lay on bed most of the time....

Kinda of wondering if there is any symptoms that I need to know if I am pregnant?some people had symptoms but they don't get pregnant and vice versa.

Anyway, I put the goat's milk in the fridge. Then when I want to drink it, i let it in the room temperature for about 2-3 minutes. yes I bought it from Hay's Dairies Farm.

Nervous Babe,

Yes I had propolis during the jab but stop once the embryos are in my body. During this two weeks, I have been drinking Goat's milk and avocado.

I read from others that during the two week some ate durian on alternate days as to warm up the womb and chicken essence. I do not know how true is it. I can't take durian cause its too sweet for me and can't take chicken essence as I felt like vomiting.

Miraclez

Yes I m with prof too. Plan to start my cycle in aug/sep, gg for the counseling in jul as thinking to give iui a try in June
As I have low ovarian reserve I am thinking of ways to improve my egg quality during these few months.
How u gals cope with so many scan and absence from work during these periods?

Nel
Yes I heard abt the durian as it aids implantation, u can try red bean soup to thicken ur lining.

Nervous Babe, it depends on your body's reaction on the stim jabs. Usually its about 10 days.

Nervous babe,

Hubby just bought durian today and ate one. Used to like eating one. Now, don't like the smell.,

My pregnancy test will be on this Friday. Will be late to eat it?

HI Nel, never too late for anything. Since durian is very bu and can warm your body, you can still eat. You may want to eat brazil nuts too. =)

All the best for your test this Friday. Your HL will be until? cos I think your BT quite fast.

I going to try goat milk from cold storage first. If can accept the goaty smelly then maybe will order from Hay dairies.

Nervous Babe: IUI also done by prof? You may want to try Royal Jelly, brazil nuts and egg white for egg quality.

I always take leave/mc when I need to see Prof.

yeah.... this sat, ok, not really excited, cos I'm just worried about my cough and sniffy nose. Going to see Raffles Hosp TCM for the first time today. Hopefully the sinseh can do something about it cos Dr Zou's med didn't quite help and the q is getting abit horrendous.

Overly bu also not good lah AHAHAHHAHAH

Nel, maybe u already preg since u hate the smell now :p All the best!

Back