Problem with Search Function

geelong

<font color="0000ff">Hi

Since 2 days ago, when I go to the Search function on SMH, there's only 1 search box WITHOUT the different search criteria or categories of Search (eg. Topics, Names of Authors, Subject Lines, etc).

When I enter my search item in the box, I'm directed to google to verify some code cos of unusual traffic?!?

Can we get the normal Search page back?

HELP!!!
</font>

Hi Panzer and Ynby80,

We are in the midst of testing and improving the search function. The testing and implementation of new search should take about one week. While we are doing 'live' testing, I would like to apologise in advance for any inconvenience caused.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

What happened to the search format? Totally cannot search anything from the forum. Pls bring back the old search format.

Hi Verre,

We are in the midst of testing and improving the search function. The testing and implementation of new search should take about one week. While we are doing 'live' testing, I would like to apologise in advance for any inconvenience caused.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

The search function had been changed recently. In the old search function, messages were sorted according to the title, where is more organised and we can search the keyword easily. But in the new search functions, all posting will be shown and not in an organised manner, I tried searching for a thread few times and could not retrieve it. I hope you can bring back the old search function!

I agree! Sometimes it led me to google page. Initially I thought is my computer's fault. Is definitely more user friendly when using your old search function.

Hi MusicBox,

Please let us know the keyword you've used so we can see the results you saw and understand the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Circusbugs,

We've just updated our search function again today. It should not lead you to any google page. Please try the new search function that we've just tweaked and let us know how we can improve further.

Thank you.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

Hi Chin Leng,
I did a search again and it is now back to the unorganised manner:
6735074.jpg

as you can see from the attached picture, when i search for "dangdang", it shows up all the post related to the same thread. Previously, it'll classified into threads and show the threads base on most recent activity. The previous function is more user-friendly and can easily find the things we want.

There are too many threads and posts in SMF, if the search function is not organised, it is really hard to surf this forum.

Hi Musicbox,

Thank you for the feedback. We are aware of the problem that you've described. We are still tweaking the display of the results. We expect to finish tweaking the result within 2 weeks.

Please keep the feedback and comments coming.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

Hi Mei Mei,

Can let me know what are the keywords you searched? Let us know and we'll test and further refine the search function. Thank you.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

such as dvd set, kitchen set.

last time, i dun need to key in all the words, 1 word most of the searches will reflect but now it seem diffcult.

Hi Mei Mei,

You are using search function look in "Text of messages" or "Subject lines"?

Regards,
Chin Leng.

mods,

please look into the "search" menu

past few days i cannot search for any titles on the WTS thread even though i can see the words are listed on the titles.

its very difficult to track and searching by "author" also is not popping out any results.
What pops up are "username" in all the results that are highlited.

many thanks.

Hi Mei Mei,

Thank you for the feedback. We are fine-tuning the results. Due to the large size of the forum, the database will need some time to reindex itself.

We are terribly sorry for the inconvenience caused. We hope to have the search function working fully by next week.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

Hi CC,

Can let me know the keywords you are searching in WTS? We'll like to test your keyword to fine tune our search results. Thanks.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

Hi CL

It worked initially. But today I tried keying 'Happycall' in subject line under bulk purchase and the search said no message found.

Hi Circusbugs and panzer,

We are aware of the issue. We are continuously working on this. We think it would be working fine by Tuesday.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

Hi all,

We've refined the search results. Please try. It should be better now. Please feel free to feedback.

Thank you.

Hi all,

We are almost done with the refinements. The search function should be working fine now. The final refinement we'll be adding is to show image thumbnails relevant to your search keywords next to the search results. This new feature should be enabled by Thursday.

Please continue to send us your feedback. Thank you.

Back