Pro Natural/Vbac Gynae Recommendations needed for NUH.

Anora2505

Hi Mommies,

I'm currently pregnant with my 2nd child and am planning to give birth at NUH. I had a c-sect for my first one at TMC cos the replacement gynae (my actual gynae was on leave) said that my baby was too big and i wasn't dilating fast enough. 18 hours and stuck at 1.5cm.

I truly feel i was stripped off my chance and experience of having a normal delivery back in TMC. I read alot of positive reviews about NUH being a pro-natural/vbac hospital and would like to experience it myself.

Any recommendations of pro-natural/vbac gynaes? I had my eyes on Dr Chitra but she's fully booked til May.
Thank you in advanced!

May I know how heavy is your child when your baby was born? How they measure baby’s head against our pelvis? I am also curious cos same issue as yours..

May I know how heavy is your child when your baby was born? How they measure baby’s head against our pelvis? I am also curious cos same issue as yours..
Hi iluv7, my son was 3.5kg when he was born. I didn't remember about the measurement though but I clearly remember the gynae kept saying things like the baby was too big and that I needed a csect cos baby was too big and I wasn't dilating fast enough. Felt like I wasn't given a chance to try even further and he decided it was time to cut me up. But maybe that was the best decision at that point of time although I still feel shitty about it til now.

Hi iluv7, my son was 3.5kg when he was born. I didn't remember about the measurement though but I clearly remember the gynae kept saying things like the baby was too big and that I needed a csect cos baby was too big and I wasn't dilating fast enough. Felt like I wasn't given a chance to try even further and he decided it was time to cut me up. But maybe that was the best decision at that point of time although I still feel shitty about it til now.

I feel you. 15 hours and 6-7cm dilated. My gal was close to 3.3kg and they pricked my water bag to expedite the progress after few hours of epidural despite I’ve expressed not so keen on it. Then I wasn’t dilating fast enough too after a few hours and I ended up in csect too. :/

My baby was 3.5kg with natural birth. I was about the same as you. I had full 100% contraction but it's only 2cm. I asked for Cser, but was rejected. Asking me to take Epidural and I said no. So I go thru the pain again till had fainted few times and my pulse was too low. Both me and baby by right couldn't survive on that timing, But Gynae came again and check out on me, put some sense and I decided to opt for Epidural to help with the long waiting hours.

I gave birth after 14hrs by then, myself without any Gynae around. Reason given, too many women give birth on that night. I was at KKH that time. So this time, I opt for NUH. hehe!

My baby was 3.5kg with natural birth. I was about the same as you. I had full 100% contraction but it's only 2cm. I asked for Cser, but was rejected. Asking me to take Epidural and I said no. So I go thru the pain again till had fainted few times and my pulse was too low. Both me and baby by right couldn't survive on that timing, But Gynae came again and check out on me, put some sense and I decided to opt for Epidural to help with the long waiting hours.

I gave birth after 14hrs by then, myself without any Gynae around. Reason given, too many women give birth on that night. I was at KKH that time. So this time, I opt for NUH. hehe!

Wow.. envy u. Can really withstand the pain. I shouldn’t have complied with the pricking of my water bag in the first place. But then, I try to think on the positive side now. Which gynae u had last time?

Wow.. envy u. Can really withstand the pain. I shouldn’t have complied with the pricking of my water bag in the first place. But then, I try to think on the positive side now. Which gynae u had last time?

You too! We go natural pain not as bad as Cser babe.. It's not easy to go through Cser dear. Yes some might say you don't feel the pain of giving birth, but hey you feel the pain till rest of your life, cause they cut your belly. Not a small cut dear, it's deep. Even my mum till her age 54 now she also feel the pain cause of giving birth to us by Cser. I tell you mummy who go thru Cser are the strongest one! :)

Anything for our loved one, we will surely do the best even not best for us sometimes :)

Maybe I'm not in good luck.. haha! I also took subsidy so different Gynae, no fix one. But I heard positive review from NUH both sub and private. So I really hope this time gonna be a fruitful journey :)

why did they burst your waterbag? I also want to avoid all these situations where there is unnecessary intervention...

You too! We go natural pain not as bad as Cser babe.. It's not easy to go through Cser dear. Yes some might say you don't feel the pain of giving birth, but hey you feel the pain till rest of your life, cause they cut your belly. Not a small cut dear, it's deep. Even my mum till her age 54 now she also feel the pain cause of giving birth to us by Cser. I tell you mummy who go thru Cser are the strongest one! :)

Anything for our loved one, we will surely do the best even not best for us sometimes :)

Maybe I'm not in good luck.. haha! I also took subsidy so different Gynae, no fix one. But I heard positive review from NUH both sub and private. So I really hope this time gonna be a fruitful journey :)

Thanks for your encouraging words, but I still hope to go thru vaginal birth for once. Usually recovery is much faster. But I just pray for it this time.

My pte gynae will be leaving kkh soon. I might change gynae or follow him to another hospital. Not so sure about nuh, though have heard a lot good reviews.

But I believe being positive brings good luck. Hope everything goes smoothly for us for this pregnancy this time. :)

why did they burst your waterbag? I also want to avoid all these situations where there is unnecessary intervention...

If they don’t prick the water bag, baby will still be swimming happily in it and don’t want to come out. That’s why they pricked it to expedite.

Hi wondering if any mummies here having experience with Prof. Chong Yap Seng? He seems a strong advocate for natural births in NUH.

I have been with NUH from the very beginning of my IVF treatment and I am fortunate to get pregnant there too. Now still visiting clinic G as a subsided patient, but coming to my Week 22 soon, gonna be able to fix a doctor and become a private patient. This is actually my second pregnancy, my first delivery was done by elective c-sec, I am wondering about VBAC this time. Have done some readings online, gyane is such an important factor in a successful VBAC journey, hence like to gather some suggestions/experiences from fellow mummies.

Thanks...

Back