Private vs Subsidised Patient Rate

Val34

I am 39yo. Did 2 cycles of IVF at orivate clinic and only managed to get 3 blastocysts of avg and below avg quality so far. Thinking to switch to public hospital due to cost.

Is anyone able to advise the difference in cost for every cycle between subsidised and private patient?

I am 39yo. Did 2 cycles of IVF at orivate clinic and only managed to get 3 blastocysts of avg and below avg quality so far. Thinking to switch to public hospital due to cost.

Is anyone able to advise the difference in cost for every cycle between subsidised and private patient?
If you and your husband are SG citizens, you can get up to 75% government subsidy for IVF cycles at public hospitals, on top of Medisave claim. The subsidies apply to first 3 fresh cycles at public and first 3 frozen cycles at public. The subsidy for first 3 fresh IVF cycles is $7.7k, and first 3 frozen is $2.2k. If I'm not wrong SG-PR and SG-Foreigner are entitled to some subsidy though it's not as much as citizen rate. You can Google for exact details.

For your reference, with the subsidy plus Medisave I didn't have to pay cash at all for my first 2 IVF cycles at KKH (2 retrievals, 1 fresh transfer and 1 frozen trsnsfer). Though it didn't work out so I moved to private clinic and saw better success.

By the way whether you enter public hospital as a private or subsidised patient (referral from polyclinic) the cost for IVF cycle is the same. The only difference is the pre-tests and consultation charges before you get enrolled in the IVF programme.

Thank you @harriet07 !
Can I ask, do u always see the same doctor when you went for IVF at public hospital?

Hope it worked out well for you after you switch to private!

Thank you @harriet07 !
Can I ask, do u always see the same doctor when you went for IVF at public hospital?

Hope it worked out well for you after you switch to private!
For me I was at KK. Although I was a private patient, KK has a "Team based" system where you will see different doctors at each appointment date once IVF stimms start. I only saw my doctor before IVF during the pre-tests, and at ER and ET. I am not sure about SGH but I heard that NUH patients see the same doctor throughout their stim cycle.

Yup my switch to private worked better for me. Wish you all the best!

Back