Private or public for first antenatal check up

Lemontea199305

Hi all , I will like to check which should I go for my first check up ? Private or public ? I will most likely NUH to deliver . Thank you

I have the same question. Wondering can I go private for antenatal package then go NUH for delivery under subsidized?

I would suggest go poly for referral to NUH/SGH/KKH. Just go for subsidised route first then after the first trimester you can change to private route in these hospitals. Subsidised and private not much difference in govt structured hospital. The only diff is you get to choose your preferred gynae for private.

Hello, I would also suggest going to Polyclinic for referral. It may take longer (with the Poly appt booking etc) but if you're on a budget, it's actually a cheaper alternative. For my 1st pregnancy in 2019, we got a Poly referral to go to KKH. The first antenatal checkup at KKH was around $50 (if I'm not mistaken) after the subsidy. I only changed to a private gynae after 6months (after all of the necessary tests).

Hello mother & mtb ! Im 5 weeks pregnant and will see sgh gynae (refer from poly) this friday . Can i ask if we under subsidies can we request for female gynae for check up and labour? Any experience?

Hello mother & mtb ! Im 5 weeks pregnant and will see sgh gynae (refer from poly) this friday . Can i ask if we under subsidies can we request for female gynae for check up and labour? Any experience?

subsidies cannot choose doc, a panel of doctors will be seeing u, midwife will assist to delivery

Back