Private at KKH or Private Gynae?

Dear mummies,
I need some advice. I'm currently 17 weeks, my previous gynae had to stop delivering due to the new insurance coverage. Now that my options have reopened, I'm considering should I go to KKH as a private patient or relook for a private gynae?
I'm considering the bill cost vs services of the two options.

Any advice from any mummies?

Thanks

Dear mummies,
I need some advice. I'm currently 17 weeks, my previous gynae had to stop delivering due to the new insurance coverage. Now that my options have reopened, I'm considering should I go to KKH as a private patient or relook for a private gynae?

Thanks

I recently gave birth at KKH as a private patient and has own private gynae. The delivery suite nurses are really experience nurses and given you the best advise when deliver your baby. You may consider their ward prices 1st.

I recently gave birth at KKH as a private patient and has own private gynae. The delivery suite nurses are really experience nurses and given you the best advise when deliver your baby. You may consider their ward prices 1st.

Hi I am also a private patient at KKH, so far the experience with the nurses and gynae have been good. Can I just check how much did u have to fork out in cash after medisave deduction for your recent delivery? Thanks and hear soon! :)

Dear mummies,

Thanks

I am affected too. Such sudden news.

I am looking for gynaes that deliver at Mount A.

I am affected too....currently also looking for a new gynae..still debating between KK Private Suite vs other private gyanes......=/

Do we need to request to switch to private patient?
For me I jus look thru the doctors listed on KKH website and choose my desired doctor online. Thereafter a nurse will call within 2-3 working days to advise appt date, time and clinic. once u choose doctor u r cconsidered as private patient, meaning no subsidies.

For me I jus look thru the doctors listed on KKH website and choose my desired doctor online. Thereafter a nurse will call within 2-3 working days to advise appt date, time and clinic. once u choose doctor u r cconsidered as private patient, meaning no subsidies.

Hi, did u opt for The Private Suite? I heard at least waiting time is shorter

Do we need to request for private suite when we make appointment? I was told I'm a private patient but I don't think I saw the doctor at the private suite.

When I went to see the doctor to confirm the pregnancy, the whole process took 5 hours plus. I had to register for queue number for scanning and then queue to scan and then register again for queue number to see doctor and then queue to see doctor.

Do we need to request for private suite when we make appointment? I was told I'm a private patient but I don't think I saw the doctor at the private suite.

When I went to see the doctor to confirm the pregnancy, the whole process took 5 hours plus. I had to register for queue number for scanning and then queue to scan and then register again for queue number to see doctor and then queue to see doctor.
I asked the nurse when she first called me. N she cfm my dr is station in TPS only. So far din take so long...even she went out for delivery that 1 time I kena, I waited longer but no as long as 5 hrs.

clinic D charges pte rate....but waiting time is long..... better check with nurse which clinic u supposed to go.

TPS also pte...waiting time is shorter..more comfy there also...with free apples, hot drinks such as hot choc, mocha etc.....and the comfy sofas....

It's depends on your doctor schedule. I also a private patient at KKH sometimes i will see my doctor at TPS and sometimes at clinic D. But mostly at TPS.. As for the waiting time also depends. My last visited at TPS i wait for more than 4 hrs because my Gynae had emergency c-sec twice.

Hi I am also a private patient at KKH, so far the experience with the nurses and gynae have been good. Can I just check how much did u have to fork out in cash after medisave deduction for your recent delivery? Thanks and hear soon! :)

Hi I have yet to receive the bill.

Dear mummies,

Thanks

Seriously there is no significant difference for the hospital bill size for being private patient in KKH or private hospital for uncomplicated pregnancy.
Service wise think is pretty much depend on your luck sometimes, and your expectation.

yes, they gave me clinic A (womens tower) appointment but my friend told me I need to let them know I want to make appointment in private suite (which is in children's tower) so I called to change. I heard that private suite is much faster, my friend never took more than 1 hour for her normal checks.

Really?! I waited more than 1.5 hours (sometimes close to 2 hours and more) each time I see Dr June, I feel that she has a lot of patients but I am cool with it, just hated the waiting time only.
hmm? My waiting time abt the same as yours but normally whole process can wrapped up within 2hrs. Ya, she has a lot of patients and her slots are pretty packed. So can understand the waiting time. other than the waiting time, I find her v motherly and reassuring so I know I will be in gd hands. :)

yes, they gave me clinic A (womens tower) appointment but my friend told me I need to let them know I want to make appointment in private suite (which is in children's tower) so I called to change. I heard that private suite is much faster, my friend never took more than 1 hour for her normal checks.

Yes I was at clinic A! Omg, no wonder so long.

It's depends on your doctor schedule. I also a private patient at KKH sometimes i will see my doctor at TPS and sometimes at clinic D. But mostly at TPS.. As for the waiting time also depends. My last visited at TPS i wait for more than 4 hrs because my Gynae had emergency c-sec twice.

My gynea had delivery when I was waiting for my turn. But the gynea only left for about 15 mins.

clinic D charges pte rate....but waiting time is long..... better check with nurse which clinic u supposed to go.

TPS also pte...waiting time is shorter..more comfy there also...with free apples, hot drinks such as hot choc, mocha etc.....and the comfy sofas....

Yes I heard it's more comfy also and I was wondering how come the place I visited didn't have such service. Now I know as @sushi80 has clarified, I was allocated to clinic A.

I wonder if there's any price between TPS and clinic A as I'm being charged as private patient hmph

hmm? My waiting time abt the same as yours but normally whole process can wrapped up within 2hrs. Ya, she has a lot of patients and her slots are pretty packed. So can understand the waiting time. other than the waiting time, I find her v motherly and reassuring so I know I will be in gd hands. :)

Haha, maybe cause I am always alone (hubby is only free on Thurs and Dr June is also off on Thurs) so the waiting time is terrible for me, 9am reach, 12pm end. But yeah, she seems motherly. This is my first so kinda lost on what to ask her sometimes. Hahas.

Haha, maybe cause I am always alone (hubby is only free on Thurs and Dr June is also off on Thurs) so the waiting time is terrible for me, 9am reach, 12pm end. But yeah, she seems motherly. This is my first so kinda lost on what to ask her sometimes. Hahas.
I'm first time mom too. Hee. very lost on what to ask so hubby suggested to write a list of to-ask questions before my turn. Hope this helps.

I'm under doc tan heng Hao delivered last yr July. His is at TPS as well as clinic D. When u appoint him as ur gynae u are consider private patient n can only take 4 bedded or 1 bedded ward. N his stitching skills are good.

Outside private and kkh private the rates more or less the same actually.

Both me and my sis seeing prof han how Chuan in kkh under private suite also. Sometimes waiting time the longest maybe 1.5hrs? Because half way he go to do delivery Haha.. And he have alot of patients!

I have stayed in private suite 4 years ago and find them good and Kkh doctors are experienced and can manage any complications

Hi all, does anyone have the final bill for private single bedder at kkh? I'm seeing Prof John Tee at KKH. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 2,782
Approximately 14k? Wow, how much is deductible by medisave? I was hoping for a below 10k bill so I can pay all in cash and claim from my company after that.

Mine is emergency csect so will be more expensive. I think my hub only cash below $7k n the rest are being deduct by Medisave.

i heard that if paitent tried nature birth but unsuccessful and was given emergency csect, the hospital will charge both nature + csect cost?

i heard that if paitent tried nature birth but unsuccessful and was given emergency csect, the hospital will charge both nature + csect cost?

No u will be charged for the package for c sec only ...however they also also charge u addition for the equipment, room, med etc that u used while u r trying for natural... that explains the high bill

Hi, anyone have an estimate total bill from day 1 till deliver at KKH private?
Interested to know.

Besides that, what is the difference between KKH private vs private hospital? In terms of service

Last edited:

I'm under doc tan heng Hao delivered last yr July. His is at TPS as well as clinic D. When u appoint him as ur gynae u are consider private patient n can only take 4 bedded or 1 bedded ward. N his stitching skills are good.
Hi Snow19, I am into 5 weeks and no idea which gynae I should appoint. Do u mind sharing how much is his consultation fee in average for each visit and does he offer any package? Tks!:)

Back