Pregnant & diagnosed with breast cancer

mybebeneeds

Mummies, I'm asking on behalf of a friend.2 weeks after she is confirmed 8 weeks pregnant she is diagnosed with Stage 2 breast cancer.Her options are to abort baby & continue with cancer treatments or keep baby,wait till after delivery to do treatments.

What will you do if you're in her shoe or any mummies have similar experience as my friend.

As we are discussing now my friend is coming to her 16th week.She have decided to keep baby but her Drs are advising otherwise giving her only 24mths to survive if she does'nt seek treatment asap.

Hi Eliza

JTS...my friend was diagnosed with breast cancer during the early stages of pregnancy too. She worked with her Drs to go through chemo during pregnancy, then surgery during pregnancy again and finally delivered a healthy baby through c-sect a little before full term. After which she went through another round of chemo again.

Both she and her baby were fighters.

Hi Fizz,

Would it be possible to hook your friend up with my friend...my heart really goes out to both your friend & mine...

My friend had lost all hope...she's for-going treatment now & thinking of putting baby up for adoption as her dr. is only giving her 2years if she refuse to seek treatment asap...

I want to help but I don't know how as we're not in her position maybe talking to someone who have been through the same ordeal might help...

You can read her blog to find out more myunbornjourney.blogspot.com

so sorry to hear abt ur fren eliza. i seem to have read somewhere in e papers or magazine, abt a woman diagnosed with breast cancer yet able to do chemo & then give birth to a healthy baby, somewhat similar to fizz's friend. but then again, i think it depends on a case-by-case basis. whatever it is, i pray all will be well soon!

Hi Eliza,

Sorry to hear that about your friend. As a husband and father to be, my opinion is for the wife to go through treatment asap and try again after recovery. I believe God will bless them with another child. That's perhaps you may say my hardhearted opinion but I love my wife enough to want her to be well. Especially since we are talking about the child still unborn.

hi Eliza,

advise ur fwen took ELken SPirulina & Dr Xeniji as it will help in her strength & immune system

Back