Pregnancy Insurance.

Jarrett

Hi,

We are about to have our first child in afew months time & I would like to get a pregnancy insurance for my wife, any recommendation on which company to go for? I have some debates from friends that are telling me their past experience on getting an insurance, most of them they did not get as they don't cover everything.
Any advice?

Hi,

We are about to have our first child in afew months time & I would like to get a pregnancy insurance for my wife, any recommendation on which company to go for? I have some debates from friends that are telling me their past experience on getting an insurance, most of them they did not get as they don't cover everything.
Any advice?

Hi Jarrett, how many weeks pregnant is your Wife currently? You can text me at 90904949 to have a discussion.

Hi Jarrett. I myself is also looking at maternity insurance now. Will be giving birth to my first child in Dec. For now, i'm looking at GE and PRU. So far i have heard that Great Eastern is a good choice especially for mummies as they cover a wider range of complications. But after speaking to a PRU friend, GE coverage is just one or two more than PRU. Another difference is that GE sells their insurance separately whereas PRU bundle PRUmum2be and PRUlink enhanced protector, an investment-linked plan together so it will definitely be more costly since you are buying two plans.
But it's up to you and also the condition of your wife's pregnancy. Personally, i feel that a one-time payment maternity insurance is enough. But i have also heard from some mummies who didn't buy any pregnancy insurance.

Hi Jarrett

I agree with Zaylee above, a stand-alone is usually better and more cost-effective. NTUC income also has a stand alone plan and is one of the best in the market.
Im a broker that represents 10 different insurers so if you’d like more advice on the different ones you can pm me

Hi Sharlene, are you referring to NTUC income maternity 360 plan? May I know how much is it?

must get the basic health insurance. though they do not cover pregnancy, it helps in case of complications.

maybe sure u get a proper CPF medishield plan.
for foreigners or PR, still can get the CPF (I think for PR)
if not, u have to go grab health insurance from some private advisers.

if you can, go for general insurance package for pregnancy or maternal insurance.
i know general insurers, rather than those life insurance (the aia, great eastern, prudential etc), can have some good offers where 100% of your hospital costs in giving birth is covered! amazing right? the trick is its by general insurers and you must buy coverage in advance (some is 10 months, some is 12 mths)
can refer private medical insurance from general
of course any complications or issue, also covered. so its extremely good value.

Back