Post Natal Massage - Anyone Tried Babies Bellies?

Hey MiCh, thanks for posting all those links, are you due yet ? I'm due end of this month, and thinking to get some 7 or 10 days package..

I've got a friend who delivered last month, she recommended a freelance massage lady, in which she said already fully booked for this month, quite a popular one I guess..

So with the time constraint, think I'll got to look for these places for the post-natal, I didn't go to any pre-natal, but I believed, to to either (pre and post natal) ones, should be someone experienced enuff.. so far, have you had any other feedback on the babies-bellies post-natal massage? I saw their booth in almost all baby talks/seminars and mother's expo in the past few months..

Ling,

You're welcome...

I dunno about it... But u gotta give them notice to book also... But I saw other forums got say they not bad. I oreadi booked but haven't tired yet.

And also one of my friend's friend said she enjoyed the sessions. So I think should be ok bah...

I talked to the lady boss b4 and she assured me she be gettin sum1 very experienced for me.

Yup, they are at the expos booth...

Hi Ling,
mayb you could try jamumassage.com as I had their service before. Although slight expensive but very satisfied with the service they provide. Got to know abt them frm urban strait times few mths back and I saw in the forum many mummies had use their service since 2005.

I had my 1st session of massage with Babies Bellies today.

The massuse not bad, pressure quite good. For results of binding, i'll update again...

Punctuality excellent!

hi, u can try my massage lady who can do pre-natal and post-natal massage very experience and friendly lady with more then 10years of experience she can relief body aching, neck and shoulder problem...for post-natal massage she charge 7days $400 for those who are staying in hougang, pre-natal massage $50 PER AN HOUR. Her binding skill is very professional. she provide service to improve breastfeeding, clear engorgement and unblock milk ducts.. im happy to recommand her because iv lost my kilos after 14days of massage!! u can call her at 94361463 mdm aida from hougang. have a nice day to all mother to be...

Today my 3rd session with Babies Bellies, massage is great! Strength of massuse is good too! My tummy have went down alot, though my waistline have not reduce but tummy can say quite flatten already...

BTW for others info oso, I finished 8 sessions. Tummy only needs abit of toning as due to loose muscle. My weight now its about 58kg still. However after trying my maternity pants, I know my thighs n hip did bcum smaller as well.

I'm waiting for my confinement to finish and going to do my other session with hubby at their SPA.

If you ask me to rate their service, out of 10, I will give 9.5.

Knowledge = I find its good enough for me, the massage lady shared her experience with me on slimming, breastfeeding and confinement as well.

Massage = Strokes are good, they will check if pressure is ok for you too. Everyday will focus different area to massage too which personally I think its really good.

Punctuality = Excellent! My massage lady everyday arrive 10 mins earlier.

I feel that their service has a personal touch , very sincere and make you feel at ease.

Hi beaglesg,
I dont think there is thai postnatal massage. As usually I use to get thai massage every mth and I find their massage is using hard strokes and I think not suitable for postnatal.

beaglesg,

I googled it n found sum1 providing such service but personally I have never heard nor did it b4...

I agree with Rashi

Hi Mich

can PM me the ML at Babies Bellies that you have tried? I am currently doing their pre natal. so far 3 times and 3 times I had requested for diff ladies to try. Hopefully can find one I like and will sign post natal package with them.

But if you can recommend yours that was good, I may just go with it too, if they allow me to choose my post natal ML, that is. :p But Ally said I can tell her my preference of ML, she'll try to accommodate if possible.

I find Ally's good with customer service and I can see her staff rec tranining on it too. Friendly and punctual all the time!

I have an authentic Javanese massage lady to recommend,vr experience,gurantee will sim down(esp on the tummy area) after 10x sessions. her package $400 for 10 sessions (1hr/sessions),or $500 for 10sessions(1.5hr/session) inclusive of jamu wrap and special blended massage oil for confinement. gurantee gd,no deposit,pay her per session.sms 98572771 to book her

Hi mummies,
I tried Mdm Rokiah frm traditional holistic postnatal centre prenatal service before. I agree with many mummies who had her service few yrs back comments of her service. I find her very experience and nice lady. Soft spoken. Lots of tips and advise and even she encourage me to Bf my bb. Not to giveup easily. How to increase supply and how to avoid water retention. Her home service $70/per hrs. Enjoy my session. Could reach her at 92716091

Good day ladies,

I have book Mdm Ida for pre and postnatal massage.

My due date is at Aug but have tried her Prenatal massage and I really like her pressure..

She is very friendly and straightforward and very experience lady. Professional.
And her price is reasonable also.

For prenatal massage, she will only do for you when you are 6-8 mths.. after 8 mths she will not do cos dangerous to do as almost want to give birth liao le.

You can contact her at 94249829.
Got ppl also book her till next year liao le.. so have to hurry up wor..

If she ask who recommend you, you can said recommended by vegetarian la..
She will know who.

sometimes i seriously dun understand why ppl just like to go out of topic or intrude into threads that is not relating to their services.

Its just so rude!

Over here, ppl are discussing about BABIES BELLIES. Not any other tom dick n harry ML right?

i had my post natal massage done by babies bellies in may this year.

my massage lady is Hamidah. I find her not bad, hv strength. but i can't give much details as i fall asleep during most of the massage. dunno whether bcos i'm too tired or she's good. she has her own portable massage bed.

the lady who arranged for me the massage appointments, is she the lady boss? she's quite nice. I had to change my appointment time 3 times, and quite last min but she's v accomodating n understanding. helped me to make the arrangements.

overall, not bad I feel can give it a try.

btw, i think their massage ladies also freelance one. tt's wat i gather fr my massage lady.

I just finished my 7 days post-natal massage with babies bellies. I will rate their service 4/10. The therapist is habitually late, at least 10 mins late every day. Best part is she does not apologise and assume that it is all right to be late. I called her a few times when she is more than 15 mins late, she just casually tell me that she is on the bus. I am ok with her being late since I am at home but to be late for 7 days is abit overboard. Her massage skill is so so, not much strength. Told her about it also no improvement. Other than that, she is a friendly lady who chats a lot. She told me that they are all freelance. So I guess you can engage them directly, going thru babies bellies is like going thru an agency that requires you to pay extra.

hi xmas bb, which region do u stay? i heard that the free lance is by region... tat sounds very sucky leh.. if no gd can call BB to change another massu? by the way, do u haf her name?

I stay in the west. The therapist told me she stay in the north, woodlands area, and she is doing another lady at bt panjang. I guess it depends on which therapist is available to take the assignment and if she is willing to travel. WIll PM you the name.

wow.. i also stay in the west.. hmm.. thanks for the pm.. i think properly when i called up babies bellies to arrange my massage after i give birth, i will ask them name of therapist..

thanks for sharing the name..

this thread seems like not moving ald..btw i went to see see the site at BB, the charge for post natal is 75 mins @ $60 - haven't include transportation right?

And mummies, you know which ML to approach for this BB? Also i seen 1 mummy wrote that, they bring their foldable matteress? hmmm..so far i only seen Hamidah name being mentioned...

Hi mummies,
I'm new to this forum and also have not yet decide to have my postnatal massage by which company. Still looked around to ask for more recomendation. Heard frm my fren that use BB service, charges is not inclusive the transportation and the therapist that serve her, seem like a new therapist that just took courses not long compare to when she had her 1st bb, the therapist was very experience but has retired. And on her last sessions they took back the binder, so my fren was left without the binder unless you want to purchase the binder. She told me no point of buying their binder as its the long type of cloth that you're not able to tie yourself.

hi mummies, i tried BB for prenatal once. Went to their shop. Had a very hard time finding parking when i got there, so if u plan to try them 1st thru their shop, take cab there.

I was massaged by a middle aged malay lady. Overall, friendly n pressure was average. She asked me if pressure was suitable and bcos i was wanting to try them out n relax after driving 3 rounds to find parking, i decided to leave pressure as moderate so it is critical to tell massuese hpw hard or soft u wanna be kneaded. They will not be able to read minds n know each customer's pain tolerance level. see, if masseuse press too hard, customer may also complain after becos they end up suffering with pain the next day.

for example, i tried an indonesian lady freelancer the other day. She was this big sized lady in her early 50s. Used some funny fragrant oil which seemed like perfume oil not massage oil. Kneaded me sooooo hard, i ended up sore all over for 2 days after. I dont blame her cos i didnt tell her to stop. I tot wanna see if hard massage can rid my knots. Nevertheless, i can tell she was a very experience lady cos she just see my tummy can tell baby doing well or not. Haha... She spoke indo malay which i can understand a little. said baby's head is alr down liao. Then from size of tummy can tell me I was 6mths + pregnant and can tell gender. Bizarre! I prolly wont get her again cos a little worried abt freelancers not being able to keep schedules n all that lah.

I rang Ida but she's full to next january (sigh). So my last best bet is BB. Overall, i trust they will do a reasonable job. At least for starters the oil they use is what i like. The real lemongrass spicy oil for ridding wind. Not too oily yet after massage can feel all that tingle and spice knowing its working the wind inside...
happy.gif

Any mums who have finished their post natal with BB, do share more here, thanks!

My wife tried prenatal massage by traditional holistic postnatal centre after reading few mummies comments frm this forum. The lady boss who serve my wife personally and she told me that she really enjoy her session and she decide to have her postnatal done by them too as the lady told her that all her therapist is experience and specially trained by her. I think is important to have someone experience to do the massage as this is our 1st bb.

hi ladies..

i have given birth at Mid aug and finally tried MDM IDA post natal. i have book her few mths back and have done pre natal with her also.

she's good and very very friendly. anything u can ask her even about bb stuff wor.. she kws a lot.

min is 5days, last 2 days she will push back your womb. cannot 3 days as its not enough. the last 2 days she will teach u how to wrap also.

but i lazy didn wrap after she finish for me d 7days. haha..

depending on your condition, she will also see if you required to do charcoal (to ease natural birth pain stitches) and bitter leaf (cold cold one as this one has to put to fridge)

i only do the charcoal but didn do the bitter leaf as my mother don allow me to do leh. she said cold cold later next time below aching. haha.. but the bitter leaf is to apply to the stitch to sooth them. so u can decide if u wan to do that.

but after doing charcoal i felt a lot better.

if u wan have to book MDM IDA in many mths advance wor.. her contact is 94249829.

jst sms her yr edd and your name so she can get back to u. if she cant make it, she will ask her sister or sister in law to help u do.

but i got one friend done by her sister in law masita but don kw why only do for 4days when she book for 7days wor.. hehe..

hi sbb, ida is booked until jan 2010. Sigh, i rang her abt 2 wks ago she said even her sister also fully booked. She recommend me to another friend of hers called Nur, i spoke to Nur and she said she cant cnfm yet becos she has her own customers to serve as well. Maybe i just unlucky... So i have no choice now but to go with babies bellies...

For mums planning to try ida, she's getting popular so best to book mths in advance.

hi mummies,
I used Ida as my ML too! At 1st she also being fully booked and intro me to her sis. I gave her a call after delivered my gal on Labour day, then she have a slot for me but the timing for each day not fix (eg: yesterday appt at 8:30am, today at 2pm, tomorrow at 11:45am ...)
Overall, she is good and very experience. She is a little talkative but I like that cos will not feel so bored
happy.gif

eunice>me too, i just call her, she said she is booked until May 2010..n has stop taking customers for Jan n Feb 2010..recommended her friend but not trained by her leh...

Hi mummies out there. I am Ally Vijay the owner of the Babies Bellies. I was happened to do my work and accidentally saw this motherhood forum. I am trully sorry for the unhappiness and unsatisfaction experienced by some of you. I did not want to explain much on this forum as I did not want to be seemed promoting my BB services. We will be able to compensate to those who feels that the service we gave you earlier was not to your expectation based on case by case basis. Do call me directly at this number 92221544.Our priority is you the customer to be happy and satisfy with our service. Thank you for the feedback and this will help me to improve futher on the quality and standard of my therapists.

Hi Ally,
Just to find out more information, is your therapist have many yrs experience or just went for short courses only? How old are they and do you trained your therapist personally? As a 1st time mummy, I want to have someone experience to serve me during my postnatal sessions.

Hi Grace,
We do have in house training to ensure the quality and standardisation of our service.Do call me directly as a company we are not supposed to discuss anything pertaining to our business.
happy.gif

Hi Ally,
Thank and will contact you if I were to engage your company service. I'm still looking around for recommendations.

Hi Grace,
Maybe you could get recommendations frm frens or mummies here. I had my postnatal done by traditional holistic postnatal centre after reading many gd reviews by mummies here. Tried their prenatal service and I enjoy my sessions.

Hello,

I'm in my week 30, 1st pregnancy. I've tried their pre-natal service twice. First time in my wk 20, I was attending by a therapist in her late 40s. She was experienced n gave me advice on various things. She will ask me what kind of massage oil I wanted to use. The strength used was okay for me. I found the massage very detailed. At the end of the massage, the recep or probably the boss was not pushy abt her svc, in which I was very grateful. I dislike hard selling. I did not sign up anything.

I went there the 2nd time in my week 26 as I was having pain on my legs. I gave them a last minute call. And yes I was in. A diff therapist, in her early 30s, attended me. It's too relaxing til I fell asleep. Strength was adequate too. She didn't give me advice though. I did not tell them that my legs were painful at all so the therapist did not attempt to massage them more than usual but my legs felt much better after the massage.

I didn't try any other prenatal massage from other big companies e.g. Bel****** or Rus*** Ni*****, so I cannot comment on if u pay big bucks, u will get superb svc. I will go for cheap and reasonable svc.

Overall I find their svc good and the price is okay. At the end of 2nd session, I signed up their post-natal massage package of 7 days. I also found out that I can request to do pre-natal massage at home, although I need to pay a bit extra but Wow! That's great, especially if I am heavily pregnant.

The only bad thing about the massage was that they used too much massage oil and did not provide any hot towel to let us wrap it off. My whole body was so oily til my clothes were full of oil. My feet were oily and I had to walk extremely carefully or else I might fall. So DO NOT attempt to go shopping after that. Probably I will feedback to them on my 3rd visit to them.

Back