My OSCAR result is bad - 1:110. I'm 40 yrs old. Really want this baby dearly. I managed to conceive after trying for 3 years since my D&C in 2006. Very worried but i'm thinking of skipping the amnio. Any mummies with poor OSCAR result but did not go for amnio?
i think this really depends on what you really want. You need to ask yourself would you keep the child if it is DS? if you are very positive that you are keeping this child even if he/she is DS, then no need to go for amnio.
However, if you have reservation and whether the baby is DS will affect your decision to keep the child, mayb it's good to do the amnio. For the peace of mind. Else, when you give birth and really suay suay, is a DS, you may face a lifelong regret.
I think I read somewhere that there is another type of detailed scan which can also determine whether the child is DS. is done in Camden Medical Center. Let me go and find and see if I can find the thread and post here for you to see
Sorry, I wasn;t able to find the detailed scan info which I read earlier. but managed to find this thread on forum. They talked about Amnio and some mummies have similar experience as you. Mayb you would like to take a look and contact them.
i have similar result as you but decided not to do amnino test. The risk of miscarriage in amino test is also 1:100. To me, this a even greater risk. I have also tried for a few years before getting pregnant so will not want to take this risk.
Will wait for the detailed scan in wk 20, where they can look at other organs' (like heart and liver) growth which can also provide some indicators of DS. Also read somewhere in this forum that a lot of mummies have feedback that OSCAR test are not that accurate.
The detailed scan can kind of indicate to a certain extend whether the child has DS. The sonographer who did the detailed scan for me told me that baby has both upper and lower lips as well as nose bridge...If the fetus has these characteristics, less likely to be DS...
if you hv the intention to keep the baby no matter what outcome than dont do the amnio test.
I just gave birth to my ger this mar and my oscar is 1:43, i am also 40yrs but i did go for my amnio test and it is done by Dr TC Chang. He is the high risk pregnancy doc in TMC and he is very good and skillful. Anyway this is my second time doing amnio.
I think I remember seeing you posting in IVF thread before. I've had my IVF 2 weeks earlier than you and if I remember correctly, did you have OHSS and had to be hospitalised? I had OHSS & had to stay in KKH for 11 days.
My blood test result is 1:11 and for scan, 1:600 for Twin1 & 1:950 for Twin2.
Combined result is 1:14 for Twin1 and 1:19 Twin2.
This is weird, how come our ratio is so different.
Think no one here has worst result here than me.
I think I'll most prob be going for amnio.
Sometimes I wonder if IVF, OHSS did affect the blood test result. I've asked Dr SF Loh but he said no effect.
Yeah. I was in IVF thread b4 and I did admitted to hospital for abt 10 days for ohss.
My gynea is Dr Sadhana. I've already emailed to my gynea seeking advise and now waiting for her reply. I really dun know abt the cause of the high risk blood test that we had.
One ivf sister actually told me that she had similar results (she is having twins too and her overall risk factor is 1:20) and she demanded to have her blood re-tested again. (According to her, KK protocol is to have blood test done only once. Thus, she demanded all the way to the upper mmgt for re-test). In the end, the overall result risk factor came back to be 1:2000!!!!!. Weird, right? How come can deviate so much????
FYI, someone in the IVF MTB forum did said that blood test is not so accurate for twins but KK thinks otherwise. In Gleneagles, BT will not be performed for twins wor...
Anyway, I'm seeking 2nd opinion from a specialist. If result came back high risk, then I might do amnio like u do. When is your amnio test?
Actually I'm quite worried about amnio too. But Dr SF Loh said that most probably Prof John Tee will be doing the amnio and he's very experience in this, thus the risk for miscarriage has been much lowered.
BTW, who's the doc who did the scan for you? Mine, Dr June, did not suggest amnio straight away, but told me to go back for another scan before deciding on amnio. She mentioned that the possibility of both twin having DS is very very low.
Anyway, wait for Dr Sadhana's advice first. If you're looking for 2nd opinion, better go as soon as possible.
So how's your pregnancy so far? I've been vomiting since ET till now. We must take good care of ourselves.
advice needed! I am 34 and just had results for my Oscar test. was told it's a high risk showing 1 : 241 chances of DS. Don't think i want to go for amnio cos of risk of m/c. Plus dun think it will help anything since i am anti-abortion. But now the axiety and worrying everyday is killing me. any one with similar situation out there? any advice out there?
Like Scatterbrain, I've given birth to a healthy babygal. It was a great relief the moment I saw her when she was born (thankful that she's doesnt hv DS). I too hv been praying hard everyday that she'll be a healthy baby for 6 mths before she's born.
I am 35yo and 12wks+ with my 2nd preg after trying 4 yrs. My bb neck thickness 3.7mm but blood test show ok. combined result is shocking at 1:63. I did CVS immediately after NT scan, and now waiting for result is like hell to me. gynae even asked if i m prepared to keep or abort bb if d/s as neck thickness is no gd. could someone advise me???
I just got my adjuested risk result. The blood test was not good and it came out to be 1:10. The ultrasound is good. therfore the whole result came out to be 1:28. I am going for the amino acid on next week. Please advice if anyone is about the same case as me that is the blood test came out to be bad and at the end the amino acid turns out baby is healthy.