Please recommend good and safe stretch mark cream or oil......

sarita

Hi all....

I am 15 weeks pregnant.I want to know which stretch mark cream is safe and effective during pregnancy.There are so many brands in market ,so got confused. Many recommended Bio Oil and Palmer'S Coco butter Massage lotion.But I checked online and found dt Bio oil contains retinol which is not safe for baby. Palmer's contain Salicylate which is also not safe.

So m quite confused. Please suggest what to do.My dr advised for olive oil.Can anyone suggest safe stretch mark cream.Also please recommend Olive oil brand which I can use.

Any reviews for Elancyl stretch mark cream???

Thanks....

IMG-20160429-WA0012.jpg

I use clarins. I apply them each time I bathe or shower. I finish 4 bottles of it. No stretch mark after giving birth.

Hi all, I have also been using the Clarins tonic oil since 1st trimester but developed stretch marks from 3rd trimester on, so I do think genes play a large role. I still recommend using the Clarins oil because it smells heavenly and can treat it as a daily relaxation ritual :)

Initially, I was using bio oil and suddenly I saw stretch marks and switch to clarins stretch mark cream. Sales lady was asking me to get the tonic oil too. But heard after showering will have some cooling effect? I am in my 8mths and still scare of cold. I dun feel hot or sweating a lot.

I read a lot on this but it seems all the creams n oil result seems vague but I really do not wanna risk it. Even friends and doctors tell u it's no use using all the cream n oil. ANW, I come across article on castor oil for stretch mark n skin elasticity but the smell isn't very pleasant so I'm currently mixing Cold Pressed Castor Oil With Extra Virgin Olive Oil, I massage in after shower. N I apply cream at other times.

Last edited:
I guess the stretch marks depends on each individual body. Applying cream or oil to give more moisture. And if stretch marks develop, by applying is only to reduce the redness, hoping later on it can become like white markings but the stretch marks will always be there.

There is not scientific proof the creams and oil can prevent stretch marks.

At 15 weeks pregnancy is when you are going to the second trimester. At this stage of the pregnancy most pain usually facing at the beginning of the pregnancy is usually not there anymore. So, before using any cream just consult with your doctor. When I was 10 weeks pregnant, I confirmed with my expert and they said, don't use Bio oil which is not safe for your baby

Last edited:
I was starting to worry I would never find a remedy for dark red stretch marks. However, after reading lots of reviews about dermalmd serum for stretch mark, I decided to try it out. It’s been less than a month and I’m already seeing significant changes! I’m sure it will take a while longer for them to fade completely, I am pleased with the result. It’s a small bottle but the serum is thick and a little goes a long way.

Back