Please help! Cannot pee (urinary retention) after delivery.

janeleenewmum

Hi all, I delivery naturally 2 weeks ago and is still on catheter as I cannot pee on my own. I recently did a trial of void but still cannot pee.
Doctors did share that this is an issue that will resolve itself, however, we have not heard about this condition from people around us.

Anyone that been through this can share how long you took to recover, or if you recovered at all? I am very stressed out and depressed that I will need to be on catheter for life. Any comments is appreciated... Thanks.

Hello! I just gave birth last month, had the same problem as you. It have been two weeks and I am still on catheter, felt equally helpless and depressed each time I fail to pee when the doctor remove the catheter. Do you mind sharing how have you been? Have you recover?

Hello! I just gave birth last month, had the same problem as you. It have been two weeks and I am still on catheter, felt equally helpless and depressed each time I fail to pee when the doctor remove the catheter. Do you mind sharing how have you been? Have you recover?

Hi! I have recovered after 1 months.

after 2 weeks of failing to pee on my own at nuh, i went to mount e to see pearlyn quek. she did some therapy for me for 2 weeks which made my pelvic floor feels less tense but still unable to pee. she then gave me the option to self catheterise. but the very night i went home, i just squeezed and managed to pee as per normal from then on.

its very scary because its not a common issue and there's v little information online. its also very scary if you are paranoid about it being a permanent issue. joining Facebook groups with people facing same problems really helps you can search on facebook postpartum unirary retention and read other people story.

one thing i can share is that, so far. every single story that ive read and people with similar condition managed to recover. and really try not too worry too much, although i know its really really easier said then done. let me know if you have more questions.

Hello!! Happy to hear that you have recovered!! Thank you a lot for your reply, it really did make me feel better knowing there is someone out there with the same problem and have recovered! There is really very limited information about this online when I try searching, did not know there is a fb group! Okie, I shall try joining the fb grp!
Thank you very very much for all the information!!

Hello!! Happy to hear that you have recovered!! Thank you a lot for your reply, it really did make me feel better knowing there is someone out there with the same problem and have recovered! There is really very limited information about this online when I try searching, did not know there is a fb group! Okie, I shall try joining the fb grp!
Thank you very very much for all the information!!
all the best. anytime u feel lost can just reply here or drop me a private message. Happy to share information since i know its really very scary and i totally understand what you are going through.

Back