Please convince me to stay with in law

Anyone stay with in law after marriage life? Are you prefer to have own privacy after experienced it?..
really depends whether your living style can blend in with them or not. for me im blessed as i have no issue with my inlaws & I've been staying with them for 10 over years. they helped me take care of my dog when we're not at home,cook for us whenever they free,do some minor housework too. we dont have much conflicts too,except some very minor ones which close 1 eye can already. now that my 1st bb is coming out, they're willing to help me do confinement & take care of bb when i go back to work.
as for privacy, yes you may have lesser than staying on yr own. think otherwise if they can help u jaga baby for awhile, you can go out dating with your husband too.

My in law is kind uderstanding persons. But my hubby prefer to buy a resell unit and rent out his parents unit. Meanwhile, we must let go our planning of having own house. Initially I was planning to have kids next year onward as my hubby love kids so much. My only concern is the room and space enough for own small family. If I planning to have a family of 4..I would rather work hard and save more just to build our space. My hubby thinking is he already give me the best which is stay together to save more money. This case, I might change my mind to have kids.

I think at a stage of time, we will want to have our own house. I bet you both are still young?
Like for us, we stayed with in-law for a period of time.. Later on, we moved out after we got our own house.
When staying with in law, I do tell my hubby that for time being, we are not going to have kids till we have our own house.
So well... Maybe you can talk/discuss with your hubby too

Yes, I telling him we planning for kids after we get own house. He hope to have kids as soon as possible too. But..can't understand why have to get another house for everyone instead ours.

Well, maybe he want to rent out the whole unit (parent's house) in order to have additional income?
Buying a resale unit is also yours right?

I think at a stage of time, we will want to have our own house. I bet you both are still young?
Like for us, we stayed with in-law for a period of time.. Later on, we moved out after we got our own house.
When staying with in law, I do tell my hubby that for time being, we are not going to have kids till we have our own house.
So well... Maybe you can talk/discuss with your hubby too
How old are you when have your first kid?

really depends whether your living style can blend in with them or not. for me im blessed as i have no issue with my inlaws & I've been staying with them for 10 over years. they helped me take care of my dog when we're not at home,cook for us whenever they free,do some minor housework too. we dont have much conflicts too,except some very minor ones which close 1 eye can already. now that my 1st bb is coming out, they're willing to help me do confinement & take care of bb when i go back to work.
as for privacy, yes you may have lesser than staying on yr own. think otherwise if they can help u jaga baby for awhile, you can go out dating with your husband too.

Issues may arise when baby comes along unless you are those super easy going type. no matter what, it is two generations of different upbringing ways.

After marriage, we stayed with the in-laws while waiting for our BTO flat to be ready. It was about 2 and half years that we stayed with them.
There will of course be conflict here and there as we have a different upbringing compared to our partner. It isn't easy but it's not that difficult either. Compromise and sometimes deaf ears are important.
I had my fair share of unhappiness with the in laws. I took it out on my husband then. Hahhaha who else, right? But after that, I sat back and reflect. To be fair to them, it's their first time too staying with a daughter in law. They are adjusting as much as I am. After a while, say couple of months, all of us kinda ok with each other's habits. (Have to close alot of eyes often and play deaf ears!)
For privacy before we had our baby, we used to drive up to jb for a night stay at the hotel there, once a month. Spore hotel too expensive lah if do too often.

Actually it is always the husband that gets sandwich in the middle. Should move to somewhere near even upstairs or downstairs but not in the same house.

相见容易同住难

Anyone stay with in law after marriage life? Are you prefer to have own privacy after experienced it?..

It always better not to stay together. Even with our own family like parents or siblings also have problem. How can avoid having problems when stay with in law? Tell or nag at spouse only will make relationship worse and also they won't like it. Jus like u also won't him to nag to tell u about ur parents how ur siblings what.

Once awhile maybe can ignore but if too often not a good sign for relationship.

No matter how nice or good in laws are they still not our own parents. Certain things still a gap.

It always better not to stay together. Even with our own family like parents or siblings also have problem. How can avoid having problems when stay with in law? Tell or nag at spouse only will make relationship worse and also they won't like it. Jus like u also won't him to nag to tell u about ur parents how ur siblings what.

No matter how nice or good in laws are they still not our own parents. Certain things still a gap.
Even staying with our own parents also will have conflicts.......

Agreed!

agree!

most importantly, your spouse can complained about their own parents. when u started to complain too much, he not happy.

i've learnt to keep my mouth shut & few words to say to my in-laws. as long as their actions don't compromise the health or safety of my one year old.

Confirm hv conflict if u have a choice stay on ur own. my cordial relationship with in laws turned into not talking for more than 5 yrs and forever.

Back