Please avoid hiring a FDW from this Maid Agency.

Leonard1234567

Recently we hired a Myanmese maid from this employment agency "Maid Avenue". Office is located @ Golden Mile Complex. Though she has no prior maid working experience in Sg, we decided to try her out based on agency's claim her command of English is manageable. Even had a video interview with her and she responded ok to my questions.

However when she started to work for us, we realised she could not understand our instructions. She misunderstood watever we say and often does her chores incorrectly. She never clarify her doubts with us and always wrongly assume our intentions. We were patient in communicating with her, taught her English. That's when I realised I was conned during the interview, probably someone else answered on her behalf.

A month passed with barely any improvement but built up frustration. She told us she wanna go home. We told her to try working till 90D probation up and got agent to persuade. She agreed initially but asked for transfer a fortnight later. She wanted to stop working for us immediately.

Agent took her back and demanded we sign her release papers ASAP or else they will have to back charge her dorm accommodation costs to us. We felt we have been unfairly treated and held ransom in every perspective. It is her choice to move out, we still have to foot her daily dorm charges.

Despite facing all problems and inconvenience of hiring an unqualified maid, we had been put @ their beck and call. Agent offered us very limited replacement choices that do not meet our basic requirements. Agent didn't find any suitable candidate for our interview. We wanted to avoid reoccurrence of such nature.

Time dragged on with no positive reply from Maid Avenue. Hence we had to approach another maid agency and incurr another bill of fees, advance loans. Maid Avenue deducted $580 admin charges from our outstanding loan as per contract and did not absorb any dorm charges by her.

We are relating our grievances we suffered in encountering an unprofessional agency like Maid Avenue whom I feel hustles more than helping clients find an suitable maid.

Adding to the lis is Innova Resource Pte Ltd (Hougang Green). The maid used to be of good quality with responsible agents in Myanmar. Now is bad. Got 2 previously from this agency before. The current one is a joke. Sleep when working, look for other agent for transfer from internet herself causing problem with 3 months. Asked this agency to call myanmar agent to talk to her but never did dispute mahy chasing. Ask for replacement maid. They said no maid during covid. Now the maid dont want to work within 7 minths, the agent says snet her back at my cost. This is a recommended transfer maid. This agent says the previous employer do not want her because their old maid came back. When i ask the current maid one day she told me thenprevoous employer do kot want her be ausenshe was sleeping during work. Moreover, this agent keep pushing her to
Me saying there is no new maid dur to covid and recommended this one. Best is they said the last employer never tell them her problem. Rediculous. So now needs to fork out more to send her back. Anyway, beware of this agent. The wife who previously runs the hougang branch is genuine and truthful hut not the husband now who takes over.

I have the similar encounter with Valuemax Employment Agencies located at Yishun Blk 293 Yishun St 22 #01-227. The agent Pearlyn not professional enough to manage conflict and not able to coach problematic FDW. Upon sending back the FDW to her. Supposingly to have the replacement maid due to her poor performance. Later the maid demanded to go back to home country and ended up we have to pay for her air ticket back home town. And there go off for the replacement. Overcharging of transportation fee at $150. After negotiations, I managed to waive off but later part, I was asked to charge $80 instead. Lack of trust and poor service. Will be logging in a dispute to MOM and CASE on this agency for the lack of ethics, of course supported with relevant evidence. I am writing this to alert anyone who is looking for FDW, pls beware on such poor service employment agency for FDW. VALUEMAX EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES. LOCATED AT Yishun.

Would like to sound a warning on BUDGETMAID at BUKIT TIMAH PALZA. They are very unethical in their dealings, with the mindset that once you have signed with them, they no longer have any obligation to you, while on the other hand, you are bound by what you have signed. It is very one-sided, with the greed shown knowing no bounds. Besides that, they also have the very bad habit of not answering or replying to your calls for help, should you be unlucky enough to need to ask for a replacement even during the eligible period. They show a very closed mindset and are only interested in generating more business, without rendering due service and courtesy. Their agency fee advertised is on the low side, but there are many hidden costs, such that you end up paying about 4x more than what you had thought. Most unprofessional, all in all, so please beware. My experience with them was a real nightmare which I would not wish repeated on anyone .

I had a horrible experience with Prestigious Employment Agency at AMK Blk 714 (Selene and Patrick). My helper started giving me problems and ran back to agency. Instead of trying to resolve the issues, Prestgious agency wilfully obstructed communications with helper, threatened to send debt collector to my house and also took me to small claims tribunal for an increasing amount of lodging fees (all without my knowledge or agreement). The State court dismissed Prestigious EA’s claims and I don’t have to pay a cent. Selene and Patrick are very unreasonable and uncooperative. It was $6.7k down the drain for me and my helper worked only 3months.

Anyone reading this post, PLEASE avoid this agency if possible. Good luck and take care!

Back