PGD out of SG

towkayneo

Hello, I have 2 frozen embryos in KKH. Was thinking of transferring them out of Singapore for PGD, to find out the gender before doing embryo transfer.

Has anybody successfully done that?

Hi, i am looking for PGD in bankok or sg, is it possible for you to help me..i am worried about baby health after bourn and financ cost and clinic to choose. Please help if possible.

Have you managed to successfully transfer your embryos out of Singapore. This is allowed by Singapore government?
Hi, are you also planning for PGD? i am also exploring to do the same just worried about the baby health after PGD. i have same set of people in a whasapp group who are going or planning for PGD. let me know if we can help each other in the grup.if yes, plz share ur mobile no to add u.

Hi, are you also planning for PGD? i am also exploring to do the same just worried about the baby health after PGD. i have same set of people in a whasapp group who are going or planning for PGD. let me know if we can help each other in the grup.if yes, plz share ur mobile no to add u.

Arun, I would like to join the group chat and I have messaged you.

Dear Arun, thanks for inviting me to your whatsapp group. I just wanted you to share in the forum what you know about the law in Singapore, whether the government allows the export of your own embryos to a foreign fertility clinic of your choice?

You can ask MOH directly about this.

Have you managed to successfully transfer your embryos out of Singapore. This is allowed by Singapore government?
No I didn't. I know for Singapore law, you are not allowed to import embryos. Exporting to countries like Malaysia is possible. Bangkok doesn't allow import of embryos.

I would say the baby's health will definitely not be affected after PGD.

I would say the baby's health will definitely not be affected after PGD.
Are you from SG, since never saw any PGD baby...so little worry...have u done or know somebody who have done? We wuld love to see them..if possible

Are you from SG, since never saw any PGD baby...so little worry...have u done or know somebody who have done? We wuld love to see them..if possible

U mean u would like to see a pgd baby or just chat with the parents. PGD baby is not a product n it’s insulting to even have the thought of viewing him or her. U can read up more on pgd n if u are so worried don’t do it.

U mean u would like to see a pgd baby or just chat with the parents. PGD baby is not a product n it’s insulting to even have the thought of viewing him or her. U can read up more on pgd n if u are so worried don’t do it.
Just chat with parents...about baby health mostly..

Just chat with parents...about baby health mostly..
On the contrary - in fact PGD will sieve out whatever genetic illnesses the embryos have and transplant those with no genetic issues.

I don't get you when you mentioned about will PGD affect baby's health? In what way? Perhaps instead of trying to get parents of PGD kids to talk to you, why not you check with the doc? They are the best to advise.

https://americanpregnancy.org/infertility/preimplantation-genetic-diagnosis/

No I didn't. I know for Singapore law, you are not allowed to import embryos. Exporting to countries like Malaysia is possible. Bangkok doesn't allow import of embryos.
Dear Towkayneo, you know any members here who have exported their embryos from Singapore to Malaysia. I like to ask them about the necessary paperwork and procedures.

Hi, i am looking for PGD in bankok or sg, is it possible for you to help me..i am worried about baby health after bourn and financ cost and clinic to choose. Please help if possible.

Here are the latest rules on PGD/PGS in Thailand:

Is pre-implantation genetic screening an option in Thailand?

Thailand permits pre-implantation genetic screening, which is usually done in the following cases:

• The female is over 35 years of age
  • If the female has had more than 2 abortions/miscarriages prior to 12 weeks of pregnancy
  • Couples with a history of recurrent miscarriage
  • Known to have unusual genes
  • Has failed to become pregnant from IVF after 2 consecutive attempts
  • Has previously given birth to a child suffering from birth defects
  • There is reason to believe that there is an embryo irregularity
  • Severe male factor infertility

Me, i exported my 2 frozen embryos to JB for PGD.
I wish , by now you would have got the results of PGD as you wish. But i heard gender selection is not legal in MY as well?

And, have you implemented them successfully by now ? Wish u good luck.

Hello all, yes, i managed to transport the 2 frozen embryos to Malaysia's TMC (Under Dr Fabian) and they did the PGD/PGS and sadly both embryos couldn't be used for transfer. So i'm back to square one, but at least I know one of the frozen embryos is a boy.

In this covid19 situation, I personally wouldn't recommend anybody to transfer their embryos out of SG now. Yes, your embryos are out of SG, tests have shown they are perfect (and to your preferred gender too). the thing is, you still have to travel out of Singapore for the embryo transfer and JB is a red zone now. The risk is too high.

Back