PD Edmund KOH at Tiong Bahru

yasmin

Hi Mummies and MTBs.

Dr Edmund is my baby's PD. Would like to inform that he has changed clinic. He is no longer with the TMC, paedetric centre. He is at the family clinic at blk 18, Jalan Membina. Opp Tiong Bahru Plaza.

Cheers!

Hi Yasmin B,

I had received a letter from his clinic a while ago. They introduced another doc to us. So does that mean that another doc is taking over his clinic at Tiong Bahru Plaza?

Hi beary_Voo,

He is very gd. He is a friendly person. My gal have seen him a no. of times. She recovers fast after every visit.

happy.gif

Dr koh resigned. think he set up his own practice.
juz saw the new doc, dr wong, at tiong bahru children's clinic last wk. he seems more thorough in his checking and v friendly.
was abit confused w Dr edmund koh. he gave his new clinic address. blk 40 something but when i called, an automated message mentioned he's in another clinic. huh?

Thanks Lili
do you have the contact? Cos i think the clinic at Tiong Bahru central plaza is no longer there after that place underwent a facelift. Not sure where it has moved.

the clinic is still there with dr wong. heard he's quite nice as well. but i have yet to see him.

Doc Koh moved to the building opp TB plaza at blk 18. the family clinic. he's nice and friendly. but i must admit he's not the usual doc kind. a bit soft la. but i think that's ok for a PD
happy.gif
jules and daymoon, do u feel the same way?

Hi Yasmin, u r quite right. i always remember him saying, " Hello mummy.." in his gentle way.
m curious abt dr koh's new consultation charges. anyone knows?

Went to Dr Wong again as my girl have running nose. 7pm reached, was told 4 patient before me. Waited for 1 ½ hr then our turn. Dr Wong can be very detailed.
Unlike Dr Koh, very fast.

Dr Koh's consultation charges vary for patients I think. I realised that if u deliver at TMC, ur charges are cheaper at paediatric centre. And iF you're Dr Koh's regular you enjoy the same rate with him. I paid $40 for my consultation. But won't say that everyone gets it.

jules
i can't help but smile when he talks to my boy. he would say things in a sing song manner like "let's see ur nosey nosey" or an elongated why...hehe...my boy enjoys it! I think he sees him as some playmate.hehe..

Ladies
Thanks for the contacts on Dr Koh and Dr Wong. Got both their namecards from the respective clinics. But I am now not sure which one to choose.

Dr Edmund Koh is a very nice & friendly PD
happy.gif
He was the PD we were referred to by my gynae immediately after i gave birth, cos my gynae said my bb's heartbeat not so gd after a 1.5hrs "actual" labour time (i.e. start pushing & all). So Dr. Koh helped to check on my bb. Everything was ok.

But abt juz a few days after bb & i were discharged, my bb developed a high level of jaundice & we went back to Dr. Koh at Tiong Bahru Plaza. He said we had to immediately admit bb back to TMC to undergo phototherapy.

I was quite upset that my bb had to be under the lights for 4 days long!! But Dr. Koh was very thoughtful & he asked for the best "bed" for my bb thru out the 4 days phototherapy, which was the Medela brand one with soft gel-like-looking "bedding", while the rest were juz bath-tub hard-looking types, juz put bb inside.

It felt very reassuring to kn my bb was under good & special care especially it was such a long phototherapy for him. Thanks to Dr. Koh!
happy.gif

Hi, As Dr Wong is previously from KK hospital, so he is more detailed in the checking. He works at the emergency dept. My eldest daughter was having cough for many months & the other doctors & Dr Koh can't find the reason that causes it. After visiting Dr Wong, we was told the cough was due to her nose allegy & we are pleased that she recovered very fast. I am glad that he was with Tiong Bahru Paedetric Centre now which is more convenience rather than go all the way to KK.

Hi all,

I just visited Dr Wong last week. He is definitely so much more detailed than Dr Edmund Koh. He will insist on giving a detailed check on my gal's throat even if he has to do it by force...hehe..Quite glad for the detailed check tho my gal did not really enjoy it. At least, it makes me feel more at ease. More importantly, i paid only ard $50+ for consultation plus medicine (Inclusive of TMC FBI discount.)

For Dr Edmund Koh, he seems to be more into getting the child entertained with minimal checks. My gal did not really get well with him. Also, he is more keen to give antibiotics unlike Dr Wong who believes in normal medicine. More imptly, his medical bill always come up to at least $80.

Hi I visited Dr Koh in his new clinic, his charges are still very high, even the next day we went back for another visit, charges still high & the medicines he gave seems like a lot for a small kid

Dr Wong is very detailed in the checking as compared to Dr Koh.
Hubby also prefer Dr Wong than Dr Koh. So, we will stick with Dr Wong.

Hi Yasmin,

Thanks for providing Dr Edmund Koh's new clinic address here....am looking for him.

Few weeks ago went to see the new PD Dr Wong due to my girl's runny nose...felt that he is not as good compare to Dr Ed Koh, he used the tube to suck out the mucus but did not do a good job..i even have to tell Dr Wong, perhaps you want to clear the dirt in the nose first before using the tube like how Dr Ed Koh usually does.

Now i know where Ed Koh is, i can go look for him.

Thanks once again...Dr Ed Koh is still be best.

Hi Yasmin,

Thanks for providing Dr Edmund Koh's new clinic address here....am looking for him.

Few weeks ago went to see the new PD Dr Wong due to my girl's runny nose...felt that he is not as good compare to Dr Ed Koh, he used the tube to suck out the mucus but did not do a good job..i even have to tell Dr Wong, perhaps you want to clear the dirt in the nose first before using the tube like how Dr Ed Koh usually does.

Now i know where Ed Koh is, i can go look for him.

Thanks once again...Dr Ed Koh is still be best.

I saw Dr Edmund Koh at Jalan Membina as recommended by a friend after visiting Dr Wong in January for my son's fever and cough which did not get better. Dr Koh is a warm and attentive doctor. He has this ability of engaging my boy while he diagnosed his problem. Very important for my boy who was fretful and restless from the fever. After a thorough examination, he prescribed some medicine and patiently explained to me what they for. I felt reassured and most importantly, my boy's condition improved and he is well now. I am continuing with Dr Koh for my son's vaccinations which are very reasonably-priced. I appreciate Dr Koh's thoughtfulness and good clinical skills.

hi mummies

i went to see Dr koh abt 2 yrs ago , that time my ger has fever for more den 4 days and i was pregnant w twins so i cannot go all the way to my pd at ME so went to see him . I feel that he is nt so detail and he seems to be rushing at that time (heard from nurse hehas to go to MA for some emergency thing ) and he said my ger has throat infection and gave her antibotic , my ger did nt recover aft seeing him so i went back to my pd and things got better .

contact Dr Koh's clinic to check if can take vaccination jab now when infant ctr have HFMD. the nurse passed the phone directly to Dr Koh himself.. and he answer my queries directly... hmmm considering him for just vaccination only... his charges $128

Abt $100 per visit. Depending on the medications,as the consultation ard $40-50. Don't really like the Family Clinic he is working with now, as the nurse is not so experience in kids and furthermore he is also seeing adults.

cocobunz,
usually when i go si dr. koh i pay around 40-45.. excluding any meds if have..

i'm also confused, which one is good.. dr koh or dr wong? so far i've only seen dr koh. i find his checkups on bb quite fast. but dr koh is very friendly and will answer any of your questions. the only thing i don't like about the family clinic is like what guest99 said.. he is also seeing adults now.

below were a few items that I considered:
-both dr are equally friendly, good and answer to your questions
-both dr charges are more or less the same
-dr koh..not so detail in checking...might missed out certain stuff if i forgot to mention
-dr wong..detail in checking...might take more longer time for each kid
-family clinic..not so clean and tidy...nurse not experience..even not too sure on how to measure height of my 5 mths old baby and missed out some of my medicines..and also have to share clinic with adults
-pedia centre in tb..juz got renovated...clean and neat...nurse friendly and experience in kids...clinic only for kids
...so...it depends on you..
for me...dr wong

Mummies, for those with TMC's FBI card, both Dr Koh and Dr Wong are NOT in the list, hence no discount on consultation. But I think I will still go to Dr Wong cos is near my place. If I go with the list of PDs in the FBI card list, I may still end up paying more, considering the time, petrol and carpark fee spent. Another consideration is that when bb is sick, I really don't want to spend too much time on travelling just to save a few dollars.

Just to share my thoughts after reading this forum:

I have seen Dr Koh for my children from Day One seven years ago when he started the clinic at Tiong Bahru Central Plaza. I now visit him at his current clinic at Jalan Membina in Tiong Bahru because my kids and I are very comfortable with him. Dr Koh is a competent and dedicated doctor. He responds promptly even after office hours.I just had a newborn and when I go to the 24-hour clinic at TMC and asks for him, he would personally come down to see my child. He always has a smile for you.

His current clinic may not be spanking new but it is decent and clean. His nurses are cheerful and helpful in any way they can. In fact, the nurse at Paed Centre where I used to see Dr Koh before he left could be very abrupt and she had even billed me wrongly! So everyone makes mistakes...

Everyone is entitled to their personal preference based on their priorities but please do not put down any doctor, his/her clinic and their nurses. My priority is the personal touch from Dr Koh, not the physical environment of the clinic. By the way, Dr Koh accepts FBI at his clinic even though he is not listed on the FBI list.

Srumpee : the FBI or SBI entitle you a 5% off your consultation for TMC Children/PD centre.

i was with Dr Koh previously because my gynea is Dr Woo, next door (convenient). i also share the same exp, Dr Koh is not very details. sometimes i find that he was just trying to get things done asap. if i asked to many questions, his answer can be sarcastic. but since my girl was seeing him since birth so i just close one eye lor.

Dr Wong, loves him (both me and my hubby).
my #2 girl is 8 mths now and has been seeing him since day 1. and now my #1 also with him.
he is details, he is polite. gentle in my view..... he'll make sure we understand every single thing he said. he even teach us how to calculate how much some common medication a baby or toddler should take (to prevent overdose). because i told him another doc gave my girl certain amt and he told me to reduced it, is to much for a 3 years old.

hi, would like to give some feedback as i've seen both PDs before.

My girl's original PD is at RH but sometimes emergency or night time high fever need to see PD so went to TB PD centre. First time there was by Dr Koh. Found him then to be ok and quite gentle with my girl but somehow my girl just not comfy with him and will cry at each visit... sometimes even just went into his clinic only my girl will wail (she was only 1 yr old then). but i realized that the med he gave maybe not compatible or wat cos my girl just doesn't get well and i always have to go back to her PD at RH the next working day so i always end up seeing 2 PDs at the same time.
Then later on change to Dr Wong, I find that he can engage with my girl better and he is very detailed indeed. My girl tends to get sore throat or throat inflammation quite easily and Dr Wong told me about her extra large tonsils on the first visit and told me to take note and it's exactly what the PD at RH told me and this caused her frequent sore throat. But Dr Koh did not managed to detect this at all. And the medicine Dr Wong gave also seems to work better on my girl. So now when my girl is sick, first PD i go to now is Dr Wong instead of RH (cos RH is more exp) and never the need to see 2 PDs now.

Can anyone provide the address and contact number for Dr Wong's clinic?

My 8 months old boy is currently seeing a PD in Paragon, but realised that he is not very detailed with his checking, so would like to have a change.

Thanks!

hi, after reading this forum, i went to see Dr wong as i havent find a good PD that im comfortable with. initally i was with EK ONg at TMC but i find the Q too long and he was always hurrying me and in the end i gave up gg to him. so i went to GP for my boy immunisation. but i tot that its better to have a PD to do a thoroug check every now and then. so i went to dr wong

i must say, the Q was quite fast and not as crowded as in TMC. and Dr wong is very patient and very detail in checking my boy who only 3 mths old. he told me to fill up the caregiver assessment and i told him some of the assessment task im not sure whether i do it correctly and not sure it a yes or no. so he told me no worry he will do for me. which i greatly appreciate. he will ring a bell beside my boy line of sight and even help me to put him on tummy to check if he able to achieve the milestone of raising his neck at 45 degree. cos at home normally i don put my boy on his tummy as he fuss alot.

i think that is very kind effort of drwong to do the extra.

and i got alot of qns and he take time to ans them.
so im very happy wif dr wong and will start to use him from now on ward.

Back