PCF sparkletots vs Reggio Emilia childcare

Hewlee

Hi guys,

Does anyone here send their kids to ulu pandan PCF sparkletots?

I am currently choosing between a Reggio Emilia Pte childcare vs the PCF. We really love to enroll our kid to be the private childcare but it's really far from home. It's in a private estate only accessible by car vs the PCF which is within walking distance.

Both cost are within budget, so cost aside for consideration factors. We hope to seek some opinions on your experience with PCF especially the ulu pandan branch before making our decision. Thanks :).

Hi there,

My 13 month old is with ulu pandan PCF sparkletots (located at ghim moh). She's with the infantcare over and had been there for the past 1 year. Based on what you've shared, your 1st choice is the private childcare. So why not leave with some inconvenience on your end (leave house earlier and reach home slightly later) if putting your child in a government childcare isn't assuring.

Similar to you, I stay within walking distance to PCF. My 1st choice was Little Skool House located at ulu pandan cc but anyway they were over subscribed when my girl was 3 months old. It really depends on your expectations towards a childcare centre. I'm pretty sure there's some minimum standards which all childcare centres have to meet. I do know some of the childcare teachers as they do help to chip in at the infantcare at times. Since my girl was there, I did not notice staff turnover (at least to infantcare and the limited number of childcare teachers I know). Secondly, the centre is well maintained as in its clean and the teachers welcome me to walk into the infantcare centre area whenever I pick up my girl. Thirdly, they are concerned for the child's health and well being. My girl was hospitalized in May this year due to acute bronchitis and a few teachers chipped in to get her a gift and 1 of them dropped by the hospital to visit her after work. As a parents, I do see that they hold pride in their job and it really matters.

I do hope you're able to gather more feedback to arrive at your final decision :)

Hey mawby,

Thank you for the sharing, we went to trial at the pcf. Overall the experience not so bad but I think quite like army style. U must conform to be the same otherwise quite hard.

Teacher are caring, but quite structured. They are asked to put their hands on the table and head down on the table when waiting for their meals to be serve. Likely this is the way the teacher has to keep the class in control due to the teacher children ratio. Personally I am not very comfortable with that cos like being punish before u even intend to make mistakes. But the teachers really knows the students well. The teacher knows each individual kid's style very well. I also notice that during class time, if 1 student not paying attention, the teacher stop the whole class to correct that student before continuing. End up the whole class momentum breaks off and have to rebuild again.

I guess it's once again it's on individual preference. Some of my friends prefers this style cause they feel their kids are too difficult to control and discipline. Honestly, I really feel the teacher cares for the students, So it's also not bad if the parent don't mind the structure and way of teaching.we managed to find another childcare ard the same area and will be enrolling there instead :).

Happy to hea
Hey mawby,

Thank you for the sharing, we went to trial at the pcf. Overall the experience not so bad but I think quite like army style. U must conform to be the same otherwise quite hard.

Teacher are caring, but quite structured. They are asked to put their hands on the table and head down on the table when waiting for their meals to be serve. Likely this is the way the teacher has to keep the class in control due to the teacher children ratio. Personally I am not very comfortable with that cos like being punish before u even intend to make mistakes. But the teachers really knows the students well. The teacher knows each individual kid's style very well. I also notice that during class time, if 1 student not paying attention, the teacher stop the whole class to correct that student before continuing. End up the whole class momentum breaks off and have to rebuild again.

I guess it's once again it's on individual preference. Some of my friends prefers this style cause they feel their kids are too difficult to control and discipline. Honestly, I really feel the teacher cares for the students, So it's also not bad if the parent don't mind the structure and way of teaching.we managed to find another childcare ard the same area and will be enrolling there instead :).

Happy to hear that you've found a suitable childcare :) It's really up to the parent's preference. There's 2 other privately run childcare near our area (am sure you know which are those). Guess we should be glad that we are not faced with over-subscribed childcare centres as we're staying in a matured estate :)

Back