Parkway Health East (East Shore)

enigma

Hi...

Im like wondering how much does the total cost to deliver at this hospital. I would like to know those who just delivered recently after they changed the name.

initially it was east Shore hospital right? I would like to know for normal birth (hopefully and im sure aiming for this) cost. Like how much upfront money do i need to give for 1 bedded.

Thanks!!

enigma

Hi,

When i gave birth to my boy in 2007 naturally, we paid less than 1K for a single room.

Hope this help [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi...gosh that is wen the name is still east shore hospital rite? im wondering about the charges now when it change the name to parkway health hospital...hehe

I am also keen to know but think not many mummies here choosing this hospital?? Anyway i have a friend who will be giving birth in this hospital in April 2011

i think there's not much change in the price, it's still among the cheapest private hosiptal.

they just upgrade the rooms, with 'duluxe' n 'victoria' room. these room are priced above the normal class A1 as duluxe is bigger and victoria is super luxury.

I gave birth to my gal in Aug 2010 after they changed the name. I paid about $1600 in cash for 1 bedroom. Mine is natural forcep delivery with epi. So pure natural birth should be slightly cheaper.

during the stay, 2D in ward, all things are provided for the baby.

things to bring

clothes, mitten, socks, hat for your baby when you bringing baby home.

receiving blanket (baby needs to be wrap)

for yourself,

1. your nightgown(unless you want to wear surgical gown throughout the 2 days) with buttons so you can breastfeed.

2. toiletries for bathing

3. maternity pads (i do not know if you can buy from them, but one packet is supplied during delivery)

4. clothes to wear for returning home

5. camera/videocam

6. breastpump (optional)

7. formula milk (if you do not breastfeed and want baby to drink your designated brand of formula milk)

that's all i can think of [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I deliver my girl this year FEB .. I can say I really enjoy thru out the 3days 2night stay.. All the staff there are v friendly n nice too.. N response fast [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] but food so-so..

Hi mommies,

I delivered on July 12 this year, at East Shore.

One major complain I have is the unprofessional service provided by the night shift staff. Although technically I can't say "staff" because I only came across 2 nurses who were extremely rude, whereas the others were all very nice and friendly.

On my first night, being a first time mother I really didn't know the proper way of breastfeeding, and thus I pressed the "PRESS FOR ASSISTANCE" button every time I needed help (I would say max 3 times per nite!). Instead of getting help, what I got was a ten-fold face and attitude. All I did was press the button, as soon as they opened the door, they were already giving me attitude, and I haven't even asked them to help me just yet. One of the nurses even pushed the baby 'cart' so roughly it bumped into the door!

All in all, these two nurses really should sit back and review their attitude, considering their profession as nurses, they really should make sure all patients (especially mothers who just went through labor!) are getting the best attitude ever.

On our last day just before leaving the hospital, we were asked by the customer service officer how our stay was during the 3 days. I was very tempted to report this case with specific names to her, but my husband stopped me. He did express his disappoinment (and described what happened) but refused to mention these nurses' names. Until today I still think I should have revealed the names.

I'm planning to have a second baby already and I definitely will not go back to this hospital (despite the fact that it's only a few minutes drive from my house).

As far as food goes (confinement and non conf.), I would say it's alright.

can anyone advise if it is required to bring BF pyjamas or front opening dresses/tops during the delivery?

i will be delivering at Parkway East, but the list advises to bring BF pyjamas or front opening dresses/tops for BF. but they would provide hospital gowns too.

can anyone advise whether is it because it wont be easy to BF wearing their hosital gown?

as well, is it necessary to bring breast pump there?

Hi! Jerlyn,

The hospital gown is given for you to wear when you are delivering ur baby. The next day after delivery and you are able to move around. You will be changing to your own pyjamas. Which is more comfortable. It would be advisable to wear those buttons pyjamas when you r breastfeeding.

As for breastpump, is up to individual. When you just gave birth, the milk won't kick in so fast. And also the stay is normally 3d/2n.

Hope my advise helps :)

sorry, another question.

i know they provide a packet of maternity pad. can anyone advise if its a packet of several maternity pads inside the pack or its really 1 packet of maternity pad?

it will be a pack of 10. but i m not exactly sure which type.. i think its the type u tie at the side.. u can bring urs in case u dun like theirs.

If i remember correctly, the brand is Kotex - the pink color packaging.

As I'm quite big-sized, my gynae ask me to use the sticker type. Quite uncomfortable lor ... to use string.

If you are bringing your own, bring around 10 pcs should be enough or else can ask your hubby to bring some when he visits you.

Don't bring too much things to the hospital cos' when you discharge, there will be a tub, a free diaper bag of information, etc.

Back