OSCAR Bad Results

grae08

Hi, Im a 28 year old from the philippines.It’s my first born baby. I got my result from my OSCAR test and it shows that my Nuchal Translucency is 3.50mm and nasal bone is 3:2mm. So my baby’s risk is 1:25☹ Which fall to High Risk. My OB advice us to do further test which is the amniocentesis. I’m so anxious with the result. Until now we can’t decide it yet. I’m on my 14 weeks today.

Hello! Don't worry too much for now. Perhaps you can consider doing NIPT such as harmony/panorama first, before delving straight into amniocentesis (which is recommended to be done after week 16). NIPT is 100% safe, 99% accurate and no risk of miscarriage, so you might want to explore that option first. Chances are everything is fine :) Boys in general have a higher NT as well.

Hello! Don't worry too much for now. Perhaps you can consider doing NIPT such as harmony/panorama first, before delving straight into amniocentesis (which is recommended to be done after week 16). NIPT is 100% safe, 99% accurate and no risk of miscarriage, so you might want to explore that option first. Chances are everything is fine :) Boys in general have a higher NT as well.
Hi Lyanna, good day! it’s such a relief to hear that Me and my husband really pray for normal result

Hi, Im a 28 year old from the philippines.It’s my first born baby. I got my result from my OSCAR test and it shows that my Nuchal Translucency is 3.50mm and nasal bone is 3:2mm. So my baby’s risk is 1:25☹ Which fall to High Risk. My OB advice us to do further test which is the amniocentesis. I’m so anxious with the result. Until now we can’t decide it yet. I’m on my 14 weeks today.
NT 3,5 actually isn’t high. My son’s NT was 3,2, I did NIPT which came normal, delivered healthy baby boy.
Believe in your baby!

Hello, my baby's NT scan is 3mm and our risk is 1:42. Even though panorama came back low risk, we decided to go for amniocentesis thereafter just to be very sure things are okay.

We just got back the result that all is good. Have faith in your baby and you can consider doing panorama before doing amnio.

Good news is, your baby has a nasal bone!

Hello, my baby's NT scan is 3mm and our risk is 1:42. Even though panorama came back low risk, we decided to go for amniocentesis thereafter just to be very sure things are okay.

We just got back the result that all is good. Have faith in your baby and you can consider doing panorama before doing amnio.

Good news is, your baby has a nasal bone!
Hello Mommy, Thank you for your kind words!❤️ It really helps

can i know what is background risk and adjustable risk as my wife oscar test come back for trisomy 21 background risk is 1:230 and adjustable Risk 1:31. NT is 2.4mm

can i know what is background risk and adjustable risk as my wife oscar test come back for trisomy 21 background risk is 1:230 and adjustable Risk 1:31. NT is 2.4mm
Hello, my background risk is 1:791 but my adjusted risk is 1:25. My baby’s NT is 3.50mm and the Nasal Bone is 3.2mm. How old is your wife?

Hi! Did u do amnio?

I didn’t not go for amnio. I just wait my schedule for Fetal Anomaly Scan. And it shows that everything is normal❤ praise the Lord
So after high risk oscar result u didnt do anymore test is it? Cz now i experience same thing oscar im 27 this yr , result 1:17 nt 2.6 nasal bone present . Doctor keep ask me to take further test , im very worried ! :(

So after high risk oscar result u didnt do anymore test is it? Cz now i experience same thing oscar im 27 this yr , result 1:17 nt 2.6 nasal bone present . Doctor keep ask me to take further test , im very worried ! :(
i understand jessa, same feelings that time. it’s not easy but i surrendered everything to the Lord. We prayed hard and decided that whatever it is we will continue the pregnancy.I went to NUH for my Fetal Anomaly Scan last 25 of March since i’m high risk it took 1 hour of scanning instead of 30 mins. inside the Scan Room The ultrasonographer will show everything to you after that the consultant will go inside and double check everything. Then after a week i went to my My OB to show the result and she told me that my baby is a big baby one thing that we should be grateful because normally those baby with down syndrome their heart is not normal and the they’re small. You can whatsapp me 8450 7896 if you need someone to talk to.

May i know yung Nuchal Translucency result? and what is your gestational age that time? my OB is from Thomson Womens Clinic how about you?

yesss, because of NT but thankful that my baby’s Nasal Bone is 3.2mm present
Did ur OB mention anything about ur blood result? I personally also dun wan do anymore test like u , but v hard to deal w the stress keep thinking everyday

Did ur OB mention anything about ur blood result? I personally also dun wan do anymore test like u , but v hard to deal w the stress keep thinking everyday
She didn’t mentioned anything about my blood result. Maybe you can talk to your husband if what will be your decision just in case (knock on wood) your baby will be diagnosed with T21. Becasue my Ob told me if we don’t have any plan to terminate the baby then no need to go for further test. if you can still handle the stress you can wait for you FA Scan but if you want peace of mind right away maybe you can consider to go for further test. As much as possible avoid getting stress jessa so it will not affect your baby. I understand it’s hard but try to make yourself busy as much as possible. don’t overthink too much.

Me and my husband didn't go for amnio because it’s very expensive. as a foreigner we don’t have any subsidy. what we did is we double check our family background if we have family/relatives diagnosed with T21. anyway how many weeks you are now? how about with T18 & T13? what is your risk?

Yes dear , try to stay positive , its been only 2 days since the result out but i cant stop thinking abt it T18: 1:10800 n t13 1:2150 .. im 13 wks 5 days now .. may i know ur blood result the free beta hcg n ppap?

Yes dear , try to stay positive , its been only 2 days since the result out but i cant stop thinking abt it T18: 1:10800 n t13 1:2150 .. im 13 wks 5 days now .. may i know ur blood result the free beta hcg n ppap?
can i send to you in the whatsapp? personal message?

I didn’t not go for amnio. I just wait my schedule for Fetal Anomaly Scan. And it shows that everything is normal❤ praise the Lord

Hi! is Fetal Anomaly scan referring to the scan at 20wks of pregnancy? So u didn't go for panorama test after oscar? My oscar results for T21 wasn't very ideal too. My gynae recommends me to do panorama. I'm still in a dilemma.

Hi! is Fetal Anomaly scan referring to the scan at 20wks of pregnancy? So u didn't go for panorama test after oscar? My oscar results for T21 wasn't very ideal too. My gynae recommends me to do panorama. I'm still in a dilemma.
Hello, yes correct. FA Scan is between 20-22 weeks.. So i just waited for my FA Scan rather than proceeding to any diagnostic test. Why? may i know your result? how many weeks now?

Hello, yes correct. FA Scan is between 20-22 weeks.. So i just waited for my FA Scan rather than proceeding to any diagnostic test. Why? may i know your result? how many weeks now?

I am in my 13 weeks now. I just received my Oscar report yesterday. NT is 1.8mm, nasal bone is 2.4mm. Gynae said all's fine, except the only concern is Trisomy 21, 1:237 whereby my age range should be 1:300 to be considered low risk. Hence he recommended me panorama. I am still thinking whether to go for it. But if the FA scan can do the same, I think I will give panorama a miss. Any suggestion?

I am in my 13 weeks now. I just received my Oscar report yesterday. NT is 1.8mm, nasal bone is 2.4mm. Gynae said all's fine, except the only concern is Trisomy 21, 1:237 whereby my age range should be 1:300 to be considered low risk. Hence he recommended me panorama. I am still thinking whether to go for it. But if the FA scan can do the same, I think I will give panorama a miss. Any suggestion?
Yesss, your Gynae is correct. Your result is quite fine compare to me.

This is my Oscar Result during my 12 days and 5 days gestational age

NT: 3.5mm
Nasal Bone: 3.2mm
T21 Adjusted Risk: 1:25

As a foreigner it’s very expensive for us if we go for Amniocentesis since we don’t have subsidy. so that’s why we waited for my FA Scan. Praise the Lord everything went well. Just pray harder and trust your baby. Talk your baby❤️ I understand your feelings, but as much as possible avoid stress because it will affect your baby.

Yesss, your Gynae is correct. Your result is quite fine compare to me.

This is my Oscar Result during my 12 days and 5 days gestational age

NT: 3.5mm
Nasal Bone: 3.2mm
T21 Adjusted Risk: 1:25

As a foreigner it’s very expensive for us if we go for Amniocentesis since we don’t have subsidy. so that’s why we waited for my FA Scan. Praise the Lord everything went well. Just pray harder and trust your baby. Talk your baby❤ I understand your feelings, but as much as possible avoid stress because it will affect your baby.

Sure. In the end my hubby still prefer we do panorama. I just did it today. I pray all's well :) God bless your baby too!

i understand jessa, same feelings that time. it’s not easy but i surrendered everything to the Lord. We prayed hard and decided that whatever it is we will continue the pregnancy.I went to NUH for my Fetal Anomaly Scan last 25 of March since i’m high risk it took 1 hour of scanning instead of 30 mins. inside the Scan Room The ultrasonographer will show everything to you after that the consultant will go inside and double check everything. Then after a week i went to my My OB to show the result and she told me that my baby is a big baby one thing that we should be grateful because normally those baby with down syndrome their heart is not normal and the they’re small. You can whatsapp me 8450 7896 if you need someone to talk to.

hi dear , just an update , i did harmony immediately and the result was all good ! Thanku for ur encouragement ❤️ Gnna do 20 weeks FA scan in 2 weeks , hopefully everything goes smoothly , and for u too ya dear :)

Hi all, reading this thread and many others on bad OSCAR results really gives me comfort knowing that there are so many false positives. I am a first time mom to be, 27 and currently 13 weeks in. I just received the OSCAR results and everything was fine except the higher than normal NT which is at 3.4mm. Went home and bawled my eyes out, but thank God for a very supportive husband. Gynae recommended us to go through the Amnio procedure but we are 50-50 about it. After reading the threads here, we may go for NIPT just to get a peace of mind. We believe our baby is healthy nonethless and we are still gonna love the baby the same either way. Thank you mummies for giving me that slightest bit of hope and faith and I thought it was gonna be the end of the world for me. Sending love to everyone!!!

I'm going to say it again Oscar is freaking useless. The false alarm positive thing rate is so high and it's nearly useless.

Back